Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,538 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4510) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4604351 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4507) (4508) (4509) (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) ... (6193) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 3:31pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
You have to accept that not all squad members will ever get equal treatment. Some will definitely always play more than others while some will barely play. It is what it is.
Who's asking for equality. It's obvious. All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others. undecided

What we're saying is let everyone play. Koeman only plays 12 players when a well functional team should play with at least 14-15 players.
If Puig receives at least 15 minutes per match, based on his creativity and what he has proven in the meagre minutes he has seen, I'm very sure no ONE would be crying victimisation.

How is football a team sport when only a certain few play all minutes and limits others development. The worst part of it all sef, some hardly bringing anything to the table.
The usefulness of players like Roberto I don't understand. Or the untouchable status Pedri gets. I see nothing special about him. Asides from short passes merchant and goal scoring phobia.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 3:42pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
You have to accept that not all squad members will ever get equal treatment. Some will definitely always play more than others while some will barely play. It is what it is.
It's a normal occurrence in every sport. But do you honestly think what is happening to Puig is fair to the extent that moriba is even starting ahead of him and very soon probably Nico Gonzalez from barca B if he renews with the club. You might want to make a case for pjanic or matheus Fernandes. But it's been very clear that koeman has an agenda against him and it was visibly exposed in the game against Granada. Look at pedri in the past few matches and tell me if he isn't burned out or looking bereft of ideas. No matter how talented he is he still remains a prospect at 18 same with moriba and even puig. But just because of leaked information he has decided to frustrate a player that the Barca b coaches said could fill the void when xavi Simons left for PSG. A player who the fans and even some board members endeared themselves to. Look towards the end of last season and in the little minutes he got this campaign and tell me if you didn't see a spark in his play. I'm not gonna be drawn in any pedri vs Puig debate as I think highly of the two but due to what has been witnessed so far this just shows koeman's ego and badbelleism in play
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2021
Kilishihunter:

I didn't want to comment before but I'll have to. Didn't the same talented and large Chelsea squad struggle under lampard that took them to the UCL this season. Even the players that you are even talking about each have one complaint or the other on the Chelsea thread. Tuchel lifted Chelsea not the other way round. Most of us have really cut some slack from koeman because it's his first season but what is wrong is wrong. Putting your ego and tactical ineptness ahead of your team's success is utter bullcrap. If not for Messi and dejong as you said maybe we'll have been fighting for the Europa league places. On the day those players don't turn up what's gonna become of the team? Imagine losing home and away to the worst Real Madrid team in years. Imagine conceding the group leadership to this juve side when you were in the driving seat to top the group. I won't even go into the psg tie. Who should be blame then? Bartomeu (He's gone now) or the players. He was brought him to salvage the situation not to help manage it.
It is easier to lift a young, vibrant team thriving after having another £200M worth of young talents injected into it.
You can't compare that to what Koeman met at Barça. He met a unbalanced, disjointed squad. He sought for consistency and managed to get it. We put together some decent runs. At top clubs like Barcelona, it is either you win or you're out.

I'll still support a Koeman's sacking because I believe he must be held responsible for our UCL exit. He must build a team with more character and more spine. He hasn't exactly achieved that. Only a league title win can save him in my own opinion.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by losprince(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2021
homesteady:
The way JP is talking, you will think that Keoman is the only coach that inherited a troubled team.

Look at Tuchel that took over Chelsea mid season, are they not on their way to UCL final? Is he using the same players every match day?

The only thing Keoman knows how to do is to discourage performing players.

Exactly, Tuchel and Lampard should be a case study as to what a competent and incompetent manager can do to a team.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:56pm On May 03, 2021
Kilishihunter:

It's a normal occurrence in every sport. But do you honestly think what is happening to Puig is fair to the extent that moriba is even starting ahead of him and very soon probably Nico Gonzalez from barca B if he renews with the club. You might want to make a case for pjanic or matheus Fernandes. But it's been very clear that koeman has an agenda against him and it was visibly exposed in the game against Granada. Look at pedri in the past few matches and tell me if he isn't burned out or looking bereft of ideas. No matter how talented he is he still remains a prospect at 18 same with moriba and even puig. But just because of leaked information he has decided to frustrate a player that the Barca b coaches said could fill the void when xavi Simons left for PSG. A player who the fans and even some board members endeared themselves to. Look towards the end of last season and in the little minutes he got this campaign and tell me if you didn't see a spark in his play. I'm not gonna be drawn in any pedri vs Puig debate as I think highly of the two but due to what has been witnessed so far this just shows koeman's ego and badbelleism in play
To be honest, Puig never really impressed me. Pedri is miles ahead of him in terms of maturity with the ball and presence of mind in knowing what best to do at a given time.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 3:58pm On May 03, 2021
losprince:

Exactly, Tuchel and Lampard should be a case study as to what a competent and incompetent manager can do to a team.
Tuchel can still go trophyless but Koeman has bagged himself a trophy already. You can't take that away from him.

