Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship (601 Views)

Economic Hardship: Borno State Governor Declares One-Day Fasting And Prayer / Tribunal Sacks Kabir Yusuf As Kano Governor, Declares APC's Gawuna Winner / Former Bauchi Governors To Refund One Trillion Naira To Bauchi Gov't Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship by Upritman(m): 6:12am On Aug 13, 2021
A former governor of Bauchi State, Mallam Isa Yuguda, has joined other top political gladiators from the north to declare interest to contest for the national chairmanship of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC.

Yuguda, a one-time Minister of State for Transport disclosed this to newsmen on Thursday in Abuja.

He said his decision to contest the number one job in the ruling party was premised on the fact that he understands power dynamism at the center has served as minister for six years and governor for eight years.

Yuguda, who received executive members of Coalition of APC support groups who paid him a courtesy visit in his Abuja office, said he was not coming to warm the Chair as national chairman but to proffer quality solutions to resolve the lingering crisis and division in the party.

The party chieftain assured that if he emerges as the national chairman of the party, he would ensure that justice and equity were entrenched in the party and would guarantee party supremacy, which he assured would help put an end to the various crisis rocking the party.

“I felt I was strongly favored by the Almighty God who created us. I felt very strongly that  rather than relegating myself to the bush where I am now to get a living to come back and offer myself because I know I have been favored.”

Yuguda who had also served as a former minister of aviation, described Nigerian politics as  ‘terrible’, noted that he was however very circumspect to return to the murky waters of Nigerian politics but decided to offer himself because he has been highly favored by God.

He added,  “I was privileged to serve in Nigeria for six years as Minister and eight as governor. I think I have served long enough in the Villa to know the dynamism in the power at the center. I’m the dullest person, at least I still have to offer something that will be meaningful. This is why I said let me give it a shot if it be, fine and good and if it doesn’t the Almighty Allah will not say you did not come out.”

Speaking on behalf of the Coalition, Chairman Board of Trustees (BoT) of the Coalition, Mr. Tunde Imolehin, mooted that there was a need for the party to build a foundation that would make it sustainable. Imolehin who was a member of the APC national membership registration) revalidation committee for the Southwest maintained that Yuguda fall in the category of party leaders who can direct the affairs of the party, someone whom everybody would listen to any time he speaks due to his rich background and experience.

“I believe we are here to begin a journey we will never regret, a journey that will be sustainable. A journey that will answer all the intrigues and all the challenges, all the misunderstandings and all the misconceptions that have happened since 2015,” Imolehin added.

Politics Hub Nigeria reports that apart from Isa Yuguda, other politicians of northern extraction who had indicated an interest in the top job included former governor of Nasarawa State, Senator Umaru Tanko Al-makura, two former governors of Borno State Kashim Shettima and Ali Modu Sheriff; a former governor of Gombe, Danjuma Goje; former governor of Zamfara, Abdulaziz Yari; a former member of the House of Representatives from Bauchi, Ibrahim Baba; and a former chairman of the Action Congress of Nigeria in Abuja, Sunny Moniedafe from Adamawa State.

The APC which is having pockets of crises nationwide is yet to hold its national convention where a national chairman is expected to emerge from.

Source: https://www.politicshubng.com/former-bauchi-state-governor-declares-interest-for-apc-national-chairmanship/

Re: Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship by Monogamy: 6:15am On Aug 13, 2021
Apc chairmanship position should go to north.

Then the language would be clearer
Re: Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship by Lawlab249: 6:21am On Aug 13, 2021
ok
Re: Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship by Xscape1993(m): 7:05am On Aug 13, 2021
Evil party
Re: Former Bauchi State Governor Declares Interest For APC National Chairmanship by Grace001: 7:06am On Aug 13, 2021
Everything now revolve around the north. That’s how too said Dokpesi only a northerner can win presidency for pdp in 2023.

Take it or leave northerners own this country. Some people on this forum will be foaming in the mouth to deny it

(1) (Reply)

Again, S-east Grounded, Despite Cancellation Of IPOB Sit-at-home / Am Reading Nigerian Pre Colonial Yoruba History This Is What I Can Say. / IPOB Warns Nigerian Police Over Killing Of Ebonyi Youths Labelled Biafra Militia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.