Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands (212 Views)

We Are Not Under The Laws But Are Expected To Obey The Law / COVID-19: Enugu Religious Leaders Urge Residents To Obey NCDC’s Regulations / Are We Truly Not To Obey The Old Testament Laws Anymore? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands by livingchrist: 2:51pm On Aug 14, 2021
AGED WOMEN SHOULD TEACH YOUNGER WOMEN TO OBEY HUSBANDS

Titus, the younger pastor, was instructed by Paul how to teach sound doctrine. In Titus 2:3-5 the Holy Spirit had Paul to write down the following:

“The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”

Older women sometimes are responsible for breaking homes. When trouble comes up in the home of a young married couple, the mother of the wife may say, “You don't have to put up with his mistreatment!” Get your things together and come back home if he doesn't treat you right! Stand up for your rights! And the neighbor women take it on themselves to offer advice. But here we are told just the kind of counsel that the aged women should give to young women. They are to “teach the young women . . . to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, OBEDIENT TO THEIR OWN HUSBANDS, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” When a Christian women's influence leads another woman to be rebellious and disobedient at home in her attitude toward her husband, then she sins against God and causes the Word of God to be blasphemed. Any kind of Christianity that does not make a woman into a good wife brings reproach on the cause of Christ. So older women must teach young wives to obey their husbands, and thus Christianity will be in repute, and God will be honored by the happy homes that Christianity brings!

Once I was asked to marry a young couple whom I loved very dearly. The young bride-to-be asked me, “You are not going to put obey in the marriage ceremony, are you?” I answered back that of course I would not want to make up my own kind of marriage ceremony. “But,” I said, “if I leave it out, God has put it in. It is in the Bible that wives are to be 'obedient to their own husbands.' You don't want me to leave out what God put in, do you?” And since she was a good Christian girl, she agreed. Preachers, to please a modern world, may leave obey out of the marriage ceremony. But God puts it in just the same and preachers ought to too, and no Christian wife pleases Him who does not take the solemn vow to obey her husband and who does not prayerfully, with God's help, seek to fulfill that vow. ...

WHAT IF WIVES ARE WISER THAN HUSBANDS?

Wives sometimes say, “But I have a better education than my husband. I am a better manager. I have better judgment in many matters. Why shouldn't I have the deciding voice? I think the wiser of the two should have the authority in the home.”

Well, no doubt children often think they are wiser than their parents. Laborers are generally wiser, in their own sight, than their bosses. And no doubt the devil thinks himself wiser than God. That does not prove it is true.

However, children are often better informed, better trained, better equipped, in some matters, than their parents. Many a farm boy under the supervision of his county agent has learned to grow more corn to the acre than his father could, has learned to grow prize winning pigs by a feeding schedule with which his father is unfamiliar. But the farm boy still should not boss his father.

A girl in high school may learn how to make curtains, how to make lovely dresses, how to set an exquisite table, how to plan a balanced meal better than her mother ever knew. But God's plan is still for the girl to be subject to her mother.

I may be a better man than the policeman at the corner, who directs traffic, and yet if I am a good citizen, I obey his whistle. I may be a better man than the judge, but I respect the court.

God's way is still the best way, and wives are to be subject to their husbands. It is the way of peace and happiness and prosperity.

I have no doubt that many of the curses on our land come from sin in the home. Children do not obey parents, because there is disunion and no respect for authority in the home. The crime wave that plagues America is a part and parcel of the rebellion against authority in which every woman who does not obey her husband has a part. Wives who do not submit to their husbands may expect their own children to scorn their authority. And such women need not be surprised if their husbands' love grows cold and all the horrible train of evil comes that follows rebellion against authority—quarrels, discontent, lack of trust, and then broken homes and broken hearts! And when such women come to pray, they may expect to be treated by their dear Lord as rebels, not only against the authority of husband, but against the authority of God who commanded wives to be subject to their own husbands as unto the Lord.

