Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4605385 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (6194) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:15am On Jun 17, 2011
medjai:

I think Rossell should have just let it slide. El classico has come and gone, let's just forget about everything and move on.
Rossell also blamed City and Chelsea for making prices go up in the transfer market. True! But I think that's being disrespectful to them and it's not like we're saints ourselves:
€40m + Eto'o for Ibra happened on his watch.
I don't think it was smart letting the whole world know that we have more than €45m to spend on transfers. Now, the prices on our targets will definitely go up.

@bolded, that was Laporta, not Rosell.
Though he is a bit of a petulant fellow, he is sincere and disciplined. He's been a vice president during Laporta's first tenure but resigned due to what he termed Laporta's financial recklessness.

In any case, Barca bidding for any player is sure to entertain serious cash demand. We are the highest paid sports team in the world, remember?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2011
I do not think it would have been right to simply forget everything and pretend as though those allegations and squabbles never happened. U can understand that if they were not told that their intended plan (to distablise an all conquering squad), did not materialize, they will restrategise and come back. And if they do, no amount of ignoring will see us through. If u keep ignoring Mou and his evil cohorts, they will wreck alot of havoc in their wake. With him, the principle of silence being the best answer to a fool, does not hold. Sometimes, it is good to throw caution to the wind and take on him one on one,as exemplified by Guardiola before the cl semis first leg.The timing of this message was just as perfect as the message itself. It couldn't have come at a better time!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2011
Madrid's refutals even sounded like a hastily-put-together attempt at boldface.
They have come out of this looking bad. I support what Rosell did. Any further embarassment, and Perez's job may well be on the line.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
I'm not sure Rossell has taken the best course of action. Things are only going to get worse between the two clubs now.
It definitely needed to be said, but why say it now? Why not back when it all happened?
This will only serve as a distraction and this certainly won't be the end of it.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 5:48am On Jun 18, 2011
Well seems a certain club and their fans do not want to let sleeping dogs lie quietly and we also should not forget the slide remarks on ronaldo and real Madrid prior to the champions league final match.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:19pm On Jun 18, 2011
Pharoh:

Well seems a certain club and their fans do not want to let sleeping dogs lie quietly and we also should not forget the slide remarks on ronaldo and real Madrid prior to the champions league final match.

Well . . . if you're living in a glass house, it's not advisable to throw stones, you know. wink

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2011
Welcome Sanchez. . . cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 6:10pm On Jun 18, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Well . . . if you're living in a glass house, it's not advisable to throw stones, you know. wink

Lol that is very true but like medjai just said, everyone has moved on and what is left is backdoor communication and not these press or media statements.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2011
Pharoh:

Lol that is very true but like medjai just said, everyone has moved on and what is left is backdoor communication and not these press or media statements.

I think that was Rosell's first public comment on the issue. And Madrid's bosses have said quite a lot in comparison. Their comments were quite damning, and were obviously targeted at soiling Barca's reputation. As the head of the organization, he needed to make a strong comment.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by khanye(m): 11:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
Barcelona made a bid of "28M+11M variables" for Udinese attacker Alexis Sanchez (22). The player could be in Barcelona on Wednesday. [sky]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Pharoh: 5:47am On Jun 19, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I think that was Rosell's first public comment on the issue. And Madrid's bosses have said quite a lot in comparison. Their comments were quite damning, and were obviously targeted at soiling Barca's reputation. As the head of the organization, he needed to make a strong comment.

No one is denying him the right to make a strong or passing comment about the whole issue but the point I and mejai has been hammering is the timing of that comment. The other party has moved on and relegated some of the issues to the background, even mourinho will hear the judgement to his appeal next month. The Spanish nation team played some friendly matches and everything has gone back to normal with Valdez even manning the goal post.

Why is the Barcelona president taking us back again and raising already settled dust seeing that we will not meet on the pitch again until the start of next season.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2011
khanye:

Barcelona made a bid of "28M+11M variables" for Udinese attacker Alexis Sanchez (22). The player could be in Barcelona on Wednesday. [sky]
Good! I just hope it doesn't involve sending any of our players the other way. I'd be delighted if we could land him.

