Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,075 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist (27713 Views)

Suspected Yahoo Boy Reveals Real Face To Client He Duped $600 (video) / Hackers Steal $600m In Major Cryptocurrency Heist / $600 Million Found By Farmer, Gives It To Police. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 11, 2021
inoki247:
With the way the world is going shey some set of people no go finish d money meant for everyone...

Mak he no b say las las everybody will need to go bak to Piggybank cos person savings laik diz no sure....
... Gbammm ! Elon Musk na the Baba of the Crypto game grin grin
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 11, 2021
membranus:

What concerns FBI with cryptocurrency when it is not a legitimate government money?

You invest in it, you get scammed, you bear the loss.

The FBI only investigated Hushpuppi and Co. because it involved companies through Business Email Compromise (BEC).
It's not a legitimate money yet you pay taxes on them? Yet the government is issuing cryptocurrency versions of money? You can deny all you want that won't change the fact that Blockchain technology has come to stay.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 11, 2021
chatinent:
I giggled when Paul said Bitcoins was very safe and cannot be hacked. There's actually nothing made by man that cannot be hacked.

Your ignorance is bliss

Blockchain cannot be hacked
Try and read
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 11, 2021
Hamachi:
The following is what you look out for before you invest in any coin

The market cap
Circulating supply
Use case of the coin
Those behind the coin project

Can I send you a mail

1 Like

Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Came4amod: 9:58am On Aug 11, 2021
Plomo:
Inside life.

Now that someone has “stolen” $600m in coins, it’s only wise the keep the money safe and lay low for a couple of months.

Now $600m out of circulation only means inflation will drop and prices of select crypto will rise.

Moneeeeeeyyyyy!!!

The FBI will freeze those coins .. and blacklist all transactions from the wallet which can lead to capture of the perpetrators
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Plomo: 10:16am On Aug 11, 2021
Came4amod:

The FBI will freeze those coins .. and blacklist all transactions from the wallet which can lead to capture of the perpetrators

The hacker never intended to cash the money.

If he did, from the time of the hack to when it was discovered and an alarm raised, millions could have disappeared.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Newboss(m): 10:23am On Aug 11, 2021
RZArecta:
You forgot to add that the thieves were caught within two hours cool

PS, juxtapose this with the fact that northern bandits kidnapper businessmen have ransoms paid directly into their bank accounts and make calls with their mobile phones yet the gallant police can't trace them for arrest grin

Caught? Where?
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by bhadboi0802(m): 10:34am On Aug 11, 2021
Facebook account for sale if interested contact 08137110139
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Samjay83: 10:52am On Aug 11, 2021
How can u be so stupid that you allow Hackers write code to exploit your website or software security weakness.
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by jaxxy(m): 11:02am On Aug 11, 2021
general111:
in all honesty, nothing is absolutely secure and threat free.

Yes bt this is unregulated, uninsured and insecure. Just at this mess.
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by general111(m): 11:11am On Aug 11, 2021
jaxxy:

Yes bt this is unregulated, uninsured and insecure. Just at this mess.
true
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Gaddafih001(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2021
philo04:
If you are interested in a heist dm pls
Check your Dm
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Came4amod: 1:12pm On Aug 11, 2021
Plomo:

The hacker never intended to cash the money.

If he did, from the time of the hack to when it was discovered and an alarm raised, millions could have disappeared.

It was discovered instantly ..
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Nobody: 2:44pm On Aug 11, 2021
iwaeda:

Awon ti Husppupi, awo Abba!

Anything you don't understand is evil.

That is low mentality.
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by iLegendd(m): 2:50pm On Aug 11, 2021
Poiu11:
It is a scam. Nobody is accepting crytocurreny
You're missing and I like it. Trust me, your wise family members are on the train already. One day, you too shall join - it's just a matter of years. There are things you just have to accept at a stage in your life just the same way you accepted the current president even though you may not like him just like me.

1 Like

Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:16pm On Aug 11, 2021
chatinent:
I giggled when Paul said Bitcoins was very safe and cannot be hacked. There's actually nothing made by man that cannot be hacked.
It's a slept on fact that anything made by man can also be bypass by man, it may be long but a day will surely come.
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:41pm On Aug 11, 2021
Plomo:

Some of the famously unsolved hacks till today: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expressvpn.com/blog/6-of-the-biggest-crypto-heists-of-all-time/amp/

I've had the premonition too even after having my own share of gains and losses in the crypto space.

Na litecoin I dey hodl na
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by BenIk10: 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2021
iwaeda:

Awon ti Husppupi, awo Abba!

Una don start abi �
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Reinventerd: 7:11pm On Aug 11, 2021
Jesus
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Cabardin: 8:41pm On Aug 12, 2021
I didn't even know you could steal cryptocurrency like that... Maybe that's why bitcoin is called the most secure? I thought that cryptocurrency gives a lot of opportunities and absolute security to blockchain technology. Still, it turns out that it can be hacked too. This is not very reassuring. I don't own any other crypto besides bitcoin and was confident in it. I even use it for Gemfinder earnings. I'll look for more articles on this topic. But on the other hand, incidents like this help developers to improve the technology and clearly identify weaknesses, unfortunately at such an expensive cost. Hopefully, this will force them to improve their product significantly.
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by cosmos2000(m): 4:01am On Aug 13, 2021
philo04:
just trust me
Ohhkay, so how do you want to start the process??
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by philo04(m): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2021
cosmos2000:
Ohhkay, so how do you want to start the process??
poetdavid39@gmail.com
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by philo04(m): 7:20am On Aug 13, 2021
Gaddafih001:

Check your Dm
poetdavid39@gmail.com
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by IprintMONEY: 9:28am On Aug 15, 2021
lprintMONEY:
2 nairalanders were involved in the hacking and even stole close to 10 million dollars from my bitcoins wallet.
Their monikers bobowaja and lkillbrokehoes with an accomplice called fountainofyouth the notorious nairaland scammer.
I'll post their pictures here so everyone on this forum can see them and take note of them
lalasticlala myndd44 seun this idiot is cloning my account to probably scam people
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by IprintMONEY: 9:32am On Aug 15, 2021
lprintMONEY:

Who the heck is EbenezerTriumph? So anyone you have issues with is now EbenezerTriumph?
You're shady bitcoins business has been exposed and you're one of those hackers that stole 609 million dollars in the crypto heist of which I've been a victim and all the amount I had in my wallet has been hacked..
You'll surely pay for this?
lalasticlala myndd44 seun this idiot is cloning my account to probably scam people
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Hamachi(f): 11:35am On Aug 23, 2021
Re: Hackers Steal $600 Million In Cryptocurrency Heist by Richhacks: 1:48pm On Sep 08, 2023
When you engage the services of Money Transfer Experts at Phantomhacker.su, you open the door to boundless financial resources and seamless money transfer solutions to facilitate the realization of your fiscal aspirations. Our cadre of proficient hackers is wholeheartedly committed to delivering the utmost in service excellence and assisting you in attaining your financial dreams. We encourage you to reach out to us today for further insight into our offerings and how we can be of assistance

VISIT OUR WEBSITE https://phantomhacker.su/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Confesses To Setting Fire On A House Which Killed Couple & Their Daughter / Vigilante Beaten To Death After He Accidentally Killed Outgoing Delta Chairman / 18-Year-Old Girl Kidnaps Boy In Adamawa, Attempts To Sell Him To Ritualists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.