Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,702 members, 7,862,202 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (951) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" (4671970 Views)

Barcelona Fan Beheads Real Madrid-Supporting Friend / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / FC Barcelona Fan Thread: "Més Que Un Club" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (6233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 1:36am On Aug 29, 2015
BarcaBlood:
The FC Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu
revealed that in Monaco there was a “great Barça
atmosphere”. The tribute to the Club for its five
Champions League wins with the presence of Andoni
Zubizarreta, Juliano Belletti, Carles Puyol, Éric
Abidal and Andrés Iniesta , the awards of UEFA
Best Player in Europe and Best Goal of the
Champions League for Leo Messi and the award for
Save of the Season for Ter Stegen meant there was a
blaugrana tinge to proceedings at the draw.
“I am very happy. UEFA have paid tribute to Barça
and its fans, something we have been working and
fighting towards for a long time. It’s ten years now
that we have been at the forefront of European
Football and to receive recognition for that is very
satisfying,” declared Bartomeu.
The Barça president also gave his thoughts on the
draw that saw Barça placed in Group E alongside
Bayer Leverkusen, AS Roma and BATE Borisov: “It’s
fine, it is an interesting group for Barça fans.”
Nevertheless, he added that “nothing is easy” and
that “it will be hard work” to get through to the knock
out stages of the Champions League.
UEFA paid tribute on Thursday to FC Barcelona’s five
victories in the Champions League. During the gala
for the draw for the group stage of this season’s
competition in which Leo Messi was also awarded
the prize for Best Player of the Year, there was
recognition for the Club as they now have earned the
UEFA ‘Badge of Honour’, awarded to teams who have
won the competition on five separate occasions or
three consecutive occasions.

There was a Barça representative for each of the
trophies won: Juliano Belletti, Carles Puyol, Éric
Abidal and Andrés Iniesta, the latter taking the stage
with the famous trophy following on from the
blaugranes’ most recent win in 2015. The other four
representatives played a part in the draw for the
group phase of the 2015/16 competition.

Of the five win in the Champions League, a total of
four have been won in the last decade. Since 2006,
FC Barcelona have been the dominant force in
European Football. Aside from those four victories in
the continent’s most important club competition, a
total of three European Super Cups and two World
Club Cups have to be added. In total, nine trophies in
ten years, their nearest rival Sevilla have won five in
that time.

In their recent UEFA Super Cup victory in Tbilisi over
Sevilla, FC Barcelona wore a logo on their left sleeve
in honour of their five Champions League successes.
SIMPLY AMAZING!!!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 3:47am On Aug 29, 2015
mcdreeezy:
SIMPLY AMAZING!!!

Amazing it is. We're making more history this season by defending d champions league
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2015
How I wish we can win this year UCL, it will just be perfect! This year UCL is between Barca and Bayern Munich shaa!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 7:44am On Aug 29, 2015
I miss doing this gringrin

[size=50] MATCH DAY !!!! [/size]

Barcelona vs Malaga

Venue - Camp Nou

Time - 7:30pm

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 7:44am On Aug 29, 2015
homesteady:
How I wish we can win this year UCL, it will just be perfect! This year UCL is between Barca and Bayern Munich shaa!
You know we cant just isolate Madrid. They too would be competing on all fronts.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2015
dmcdad:

You know we cant just isolate Madrid. They too would be competing on all fronts.

That's true shaa, they still have very good players, it's still a shock how they ended trophyless last season!

But which serious team plays a draw against a newly promoted team? gringrin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 8:18am On Aug 29, 2015
homesteady:

That's true shaa, they still have very good players, it's still a shock how they ended trophyless last season!

But which serious team plays a draw against a newly promoted team? gringrin
cheesycheesycheesy

E dey happen bro. We did same in Pep's first season against a lowly Numancia. In fact, it wasn't a draw, but we lost two nil. So shiit happens. Of course I hope theirs is different, you know...cheesy
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 8:28am On Aug 29, 2015
dmcdad:

cheesycheesycheesy

E dey happen bro. We did same in Pep's first season against a lowly Numancia. In fact, it wasn't a draw, but we lost two nil. So shiit happens. Of course I hope theirs is different, you know...cheesy

Lmaoooooooooooo!
But our squad wasn't a multi-million squad and a Rookie coach was just employed!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Debroslink: 10:11am On Aug 29, 2015
homesteady:
I miss doing this gringrin

[size=50] MATCH DAY !!!! [/size]

Barcelona vs Malaga

Venue - Camp Nou

Time - 7:30pm

I pray for the full points, and hope what happened last season (earlier this year) on this fixture doesn't repeat itself. BTW, is Neymar gonna play tonight?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by marqueetim(m): 11:39am On Aug 29, 2015
You no dey forget things o. But it was a 1 - 0 lose. It was the second season first game we lost 2-0 to Hercules. Remember that Messi dribble on Drenthe to show him who is the boss? grin
dmcdad:

cheesycheesycheesy

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2015
hala barca
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 11:56am On Aug 29, 2015
With 12 goals and 5 assists, Messi has been directly involved in 17 goals in 15 games against Malaga #fcblive
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
Official: Busquets, who got a knock on his ankle last week, has been given the medical green light and is available for the game today.
Official: Neymar, who has been suffering from the mumps, has been given the medical green light and is available for the game today #fcblive
Official: 18 players called up for today's game against Malaga, B player Gumbau included, Masip not included #fcblive
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
[1/2] Squad (vs Malaga): Bravo, Ter
Stegen, Sergi Roberto, Bartra,
Mascherano, Vermaelen, Mathieu, Alba,
Busquets, Gumbau #fcblive

