Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,988 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Programming Nightmares - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Programming Nightmares (270 Views)

Poor Academic Performance And Nightmares! / FUTO And Their Transcript Processing Nightmares / Enjoy Nightmares!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Programming Nightmares by eventainment(m): 7:19am On Aug 11, 2021
PROGRAMMING GONE WRONG oops
1.Have you ever wondered that there are so many self-claimed programmers everywhere?
2.Are you lost in the learning loop and still not confident in your skills?
3.Do you want to learn to code, but you aren't quite sure where to start?
4.Are you in the one-man mission of learning without guidance?
5.Do people call you a programmer but genuinely you know you are not good enough to even do a portfolio project?
Are you frustrated understanding programming? Like it seems extremely difficult for you to comprehend?

Well, let me bore you with some solutions before that ill start with a little story. A company approached me sometime this year 2021 for an e-commerce app and website and they needed a backend developer because the app was initially developed by an Indian firm but was having many failed points and bugs, and the firm needed to integrate some features into the app. Me being just a frontend dev with little experience in backend as at that time had to look for some backend developers for the project. Got some professionals in quote numbers but upon seeing just the code they started giving excuses of having another job to being occupied one had to sleep off during the zoom meeting with the software company during a zoom meeting session; it then hit me hard that many developers just got title but their hands aren't really dirty in the job. While some do use WordPress, joomla, wix and others for their projects. And this doesn't make them developers but advanced graphics designers in my opinion, though.

Let's talk about the challenges I initially highlighted.
1. There are so many self claimed programmers cause tech is what's on board it will look weird if someone doesn't belong to the league. And if some people upon just learning HTML and CSS they just start feeling they are developers already. There is more to that anyways we got Javascript, python, Ruby, PHP and all that makes web dev complete.
2. Many persons have seen quite some tutorials but are not confident in their skills. It's not something that's uncommon its normal to feel that way... My friend will always say the best time to perfect your skills is learning on the job.. Trust me is runner... I did just one project on backend using django and I learnt more when I got a job and I used django for it. I always believe that just a tutorial project is enough for me to get a job in the stack.

(1) (Reply)

Police Rescue Kidnapped KWASU 300L Student, Arrest 6 Suspects In Kwara (Pics) / UNIPORT Post Utme Registration / P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.