Spain U-21 still doing very well. Defeated Ukraine 3-0. Adrian and a Mata brace. De Gea also saved penalty. Fantastic stuff from the youngsters. . . These guys will tear apart most senior teams in Europe. Thiago and Montoya have really impressed so far.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2011
I feel so happy for the youngsters of the Spain U-21 team, esp the Barca boys. In the end, all that it points to is the beauty of playing good football. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 10:16am On Jun 20, 2011
khanye:

medjai:

Good! I just hope it doesn't involve sending any of our players the other way. I'd be delighted if we could land him.

Spain U-21 still doing very well. Defeated Ukraine 3-0. Adrian and a Mata brace. De Gea also saved penalty. Fantastic stuff from the youngsters. . . These guys will tear apart most senior teams in Europe. Thiago and Montoya have really impressed so far.

I'm sure the 'variables' will include at least one player. Maybe Jeffren, as Bojan is already likely to sign for Roma.

Agree fully on Spain U-21. However, they showed some hesitation and lack of killer instinct going forward that was a characteristic of Spanish sides pre-2008. That game could easily have ended 8-0 even, with the way they tore the Ukranians apart.

Bojan worries me. He's clearly brilliant, but lacks a forward's killer instinct. In that game, he got into some outstanding positions, but somehow could not bring himself to kill off the move. I think he needs to play more frequently, in a more physically demanding league. He has the potential and intelligence. Maybe Italy might make him sharper.

Meanwhile, I just read on Goal.com that Mou is planning to roll out a 4-3-3 to accomodate Sahin. Playing 2 defensive midfielders, Khedira on the right, Alonso as the pivot, and Sahin on the left. He will supposedly deploy CR, Benzema, and Oezil up front.

Talk about learning from Barca. I think that formation will be interesting to see. What do you guys think?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mystikal(m): 10:39am On Jun 20, 2011
Even the post-2008 spanish team is not ruthless in front of goal, They enjoy a lion share of possesion alright, but not enough goals to show,

Knowing Mourinho, that formation will change to 5-4-1 vs Barca tongue I think Di Maria shouldnt be left on the bench though. Well, that madrid squad is sure big.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2011
mystikal:

Even the post-2008 spanish team is not ruthless in front of goal, They enjoy a lion share of possesion alright, but not enough goals to show,

Knowing Mourinho, that formation will change to 5-4-1 vs Barca tongue I think Di Maria shouldnt be left on the bench though. Well, that madrid squad is sure big.

Yeah, the Spanish are cursed with overplaying. They hog possession, create chances, but they rarely roll out the artillery. FCB is the ideal of what a ruthless Spanish side should be. I would have said Real Madrid, but they don't have Spaniards in attack.

By the way, Mou rolled out a 4-3-3 in the Copa Del Rey final which he won against Barca. Same lineup as I listed earlier, but with Pepe in Alonso's position. And it was very effective for large periods in the game, though they needed to be unusually physical to break up play.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2011
@Ajanlekok, ur so on point about Bojan. He needs to try out his skills in a physical league like the Bundesliga and Seria A. I doubt he might not make any success in the EPL. hOEever, the young man's got talent.
The said 4-3-3 to be employed by Mou would be his undoing. Somehting like a suicide game. Wasnt that the same pyramid formation he adopted last year at the camp nou?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 5:17pm On Jun 20, 2011
AjanleKoko:

I'm sure the 'variables' will include at least one player. Maybe Jeffren, as Bojan is already likely to sign for Roma.

. . . Heard the deal is around £33m, that's around 37m or €38m, I guess that includes whatever "variables" we are adding. . . I really don't know if I can call that a bargain considering that City and Chelsea were in the race to sign him.

Agree fully on Spain U-21. However, they showed some hesitation and lack of killer instinct going forward that was a characteristic of Spanish sides pre-2008. That game could easily have ended 8-0 even, with the way they tore the Ukranians apart.

