Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… (1150 Views)

Wike Announces Temporary Lifting Of Lockdown For Residents To Restock Foodstuffs / Extend Lockdown For Another Two Weeks, PDP Reps Tell Buhari / Kano Relaxes Lockdown For Ramadan Shopping, Despite Increase Of COVID-19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by SamuelOamen: 1:18pm On Aug 12, 2021
The Federal Government has said total lockdown will be the last resort in its strategy to contain spread of Delta variant of COVID-19.

It cited the extreme effects of lockdowns on the economy and everyday life.

Minister of Health Dr Osagie Ehanire, during the weekly ministerial briefing by the Presidential Communication Team in Abuja, also assured Nigerians the new variant of the virus does not pose the sort of threat that might warrant a lockdown of any form.

According to him, countries have become circumspect with imposing total lockdowns as it was seen at the onset of the outbreak.

He added that administrators would rather employ precision lockdowns on specific areas of the country under threat.

He also revealed apart from the vaccines sourced free of charge, Nigeria has paid for about 30 million doses of Johnson&Johnson doses.

According to him, since the prices of the one-shot vaccine have dropped, the country hopes to purchase about 40 million doses of the vaccines in all.

Ehanire said the 176,000 doses of the Johnson&Johnson doses have already been received while the rest will come in batches.

He assured that the majority of vaccines used in the country will be bought by government rather than depending on those gifted to it by other countries.

Details shortly…

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-fg-to-consider-lockdown-for-delta-variant-if/

Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by Korrection(m): 1:21pm On Aug 12, 2021
What’s the vaccine doing in the body of those that took it then? Bomboclaaaat.

2 Likes

Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by Kingjay007: 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2021
Finally other variants. Not just AZ.
Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by pedrilo: 1:54pm On Aug 12, 2021
Fools buying vaccines from rich countries.
Cant u see it's all a scam to sell vaccines hahahah
Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by MadeInTokyo: 2:15pm On Aug 12, 2021
No problem, if lockdown is the last resort....they should go ahead.

I used to doubt covid, but I have seen people I personally know who this Delta Variant Covid has killed and those who are currently infected.
Guys please stay safe...covid is real

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by Grace001: 2:34pm On Aug 12, 2021
Minister of Health Dr Osagie Ehanire assured Nigerians the new variant of the virus does not pose the sort of threat that might warrant a lockdown of any form.

Don’t deceive yourself Nigeria can’t afford to lockdown again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by YoungBlackRico(m): 2:52pm On Aug 12, 2021
MadeInTokyo:

I used to doubt covid, but I have seen people I personally know who this Delta Variant Covid has killed and those who are currently infected.
Which states of the federation is this variant currently prevalent?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by STEWpid(f): 3:39pm On Aug 12, 2021
There will be war!!!

Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by ShitHead(m): 4:08pm On Aug 12, 2021
See what Delta people have caused now.
Re: JUST IN: FG To Consider Lockdown For Delta Variant If… by Finnese001: 4:32pm On Aug 12, 2021
MadeInTokyo:

Paid agents everywhere on Nairaland

Delta variant ko beyelsa variant ni

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Former Governor Ihedioha's Deputy (photos) / How Akume Sold Benue People – Ortom / I Used To Hear About Jews Being Rich And Powerful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.