Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? (1237 Views)

“i’m Not In POS Business” – Man Who Became A Viral NYSC Meme Speaks / Want To Get Your First Post-nysc Job? Lets Make A CV For You !! / Struggles After NYSC ... (Welcome To The Real World) - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by Fashrobbin(m): 5:11pm On Aug 13, 2021
POST NYSC ANXIETY

We are constantly told “Life is in phases” but as we go through life, it becomes evident that those phases come with its challenges.
After struggling for years in the higher institution, you can finally say “I made it” but only to realize those words were not sufficient for the next phase of life. Then you receive the call to serve your country, the clarion call. You are finally posted to a state, either of choice or not, but you have been added to the number of youths serving their country.

After spending 12 months going to your PPA, attending CDS and ensuring you don’t miss your clearance day, you realize you are finally done with NYSC. At first, the joy adrenaline flows through your vein. Then you paint your social media pages with your pictures and your gratitude post for the journey so far. I am sure you will see your friends also on this table. No judgment, it marks the beginning of a new phase in your life. Like we have been told, “Celebrate your small wins”

Gradually, reality begins to set in. The realization that you won’t be receiving N33,000 begins to take effect. If you are lucky enough to be retained at your PPA, you don’t have to worry about post NYSC anxiety. If you received a congratulatory mail in your inbox, then my friend you have dodged the bullet.
If months after NYSC, you are yet to secure a job or a source of income, you will likely experience post NYSC anxiety. The worst part of it is that you will begin to wonder if the universe was against you. Your mates are already getting jobs and for some, the wedding bell is already ringing. Some are already travelling abroad for their masters. All you see is how you have added to the unemployment rate in the country.

The rejection mails from organizations you applied to begin to take space in your inbox. Questions from families and relatives doesn’t make the situation easy. Instead, it is a constant reminder of your present reality. During this period, some will have to settle for jobs they have once tagged as “underemployment”.

I remember a conversation between two friends. The one who just passed out of NYSC few months ago said, “I am relieved to be finally free but I am lost about the future. I have to figure this career thing and I can’t even figure out my bearing in life”.
Life after NYSC is a ball of anxiety, especially when things are not going as planned. You are forced into the web of depression and the “So, what next?” question you have dreaded becomes your question of solace.

Post NYSC anxiety is real, it is the stage after NYSC that is filled with lots of challenges and the real life scenario. Chances are that you will experience it except you take deliberate steps to be prepared for post NYSC. The quote “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a step” pioneers the importance of taking deliberate actions to be prepared for post NYSC.

You have to sit with yourself and ask the necessary questions: What do I want from life? What do I want to achieve? After answering these questions, you begin to note the necessary steps you need to take for your desire to become your reality. If you don’t know the answer to these questions or what to do next, it is fine. You can consider attending the Employability Conference for National Corp Members that is organized to equip and empower you with the knowledge, information and skill you need to be prepared for the next phase of life, post NYSC.
The conference is free and the speakers are arrayed to answer the question “What next after NYSC”, be it entrepreneurship or career.

Link to register: https://employablegraduate.org/employability-conference/

Re: Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2021
I swear I don't know what to expect come April next year �

1 Like

Re: Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by VTJN(m): 7:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
DrizzyJeri:
I swear I don't know what to expect come April next year �
we are in the same shoe bro. I'm freaking tired of everything man
Re: Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 14, 2021
VTJN:
we are in the same shoe bro. I'm freaking tired of everything man
you go dey alright bro
Re: Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by adefitim(m): 7:14am On Aug 15, 2021
This is what has been bothering my mind for some times now, I will POP October this year that's in two months time.

The reality is setting in already.
God help me

Re: Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by Qasimak1: 6:53pm On Aug 15, 2021
A female corper urgently need a room to rent around Iperu Remo, Ogun State. Kindly DM me if you have one
Re: Post NYSC Anxiety - Whats Next After NYSC, POS Business? by Richfare(m): 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2022
Hi, I am Scholars Information Desk.

My singular obligation is to get you informed with as many scholarship opportunities as possible Worldwide.

Not only that, I am also willing to help you through the application process with tips, suggestions and valuable insights.

Join my scholars' community via the link below to get started.

Kindly join my community ������

https:///message/43WUGU7CJCFZI1

(1) (Reply)

Where To Search For Job Before Nysc As A Computer Science Graduate From A Univer / NYSC Mobilization Time Table For 2015 Batch A / 'memoir Of A 'corper' Lawyer (moved to the literature section)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.