Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures (49630 Views)

Ogun: Classrooms In Agbado Comprehensive High School Collapse After Heavy Rain / See The Situation Of A School Classrooms In Imo State (photos) / TOTAL Commissions Newly Reconstructed Blocks Of Classrooms In Ibafon Community (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by kayuseful: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2021
FreeIgbos:
Yorubas are funny people, they like mocking others but if you expose them they will call their ethnocentric mod to delete it. I created this informative them but he rushed and deleted it.

Igbos and Yorubas are unarguably two of Nigeria's most globally recognized ethnic groups. They've excelled in many areas of human endeavors and locally, they tend to have divergent opinion in their worldviews which has been variously misinterpreted. However, this thread will lay bare the structural differences which many either do not know, sugar coat or outrightly deny for sundry reasons.

1. Igbos are natural democrats with a liberal worldview while Yorubas are heirachial and abhor democratic tendencies: This is one of the reasons why the two groups often clash rhetorically and accuse each other for being hateful and antagonistic. Yorubas have a culture stymied in "bambiala" reverence to fellow man while Igbos on the other hand believe that all men were born equal and one can become whatever they want if they work hard. This is at the core of what makes a character like Tinubu to thrive and assume a god status among Yorubas. But similar characters in Igboland will be derided. People like Rochas and Orji Uzor Kalu would have succeeded just like Tinubu if they were Yorubas in assuming a god status and similarly Tinubu wouldn't have succeeded in pocketing Lagos since 1999 if Lagos was an Igbo state. Igbos would have sent him packing after his statutory 8 years as governor!

Before Tinubu, we also had other Yorubas who were elevated to god status such as Awolowo and Abiola. During their lifetime, these same people were literally worshipped by Yorubas and it's not neccesarily because they sacrificed or did wonders for their people rather it was the bambiala culture that caused it. Igbos also had great leaders that sacrificed or did exceptionally well for them such as Michael Okpara, Ojukwu and Sam Mbakwe but they were only respected and never worshipped. Even when Ojukwu returned from exile to contest for elective positions in governance, he wasn't voted for out of principle! Sam Mbakwe, Ojukwu and Michael Okpara all retired to live out their old ages in peace but if they were in the West, just like Awolowo did, the bambiala culture will not only enable him to primitively accumulate wealth but will also make it easy for him to continue to call the shots till they die.

Igbos don't hate Tinubu as Yorubas wrongly believe rather they hate what he represents! Igbos have attacked Rochas and Orji Uzor Kalu more than they have attacked Tinubu. It amounts to idiotic reasoning to want Igbos not to criticize Tinubu when they form a significant percentage of the population in Lagos and pays tax yet same Tinubu is kneeling on the necks of everyone in Lagos by institutionalizing corruption in that state.

2. Igbos have a more principled worldview while Yorubas are fairweather in nature:
Igbos are ready to swim and sink with whoever they align with but Yorubas will jump ship the moment they see you're sinking and I will give you examples. Ojukwu, GEJ, Nnamdi Kanu will suffice here. During the war, Igbos stood with Ojukwu even when they were blockaded and were being starved or bombed to death! Igbos stood with GEJ even when he came under scathing criticisms till the day he stepped down! Igbos have massively supported Nnamdi Kanu through thick and thin! The Igbos are reliable allies who stand by their word but Yorubas will change course when things get out of hand, and that's what they term "sophistication". Awolowo was quoted as saying, if Igbos should leave Nigeria, Yorubas will leave too. Earlier, same Awolowo called Nigeria a mere geographical expression. In essence, he never believed in the country. However, when Ojukwu took the initiative and presented an opportunity for Awolowo to have his dream Oduduwa republic, he chickened out and decided to stay neutral and watch which side will have the upper hand so he can team up with them. If Biafra had an upper hand, Awolowo would have teamed up with Ojukwu!

3. Igbos Hate Injustice/Oppression And They Always Voice Out But Yorubas Will Rather Suffer In Silence Just To Be Politically Correct:
when you oppress Igbos, either as an Igbo man or outsider, they will wail, complain, vilify, criticize and do whatever they can to show their displeasure. In essence, they don't suffer fools gladly. Igbos don't hate Fulanis more than Yorubas or others in Nigeria but while others are willing to be closet haters just to avoid antagonising them, Igbos don't mind saying it with a microphone. Igbos never hated or verbally attacked Umaru Musa Yaradua (a core Fulani man) when he was president simply because they believed he was a good man. Now that's a food for thought!

