Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... (43400 Views)

Folu Adeboye And Faith Oyedepo Pictured Together / Bishop Oyedepo's Sons And Son-in-law Rock Agbada To Faith Oyedepo 60th Birthday / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Tobechuckwu(m): 6:14am On Aug 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Again, I don't care about his resume or what you think to me as what matters to me is what Jesus Christ teaches and commands. undecided

I only ask u a simple question

Are you a born again Christian?
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Monman56: 6:15am On Aug 14, 2021
What she meant is in response to feminist equality in marriage. She simply said a woman should know the man is the head,
she said shouldn't question his position not shouldn't question him.
Can you say you have never questioned your father or mother's decision at one time.
The fact someone is a leader doesn't mean you can't question them. That's the unique quality of a leader not a dictator. Even Jesus can be questioned and as an excellent leader he would always respond in love, even bride following Jesus can have their opinion and follow through with it but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus is still their head, you can ask Apostle Paul
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain you read what the woman said at all? undecided
If a woman is in subjection to her husband in everything how does she question him when he is the author of everything for her? undecided
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Guardiola84: 6:15am On Aug 14, 2021
bunto:
So husband is now God?

Mteew!!!!
These people will answer for what they keep doing to the black race someday.
I see a woman who is living in bondage herself and wants to make sure she is not alone.

D husband is d lord of d wife
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Guardiola84: 6:19am On Aug 14, 2021
silibaba:
billionaire in tithe wife grin

Did they force u with guns to pay tithe huh?d tithe you're paying is for your own good they never forced u pls,OK don't pay again go n eat your tithe n stop disturbing our peace habaa
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Kobojunkie: 6:23am On Aug 14, 2021
Guardiola84:

D husband is d lord of d wife
And Jesus Christ declared that He alone is Lord over all those who belong to Him warning His followers against installing themselves as Lord's over the others. undecided

So can a husband who is Lord over his wife be of Jesus Christ?
Can a wife whose Lord is her husband be of Jesus Christ? undecided
Can that which is against Jesus Christ be of Jesus Christ? undecided
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Kobojunkie: 6:28am On Aug 14, 2021
Monman56:
What she meant is in response to feminist equality in marriage. She simply said a woman should know the man is the head,
she said shouldn't question his position not shouldn't question him.
Can you say you have never questioned your father or mother's decision at one time.
The fact someone is a leader doesn't mean you can't question them. That's the unique quality of a leader not a dictator. Even Jesus can be questioned and as an excellent leader he would always respond in love, even bride following Jesus can have their opinion and follow through with it but it doesn't change the fact that Jesus is still their head, you can ask Apostle Paul
You do not submit to those you hate. undecided
25 Many people were traveling with Jesus. He said to them, 26. If you come to me but will not leave your family, you cannot be my follower. You must love me more than your father, mother, wife, children, brothers, and sisters—even more than your own life! 27 Whoever will not carry the cross that is given to them when they follow me cannot be my follower. - Luke 14 vs 25 - 27
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by hupernikao: 6:31am On Aug 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Some women who God has used to greater effect as Smith Wigglesworth's wife actually questioned their husband when he had strayed from the faith and began to demand things of her that were not of God.

She told him that he was her husband but that Jesus was her Lord!

That was the saving grace of the husband as he was hence restored back to the faith, and would never play with his wife afterwards. That's probably why we hardly have women of such such spiritual calibre these days, because they have made their husbands to take the place of God as the Lord and Master of their lives, hence God cannot use them for much because He cannot share His position with any man.

Moreover, the wife of Abraham questioned her husband concerning Hagar and her son Ishmael, that it was said to have grieved Abraham much, but God told him to hearken to his wife's voice.

Genesis 21:12 (KJV)

And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

So you can actually see that even though it's what men love to hear, this saying of a woman not questioning her husband and being demonic is not of God but of men.

God bless

Bro, context is key. You need to read her position again.

Observe the key word: QUESTION THE HUSBAND POSITION IN THE FAMILY not about the faith.
Your explanation accused her of what she never wrote or meant.

Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by jefe03(m): 6:50am On Aug 14, 2021
fredoooooo:

Agbako iku gbona loma se ..lo ko sile leni

Iku esin lo ma pa Iwo ati gbogbo idile re, eshe osofo keyin aye yin ni
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by BRATISLAVA: 6:53am On Aug 14, 2021
AmazonTopaz:

And who told you feminist are setting women against their husbands,the woman has every right to complain if she is no longer comfortable with the back seat arrangement there is always a room for improvement and modification where necessary.

