Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

Tuchel's Plan For Kepa Arrizabalaga - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tuchel's Plan For Kepa Arrizabalaga (219 Views)

Chelsea Has Made Offer For Ter Stegen As Replacement For Kepa / Kepa Arrizabalaga Set To Become The Most Expensive Goalkeeper Ever / Chelsea Set To Pay €80m For Kepa Arrizabalaga To Replace Thibaut Courtois (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tuchel's Plan For Kepa Arrizabalaga by ampiah58: 3:17pm On Aug 12, 2021
Tuchel substituted Mendy late in extra time to be replaced by Kepa before spot-kicks; Thomas Tuchel said he had the plan in place since his first cup match in February against Barnsley.

Mendy had to be subbed off just a minute to go in extra time against Villarreal though the scoreline was 1-1 before Kepa saved two penalties to the penalty shootout 6-5 for the Blues.

Tuchel, after the game said that the decision was made before Chelsea's FA Cup tie with Barnsley in February, Tuchel's first cup Match as Chelsea Manager.

"It's not spontaneous", an interview with Tuchel BT Sport. "We talked to the goalkeepers when we came in and played our first game against Barnsley.

" So we had some stats, we were well prepared, that Kepa was the best rescue team from the penalty spot.

"The analysts and the goalkeeper coach showed me, presented the data to me, and then we talked to the players, that it could happen when we were playing in the game. KO, and since then they know.

" It's amazing how Eddy accepted it. It's amazing to see how this conference goes before the cup game at Barnsley. They have known since then.

"Of course we had to do what was right for the team. It was necessary. I'm glad it worked.

"There is proof that Kepa is better at it. These guys are the real players on the team. I am happy for Kepa and happy for Eddy, having a keeper like this doesn't show pride. I wanted to leave the pitch and was happy to do it for the squad, take one for the squad. It was great. "

Kepa told BT Sport after the game:" It's not a typical situation. we ended up with us, won and we are very happy. I think the whole team did a great job and we won the medal.

"It's not a normal situation. But I'm ready because I know it can happen. I try to be mentally and physically ready."

Mendy added: "Of course I'm happy we won. We're working for that, for the success, and I've known since last year that if Kepa comes on he'll help. team, he did it today, and I'm really happy with Kepa.

"It's teamwork, it's a team effort. When you play for Chelsea, you play for success, for trophies. We did it together and we're happy."
read more : https://www.eampsports.com/2021/08/tuchels-plan-for-kepa.html

(1) (Reply)

Barcelona Offers Messi's Vacant No.10 shirt to Phillipe Coutinho / 2 Odds�� / Ligue 1: Messi Is Close To Making His Debut, But PSG Is Preoccupied With Mbappe'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.