Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. (166 Views)

The Philosophy Of Spatial Dimensions And the Spiritual Realm / Understanding Christianity As A Philosophy / Avoiding Sat Guru Maharaj Ji's Philosophy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. by SonofIssachar: 12:09am On Aug 15, 2021
An anthropologist proposed a game to some African tribal children. He placed a basket of sweets near a tree and made the children stand 100 metres away. He then announced that whoever reaches first would get all the sweets in the basket.

When he said, “Ready. Steady. Go!”

Guess what these children did? They held each other’s hands, ran together towards the tree, divided the sweets equally among themselves, ate the sweets and enjoyed it.

When the anthropologist asked them why they did so, they merely answered, ‘Ubuntu’, querying, ‘How can one be happy when the others are sad?’

Ubuntu in their language means ‘I am because we are!’

This is a strong message for all generations. Let us always have this attitude and spread happiness wherever we go. Let us strive to have an Ubuntu philosophy: I AM BECAUSE WE ARE.

Author Unknown

Meditation: Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others. – Philippians 2:4

But to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath. – Romans 2:8

You will succeed because Jesus loves You!

Also read:

26 Life Principles
The Deformed Couple
Thinking of Divorce? Think Again
Re: The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. by XXXXTENTACION: 12:26am On Aug 15, 2021
Fvck ubuntu ..... tongue My Ego is too big for that

1 Like

Re: The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. by TarOrfeeek: 12:30am On Aug 15, 2021
Those children were obviously East African children.

If it were in West Africa, Nigeria to be precise.

Yoruba land to be more specific.

Before the first child gets to the sweets. The others must have mined his skull.

grin

1 Like

Re: The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. by tobechi74: 2:35am On Aug 15, 2021
Nice

1 Like

Re: The Ubuntu Philosophy – I Am Because We Are. by Monogamy: 5:35am On Aug 15, 2021
May be Asian kids...

African kids are corrupt from the womb

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Jabin Chavez Sermons – The Gift Of God / Bukola Bekes Reveals Date, Venue & Artists For Music Concert / God The Master Planner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.