Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,174 members, 7,860,221 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:59 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5561) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4667728 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5558) (5559) (5560) (5561) (5562) (5563) (5564) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
De Jong was at fault for isak's goal...Eric even managed to get part of the ball. It was an unfortunate deflection

Leave am make e day talk balderdash.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2022
Lol. Make we just face opposition with potent attack, the Eric yansh go open grin

He's only excellent when playing against a weak team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 9:57am On Aug 29, 2022
After the mistake from De jong, Garcia had the opportunity to diffused the situation ,he failed at that.
BlaqFaze:
De Jong was at fault for isak's goal...Eric even managed to get part of the ball. It was an unfortunate deflection
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 9:58am On Aug 29, 2022
U sef see am , against Sociedad he was shaking
Culer:
Lol. Make we just face opposition with potent attack, the Eric yansh go open grin

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2022
Ibukzy:
In the match against Sociedad Chris was a better defender, he prevented La real from scoring in that first minutes attacked which we suffered after going ahead in the match.

The only defensive action of Garcia was when he failed to prevent Isak from scoring

That was the only stop he had ahead of Eric. Eric stopped Take Kubo more than once, one particularly after beating Araujo.

He had countless tackles against Isak after the unfortunate deflection, until the former got substituted.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2022
Culer:

Normally, you na pessimist. So anything goes.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlaqFaze: 10:00am On Aug 29, 2022
Ibukzy:
After the mistake from De jong, Garcia had the opportunity to diffused the situation ,he failed at that.
Then MATS is also at fault... after the mistake from Garcia, MATS had the opportunity to save the ball.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:02am On Aug 29, 2022
We are still saying the same thing , Garcia lost concentration to diffused the situation, while expecting a free kick, a good defender who knows his onions will never do that.
while De jong take a larger part of the blame , Garcia is not totally blameless
FirstbornWds:

Both situations were not the same. Jong has just received the ball from the keeper and was trying to maneuver through before David Silva caught him unaware, causing our midfielder to complain to the referee, allowing others to follow suit, after which Isak moved on, leaving Eric to chase.

Let's not even talk about Araujo who was battle ready to chase a pass.

It was never his fault. He doesn't even have any blame for that goal.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:05am On Aug 29, 2022
Ibukzy:
We are still saying the same thing , Garcia lost concentration to diffused the situation, while expecting a free kick, a good defender who knows his onions will never do that.
while De jong take a larger part of the blame , Garcia is not totally blameless

He is TOTALLY BLAMELESS
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:07am On Aug 29, 2022
Lol

He is not
FirstbornWds:

He is TOTALLY BLAMELESS
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GuiseppeO: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2022
To me Eric isn’t a terrible defender, he’s not as strong and fast as them Koundes and Araujo, He’s more Pique-like.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:09am On Aug 29, 2022
FirstbornWds:

Normally, you na pessimist. So anything goes.
see ehn, I'm a realist. I don't sugar coat things.. Eric is only good against mediocre teams.
We've seen it time and time again. The most recent being towards the end of last season, Guy was giving masterclass upon masterclass of performances against them Mallorca, osasuna and co only to face Frankfurt and totally became shit, he was also poor against Napoli beforehand, and betis after.

The fans who were singing his praises started calling for his head.

I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but he's not starter quality against the tough teams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2022
Thank you
Culer:
see ehn, I'm a realist. I don't sugar coat things.. Eric is only good against mediocre teams.
We've seen in time and time again. The most recent being towards the end of last season, Guy was giving masterclass upon masterclass of performance against them Mallorca, osasuna and co only to face Frankfurt and totally became shit, he was also poor against Napoli beforehand.
The fans who were singing his praises started calling for his head.

I'm not saying he's a bad defender, but he's not starter quality against the tough teams.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2022
GuiseppeO:
To me Eric isn’t a terrible defender, he’s not as strong and fast as them Koundes and Araujo, He’s more Pique-like.
he's nowhere near pique. He loses it when faced against teams with deadly attackers.
You should know that at 21, pique was a starter for us in the 2009 champions league winning team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:17am On Aug 29, 2022
Y'all don't worry. You'll see Eric in defense tarya.

He faced Madrid and Athletico and played excellently well. Frankfurt game was a total off for every player on the pitch but na Eric una remember.

Napoli that he kept Oshimen quiet is the one that somebody is claiming that he was bad.

Xavi knows best and I am sure he's not blind to have trusted ahead of every other defender.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2022
Culer:
he's nowhere near pique. He loses it when faced against teams with deadly attackers.
You should know that at 21, pique was a starter for us in the 2009 champions league winning team.

Pique had the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, and Puyol in their best years to tutor him, compared to Garcia that's learning through the ranks.

Y'all get too emotional when it negates a player that you don't like.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GuiseppeO: 10:20am On Aug 29, 2022
Culer:

I’m not comparing them, Eric came into a dysfunctional team with no leader, I’d cut him some slack.