Bojan worries me. He's clearly brilliant, but lacks a forward's killer instinct. In that game, he got into some outstanding positions, but somehow could not bring himself to kill off the move. I think he needs to play more frequently, in a more physically demanding league. He has the potential and intelligence. Maybe Italy might make him sharper.

Bojan is low on confidence. He needs games and goals. . . strikers feed on goals. I'll suggest we sell him to Roma with a buyback clause.

Meanwhile, I just read on Goal.com that Mou is planning to roll out a 4-3-3 to accomodate Sahin. Playing 2 defensive midfielders, Khedira on the right, Alonso as the pivot, and Sahin on the left. He will supposedly deploy CR, Benzema, and Oezil up front.

Talk about learning from Barca. I think that formation will be interesting to see. What do you guys think?
Hmm. . . Interesting. I thought Khedira would be the fall guy if they were gonna accomodate Sahin.
IMO, he's Madrid's weak link.
I don't know but it seems they are gonna be moving Ozil to the flanks and that might just be the problem - width. I don't know how Ozil'd fare playing on the flanks. He'll have to run at defenders and he seems a bit slow. He'd have to do a lot of back tracking to help out the full-backs and it doesn't look like he's got the energy for that. Let's just wait and see.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:24pm On Jun 22, 2011
Bojan set to join Roma. . .
Bojan will join Roma on loan with an option for Roma to buy him for €10m and an option for Barca to buy him back for €15m.
Dunno how long the loan is for.
With Roma likely to sell Vucinic, I'm sure he'll get enough game time and under Enrique's guidance, he just might get his groove back.
Wishing him the very best. . . I'd have preferred he stayed in La Liga though.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 12:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
medjai:

Bojan set to join Roma. . .
Bojan will join Roma on loan with an option for Roma to buy him for €10m and an option for Barca to buy him back for €15m.
Dunno how long the loan is for.
With Roma likely to sell Vucinic, I'm sure he'll get enough game time and under Enrique's guidance, he just might get his groove back.
Wishing him the very best. . . I'd have preferred he stayed in La Liga though.

Nice bargain that favours him and the club. The move would help build his game confidence and afford him sufficient playing time to explore his talents. His goal scoring decimal is too poor for a striker speakless of one in this current Barca team.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2011
Mcleo007:

Nice bargain that favours him and the club. The move would help build his game confidence and afford him sufficient playing time to explore his talents. His goal scoring decimal is too poor for a striker speakless of one in this current Barca team.
The deal itself is a little strange. It's usually a loan + option of purchase or an outright sale + option of buy back but this deal combines everything. It's like our transfer guys have smartened up. They hardly sell any youngster without inserting a buy black clause.
As for our Sanchez deal. . . It's like Jeffren wants to ruins it. He doesn't want to move to Udinese.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2011
Hola cules,

medjai:

The deal itself is a little strange. It's usually a loan + option of purchase or an outright sale + option of buy back but this deal combines everything. It's like our transfer guys have smartened up. They hardly sell any youngster without inserting a buy black clause.
As for our Sanchez deal. . . It's like Jeffren wants to ruins it. He doesn't want to move to Udinese.

Well . . . I guessed right. Jeffren is the makeweight in the Sanchez deal. But he doesn't want to move to Udinese.
Personally I think both Bojan and Jeffren need those moves to save their careers. They need to move to a physically more demanding environment, and better Italy than England, cos the Calcio is more technical, more grounded coaches, better training programs, though less money.

Bojan needs to get his confidence back, and Jeffren needs to grow physically stronger. He's always picking up knocks easily, and cannot withstand the rigors of of playing in a top team for now, I am sorry to say. These guys are talented players, I think they should rise to the challenge, rather than trying to cling to Barca.

