Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,258 members, 7,860,592 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:07 PM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5688) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4668276 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5685) (5686) (5687) (5688) (5689) (5690) (5691) ... (6231) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2022
airmark:

Too much burden of carrying a Torino team led to Injury that hampered his career. Players like Busquets hardly gets injured as they are being carried every season. Like Busquets, like Jorginho.

I was having this same argument with a friend months ago... Its only Barca fans that rate Busquets. He has never been a top DMF. He is not athletic nor strong defensively. He relies heavily on the interiors who cover so much ground to mask his inadequacies. We saw it with Xavi and Iniesta, later with Rakitic (Valverde used the double pivot for this reason) and now we are seeing it with FDJ and the kids. You ask your self why he never made FIFA 11 his entire career, but every Manager somehow feel compulsed to always use him. Its sad!

Go back and watch all our humiliations in the big matches and you will see he is the major culprit. The opposition attacks him then he crumbles, leaving little or no protection for the defence. A DMF should be able to play at CB when necessary, but he has only ever played in CB once in his career and in the match against Arsenal, he scored an own goal.

He really should have left 5yrs ago, but Catalan sentiment. And you can see how much Xavi talks of how important he is. I wont be surprised if he is extended by 2-3 yrs to sustain the further humiliations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

It is not the fans' fault that this is what the club have become post-Messi.

It is the club's!
The current regime sold parts of their shares to give us a competitive team bro, even if we won't qualify, losing sheepishly at home yesterday was sorely on the management, Neuer, Lucas Hernandez and sane didn't play yet see the difference in mentality and intensity between the two sides, I doubt the GOAT will even see all these crisis we are facing and want to come back from where he's living la vida Loca in pii$G
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 8:40am On Oct 27, 2022
jpmoriarti:
Maybe I was wrong about Kessie but I haven't seen any good from him yet. I didn't watch him in Milan and he has yet to convince me. Not with his physicality or his defensive contribution.

Of course, I agree that almost anyone is better than Busquets right now. Dude is a liability as a player and as a captain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 8:41am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

The current regime sold parts of their shares to give us a competitive team bro, even if we won't qualify, losing sheepishly at home yesterday was sorely on the management, Neuer, Lucas Hernandez and sane didn't play yet see the difference in mentality and intensity between the two sides, I doubt the GOAT will even see all these crisis we are facing and want to come back from where he's living la vida Loca in pii$G

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 8:42am On Oct 27, 2022
Mcleo007:

I was having this same argument with a friend months ago... Its only Barca fans that rate Busquets. He has never been a top DMF. He is not athletic nor strong defensively. He relies heavily on the interiors who cover so much ground to mask his inadequacies. We saw it with Xavi and Iniesta, later with Rakitic (Valverde used the double pivot for this reason) and now we are seeing it with FDJ and the kids. You ask your self why he never made FIFA 11 his entire career, but every Manager somehow feel compulsed to always use him. Its sad!

Go back and watch all our humiliations in the big matches and you will see he is the major culprit. The opposition attacks him then he crumbles, leaving little or no protection for the defence. A DMF should be able to play at CB when necessary, but he has only ever played in CB once in his career and in the match against Arsenal, he scored an own goal.

He really should have left 5yrs ago, but Catalan sentiment. And you can see how much Xavi talks of how important he is. I wont be surprised if he is extended by 2-3 yrs to sustain the further humiliations.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:42am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

But is the team competitive?

The players the team bought are either average or too old.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:45am On Oct 27, 2022
As much as we still have finished busquets and pique in this squad, no good RB, you as a coach should know how to work with whatsoever tools available to you, that's why you're been paid, Even if we beat Vardrid to la liga is this how we'll then go and beat small teams in the group then crumble in front of the best? Laporta better think fast before this shit reverbates in the europa league, Time for us to put sentiments over logic which I myself have being guilty of

5 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 8:47am On Oct 27, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 8:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:
As much as we still have finished busquets and pique in this squad, no good RB, you as a coach should know how to work with whatsoever tools available to you, that's why you're been paid, Even if we beat Vardrid to la liga is this how we'll then go and beat small teams in the group then crumble in front of the best? Laporta better think fast before this shit reverbates in the europa league, Time for us to put sentiments over logic which I myself have being guilty of

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 8:51am On Oct 27, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

But you know the financial slate of the club couldn't make us get the creme de la creme of players? Also apart from bellerin and maybe Raphinha (hopefully for now) I don't see how the other signings weren't good enough chief,
I'll still state this team could have done better in the hands of someone more experienced chief
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by GrammarNazi1(m): 8:55am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

But you know the financial slate of the club couldn't make us get the creme de la creme of players? Also apart from bellerin and maybe Raphinha (hopefully for now) I don't see how the other signings weren't good enough chief,
I'll still state this team could have done better in the hands of someone more experienced chief
Even Dembele should not play for an ambitious team.