[2/2] Squad (vs Malaga): Rakitic,
Iniesta, Rafinha, Munir, Messi, Suarez,
Sandro, Neymar #fcblive

1 Like

Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
The game will be played on a new pitch today as the grass at the Camp Nou has been changed after the Super Cup leg. #fcblive
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by Upnepaa(m): 12:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
source: m.twitter. com
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2015
BarcaBlood:

Amazing it is. We're making more history this season by defending d champions league
Will be difficult but not impossible.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
Meanwhile my likely line-up for today's match:

Bravo; Sergi Roberto Mascherano Vermaelen Jordi Alba; Rakitic Busquets Iniesta; Messi Suarez Neymar (4-3-3)
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 1:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
mcdreeezy:
Will be difficult but not impossible.

Sure. I believe in this team

Btw what's your prediction 4 todays game?
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 1:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
mcdreeezy:
Meanwhile my likely line-up for today's match:

Bravo; Sergi Roberto Mascherano Vermaelen Jordi Alba; Rakitic Busquets Iniesta; Messi Suarez Neymar (4-3-3)

Nice line up. Roberto had a good game at right back in the last match
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
marqueetim:
You no dey forget things o. But it was a 1 - 0 lose. It was the second season first game we lost 2-0 to Hercules. Remember that Messi dribble on Drenthe to show him who is the boss? grin
True. Your head dey there jare.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
homesteady:

Lmaoooooooooooo!
But our squad wasn't a multi-million squad and a Rookie coach was just employed!
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na me e go sweet pass if Madrid dey falter. But, I no just wan write them off for anything. If you must name the top 3 clubs, them must follow. So I dey give them that respect. That one no mean say make I no dey wish them bad sha.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 4:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
BarcaBlood:

Sure. I believe in this team

Btw what's your prediction 4 todays game?
Since everyone's not yet at a hundred percent yet, I think it would be close……say 1-0 or 2-1.
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
BarcaBlood:

Nice line up. Roberto had a good game at right back in the last match
I just pray He gives another wonderful performance today!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by homesteady(m): 4:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
dmcdad:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na me e go sweet pass if Madrid dey falter. But, I no just wan write them off for anything. If you must name the top 3 clubs, them must follow. So I dey give them that respect. That one no mean say make I no dey wish them bad sha.

True shaa! They'll always remain a threat!
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 4:19pm On Aug 29, 2015
homesteady:

I just pray He gives another wonderful performance today!

Pray so too
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by BarcaBlood: 4:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
mcdreeezy:
Since everyone's not yet at a hundred percent yet, I think it would be close……say 1-0 or 2-1.

Hmmm ok nice. As long as we win sha, and given that we lost this fixture last year, i'll take it
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by dmcdad: 5:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
homesteady:

True shaa! They'll always remain a threat!
Exactly.

Wetin dey happen? Chelsea lose ontop Bridge (Crystal Palace dey always disturb them sha.) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy As if that one no dey enough, West Ham flog Liverpool 3-0 for Anfield. Hmmm
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 5:04pm On Aug 29, 2015
moneysoldier2:
Chelsea lost now you will see comments like

1) Didn't I tell u guys we need greizmann we can't rely on hazard alone

2) Ivanovic is a weak link bla bla bla

3) F+ck ramires mikel and emmanalo

4) I don't care about our loss or draw all I know is hazard should score so ill keep comparing him to neymar and cr7

5) The match no affect me after all its pre season oh wait....

6) Didn't I tell u guys we need a cb) lb another striker infact new refree lol

7) We lost because our mildfield is not linking with forward

All chelsea/shepke Fans don turn to great pundits hahahhh

Add yours grin grin grin

Fabregas can't pass, shoot or defend... grin grin

Hazard can't score 30 goals... grin grin

Ivanovic goes offensive too much... grin grin

*Modified*

Costa is a dead meat without quality pass... grin grin

Mourinho should convert back to "Pack the bus style", we are fine like that... grin grin

What is Ramirez still doing in Chlesea... grin grin

Oscar is way better than Ballack but he didn't play... shocked lipsrsealed grin

Falcao should be sent back to Monaco or loaned to Man Utd... grin - 'Yet he scored' lipsrsealed

Chelsea fans I hail oh... wink grin

Pedro scores a goal, created an assist last week and added another assist today... cheesy --- Barca impacting great football everywhere... cool
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 5:29pm On Aug 29, 2015
Mourinho's 100 home games celebration dashed... grin grin
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by coded01: 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2015
omojoshy:
Hmmmmm....the rate @ which Chelsea is going down on the EPL Table, I'm afraid they might soon discover Crude Oil shocked shocked shocked

[size=18pt]Wicked... grin grin grin [/size]
Re: Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club" by mcdreeezy: 6:46pm On Aug 29, 2015
Barca XI: Bravo; Roberto Mascherano Vermaelen Alba; Rakitic Busquets Iniesta; Messi Suarez Neymar (4-3-3)

Just like I predicted. Let's do this Cules!

(1) (2) (3) ... (948) (949) (950) (951) (952) (953) (954) ... (6233) (Reply)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.