Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal (16212 Views)

First Bank Vs Dispatch Rider: N355 Million Fraud Scandal (Photo) / TSTV Rocked By Intellectual Property Theft Scandal / Zenith Bank Overtakes First Bank As The Largest Bank In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by falseprophet: 1:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
cheesy
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by WaffenSS(m): 1:45pm On Aug 14, 2021
That's more or less how Facebook began.

Also, Apple copied Xerox.

Microsoft copied apple.

Apple sued Microsoft

Linux copied Microsoft

Microsoft threatened to sue Linux.

Apple copied LG

Google copied Apple

Apple sued Samsung

Samsung sued Apple

Cisco sued Apple

Steve Jobs: "A good artist copies, but a great artist steals"

That quote too was stolen from Picasso

10 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by baralatie(m): 1:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
darocha1:
Usual case of big organisations in Nigeria.

The painful part is how they suddenly begin to ignore your mail & calls
Sterling bank must pay that money o

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by NoFucksToGive: 1:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
dettolgel:

Na your old age abi my own. Why you dey cry for me ni?

Illiteracy is just terrible
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by naijapips02: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Trash. Buy now pay later is a global concept. It is not an Idea when it's been in operation all over the world for years now.

Because you shared your idea with the bank doesn't stop the bank from becoming innovative and designing stuff themselves. There is no case here.

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by airsaylongcome: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
Magma101:
N100M is too small na

Way too small. Be like the lawyer Dey fear
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2021
So bad the way big org steals the ideas of upcoming. Selfishness everywhere. TVIO should drag them, no matter how long it takes

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
Abiodunspectre:
TVIO Solutions files N100m suit against Sterling Bank over ‘intellectual theft’

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/tvio-solutions-files-n100m-suit-against-sterling-bank

did tivo copyright it

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by avrilwisedata: 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
Wawu... Interested in seeing how this pans out.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by drdanny(m): 2:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
So thats where Altmall came from? Wow!

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by AntiWailer: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
No case !!
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by AntiWailer: 2:07pm On Aug 14, 2021
naijapips02:
Trash. Buy now pay later is a global concept. It is not an Idea when it's been in operation all over the world for years now.

Because you shared your idea with the bank doesn't stop the bank from becoming innovative and designing stuff themselves. There is no case here.

No mind them.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by turkeyman: 2:12pm On Aug 14, 2021
It has happened several times to we guys in this field, let's align on this mAtter ,my email is; echosam13@gmail.com
musicwriter:

My brother it's very worrying but not even Nigerian companies. In 2009 I sent an email to Google informing them what to do to improve some products, they implemented everything I told them without even replying my message.

I now have an idea of a company and service that can bury google and WhatsApp but the problem is how to go about it. Sell the idea to someone and they'll run away with it.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by FarahAideed: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2021
Why do NIGERIAn banks do this
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Phraences: 2:15pm On Aug 14, 2021
Abiodunspectre:
TVIO Solutions files N100m suit against Sterling Bank over ‘intellectual theft’

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/tvio-solutions-files-n100m-suit-against-sterling-bank

I am happy this case is company vs company. Sterling Bank can't intimidate them like if it was was an individual. Nigerian banks and deceit. And in all their core values you will always find "Integrity". No true belief in the values they espouse.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Phraences: 2:17pm On Aug 14, 2021
airsaylongcome:

Way too small. Be like the lawyer Dey fear

True. Perhaps that was the amount they wanted to sell it to Sterling Bank. They should have factored in emotional distress and pegged it at N1bn.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Phraences: 2:19pm On Aug 14, 2021
musicwriter:

My brother it's very worrying but not even Nigerian companies. In 2009 I sent an email to Google informing them what to do to improve some products, they implemented everything I told them without even replying my message.

I now have an idea of a company and service that can bury google and WhatsApp but the problem is how to go about it. Sell the idea to someone and they'll run away with it.

So sad. They should have at least thanked you for the feedback. I hope you weren't expecting them to pay you as they didn't contract you to provide a solution.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Phraences: 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
saferoom:
I once submitted a Proposal to a state Government. And months later I saw them implementing my business idea. But unknown to them, I only gave them 10% of the idea. The essential details that will make the project work I didnt give them. I wasnt surprised when the entire venture was a colossal waste of funds and time. It was abandoned.
Pls dont give them the essential trade secrets.

Well done. Never trust anybody.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by ezewealth(m): 2:25pm On Aug 14, 2021
musicwriter:

Go for loan, create your ur own and build am. Or rather sell it to big company
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Wapgod(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
musicwriter:

If the idea is good, i can buy it off you.
+23490213048
Send me a message on whatsapp.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by laiza(m): 2:26pm On Aug 14, 2021
AlmaIganishire:
TVIO should really take this court case very seriously and make sure Sterling bank pays that 100,000,000 for intellectual thef...
Sterling Bank will opt to settle out of court and offer to buy TVIO. If the offer is declined they will part with some money but definitely not 100M. It is a terrible habit of big corporations not just in Nigeria, they either muscle you out openly or they acquire your company which makes the idea their own since you would be working for them.