We all know that in some Christian marriages some men are mere figure heads on paper. wink cheesy anyway e nor concern me. if I was a Christian woman I would never get married grin

When threatened by feminism, Nigerian men love to express their ignorance through @bolded sentiment.

They are scared to lose their power to subjugate women, just as whites were scared and angry that black men wanted to be equal to them.

Therefore they define feminism emotionally, with so much illogic. Yet they enjoy the feminism of women wearing trousers and going to work to bring them money. They enjoy the feminism of women paying tithes.

Why is it that when it's time to talk about marriages, it's only the women they have so much to say about? Is it that men have no part to play in marriage except bringing money, which feminists are now doing better than them? Women this, women that. What about men? What do men have to do except expecting women at their beck and call?

Instead chapter upon sermon about women. Silly religious people. All man-made doctrine. That's why it's so one-sided. They can never preach about men, and when they do they usually have nothing to say. After all, the pastor cannot condemn himself.

One of the reasons pastors are fake. They can't preach the whole truth without trying to benefit themselves.

Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by milliondollas(m): 7:00am On Aug 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:
Some women who God has used to greater effect as Smith Wigglesworth's wife actually questioned their husband when he had strayed from the faith and began to demand things of her that were not of God.

That was the saving grace of the husband as he was hence restored back to the faith, and would never play with his wife afterwards. That's probably why we hardly have women of such such spiritual calibre these days, because they have made their husbands to take the place of God as the Lord and Master of their lives, hence God cannot use them for much because He cannot share His position with any man.

Moreover, the wife of Abraham questioned her husband concerning Hagar and her son Ishmael, that it was said to have grieved Abraham much, but God told him to hearken to his wife's voice.

And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called.

So you can actually see that even though it's what men love to hear, this saying of a woman not questioning her husband and being demonic is not of God but of men.

God bless

THE MUMU WHO WROTE THIS FORGET TO ADD SOME THING, ABRAHAM ASK HIS WIFE TO GO SLEEP WITH THE KING TO SAVE HIS LIFE SARAH WENT

Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by BRATISLAVA: 7:03am On Aug 14, 2021
milliondollas:

THE MUMU WHO WROTE THIS FORGET TO ADD SOME THING, ABRAHAM ASK HIS WIFE TO GO SLEEP WITH THE KING TO SAVE HIS LIFE SARAH WENT

If what you claim is true, what is the wisdom in such a man being in authority? Can you see why a husband must be questioned?

Forget all the sentiment from men, men will be questioned.
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by fredoooooo: 7:08am On Aug 14, 2021
jefe03:

Iku esin lo ma pa Iwo ati gbogbo idile re, eshe osofo keyin aye yin ni
Abawon esu , toooo !!! Iwo to ti fi ori gbe egun tiran tiran ... Oo mo nkan kan ... o daju ju!! .. laye e to wa you will never put your mouth or quote people anyhow again .. ayafi ti aye o ba je aye mo lo ku , ataye ba n je aye téèyàn je eyan... ..Eleribu
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by anneboleyn(f): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2021
A woman's first allegiance is to God and Christ, the overall Heads over all. After that, she can be subject to those in positions of authorities over her, eg her boss at her place of work and then her husband at home. However subjection to her husband or boss is relative. She must put subjection to God and Christ ahead of subjection to anyone else
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by mechanics(m): 7:15am On Aug 14, 2021
That's right.
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Kobojunkie: 7:18am On Aug 14, 2021
anneboleyn:
A woman's first allegiance is to God and Christ, the overall Heads over all. After that, she can be subject to those in positions of authorities over her, eg her boss at her place of work and then her husband at home. However subjection to her husband or boss is relative. She must put subjection to God and Christ ahead of subjection to anyone else
Jesus Christ said He alone is Master/Head over each one who belong to Him - no hierarchies in this relationship. undecided

Anyone who belongs to Jesus Christ can only submit to Him and Him alone. And anyone who belongs to Him cannot be Master over another. undecided
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by TWLifestyle: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2021
WibusJaga:
I stand with the Oyedepos on this one. Any woman that is not ready to submit to a man as head of the home, all in the name of Feminism, should not think of marriage at all.
and if they marry what would you do ? Bring your koboko ? Feminists are getting married eveyday , they are staying single and free to mingle and they are divorcing if necessary - ur not the minister of marriage neither is Mrs oyedepo - she is just an old woman trying to force younger women into suffering like she did - someone who was having a miscarriage and oyedepo instead of taking her to hospital immediately asked her to serve him his food first as per Lord and master- is that what she wants other women to look at as ideal ? She is a Gold medal winner at sufferhead Olympics . God forbid bad thing
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by DIVAD2000: 8:02am On Aug 14, 2021
[quote author=Kobojunkie post=104766067] Did Jesus Christ say , "Submit to an obey my apostles" or did He say, "Submit to and obey my teachings and commandments"? undecided

In John 15 vs 14, did Jesus Christ say those who are His friends are those who obey His apostles? Or did Jesus Christ say, " Those who are my friends are those who do what I tell them to do"?