I had a letter the other day from a brokenhearted wife. She had tried many, many years to win her husband to Christ. He would not hear her. She had heard me preach over the radio at Grand Island, Nebraska. She had found how she had failed in her rebellious way, trying to have her own way. And now she said, “I have tried my way and I have failed. Now I am going to try the Lord's way. It is my last chance to win my husband.” Why don't you try God's way, dear wife who reads this?

In Oklahoma City by a book table in revival services, a woman pointed to my little booklet, What Must I Do To be Saved? and said, “That booklet won my brother to Christ!” A man who stood nearby heard it. He pointed to the little booklet on Rebellious Wives and Slacker Husbands and said “My brother and his wife were separated, had been separated two weeks, and were applying for a divorce. I got this little booklet for them and both of them read it. They went back together, confessed their sins to each other, and now their home is wonderfully happy.”

Some years ago a woman wrote me in greatest distress. Her husband, she said, was so mean to her that it was impossible to live with him. She was having to give up her home and go back to her mother's. Yet her heart was broken about it and she wanted me to pray and wondered if there was anything she could do. I did pray and wrote to give her the Scriptures that I have given in these chapters about women being in subjection to their own husbands, and I sent her a little booklet on the subject. Soon she wrote to tell me that her home had been happily re-established. “I was as much to blame as he was,” she said. “I was rebellious and bitter and wanted my own way. Now everything has been smoothed and and I love him as never before. Our hearts are, oh, so happy!”

Dear reader, God's way is the only way to bring real happiness in your home, permanent happiness. It is not much to do for one who loves the Lord, to be subject to your husband for Christ's sake. And oh, how rich are the rewards for any godly woman who obeys God through surrendering to the authority of her husband.

SOURCE: Dr. John R. Rice - “Bobbed Hair, Bossy Wives And Women Preachers,” pages 29-32 and 35-37; Sword of The Lord Publishers ©1941.
Re: Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands by livingchrist: 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2021
Jesus set the Christian as the light of the world, if God is to honor us we must also honor his word in our lives.
Many christian give room for unbelievers to mock the word of God by their conduct.
Yes mrs Oyedepo was very right with her husband although I might not agree with them on some other thing but the advice on marriage is on point.
Re: Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands by livingchrist: 3:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
This was as far back as 1940 the fruit of feminism had already having its effect on marriages in America

livingchrist:
AGED WOMEN SHOULD TEACH YOUNGER WOMEN TO OBEY HUSBANDS

Titus, the younger pastor, was instructed by Paul how to teach sound doctrine. In Titus 2:3-5 the Holy Spirit had Paul to write down the following:

“The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children, To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.”

Older women sometimes are responsible for breaking homes. When trouble comes up in the home of a young married couple, the mother of the wife may say, “You don't have to put up with his mistreatment!” Get your things together and come back home if he doesn't treat you right! Stand up for your rights! And the neighbor women take it on themselves to offer advice. But here we are told just the kind of counsel that the aged women should give to young women. They are to “teach the young women . . . to be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, OBEDIENT TO THEIR OWN HUSBANDS, that the word of God be not blasphemed.” When a Christian women's influence leads another woman to be rebellious and disobedient at home in her attitude toward her husband, then she sins against God and causes the Word of God to be blasphemed. Any kind of Christianity that does not make a woman into a good wife brings reproach on the cause of Christ. So older women must teach young wives to obey their husbands, and thus Christianity will be in repute, and God will be honored by the happy homes that Christianity brings!

Once I was asked to marry a young couple whom I loved very dearly. The young bride-to-be asked me, “You are not going to put obey in the marriage ceremony, are you?” I answered back that of course I would not want to make up my own kind of marriage ceremony. “But,” I said, “if I leave it out, God has put it in. It is in the Bible that wives are to be 'obedient to their own husbands.' You don't want me to leave out what God put in, do you?” And since she was a good Christian girl, she agreed. Preachers, to please a modern world, may leave obey out of the marriage ceremony. But God puts it in just the same and preachers ought to too, and no Christian wife pleases Him who does not take the solemn vow to obey her husband and who does not prayerfully, with God's help, seek to fulfill that vow. ...

WHAT IF WIVES ARE WISER THAN HUSBANDS?