4. Igbos Don't Mind Washing Their Dirty Linens In Public If That Would Bring Change But Yorubas Will Rather Allow Keep Mum To Avoid Embarrassment: When the Orji's allowed Aba to rot, with bad roads and filth everywhere. Igbos didn't try to hide it to avoid embarrassment instead they began a campaign of exposing the rot in Aba. In Facebook, nairaland, Twitter etc, we were assaulted with disgusting pictures of terrible looking roads which others didn't waste to start mocking us with. However, the onslaught against the state government started paying dividends now go to those roads now, particularly Ngwa/School road, P.H road, Eziukwu etc that used to be an eyesore and you won't believe how neat they are now. The governor must had sleepless nights with all those attacks he faced! Now, let's draw a parallel again. Aba is to Abia State what Sango/Ota is to Ogun State. Today, Sango/Ota has some of the worst roads you can think of in Nigeria, if not the world but Yorubas will rather keep calm, suffer silently and even attack anyone that tries to expose the rot in that town. Even within the almighty Lagos too, there are lots of terrible roads and disgusting environment but anyone trying to expose it will come under attack by Yorubas who either don't want to be embarrassed or because they feel no one should question their leader.

Should Nigeria divide today, I can bet you that Oduduwa will have sit tight rulers that will make the likes of Paul Biya and Mugabe green envy while Igbos will practice a very vibrant democracy with no room for sit tight rulers.
.great write-up, but I bet your opponent here should rather be Northerners, as they fit your description far better than the Yorubas. The Yorubas have both qualities in igbo and in Hausa in moderate measures, while igbos and hausas are extreme in most qualities.

BTW I just wonder why you people keep pushing the southern division agenda when you ought to seek more of unity so you can easily achieve your aim. You will find it hard to see north west put up articles of how they are different from North central. You guys seriously need to learn diplomacy. Everything no be gragra

3 Likes

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by hibeebeeking: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2021
Where is woke? Come and denial it.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by bizzibodi(m): 1:48pm On Aug 12, 2021
Sirjamo:
And Wike is donating 50m to Sokoto for political reasons
#500m
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by bizzibodi(m): 1:49pm On Aug 12, 2021
Emergingnation:
Fulani stunts! This is abandoned class room...

Why should a classroom or school be abandoned.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by fof1: 2:06pm On Aug 12, 2021
Biodun556:
If the same pressure we mount federal government is applied to state governors, Nigeria will be better.

I think Something is Obviously Wrong with biodun556... U are Painting an Untrue Scenario,Pls

1 Like

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by unmask: 2:07pm On Aug 12, 2021
You guys in this generation are simply amazing.

First thing everyone is doing is to say....even if it is bad, yours is worse.

Please how will you see a school like that, and the first thing that comes to your mind is who reported it.

We need to change our mindset and see that what is bad is bad.

It is like an Igbo man pointing to a yoruba man that your car is dropping engine oil. And the yoruba man says " get out. your fellow Igbo man's car is dripping oil, go and correct him"

The news the way I see it is to call on the governor to investigate the story. Because no student should learn in that condition, not to talk of in a state like Rivers.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by emmadothings(m): 2:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
Biodun556:
https://www.facebook.com/1296222730434431/posts/4463707613685911/?app=fbl
grin grin grin
If the same pressure we mount on federal government is applied to state governors, Nigeria will be better.
Even though things are bad in Nigeria ��, I can't believe the this is in Africa not talk of Nigeria.... If u tell me it was taken 30 years ago fine
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by BigBashiru: 2:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
BKayy:

I know my dear. Forget that my "Afonja" term, its just a way to spark these people to see the truth.
Black people don't learn through reasoning but insults

BBC specializes in creating the worst stories of Africa with the goal of creating inferiority complex in Africans - and their strategy seems to be succeeding. there are so many bad schools in EU e.g. romania, poland, uk - why are they not covering those?

Also what is their business with Yoruba? BBC is not a private company its government owned. these colonists no dey tire in their strategies. and the gullible africans are falling for it...

1 Like

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Zaya: 2:25pm On Aug 12, 2021
No be Flintstones movie be dis
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by deji17: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
Meanwhile, Emperor Wike was busy sharing millions of Naira with Burna, and other druggie cum olosho.
Pathetic situation. These people have no brain.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Psalmistproject: 2:42pm On Aug 12, 2021
Saao:
Best thing to do, is to tell us the name of the school, the local government so as to rightly inform the government to fix it. Maybe the governor isn't isn't aware as he can't be everywhere. Thank you

The name the address and the teachers of these schools were all captioned this morning on Nig info fm. You can go to their website and serve your self.

Wike is derailing, if he doesn't recall his current priorities, he may face severe consequences politically.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Psalmistproject: 2:44pm On Aug 12, 2021
Best thing to do, is to tell us the name of the school, the local government so as to rightly inform the government to fix it. Maybe the governor isn't isn't aware as he can't be everywhere. Thank you [/quote]

The name the address and the teachers of these schools were all captioned this morning on Nig info fm. You can go to their website and serve your self.

Wike is derailing, if he doesn't recall his current priorities, he may face severe consequences politically.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Uchasa(m): 2:45pm On Aug 12, 2021
Biodun556:
grin grin grin
If the same pressure we mount on federal government is applied to state governors, Nigeria will be better.