That's why I said, read the Bible with understanding again. "Knowledge indeed puffs up". Your claim is that only Jesus part of the scripture is right, other parts are wrong. I understand the fact that you are just using the "scriptures" to satisfy your own lust, and justify feminism. Infact where do you see God,( Jesus himself) support feminism.

And on a lighter note, what's it with you and " undecided" ?
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by TWLifestyle: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2021
Ladiesdoctor:
Women will dodge this thread as if they have not seen it.

Women that want to rub their shoulders with their husband

Women that run shifting with their husband in the kitchen

Women that were born outside wedlock

Women that don't value their father

Women that don't respect African culture

Women that ojuju has already scatter their brain

Women that don't value Godly instructions

Women that value their friends more than their husbands

Women that are terribly worldly

Women that are lazy
ur just yarning rubbish with your overloaded ego . Imagine wanting to use " superiority " to cheat women and be so confident about . It's not your fault sha - human beings are wired to step on any mumu s head - it's women that have accepted this bullshit for so long I blame. But thank God for the younger women of this generation . Vomit this nonsense you just put up there to a young girl and see of your ears will not be full . Oro runrun
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by TWLifestyle: 8:11am On Aug 14, 2021
judedwriter:
Unfortunately in this contemporary age, most women see themselves shoulder to shoulder with their husbands especially if they earn more than him.

Marriage these days has fallen under a lot of error, so much error and deviated from biblical standards.

a woman should be shoulder to shoulder with her husband whether she earns less , equal or more than him . Ur not above women . A husband is also not more human than his wife .
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by TWLifestyle: 8:13am On Aug 14, 2021
cavenjaycob:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esTedJdSeXk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDDZ0tQX9OU
the sake bible that said women should submit said Madame oyedepo should be silent . She is a hypocrite .
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by bisiswag(f): 8:19am On Aug 14, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

When threatened by feminism, Nigerian men love to express their ignorance through @bolded sentiment.

They are scared to lose their power to subjugate women, just as whites were scared and angry that black men wanted to be equal to them.

Therefore they define feminism emotionally, with so much illogic. Yet they enjoy the feminism of women wearing trousers and going to work to bring them money. They enjoy the feminism of women paying tithes.

Why is it that when it's time to talk about marriages, it's only the women they have so much to say about? Is it that men have no part to play in marriage except bringing money, which feminists are now doing better than them? Women this, women that. What about men? What do men have to do except expecting women at their beck and call?

Instead chapter upon sermon about women. Silly religious people. All man-made doctrine. That's why it's so one-sided. They can never preach about men, and when they do they usually have nothing to say. After all, the pastor cannot condemn himself.

One of the reasons pastors are fake. They can't preach the whole truth without trying to benefit themselves.
Couldn't have agreed more.
The other day it was Pastor Mildred. There is so much focus on the women negatively whereas in most marriages,the men mess up so bad and cos the women are now standing up for themselves,they are called feminists n all sorts. Women your husbands should be loved and respected � but he is not your God!
I just don't get and to think its even spearheaded by female pastors makes me wonder how they counsel their sheep.
My fellow Nigerians,a woman standing up for herself especially in marriage is not a feminist. End of story

Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Kobojunkie: 8:19am On Aug 14, 2021
DIVAD2000:

That's why I said, read the Bible with understanding again. "Knowledge indeed puffs up". Your claim is that only Jesus part of the scripture is right, other parts are wrong. I understand the fact that you are just using the "scriptures" to satisfy your own lust, and justify feminism. Infact where do you see God,( Jesus himself) support feminism.

And on a lighter note, what's it with you and "

Did Jesus Christ say , "Submit to an obey my apostles" or did He say, "Submit to and obey my teachings and commandments"? lipsrsealed

In John 15 vs 14, did Jesus Christ say those who are His friends are those who obey His apostles? Or did Jesus Christ say, " Those who are my friends are those who do what I tell them to do"? undecided
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by almayda: 8:21am On Aug 14, 2021
It's not about being important or not,nobody is relegating the importance of a woman in the house,it is about couples knowing their place,when the wife begins to act like she is the husband,even you know,peace will elude them.
Kobojunkie:
A woman does not need to be a man for the importance of her very existence to be equal to that of a man. God made them male and female for His purpose, and no others. undecided

