Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Osun Osogbo Festival 2021 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Osun Osogbo Festival 2021 (337 Views)

Osun-osogbo Grove - UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE / 15 Feet Python Killed At Osogbo By Hunter (photos) / #osundecides2018: Osogbo To Determine Osun Governor As PDP Leads After 29 Local (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun Osogbo Festival 2021 by Bakarehabib02(m): 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2021
Hello Nairalanders I want to let you know about the Osun Osogbo festival which I was live at
Earlier in the morning by 10am there is a virgin lady that’s going to carry the sacrifice calabash called (Arugba) in Yoruba she is going to carry the sacrifice to the sacred groove of Osun river
And also the king will be present at the groove to perform the necessary rite
The king will make a prayer for prosperity of the town , state and the nation
The governor was represented by his commissioner of culture and tourism and the minister of culture was also represented by his aide and the elders of the town was also present at the venue
If anyone that has any connections with the river goddess is present at the shrine they will fell to the ground and will be taken home and perform if they are not hold tightly they will want to go inside the river but they will be hold tightly and will be taken home to perform a sacrifice for them to be well they are a lot of statues at the UNESCO tourism center and by 3pm the king will leave the groove to the palace to receive some visitors and 2hrs after the calabash Carrier will also leave the river and will dance around the palace and she will visit the Ogun shrine at Oja oba (king market) and then back to the palace to drop the calabash and then merriment begins they are a lot of company that sponsors the festival like MTN , Trophy beer, Goldberg beer and a lot of firms they are also a lot of artist performs at the palace and other place in the city

Re: Osun Osogbo Festival 2021 by Bakarehabib02(m): 6:22pm On Aug 13, 2021
I’m sorry this is my first post I don’t know how to post the photos with the articles

Re: Osun Osogbo Festival 2021 by Bakarehabib02(m): 6:30pm On Aug 13, 2021
This is the sacred river where anyone make there wishes and pray for blessings and people also make sacrifice here by throwing currency notes and live hens or live goats inside the river or any other thing for sacrifice

(1) (Reply)

How Kuda Bank Became Nigerians Favourite Bank In 3 Years / Trade Nigeria: World Shoe Expo 2021 / Thinking Of Leaving Your Job For Another One? Avoid These Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.