Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years (350 Views)

Bonario Nnags: "IPOB Finally Touched My Community Last Night" / Repentant Boko Haram: Angry Idps Condemn Zulum's Plans To Reintegrate Them / Jonathan Asake: Fulani Converted Ruga Settlements In My Community Into Emirate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by Insecurity(m): 4:34pm On Aug 14, 2021
It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years — Shehu Of Borno
Among the repentant terrorists were the logistics suppliers for the Boko Haram and ISWAP, Musa Adamu, aka Mala Musa Abuja, and his second-in-command.

The Shehu of Borno, Abubakar El-Kanemi, and other traditional leaders in Borno State have said it will be difficult to reintegrate repentant Boko Haram members into their communities.

They expressed fears over the de-radicalisation of repentant members of Boko Haram by the Nigerian Army under its Safe Corridor programme.

However, El-Kanemi said the idea was relatively welcome but noted that the people would continue to be haunted by the horrors of the 12-year insurgency, especially residents of communities where the repentant insurgents are to be incorporated.

“The Safe Corridor programme of the Nigerian Army led to the de-radicalisation of repentant terrorists in Gombe State. But it will be very difficult if not impossible for us to reintegrate the repentant insurgents into our destroyed communities,” he said, adding that Bama township and its college of education were overtaken by Boko Haram in September 2014.

The insurgents were reported to have killed 13 district heads and several ward heads in 16 local government areas of the state.

“It is easy to forgive for the destruction of many lives and property, but difficult to forget the wanton loss of lives in the various communities of my Chiefdom,” the Shehu of Borno said.

“Many people were killed along with their property for 12 years. And you people and the media expect us to forget and forgive the repentant terrorists?”

On Tuesday, the Nigerian Army in a statement by its spokesperson, Onyema Nwachukwu, announced that no fewer than 1,000 Boko Haram and Islamic State West Africa Province (a Boko Haram offshoot) members had laid down their arms and surrendered to the troops.

SaharaReporters was told that the repentant fighters were 335, while their family members were 746 women and children, adding up to 1,081 persons.

Among the repentant terrorists were the logistics suppliers for the Boko Haram and ISWAP, Musa Adamu, aka Mala Musa Abuja, and his second-in-command, Usman Adamu, who turned themselves in to the troops of Operation Hadin Kai of the Nigerian Army.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/08/14/it%E2%80%99s-difficult-reintegrate-boko-haram-who-killed-my-community-12-years-%E2%80%94-shehu-borno

Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by CrownOfClay724: 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
Only insane people will not see the wrong in all these Northern Nigerian shenanigans.

I pity the poor villagers and those who lost their loved ones to the special ones and their government crony.
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by endsarrrs(f): 4:41pm On Aug 14, 2021
I agree with what the man said. Boko haram/iswap terrorists that even killed the President of Chad?!..smh
Boko haram should go and try the surrender tricks with the chad government. What i do know is that Chadian military no be like Nigerian military!
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by Tony3245(m): 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2021
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by yuping(m): 4:50pm On Aug 14, 2021
Make I no talk
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by mountmoriah(m): 5:01pm On Aug 14, 2021
yuping:
Make I no talk
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by CodeTemplar: 5:10pm On Aug 14, 2021
Their dream of easy oyel dough finally about to be actualized. Next is the drafting in of every tom dick and harry with pubic hair on their head to come and chop.... and the futa jalon investors win again.
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by insidelife22(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2021
Islam is the first problem of Nigeria,Britain is the second.Share if you think am wrong,and like if yo think am right.

1 Like

Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by Racoon(m): 5:27pm On Aug 14, 2021
The north is still up to something evil/satanic with this rehabilitation of so called murderous BH terrorists that have cause so much pain and anguish.Perhaps only few discerning Nigerians are worried with this sudden mass repentance & surrendering of BH terrorists.I am not deceive.

1 Like

Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by habsydiamond(m): 5:33pm On Aug 14, 2021
All these is happening simply because they are from one particular part of this country. Am sure if its from the other regions na killing go follow...
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by WibusJaga: 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2021
These Boko Haram terrorists are far worse than criminals and should be made to face the consequences of their actions first before even talking of rehabilitation.
This idea of treating "repentant murderous terrorists" like VIPs all in the name of rehabilitation is pure sham. angry

In fact I see no difference between all northern Islamic extremists & Boko Haram so you can as well rehabilitate all of them.

Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by LibertyRep: 6:02pm On Aug 14, 2021
The government that loves them so much should create an IDP for them.

Let them have a taste of what they've subjected others to.
Re: It’s Difficult To Reintegrate Boko Haram Who Killed In My Community For 12 Years by Dymaco(m): 11:05pm On Aug 14, 2021
Incase

(1) (Reply)

Comr Nkwor Gabriel Emerges As New NADESSTU National President / Buhari Government Move To Shut ChannelsTV, Over Governor Ortom Interview / One Of The Victims Of The NDA Attack Identified As Husband Who Was Expecting His

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.