Wives sometimes say, “But I have a better education than my husband. I am a better manager. I have better judgment in many matters. Why shouldn't I have the deciding voice? I think the wiser of the two should have the authority in the home.”

Well, no doubt children often think they are wiser than their parents. Laborers are generally wiser, in their own sight, than their bosses. And no doubt the devil thinks himself wiser than God. That does not prove it is true.

However, children are often better informed, better trained, better equipped, in some matters, than their parents. Many a farm boy under the supervision of his county agent has learned to grow more corn to the acre than his father could, has learned to grow prize winning pigs by a feeding schedule with which his father is unfamiliar. But the farm boy still should not boss his father.

A girl in high school may learn how to make curtains, how to make lovely dresses, how to set an exquisite table, how to plan a balanced meal better than her mother ever knew. But God's plan is still for the girl to be subject to her mother.

I may be a better man than the policeman at the corner, who directs traffic, and yet if I am a good citizen, I obey his whistle. I may be a better man than the judge, but I respect the court.

God's way is still the best way, and wives are to be subject to their husbands. It is the way of peace and happiness and prosperity.

I have no doubt that many of the curses on our land come from sin in the home. Children do not obey parents, because there is disunion and no respect for authority in the home. The crime wave that plagues America is a part and parcel of the rebellion against authority in which every woman who does not obey her husband has a part. Wives who do not submit to their husbands may expect their own children to scorn their authority. And such women need not be surprised if their husbands' love grows cold and all the horrible train of evil comes that follows rebellion against authority—quarrels, discontent, lack of trust, and then broken homes and broken hearts! And when such women come to pray, they may expect to be treated by their dear Lord as rebels, not only against the authority of husband, but against the authority of God who commanded wives to be subject to their own husbands as unto the Lord.

I had a letter the other day from a brokenhearted wife. She had tried many, many years to win her husband to Christ. He would not hear her. She had heard me preach over the radio at Grand Island, Nebraska. She had found how she had failed in her rebellious way, trying to have her own way. And now she said, “I have tried my way and I have failed. Now I am going to try the Lord's way. It is my last chance to win my husband.” Why don't you try God's way, dear wife who reads this?

In Oklahoma City by a book table in revival services, a woman pointed to my little booklet, What Must I Do To be Saved? and said, “That booklet won my brother to Christ!” A man who stood nearby heard it. He pointed to the little booklet on Rebellious Wives and Slacker Husbands and said “My brother and his wife were separated, had been separated two weeks, and were applying for a divorce. I got this little booklet for them and both of them read it. They went back together, confessed their sins to each other, and now their home is wonderfully happy.”

Some years ago a woman wrote me in greatest distress. Her husband, she said, was so mean to her that it was impossible to live with him. She was having to give up her home and go back to her mother's. Yet her heart was broken about it and she wanted me to pray and wondered if there was anything she could do. I did pray and wrote to give her the Scriptures that I have given in these chapters about women being in subjection to their own husbands, and I sent her a little booklet on the subject. Soon she wrote to tell me that her home had been happily re-established. “I was as much to blame as he was,” she said. “I was rebellious and bitter and wanted my own way. Now everything has been smoothed and and I love him as never before. Our hearts are, oh, so happy!”

Dear reader, God's way is the only way to bring real happiness in your home, permanent happiness. It is not much to do for one who loves the Lord, to be subject to your husband for Christ's sake. And oh, how rich are the rewards for any godly woman who obeys God through surrendering to the authority of her husband.

SOURCE: Dr. John R. Rice - “Bobbed Hair, Bossy Wives And Women Preachers,” pages 29-32 and 35-37; Sword of The Lord Publishers ©1941.
Re: Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands by Eriokanmi: 3:03pm On Aug 14, 2021
Very necessary
Re: Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands by Adamgeneral12: 3:13pm On Aug 14, 2021
The look op was receiving from elderly women now

Re: Aged Women Should Teach Younger Women To Obey Husbands by livingchrist: 5:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Op

(1) (Reply)

How To Build A Central Church / Happy Wedding Anniversary To Pastor Kayode & Jumoke Adeyemo / Before You Sleep, Meditate And Pray With This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.