Further on transfers: Did you guys hear about this shock bid for David Luiz? He's a very good player, in explosive form right now, but very undisciplined, and I doubt Chelsea will sell him. Any player in England is overpriced anyway, if not over-rated. But I like the bid. We need a central defender that is solid and disciplined, and can adapt to the passing game.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 22, 2011
If I were Jefferen, i will take the makeweight thing. At least, he is guarranted a regular starting spot unlike in Barca where he is rarely used as a substitute even. Added to this, is the fact that Udinese will play in the champions league next season. What more will a player of his ilk want?

Though the deal is reported to have stalled since Jefferen rejected to be a makeweight, and Udinese is being attracted by city's €40m offer ,we are still the overwhleming favourite to sign him, since that is where he wants to play. I like the boy alot. I can't wait to see him join us.

David Luiz hugely reminds of our veteran captain, Puyol. When he runs to defend or swings his head to intercept or to score, there  is a little difference. But i do not want to flatter myself. He isn't coming! Chelsea won't even give it a thought! Not now they have an ambitious coach.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 8:33pm On Jun 22, 2011
Johnpaul88:

David Luiz hugely reminds of our veteran captain, Puyol. When he runs to defend or swings his head to intercept or to score, there  is a little difference. But i do not want to flatter myself. He isn't coming! Chelsea won't even give it a thought! Not now they have an ambitious coach.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cos of the hair abi? Yeah, he is in fine form, and very good on and off the ball. A bit worried he might not be able to play the passing + high line game. Chygrynskiy was a good player but because of these problems, he failed at Barca.

Anyway, Chelsea would be more than insane if they sell him. He's just about their best talent in the back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Mcleo007(m): 9:26pm On Jun 22, 2011
Having Luis would be a dream move. Wish that could be a possibility. By that then, we can be sure of winning all competitions we compete in for the next 3 seasons. tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Stealthy(m): 8:58am On Jun 24, 2011
Guys, I've been offline for a while, working on a couple of important reports. Now I'm back (at least for now).

I've gone thro a number of the posts above,

AJ, how far with the penye thingy? I'm also based in Nigeria so can join. I think it's a good idea to get this rolling.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by usbcable(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2011
Stealthy:

Guys, I've been offline for a while, working on a couple of important reports. Now I'm back (at least for now).

AJ, how far with the penye thingy? I'm also based in Nigeria so can join. I think it's a good idea to get this rolling.

after how many weeks?
too late bro tongue
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 9:55am On Jun 24, 2011
Stealthy:

Been a while man, welcome back.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 12:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
usbcable:

after how many weeks?
too late bro tongue

see you. Abi you wan join? grin

Stealthy, welcome back jare. Unfortunately I am out of town for a couple of weeks, but will be back soon.
When I return, we should try to get together and see how we can reach out to Barca fans across Naija. I have some ideas, and I'll start working on them during my vacation. Will keep you guys posted though.

Meanwhile, wrt Alexis Sanchez. I hear he is now up for sale at 50m Euros. Time to bow out, if you ask me. Who da heck is the guy sef?
I need an agent definitely grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by medjai(m): 12:45pm On Jun 24, 2011
I suggest we pull the plugs on the Sanchez deal.
Sanchez is a very talented player but is quite unproven. . . Even the 38m we're rumoured to have tabled is way too much but I'd swallow that since the transfer market is soiled and Sanchez will be a great addition to our squad but 50m? wtf? Anything over 40m is madness.
At this rate, I really don't mind if he goes to City.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by honeric01(m): 1:52pm On Jun 24, 2011
AjanleKoko:

Meanwhile, wrt Alexis Sanchez. I hear he is now up for sale at 50m Euros. Time to bow out, if you ask me. Who da heck is the guy sef?
I need an agent definitely grin

Even Fabregas we no buy for 50M, na Sanchez wan come dey do shakara? WAKA to him, he needs us more than we need him if he wants to win any meaningful laurel in his life.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by AjanleKoko: 3:21pm On Jun 24, 2011
This whole transfer business sef. Let's just promote the Barca B boys.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (6194) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: korexes(f)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.