I am guessing you are an intelligent being so have you ever wondered or ever ask yourself why it is only in marriage that men are able to exercise this assumed superiority to women? undecided
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by sowilli: 8:22am On Aug 14, 2021
jesusjnr2020:

God bless
questioning a man's position is different from questioning his mistakes. You guys should understand before commenting. Everyone one makes mistakes.
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by BRATISLAVA: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2021
bisiswag:

Couldn't have agreed more.
The other day it was Pastor Mildred. There is so much focus on the women negatively whereas in most marriages,the men mess up so bad and cos the women are now standing up for themselves,they are called feminists n all sorts. Women your husbands should be loved and respected � but he is not your God!
I just don't get and to think its even spearheaded by female pastors makes me wonder how they counsel their sheep.
My fellow Nigerians,a woman standing up for herself especially in marriage is not a feminist. End of story
You've said it. A woman standing up for herself isn't feminism. But try telling it to these people.

if you investigate these females making such comments, you'll find they are in normalized bondage and believe the marriage rests on them, while the "head" looks on or heaps coals on the fire by acting rashly since he's the "leader".

Most marital problems stem from the man. While the wife is submissive, he has never heard a message that makes him a responsible, true Christian. He is chasing skirts or being in authority by being headstrong and difficult. It's easier to look over and claim submission is the cause of his marital woes. He won't remember how overbearing he has been. Later the man will blame it on feminism.

Nigerian men/pastors are so emotional they don't even know what feminism is. They just feel it must be evil because it will take power from their monopoly.

Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Vulcan24(m): 8:41am On Aug 14, 2021
If you want to be successful in life stay away from woman
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Kobojunkie: 8:42am On Aug 14, 2021
almayda:
It's not about being important or not,nobody is relegating the importance of a woman in the house,it is about couples knowing their place,when the wife begins to act like she is the husband,even you know,peace will elude them.
Try to reprocess the statement , this time slowly undecided

A woman does not need to be a man for the importance of her very existence to be equal to that of a man. God made them male and female for His purpose, and no others. undecided

I am guessing you are an intelligent being so have you ever wondered or ever ask yourself why it is only in marriage that men are able to exercise this assumed superiority to women? undecided
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by SenorFax(m): 8:51am On Aug 14, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Owk, we supported Bishop Oyedepo..
But.
Mama n Papa shouldn't take things too Far now..
In marriage diz days, there should be open communication!!
Not those Dictatorship marriages of the Past...A wife is not a Slave!
sad
The man just need to master how to influence his wife to see reasons with him.. smiley
Imagine your leg walking to wherever it wants without your consent. Head is head, not hand, not yansh. It decides whether comfortable for the other parts or not, but also taking other parts into consideration. The earlier you guys accept that the better, men are not equal with women. God ain't stupid.
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Zoey95: 8:56am On Aug 14, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Even though Jesus Christ made it clear that marriages are not of His Kingdom, but of this world, they continue to install themselves as marriage counselors in the name of God.

Marriage was in place before the curse showed up so equality in marriage is not against God but as God created it to be. undecided

After the curse came in however, woman was cursed, condemned by God to be ruled over by man and perish in the end - cease to exist / return to dust when she dies!

However, through Jesus Christ all who believe in Him, including women, are saved from this condemning curse(all those who live under the curse perish much like Adam), and are made equal members of the Kingdom of God. undecided

Sadly, your Mogs have no knowledge of this and so continue to preach lies as sermons in the name of God. undecided

In your mind now you have spoken wisdom.. guy God curses still work till date ntn changed, if so why is it that women still give birth?? Why is it that every of a man sweat is to the woman Read the apostles book and know what the apostles said about wife and husband.( Eph chp 6)
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by eteba(m): 8:58am On Aug 14, 2021
Dear feminists, I hope uv heard....o
Re: Faith Oyedepo: You're Under Demonic Influence If You Question Your Husband... by Kobojunkie: 9:00am On Aug 14, 2021
Zoey95:

In your mind now you have spoken wisdom.. guy God curses still work till date ntn changed, if so why is it that women still give birth?? Why is it that every of a man sweat is to the woman Read the apostles book and know what the apostles said about wife and husband.( Eph chp 6)
Maybe the reasons it will happens to you is because rather than paying attention what Jesus Christ, the one who offered you redemption said, you instead busy yourselves with that which He did not teach you. undecided

Go back to the Gospels and you will find the answer to the questions you asked me. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Damilola Bamiloye And Emmanuella Mike Wedding Photos / Pastor Adeboye Kissing His Wife, Foluke (Photos) / Why Do Christians Ignore These Rules In The Bible?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90