Tuchel was sacked by PSG. There's a reason for that.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 4:03pm On May 03, 2021
abduleez1:

Who's asking for equality. It's obvious. All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others. undecided

What we're saying is let everyone play. Koeman only plays 12 players when a well functional team should play with at least 14-15 players.
If Puig receives at least 15 minutes per match, based on his creativity and what he has proven in the meagre minutes he has seen, I'm very sure no ONE would be crying victimisation.

How is football a team sport when only a certain few play all minutes and limits others development. The worst part of it all sef, some hardly bringing anything to the table.
The usefulness of players like Roberto I don't understand. Or the untouchable status Pedri gets. I see nothing special about him. Asides from short passes merchant and goal scoring phobia.

Everyone cannot play. Koeman knew this and recommended Puig to go on loan. Dude rejected the opportunity but has now wasted a whole year warming the bench. There's no victimisation here. It is a case of bad advice from his management. He thought he might be able to get Koeman to change his mind but Koeman's under extreme pressure to steady the ship. No time for experiments. Besides, he sees them in training.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by losprince(m): 4:05pm On May 03, 2021
GrammarNazi1:

With all due respect, JP is too one dimensional. If we lost points against Granada it must only be because the coach rotated.

How about other factors such as not using proper replacements?

Not using a proper tactic?

Not adapting a tactic?

And if Pedri and others had played the earlier matches well, the loss against Granada would not be this costly, would it?

It's a good thing that Koeman didn't use Puig because if only he had used him and we lost, Puig would have either deservedly or undeservedly been the scapegoat.
The guy is obstinate.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by losprince(m): 4:16pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Tuchel can still go trophyless but Koeman has bagged himself a trophy already. You can't take that away from him.

Tuchel was sacked by PSG. There's a reason for that.
He didn't start the season with the team and has managed to turn the fortunes of the club around, let me tell you something, with Lampard in charge chelsea fans lost all hopes of winning anything this season and even finishing top four, but now, their confidence is so off the charts that they believe they can win the champions league, every single chelsea fan in the world right now believes that! Can the same be said about barcelona?

Last season Tuchel won the League 1 with PSG and took them to the champions league final, so his letting go was definitely not due to bad management. Are you seriously arguing now that Koeman is a better manager than Tuchel? Please take your medicine. Biko.

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 4:24pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
To be honest, Puig never really impressed me. Pedri is miles ahead of him in terms of maturity with the ball and presence of mind in knowing what best to do at a given time.
No problem But we've both been watching pedri at the beginning of the season and the pedri of the past few matches and we'll can see a visible stark difference Dude is burned out and is still showing signs of expected inexperience At this stage of the season every hand should be on deck to close out these matches not ego or favouritism

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 4:48pm On May 03, 2021
losprince:

He didn't start the season with the team and has managed to turn the fortunes of the club around, let me tell you something, with Lampard in charge chelsea fans lost all hopes of winning anything this season and even finishing top four, but now, their confidence is so off the charts that they believe they can win the champions league, every single chelsea fan in the world right now believes that! Can the same be said about barcelona?

Last season Tuchel won the League 1 with PSG and took them to the champions league final, so his letting go was definitely not due to bad management. Are you seriously arguing now that Koeman is a better manager than Tuchel? Please take your medicine. Biko.
Tuchel wasn't even sacked concerning matters trophywise. It was due to his clash with the psg board on how he was treated at the club especially despite leading them to the UCL final. As for koeman No matter what happens to these two clubs Real Madrid and Barcelona are still seen in many fans and players eyes as the two biggest clubs in the world so if you're a coach or player your bleeps up are more visible compared to other clubs. Koeman has bagged a trophy in his first season. Yes Kudos to him for that but let's also not forget that Lord valverde also won a league and cup double in his first season even with stiffer competition than this season and I believe he's not up to koeman tactics wise. The champions league that most fans hoped for a better showing still brought about a shitty performance. Many had high hopes for him due to his success as a former player and his rejuvenation of the Dutch national team but in my hearts of hearts I don't feel he's the one to finally turn this team into a major European force as we've still mostly relied on Messi time and time again this season. I might be wrong though but only Time would tell

6 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 4:49pm On May 03, 2021
Bottlers FC. Always getting disgraced in the UCL. 8-2, 4-0.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 4:54pm On May 03, 2021
monerozi5590:
Are you just waking up?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 5:01pm On May 03, 2021
monerozi5590:
Hey easy bro At least we helped you end the unbeaten home run of the Valencia team who had no mercy on y'all 4-1 reason Don't forget to say thank you wink

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by monerozi5590: 5:02pm On May 03, 2021
GrammarNazi1:

Are you just waking up?

