Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market (12639 Views)

Ladipo Market Is On Fire: Pictures & Video / Traders In Ladipo Market, Lagos, Abandon Their Shops And Run As Gun Men Attack / Fire Guts Ladipo Market, Lagos (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Liposure: 10:08am On Aug 13, 2021
Lagos State Government, through the state Waste Management Authority, LAWMA, has reopened the popular Ladipo auto spare parts market in Mushin area of the state.

Recall that the market was shut last month after several warnings and notices for sundry environmental infractions, including improper waste disposal and several unhygienic practices.

The market was subsequently reopened for business by LAWMA, after substantial compliance with rules and regulations, to sustain clean and hygienic environment in the market.

The Managing Director of LAWMA, Mr. Ibrahim Odumboni, through, Head of Public Affairs, Hakeem Akinleye, who disclosed this, said that the market was reopened having met the demands set for the resumption of business activities there.

He revealed that the leadership of the market has signed an undertaken not to breach any environmental laws or any market and there be any violation of the state’s environmental laws, the extant laws of the state will be brought to bear on them.

Odumboni stated that the Authority would not condone any form of indiscriminate waste dumping and other environmental infractions, especially at market facilities across the state, adding that such acts had attendant negative consequences on the environment and residents.

He said further that LAWMA would continue to monitor the situation at Ladipo market and other marketplaces, to ensure full compliance with the environmental laws of state, warning that the Authority would not hesitate to shut errant shopping
centers found to pose dangers to the environment.

Odumboni, therefore, appealed to residents to imbibe the attitude of keeping the environment clean at all times, by bagging their wastes and patronising assigned PSP operators, adding that LAWMA was totally committed to making Lagos cleaner and livable for all.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/just-in-lagos-reopens-ladipo-market/

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Lifeisgoody: 10:31am On Aug 13, 2021
All hands must be on deck to achieve a cleaner Lagos

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Adlac(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2021
The act of Cleanness can never be over emphasize.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Monogamy: 10:38am On Aug 13, 2021
Good
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Kunfu(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by GeneralPula: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Jah bless Lagos city

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by ERockson: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Majority of the sellers in that market are known for dirtiness. Go look at their major markets in the SE. Lagos State government should force them to always do the needful when it comes to sanitation because it's not in their nature

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by moscobabs(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2021
Did they lock it before ? I bought Car parts At Ladipo last week and yesterday.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by wandeay: 10:40am On Aug 13, 2021
Lagosians and Nigerians deserve better, that place is too dirty, further measures are needed than just shutting it down

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by hakym619(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2021
grin
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by money121(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by elmessiahs(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2021
Life begins again
Elmessiahs
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by slawormiir: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Good

Lifeisgoody:
All hands must be on deck to achieve a cleaner Lagos
Whether all hands are on dick abi deck.

Still lagos can never be clean...lagos is one overated slum

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by kennykruzmason: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
Hmmmm
Indeed a great news for the good, bad and the ugly
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Jac007(m): 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
Anyone who is not ready to be sane when it comes to disposing waste should be made to feel the heat. Later you guys will start shouting Lagos is dirty as if the state produced the waste and not the people(most of which are immigrants) angry sad

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Ablesam171: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
Ok
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by solaugo1: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2021
GOOD.....

Government Practice Tests – The Electoral Process - https://assure.ng/government-practice-tests-the-electoral-process/

Instructions
1. You are to attempt 10 randomly generated objective questions.
2. You can attempt as many times as possible....there are over 200 questions out of which 10 questions will be supplied to you randomly on each attempt.
3. Performance report and solutions to attempted questions will be displayed on screen immediately after submission

Visit https://assure.ng/government-practice-tests-the-electoral-process/ and participate for FREE!

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by McOluOmo: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2021
moscobabs:
grin ladipo plenty for Lagos na grin
Anyway them dey sell car spare parts for Lagos na Ladipo(extension) be that

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by thaoriginator: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2021

Me bloodclaaat!

Dem bwoy dem a batty!

Whole a dem..

Run di block an run up pon dem like di holocaust!
Me no trust dem people
Me transform inna evil
Me no fi wear mask fi see thru
inna broad day light me buss di eagle

crycrycry
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by ignis: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2021
Was it closed before ?

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by flokii: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2021
Lagos no be Abia..

If you want to do business, do so neatly and quietly. Gradually, sanity will be restored in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by aikyg(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
I am happy that the Igbo traders and the Lagos authority were able to resolve the minor infraction. Lagos is like a second home to Igbos. I feel at home whenever I am in Lagos or whenever I visit Ogun state. Ogun state's climate is completely similar to the climate in my village in Enugu. I also love the food, especially Ofada rice.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by sommy03(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
Hmm...
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by Seniorwriter(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
Nice to know

Safety measures against hazards should be in place.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by mbahdi(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
Z
Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by sommy03(m): 10:44am On Aug 13, 2021
I pass there everyday, the market was never shut

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by princemillla(m): 10:47am On Aug 13, 2021
Which Ladipo ??
Ladipo that operate everyday, it’s funny sha

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by MUMUBBQGRILLS: 10:48am On Aug 13, 2021
The government should try to upgrade the market nah

1 Like

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by princemillla(m): 10:48am On Aug 13, 2021
moscobabs:

They lock the online section of Ladipo cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Reopens Ladipo Market by odomanis: 10:49am On Aug 13, 2021
ERockson:
Majority of the sellers in that market are known for dirtiness. Go look at their major markets in the SE. Lagos State government should force them to always do the needful when it comes to sanitation because it's not in their nature

As expected,Child of hate has gone tribalistic. We saw pictures of markets shut down during IPOB sit at home on August 9 in the East,there were no hips of dirts in any of them.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Opens Discount Window To Boost Liquidity / How Can An Online Business Attain Success? / Making More Money Using Awele Soap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.