What concerns BBC Yoruba with Rivers State? The earlier you Yorubas mind your business, the better! Very foolish set of myopic fools.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by aod1(m): 2:58pm On Aug 12, 2021
What part of Rivers state is this school located? I served in that state and I still hold the government in high esteem in the area of Education infrastructure. The school where I served, their furniture's were changed even before the existing ones had any wear. Their laboratories were fully equipped with every necessary apparatus. The only problem was the dedication of the teachers.

2 Likes

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Swallowurspit(m): 3:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
kayuseful:

.great write-up, but I bet your opponent here should rather be Northerners, as they fit your description far better than the Yorubas. The Yorubas have both qualities in igbo and in Hausa in moderate measures, while igbos and hausas are extreme in most qualities.

BTW I just wonder why you people keep pushing the southern division agenda when you ought to seek more of unity so you can easily achieve your aim. You will find it hard to see north west put up articles of how they are different from North central. You guys seriously need to learn diplomacy. Everything no be gragra

My guy I tire o, person just sit down dey write long hateful epistle about an entire ethnic group. I dey always reason before say na Northerners dey write these articles (to divide south) but I’ve realised it ain’t so.

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by proeast(m): 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
kayuseful:

Well in as much as I agree with you on Southern unity, but I seriously doubt it will ever work due to ideological differences, some of which he aptly pointed out.

Again, just like he pointed out, Yorubas are not reliable allies, they are fairweather in nature and would abandon you at the first sign of trouble.

His post is all over the place which means he or she must have struck a nerve.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Menance: 3:23pm On Aug 12, 2021
FreeStuffsNG:

It was shared by a PH based journalist, Nkem

That is photo credit or who initially posted it before it was stolen. Still wonder what concerns yoloba with a school in far Rivers are they not meant to talk about things related to yoruba in yoruba language?. Check well now this school may be inside osun
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by delpee(f): 3:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
Finding this difficult to believe..... undecided
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Gfskw: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Elshaddai
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by siant: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
BKayy:

Leave them. Those guys and busy body na 5&6.
I think it's just a way to make themselves feel like others are in the same mess as them.
If you follow their media and statistics, you will be deceived. For example in development, go to SW states apart from Lagos and you'll be shocked by what you'll see. Apart from extreme core North, where they still use camels and donkeys, no other region has dilapidated structures and extreme poor dirty people like them.
You must be very pained
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by middlebelter(m): 5:06pm On Aug 12, 2021
Biodun556:
If the same pressure we mount federal government is applied to state governors, Nigeria will be better.

I can't agree less with you. Go to states like Kogi state you see a similar site. This type of journalism shouldn't be left for the mainstream media and bloggers alone. I think every Nigerian with an Android phone should be involved.
Waiting for Go. Wike's response aka Mr project
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Tharyor1984(m): 5:30pm On Aug 12, 2021
This is normal classroom in all Nigeria states apart from the major cities
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by igwegeorgiano(m): 5:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
Ex governor amaechi did so much to give
Education a face lift in rivers state during his reign as the governor only for this wicked wike to come and destroy the legacy his former boss and predecessor left behind. When he is supposed to start from where amaechi stopped he chose to abandon them. Building fly overs every where in state is not a legacy the real legacy is in education.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Jonathan39: 5:53pm On Aug 12, 2021
If I face you, grin grin you go run commot for Niaraland.
SimplyFacts:
Tell me this is not true angry

The truth is that the sane amongst you don't support BIAFRA because they know it would be a land of slavery. And you are very quick in making enemies, so many nations would obviously keep themselves distant from you people.

Regardless of insecurity in Naija, 99.9% of Yorubas (our so-called agitators inclusive) would still pick Northerners over you. Apart from violent nature, we believe you can do anything for money. Don't be deceived; know this & know peace.
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by 2000yearsago: 5:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
This information remains invalid if the source can not provide us with the exact location of this school in River State.
What I can still confirm by what I am seen in rivers is laudable projects which only very few states can equate

2 Likes

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
Kinematics:
Op we need the Name of the school and LGA. Also where are the students/pupils?

Afonjaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grin grin grin
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 12, 2021
there is nothing state in Nigeria that doesn't have a public school in similar condition
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by focus2727(m): 8:03pm On Aug 12, 2021
[quote author=Saao post=104702165]Best thing to do, is to tell us the name of the school, the local government so as to rightly inform the government to fix it. Maybe the governor isn't isn't aware as he can't be everywhere. Thank you [/the school is located in Etche LGA quote]
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by GuyfawkesAB(m): 9:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Stonehenge Classroom grin grin grin grin
Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by DaRuud(m): 10:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
Hypocrisy will not allow the Southerners to defend this

Biodun556:
grin grin grin

Re: Classrooms In Rivers State Schools - BBC Yoruba Shares Shocking Pictures by christistruth01: 12:01am On Aug 13, 2021
Biodun556:

Gov Wike was donating big money in Sokoto last month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Student Enters In A Tunnel Because Of Rain / 7 Of The Most Expensive Private Universities In Nigeria Established By Churches / 9 Lies You Were (probably) Taught In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.