7- 0 ... The highest aggregate score in a semi final against same Bayern.SMH
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:03pm On May 03, 2021
monerozi5590:

Only people who have just woken up from a coma talk about this as if it were recent.

4 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 5:05pm On May 03, 2021
monerozi5590:

Then what shall we say of this one? Heck I'm sure I'll even score a hattrick against this alcoyano boys grin

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:31pm On May 03, 2021
losprince:

Well, Roberto Di Matteo took charge of Chelsea midseason in 2012 and won them the UCL. Where is him today?

Even at Chelsea today, not all players are enjoying. Tammy Abraham, Hodson-Odoi, Oliver Giroud etc are not having best of times. No manager can satisfy every single player.

Koeman should be punished for the way we bowed out of the UCL this season. Only a league title can save him. But I dont think anyone should punish him for not playing Puig, even though everyone wanted Puig to play.

Who said we cannot build a world-class best team without Puig?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 5:33pm On May 03, 2021
losprince:

The guy is obstinate.
I am
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BykeLaByke: 7:14pm On May 03, 2021
Ter Stegen has conceded 9 Goals from last 14 shots.

What the frack he's even worse than I thought. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:49pm On May 03, 2021
BykeLaByke:
Ter Stegen has conceded 9 Goals from last 14 shots.

What the frack he's even worse than I thought. lipsrsealed
cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Moura7(m): 8:16pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Well, Roberto Di Matteo took charge of Chelsea midseason in 2012 and won them the UCL. Where is him today?

Even at Chelsea today, not all players are enjoying. Tammy Abraham, Hodson-Odoi, Oliver Giroud etc are not having best of times. No manager can satisfy every single player.

Koeman should be punished for the way we bowed out of the UCL this season. Only a league title can save him. But I dont think anyone should punish him for not playing Puig, even though everyone wanted Puig to play.

Who said we cannot build a world-class best team without Puig?

He's not giving Puig a fair chance, just be honest about it. Dude has started just two matches and played a few games as a sub(& most of dem were when we were losing already or like 5 mins cameo) Yes, he might have made some mistakes but he's also been terrific too. Pedri has flopped in some games this season too but for some reason he still gets to play but Puig is not given the same opportunity.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 8:45pm On May 03, 2021
Moura7:

He's not giving Puig a fair chance, just be honest about it. Dude has started just two matches and played a few games as a sub(& most of dem were when we were losing already or like 5 mins cameo) Yes, he might have made some mistakes but he's also been terrific too. Pedri has flopped in some games this season too but for some reason he still gets to play but Puig is not given the same opportunity.
Make we better leave this JP guy and his Koeman sentiments. The guy always be Simping for Koeman it's like coachie dey give am share of salary.

Dude already has his mind made up from the start. Total waste of resources dragging this shït out repeatedly. undecided

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 8:56pm On May 03, 2021
abduleez1:

Make we better leave this JP guy and his Koeman sentiments. The guy always be Simping for Koeman it's like coachie dey give am share of salary.

Dude already has his mind made up from the start. Total waste of resources dragging this shït out repeatedly. undecided
I am a very pragmatic fan. I analyze events based on what I see. No sentiments, no emotions. It is what it is.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:05pm On May 03, 2021
And it must be that what you see is always the truth.

Or it must be that others don't use what they see in their analyses.

Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:07pm On May 03, 2021
Sevilla about to drop points?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 9:12pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
I am a very pragmatic fan. I analyze events based on what I see. No sentiments, no emotions. It is what it is.
Okay.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:18pm On May 03, 2021
GrammarNazi1:
And it must be that what you see is always the truth.

Or it must be that others don't use what they see in their analyses.

Lol
Everybody sees what they see in their own perspective. There is no single correct opinion. All opinions supported with verifiable facts are valid.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:35pm On May 03, 2021
ddippset:
Sevilla about to drop points?
Jam bodi Atletic Bilbao no dey smile grin Hopefully, they also get some points off Real Madrid.

3 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:49pm On May 03, 2021
Athletic Bilbao!

Bastards!!

What a sucker punch.

We have suffered from such sucker punches all season!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 9:49pm On May 03, 2021
Sucker punch for Athletic on Sevilla!!

SEV 0 - 1 ATH
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by ddippset(m): 9:51pm On May 03, 2021
jpmoriarti:
Jam bodi Atletic Bilbao no dey smile grin Hopefully, they also get some points off Real Madrid.
2 of them just dey jam body.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4507) (4508) (4509) (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) ... (6193) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: Geld(m), Awesome01(m), ohma456 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.