Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

A Stroke Survivor Needs Your Help Urgently - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Stroke Survivor Needs Your Help Urgently (347 Views)

Coronavirus Survivor, Ayodeji Osowobi Shares Her Story / Coronavirus Survivor Says Chloroquine Saved His Life / How To Recognize A Stroke And What To Do To Prevent It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Stroke Survivor Needs Your Help Urgently by Jegiosowor(f): 8:17am On Aug 11, 2021
Hey guys
My elder sister suffered a stroke in 2013 at the age of 20, yes 20. It was really a tough time for us which till now we haven't recovered financially.
After about a year undergoing physiotherapy, she was able to gain mobility but her left arm is bent and her left leg is weak and still, she isn't able to move well.

After about 7 years they are still trying to raise money for her to undergo another physio stuff.

Please guys what are the chances of her being normal again? Even if only the hand turns back straight or are we about to waste money again on her?

It hasn't been really easy for her as a young person especially when she sees her mates getting married.

Doctors in the house I need you advice please. The physio has been scheduled to take place next month and she's been assured that they'll be improvements.
Re: A Stroke Survivor Needs Your Help Urgently by Mayor21(m): 8:21am On Aug 11, 2021
Almost the same story for my cousin.
She's always depressed, most times I pity her when I see her limping, hers happened in 2010 just at the age of 21 and her right arm and leg are still not normal till today.
I wish they'd be a remedy even if it's just to improve the use of her left arm
Re: A Stroke Survivor Needs Your Help Urgently by GeeMeshin1(m): 8:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Jegiosowor:
My elder sister suffered a stroke in 2013... she was able to gain mobility but her left arm is bent and her left leg is weak and still, she isn't able to move well...Even if only the hand turns back straight or are we about to waste money again on her?

I am so sorry about your sister especially the challenge she is faced with from that tender age, be encouraged and never give up.

A physical examination by a Physiotherapist will highlight the challenges your sister has and determine achievable goals ( be it short or long term). The left arm you said is bent could be because she is spastic or stiffness (and possibly contracture) due to many years of no physiotherapy.

In summary, you have to bear in mind that what she needs is physiotherapy management (which may last months or years) not a one-time treatment she may undergo for few weeks

1 Like

Re: A Stroke Survivor Needs Your Help Urgently by rottenPussy: 9:46am On Aug 11, 2021
Stroke at these early ages (20,21). I also just learned that babies can have cancer.

This life is complex lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

. / Looking For Shilajit Supplement Online In India / How We Were Vaccinated In The 1960s And 1970s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.