Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4500) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4605410 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4497) (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by moufan: 10:01pm On Apr 25, 2021
it's Barca's liga to lose now, provided they don't blow it
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by DissTroy(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
jpmoriarti:
We're on the cusp of winning a league title after winning the Copa in a difficult season and you say there isn't much to say?

Many Barça fans also want the UCL again, after the failings of 2019 and 2020. 2021 was supposed to be the year. Or at least we should have gone out on a high unlike the two previous years mentioned.
Maybe we've been spoilt by too much success in a short while. We've been spoilt to believe the La Liga and Copa are our 'birth right' by default.
Difficult adjusting to the present reality.

For many fans, they just don't want to say anything; too angry to say much.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 25, 2021
cool

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by stuff46(m): 10:15pm On Apr 25, 2021
angry
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Santiago123(m): 10:18pm On Apr 25, 2021
ddippset:
shocked shocked

Was Cryuff so good in your eyes?

Yes cyruff was actually a genius in his days,the truth is many people; don't know about cyruff the player,they Tmanaere about him as an influencual manager ger,but cyruff the player was something else
I picked him as the greatest because of all those players there he was the most complete(a total footballer),a true coach on the pitch that made others around him better,an excellent operator on the flanks,clever inside the box effective in central midfield and resourceful as a centreback or sweeper I put him above Messi because Messi is virtually a player of the final 1/3rd of the offensive pitch.
By the way I dont think Messi or maradona was a better dribbler than cyruff,they are only stronger than cyruff in how they carry their natural low sense of gravity that permits them to sustain a long run
In terms of finishing,the case of Messi as a better finisher is a specious one for several factors,this era favour's current attacking players and castigated previous ones

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2021
La Liga table in December.

Barcelona was closer to relegation than to the UCL spots.

If we win this league, it'll be the biggest comeback in recent times.

23 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:30pm On Apr 25, 2021
Barcelona Won 3 points

Manchester City won a title

Atletico lost

Madrid dropped points

Man United dropped points. Advantage City

Juventus dropped points

Barcelona female team have an away goal and drew in UCL semi final

This weekend has been fantastic

11 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Santiago123(m): 10:32pm On Apr 25, 2021
[quote author=Santiago123 post=101123239]

Yes cyruff was actually a genius in his days,the truth is many people; don't know about cyruff the player,they Tmanaere about him as an influencual manager ger,but cyruff the player was something else
I picked him as the greatest because of all those players there he was the most complete(a total footballer),a true coach on the pitch that made others around him better,an excellent operator on the flanks,clever inside the box effective in central midfield and resourceful as a centreback or sweeper I put him above Messi because Messi is virtually a player of the final 1/3rd of the offensive pitch.
By the way I dont think Messi or maradona was a better dribbler than cyruff,they are only stronger than cyruff in how they carry their natural low sense of gravity that permits them to sustain a long run
In terms of finishing,the case of Messi as a better finisher is a specious one for several factors,this era favour's current attacking players and castigated previous ones.
Furthermore I believe cyruff to be the greatest playmaker of all time ,not because he was the best passer,or dribbler but his contextuality was too advanced that he created so many chances for his teammate.
To but Into context cyruff 1974 world cup is widely regarded as the greatest playmaking performance in world cup history(he created more chances than maradona,Pele,zico ,Messi did in their respective world cup) averaging (5.1) created chances per game,that is simply I sane,he also won the golden ball too
He has an amazing club career,(even more decorated than Messi) or maradona and with a little luck he would have won the world
Well either way even without all this I can tell you this,no cruyff = no total football,no cruyff=no dream team, no cruyff=no juan Laporte(Barcelona most decorated president ) no cruyff =no guardiola,no cruyff=no xavi or iniesta,no cruyff=no Messi
That is why cruyff is the greatest of all time
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 11:02pm On Apr 25, 2021
Wow wow, It's hard to believe that Barca now has a realistic chance of winning the league. From a total write-off in December to title favorites in May.

We fans may say all we want and nitpick on the tinier details of the team's shortcomings every matchday, but what we cannot deny is that Koeman has turned this team into the most consistent winning machine among the top four teams for the past four months, and this is what I believe gives Barca the edge over RM and ATM during this final lap of games.

Someone said the table will look like this come end of May:

1. Barca
2. Atletico
3. Sevilla
4. At least we beat Barca home and away grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by obonujoker(m): 11:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
Barca clowns will drop points ... Insha Allah
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 11:33pm On Apr 25, 2021
Debroslink:
Barcelona Won 3 points

Atletico lost

Madrid dropped points

Juventus dropped points

You forgot to add that Inter Milan won.

Perfect weekend.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 12:26am On Apr 26, 2021
ThierryJay:
Wow wow, It's hard to believe that Barca now has a realistic chance of winning the league. From a total write-off in December to title favorites in May. We fans may say all we want and nitpick on the tinier details of the team's shortcomings every matchday, but what we cannot deny is that Koeman has turned this team into the most consistent winning machine among the top four teams for the past four months, and this is what I believe gives Barca the edge over RM and ATM during this final lap of games.

Someone said the table will look like this come end of May:

1. Barca
2. Atletico
3. Sevilla
4. At least we beat Barca home and away grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Hulk and Purple won't like this.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 12:36am On Apr 26, 2021
FirstbornWds:

Hulk and Purple won't like this.