Sterling Bank goofed, they should have learnt from the many mistakes of Diamond Bank and copy a cue from the playbook of GT Bank.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by BarrElChapo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2021
My firm is handling this wink

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by BarrElChapo(m): 2:30pm On Aug 14, 2021
AlmaIganishire:
TVIO should really take this court case very seriously and make sure Sterling bank pays that 100,000,000 for intellectual thef...

Lol. My firm is repping sterling bank. Don't worry I'll keep you posted.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by laiza(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
dettolgel:
I am sure one Oga at the top went behind open his own company and now sold the TVIO proposal ( since he has all the info) to the bank. Given that the Oga at the top works at the bank, he will facilitate both the payment to his company and implementation by Sterling Bank.

TVIO should also involve CBN to look into the practices of sterling Bank and dealings of the management.

TVIO should contact EFCC as well to investigate all the directors and senior management of sterling Bank.
This does not involve CBN or EFCC. It is an intellectual theft which happens everyday in the corporate world. As far as I'm concerned I am not sure we have courts grounded enough in intellectual theft to hear the case but if they have a good lawyer I think Federal High Court is a good place to begin.

Sterling Bank will opt to settle out of court and offer to buy TVIO. It is a terrible habit of big corporations not just in Nigeria, they either muscle you out openly or they acquire your company which makes the idea their own since you would be working for them. 100M is even too small to sue them for, why not 900M or 100B. That way most lawyers would definitely want to be associated with the suit since it is a case of big muscle trying to pushover the small guy.

Sterling Bank goofed, they should have learnt from the many mistakes of Diamond Bank and copy a cue from the playbook of GT Bank.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by otomatic(m): 2:31pm On Aug 14, 2021
WUdec:
If they had a non-disclosure agreement and non-compete clause included, they would have had a chance to win in court.

There was no binding agreement. And Nigerians hardly ever work with one before they sign huge contracts.

So its a tough one to win, especially going against a bank.

Sterling makes a chunk of money from tech businesses especially fintech. So their connections in the central bank stretch far and wide. And one phone call can destroy any fintech company (eg. revoking your license for no reason after awhile), especially if they are not backed by a head honcho.

I pray TVIO wins though

How do you know there was no binding agreement?

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Holak: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2021
So buy now, pay later is a copyright innovation? Akamu case, that is what that one is oo.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by musicwriter(m): 2:39pm On Aug 14, 2021
Phraences:

So sad. They should have at least thanked you for the feedback. I hope you weren't expecting them to pay you as they didn't contract you to provide a solution.

It wasn't about money really, though I told them I have a plan to run a big charity organization and that they should help me if they like my ideas.

And I didn't just contact them out of the blues, rather at that time I was heavily into Google, running multiple AdWords account and AdSense. One day I just observed my websites and I told them how to improve upon the products. Example; I told them the adverts shouldn't be static (at that time ads were static and would not change until you leave the page and return). I gave them the idea that the adverts should be able to change without having to refresh the page. I was just wondering how I could make more money by more clicks on my own site. Another thing I told them was to allow people pay by Gmail account, something like PayPal. In fact, I told them to name the product "Google pay or Gpay" and that's exactly what they call it today. I gave them the idea!! I also told them to authenticate login with phone verification. Nobody did that then. And many other ideas.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Neddyogu(m): 2:42pm On Aug 14, 2021
Does TVIO hold a patent for the idea? If not, they should rest.
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by omonla10(m): 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
But it is easy for sterling Bank to defend.. What if another person or company proposed similar idea with lesser cost?

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by Phraences: 2:57pm On Aug 14, 2021
musicwriter:

It wasn't about money really, though I told them I have a plan to run a big charity organization and that they should help me if they like my ideas.

And I didn't just contact them out of the blues, rather at that time I was heavily into Google, running multiple AdWords account and AdSense. One day I just observed my websites and I told them how to improve upon the products. Example; I told them the adverts shouldn't be static (at that time ads were static and would not change until you leave the page and return). I gave them the idea that the adverts should be able to change without having to refresh the page. I was just wondering how I could make more money by more clicks on my own site. Another thing I told them was to allow people pay by Gmail account, something like PayPal. In fact, I told them to name the product "Google pay or Gpay" and that's exactly what they call it today. I gave them the idea!! I also told them to authenticate login with phone verification. Nobody did that then. And many other ideas.

Are you for real? This is messed up. If you were abroad you could have sued them and at least get some compensation/popularity..

This is why people don't like sharing ideas. angry
Re: Sterling Bank In TVIO Solutions 'Intellectual Theft' Scandal by musicwriter(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2021
Phraences:

Are you for real? This is messed up. If you were abroad you could have sued them and at least get some compensation/popularity..

This is why people don't like sharing ideas. angry

No need my brother.

The first $3,000 I ever made in my life, I made it through Google.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Inverter Is Advisable Rather Than Generator / Petroleum Business: Pastor Loses N11m To Fraudsters / Official Exchange Rate Closes Week At N1,537.96/$1 Amidst Surging Inflation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.