He’s not Pique level but he can become a world beater. I remember say I swear for am last season grin.
But I just want him to come good, such great passing from defense shouldn’t go to waste grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlaqFaze: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2022
All i know is Eric has been our best defender this season
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:23am On Aug 29, 2022
FirstbornWds:

Pique had the likes of Vidic, Ferdinand, and Puyol in their best years to tutor him, compared to Garcia that's learning through the ranks.

Y'all get too emotional when it negates a player that you don't like.
who tutored araujo? Who tutored kounde? Who tutored konate? De ligt?

Ogbeni who no good no good, people like you na when yawa gas your eyes go clear.
Last season some deluded fans were even saying Eric was clear off araujo because of his performances Mallorca, osasuna lol. We meet Frankfurt and betis Eric loss for match e come be like say na only araujo dey our defense.
Leave that thing.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:25am On Aug 29, 2022
Stop lying Pique was the one who kept Oshimen silent in that match, even at that our defense line which was well structured organized by pique who was the leader in defence , kept playing Oshimen offside till he was substituted

Xavi knows best till we get disgraced again
FirstbornWds:

He faced Madrid and Athletico and excellently well. Frankfurt game was a total off for every player on the pitch but na Eric una remember.

Napoli that he kept Oshimen quiet is the one that somebody is claiming that he was bad

Xavi knows best and I am sure he's not blind to have trusted ahead of every other defender.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:28am On Aug 29, 2022
GuiseppeO:

I’m not comparing them, Eric came into a dysfunctional team with no leader, I’d cut him some slack.

He’s not Pique level but he can become a world beater. I remember say I swear for am last season grin.
But I just want him to come good, such great passing from defense shouldn’t go to waste grin
araujo is also in the dysfunctional team and yet we can see how good of a defender he is.

you swear for am last season and you go still swear for am this season, just dey watch... the time never reach grin

Yes he has great passing but in every other aspect, he's not good enough, including aerially.

Y'all just need to watch him against a tough team to notice his weaknesses.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GuiseppeO: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2022
Culer:
you swear for am last season and you go still swear for am this season, just watch... the time never reach grin

Yes he has great passing but in every other aspect, he's not good enough, including aerially.

Y'all just need to watch him against a tough team to notice his weaknesses.

He’d improve, na so them talk about Marquez, na so them say Pique sef too lanky when him come abeg make we free am for now grin

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2022
There was an instance sef in last match, where there was a cross into the the box and Garcia could not leap to head the ball out , only for Guardiola to head wide

Another was when he almost scored an own goal
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:37am On Aug 29, 2022
FirstbornWds:

He faced Madrid and Athletico and excellently well. Frankfurt game was a total off for every player on the pitch but na Eric una remember.

Napoli that he kept Oshimen quiet is the one that somebody is claiming that he was bad.

lmao, you sure say you watch that Napoli match?

He faced Madrid that had no benzema and no right winger. Vini pocketed by araujo, so there was no threat at all.

Yes Xavi knows best that's why he bought Christensen and kounde.
If you'll talk about depth, Christensen would've been enough as we already had araujo pique and the Eric.. but Xavi knows best so he fought for kounde's signature.. he knew Garcia's only good against farmers and plumbers grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by FirstbornWds: 10:48am On Aug 29, 2022
Ibukzy:
Stop lying Pique was the one who kept Oshimen silent in that match, even at that our defense line which was well structured organized by pique who was the leader in defence , kept playing Oshimen offside till he was substituted

Xavi knows best till we get disgraced again

Most of you are just plainly emotional.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yabCSJO7HTs

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 10:50am On Aug 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
All i know is Eric has been our best defender this season
Calm down.. we're just 3 games into the season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlaqFaze: 10:52am On Aug 29, 2022
Culer:
Calm down.. we're just 3 games into the season.
In those 3 games he's been our best defender...be there waiting for him to fail

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:57am On Aug 29, 2022
Wan bi wah? Sport don start this early morning
| JUST IN | FC Barcelona & Manchester United are in talks for a swap between Sergiño Dest & Aaron Wan-Bissaka.

[Via: SPORT]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by jpmoriarti(m): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2022
Xavi’s comments on Eric García.

Should we take the comments of people who haven't left Nigeria before, who are only privileged to watch on TV or Xavi who sees Eric everyday?

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ibukzy: 10:58am On Aug 29, 2022
FirstbornWds:

As you can see in the highlight Pique was the one always checking the runs of Oshimen

Garcia was also lucky not to see red in that match with that reckless tackle in that highlight

FirstbornWds:

Most of you are just plainly emotional.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Culer: 11:09am On Aug 29, 2022
BlaqFaze:
In those 3 games he's been our best defender...be there waiting for him to fail
ok.. bookmarked grin

I'll quote this post in a month time
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BlaqFaze: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2022
jpmoriarti:
Xavi’s comments on Eric García.

Should we take the comments of people who haven't left Nigeria before, who are only privileged to watch on TV or Xavi who sees Eric everyday?
Future captain sef cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5558) (5559) (5560) (5561) (5562) (5563) (5564) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.