Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

#EndOpayNow: Nigerians condemn Opay poor services as many customers get scammed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #EndOpayNow: Nigerians condemn Opay poor services as many customers get scammed (528 Views)

He Didn't Know How Many Customers / How I Nearly Get Scammed By Someone that asked me for Help. / Nigerians Condemn FBI For Focusing On 6 Nigerians On The Wanted List (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

#EndOpayNow: Nigerians condemn Opay poor services as many customers get scammed by aljazirahnews: 2:49pm On Aug 14, 2021
Many Nigerians have taken to social media to call for an end to Opay services across the country, citing poor services and alleged fraudulent activities.

Opay, a daughter company of the Opera Group, began operation in Nigeria in 2018 and has since expanded across all states.

According to its Facebook page description, OPay is a financial technology company that empowers users and enables them to accomplish more with their money by providing smart financial services.

Many of Opay’s customers, and even mobile money agents have frowned on the lackadaisical attitude of the company’s customer care department; poor services from the company; and alleged that some of the customer care team are engaged in fraudulent activities.
These are evident in the customer reviews on Opay app, and comments on Facebook, including few Lagosians Skynewsngr interviewed.

A victim, Nwanga Godspower Ikechukwu, said, “No one is claiming to be OPay staff . Your staffs are really behind the fraudulent transfers from people’s accounts. Do your internal investigation. Get the staffs behind it and refund my 600 hundred thousand NAIRA (600k)#EndOpayNow#.”

Corroborating Ikechukwu, Kabiru Aminu said, “likewise me, Some idiot called themselves Opay Agent that I should give them my OTP, for me all this Opay Staff are behind all this nonsense.”

An Opay mobile money agent, Brenda ID said “I hate this Opay. My customer was debited for a failed transaction and up till today you people are busy telling me we will get back to you every time.”

https://skynewsngr.com/endopaynow-nigerians-condemn-opay-poor-services-as-many-customers-get-scammed/
Re: #EndOpayNow: Nigerians condemn Opay poor services as many customers get scammed by ameh99: 8:11pm On Aug 14, 2021
The guy that scammed me too has an Opay account

Gabriel Odogwu Obremeakpo

Be careful if anyone send you Opay account then you should sense the red flag..

(1) (Reply)

A Friend's Gone Missing / 143 People Have Been Buried In The Zamfara Massacre While The Search For More Bo / Nigeria Police Seen Struggling Steering Wheel With A Driver (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.