Lol they should become Cules then, so they'd be happy with the standings
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:35am On Apr 26, 2021
Looking at the fixtures I see that Athletico have easier fixtures than us.

The team have to be very cautious. Those 2 fixtures Away to Valencia and Levante will be very tricky.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 6:25am On Apr 26, 2021
By the way Messi has been carrying on with 4 yellow cards for some games now.

Hope he hangs on, 6 more games.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 6:32am On Apr 26, 2021
cliqtips:
well, it's better we win all our matches than doing mathematics later on like Nigeria super eagles grin

When was the last time super eagles needed mathematics to qualify for a competition?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by cliqtips: 7:53am On Apr 26, 2021
temi1290:

When was the last time super eagles needed mathematics to qualify for a competition?
well, you can answer that but I'm sure there was a time like that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Lana1(m): 8:09am On Apr 26, 2021
Debroslink:
Barcelona Won 3 points

Atletico lost

Madrid dropped points

Juventus dropped points

undecided undecided
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 8:20am On Apr 26, 2021
ThierryJay:

Lol they should become Cules then, so they'd be happy with the standings

If Ronaldo plays for Barcelona, Hulk would gladly jump on the train.

Purple will need more of memes to actually get convinced

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 8:29am On Apr 26, 2021
ddippset:
By the way Messi has been carrying on with 4 yellow cards for some games now.

Hope he hangs on, 6 more games.

Even De Jong doesn't make any rash tackle anymore over the past few games cos he's also on 4 yellow cards.

On 50-50 balls, baba just dey leave am for opponent, to avoid stories that touch.

Messi's case is helped by the fact that he's a forward and really doesn't need to make any tackle, so he may not get any card till season end. Hopefully he avoids any unnecessary arguments with referees and opposing players alike.

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 8:36am On Apr 26, 2021
FirstbornWds:

If Ronaldo plays for Barcelona, Hulk would gladly jump on the train.

Purple will need more of memes to actually get convinced

grin, You mean if CR joins Barca, Hulk will support Barca over Madrid in El Clasico? I can imagine the mental conflict he'll experience in such a case.

Don't really get the history behind Purple's love for memes cos I'm relatively recent on this thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 11:05am On Apr 26, 2021
ThierryJay:

Even De Jong doesn't make any rash tackle anymore over the past few games cos he's also on 4 yellow cards.

On 50-50 balls, baba just dey leave am for opponent, to avoid stories that touch.

Messi's case is helped by the fact that he's a forward and really doesn't need to make any tackle, so he may not get any card till season end. Hopefully he avoids any unnecessary arguments with referees and opposing players alike.

Griezmann and Mingueza are also on four yellow.

Bdw, Mingueza kind of look like the picture of Jesus they showed us. OmojoJesu.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2021
temi1290:

Griezmann and Mingueza are also on four yellow.

Bdw, Mingueza kind of look like the picture of Jesus they showed us. OmojoJesu.

That Mingueza 5th yellow card sure pass. Just pray that it doesn't come before a crucial match.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2021
ThierryJay:

That Mingueza 5th yellow card sure pass. Just pray that it doesn't come before a crucial match.

Well there's Araujo to cover for him.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 3:34pm On Apr 26, 2021
temi1290:

Well there's Araujo to cover for him.
I don't even know how Araujo fell out of the starting team.

Before his injury he was always on the team sheet before Lenglet and Mingueza.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 4:01pm On Apr 26, 2021
Lana1:
Where is UltimateSammie? Where is Darkrebel? Where is Pelvicky? Where is dmcdad?
Who dey find me? cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Odunharry(m): 4:06pm On Apr 26, 2021
jpmoriarti:
La Liga table in December.

Barcelona was closer to relegation than to the UCL spots.

If we win this league, it'll be the biggest comeback in recent times.
O boy.. 13th on the league.
Hope Barcelona wins this.. AM already bleeped up big time. People thought the league is theirs by Dec/Jan
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 5:19pm On Apr 26, 2021
ddippset:
I don't even know how Araujo fell out of the starting team.

Before his injury he was always on the team sheet before Lenglet and Mingueza.

You've and the question yourself, Injury.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:45pm On Apr 26, 2021
temi1290:

You've and the question yourself, Injury.
So what has happened after his injury?

He's had enough time to blend back in hasn't he?

Abi Has he turned into Mikel Sylvestre?

cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ThierryJay: 6:30pm On Apr 26, 2021
ddippset:

cheesy

I think he was a bit exposed in the el clasico. He was soft on Benzema giving that one enough room to backheel spectacularly.

Araujo stock has fallen since that match which is why Koeman refocused on Pique. Hopefully he'll regain his pre-injury form.

Football can be quite unforgiving.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by temi1290: 7:58pm On Apr 26, 2021
ddippset:

cheesy

Not all players will suddenly get back to form after injury,he definitely needs time.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 5:38am On Apr 27, 2021
temi1290:

Not all players will suddenly get back to form after injury,he definitely needs time.
ThierryJay:

I think he was a bit exposed in the el clasico. He was soft on Benzema giving that one enough room to backheel spectacularly.

Araujo stock has fallen since that match which is why Koeman refocused on Pique. Hopefully he'll regain his pre-injury form.

Football can be quite unforgiving.
I really hope he gets back to his full potential.

I have got so much confidence in Araujo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (4497) (4498) (4499) (4500) (4501) (4502) (4503) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.