He could have buried the first leg against Liverpool, before the team eventually capitulated in the second leg.

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 9:00am On Oct 27, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

Even Demnele should not play for am ambitious team.

He could have buried the first leg against Liverpool, before the team eventually capitulated on the second leg.
Lol, you're still going back to 2019 when Messi almost literally won us a treble on his own when our so called expensive prizes coutinho and dembele refused to step up, This is where a good tactician comes in, if he sees you're shit or super inconsistent you'll use your behind to warm the bench but xavi hasn't seemed to have learned that thus far, Left to me I hope his contract isn't renewed in 2024, He should just follow the other failed signings and move like that,At least with Laporta's connects we might get a more consistent RW that time
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ballzproblemm: 9:10am On Oct 27, 2022
love the way Chelsea fans turn up here yesterday grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ballzproblemm: 9:15am On Oct 27, 2022
"rebuilding" the word laporta and xavi is using to deceive Barca fans grin,how can you say you are rebuilding,yet you have no money, instead, loading your team with dead players other clubs dumped .
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 9:31am On Oct 27, 2022
GrammarNazi1:

Even Dembele should not play for an ambitious team.

He could have buried the first leg against Liverpool, before the team eventually capitulated on the second leg.

Meshonu

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 9:31am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Lol, you're still going back to 2019 when Messi almost literally won us a treble on his own when our so called expensive prizes coutinho and dembele refused to step up, This is where a good tactician comes in, if he sees you're shit or super inconsistent you'll use your behind to warm the bench but xavi hasn't seemed to have learned that thus far, Left to me I hope his contract isn't renewed in 2024, He should just follow the other failed signings and move like that,At least with Laporta's connects we might get a more consistent RW that time

Izuzzu

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by zeusis(m): 9:42am On Oct 27, 2022
andrewbaba44 what are your thoughts moving forward?
no bants intended, just want to have a regular convo

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Kilishihunter: 10:05am On Oct 27, 2022
Aha, Lest I forget
Coded01
Culer
Bimmarlaykay
Abduleez1 and others
You were indeed right about the "impending doom" since day 1
Do accept my apologies Bros grin cry

7 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 10:29am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:
Aha, Lest I forget
Coded01
Culer
Bimmarlaykay
Abduleez1 and others
You were indeed right about the "impending doom" since day 1
Do accept my apologies Bros grin cry

Ko mata

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by TLona1: 11:03am On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

No cap we would have at least gotten 3 points of inter, but tbvh if two seasons after we are still referring to "if Messi was here, we would have been this and that" then it's a big worry bro, it means we are not advancing or moving forward at all, Of course no one can replace the GOAT's impact for us but if the finances allowed us keep him till he retired here is this what we'll be facing regularly post-messi? It's just a dicey situation

I was countering the rubbish that the other dude said jare.

Sure we have to move on. Messi is no longer with us and may never come back.

We're shít and that's our reality now but I know we'll bounce back soon. All we need is to fix some few problems and we'll be good to go. We have the players and the quality however some things are still lacking and these are what Xavi is failing to give solutions to.

When we bounce back, na Madrid I pity pass.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by hopefulLandlord: 11:46am On Oct 27, 2022
I pity am

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 12:13pm On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

No cap we would have at least gotten 3 points of inter, but tbvh if two seasons after we are still referring to "if Messi was here, we would have been this and that" then it's a big worry bro, it means we are not advancing or moving forward at all, Of course no one can replace the GOAT's impact for us but if the finances allowed us keep him till he retired here is this what we'll be facing regularly post-messi? It's just a dicey situation

I honestly don't understand what's with Barca fans obsession with keeping Messi or if he was here and that....
I appreciate him and he's still dear to my heart but now fantasizing about his return. Abeg we gat to move on. Messi ain't going to play football forever and the better we realise this the better for us.
That reality is part of the problem we are facing now cos we've built the team around strong individuals not teamwork.

Mark out Dembele and Lewandoski and we're no more less than Real Betis.

Also our annoying stupid clinging to "Barca's Philosophy" and "Tiki Taka" isn't doing us or going to do us some good. Football has gravitated past that. Shït won't work with the type of tactics teams employs this days. I remember saying this several months of it ain't a year that we need to move on from that and adapt to what is attainable.

Who philosophy don help in the past how many years?? Even Lord Pep the perfector of Tiki Taka has improvised and evolved that system to modern day hybrid. But we at Barca are still dreaming of days of old that isn't going to come back.

The philosophy crap talk needed to recruit players and coaches should be scrapped. Cos make we ask ourselves true questions. Is it Tiki Taka that Xavi is playing in the first place. What was previous coaches Ernesto, Koeman, Setien and dare say Enrique playing?
Out best glory days in recent memory was Enrique and he was also criticized of not playing Tiki Taka but a hybrid counter attacking system. Did it work or not?

Ppl better dead that stupid philosophy talk because clubs without philosophy don smell the trophy and have been in position to smell the trophy than we have been in 5yrs. Ie Chelsea, Tottenham, Madrid sef no get Philosophy. PSG, Ajax and the likes.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2022
Kilishihunter:

That's what's annoying me.
How many coaches gets what they want all the damn time. Xavi was given the best transfer window Barca has seen in years, all in one season and man can't even beat a single top tier team in games that matters.

Excuses like injuries doesn't work here cos all teams went to the International Break and inter even lost key players to injuries yet they came out tops. So Xavi can't adapt if his key players are out. Wetin you come be coach for. Na everyday your top players go dey available? That's weak mentality.

Imagine keeping Busquets In the lineup with consistent calamities all round and saying Busquets is an important piece of his work when man's easily the weakest link.
He's almost in the same class as Koeman except he's slightly better in play.

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by abduleez1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2022
Another perfect reason why this oldies needs to be stripped of Captaincy. angry angry

So that useless Busquets no fit face fans and media despite his fat pay and uninspiring performance.

If na kids like Pedri and Araujo dem dey field anytime calamity happens it's best to just hand them youngies the captain armband innit.

Why Ter Stegen no go represent.

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I pity am

This is sad cry

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 1:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
abduleez1:

That's what's annoying me.
How many coaches gets what they want all the damn time. Xavi was given the best transfer window Barca has seen in years, all in one season and man can't even beat a single top tier team in games that matters.

Excuses like injuries doesn't work here cos all teams went to the International Break and inter even lost key players to injuries yet they came out tops. So Xavi can't adapt if his key players are out. Wetin you come be coach for. Na everyday your top players go dey available? That's weak mentality.

Imagine keeping Busquets In the lineup with consistent calamities all round and saying Busquets is an important piece of his work when man's easily the weakest link.
He's almost in the same class as Koeman except he's slightly better in play.

Abeg abeg make una shut up for the next 5 weeks angry

All these talk talk wey no bring anything for una angry

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Bacteria8: 1:21pm On Oct 27, 2022
abduleez1:
Another perfect reason why this oldies needs to be stripped of Captaincy. angry angry

So that useless Busquets no fit face fans and media despite his fat pay and uninspiring performance.

If na kids like Pedri and Araujo dem dey field anytime calamity happens it's best to just hand them youngies the captain armband innit.

Why Ter Stegen no go represent.

If I hear pim again...you go see undecided

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by madrid5: 1:49pm On Oct 27, 2022
grin

2 Likes

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2022
zeusis:
andrewbaba44 what are your thoughts moving forward?
no bants intended, just want to have a regular convo

Hmmmmm

Where should I even start from self grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Ballzproblemm: 2:56pm On Oct 27, 2022
andrewbaba44:

Hmmmmm

Where should I even start from self grin
start from apologizing to Chelsea and their fans ,we are your daddies
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by andrewbaba44: 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
start from apologizing to Chelsea and their fans ,we are your daddies

Apology kee you there

No win champions league first ,you go see advance trolling grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5685) (5686) (5687) (5688) (5689) (5690) (5691) ... (6231) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.