Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG (21334 Views)

UK Won't Grant Asylum To Violent Members Of Pro-Biafra Groups Like IPOB / FG May Outlaw Yoruba Nation Group, Like IPOB – AGF Office / IPOB/Yoruba Nation: IBB Finally Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Agitations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by elmodee7(m): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2021
Yes oh . We are not like the brainwashed demented gullible miscreants call ipob.
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by Nollynwa1(m): 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2021
I have to read through, I didn't see where they called IPOB, terrorist.. Next time, you should do better with your post.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by kayjay69(m): 5:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
mischief maker, you clearly did not read the interview.
Juliusmalema:
Lol

Akintoye indirectly called Igbos terrorist

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by dasparrow: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ilana Omo Oodua could have made their point without trying to throw IPOB under the bus. I thought that was shady and unnecessary. At the end of the day, throwing the IPOB under the bus in order to score brownie points with the Fulani-led Nigerian government will not get them their Oodua nation. In the eyes of the Nigerian government, all agitators for the secession from Nigeria are seen as a threat and are treated with an iron fist. IPOB only began to carry guns to protect themselves when the Fulani-led government kept killing Igbo youths in South Eastern Nigeria with impunity. I think we Nigerians should understand that with the way things are currently going, no one is safe. If only southerners can unite. But I don't see that happening so let the suffering under the janja weed government of Nigeria continue.

2 Likes

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by SammyChi1988: 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2021
Mr man IPOB is not a terrorist group... Stop talking rubbish.. Agitate and get your freedom if you have the power.. Stop calling Ipob terrorists so that you won't die a miserable death.

1 Like

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by Okwyjesus(m): 6:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Lol

Well na grammar him dey that.
In Nigeria once you want self determination you are a terrorist.

Once you say what certain people are doing is wrong. It's hate speech.
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by od501: 6:53pm On Aug 16, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

https://www./2021/08/15/we-are-not-terrorists-and-have-no-link-to-ipob-you-cant-outlaw-us-yoruba-group-to-fg/

This report is misleading. The group never called IPOB a terrorist group.

And for the leaders of Yoruba Nation, wait till they start gunning down your men for carrying placards...like they have been done to IPOB since since 2014. Judy be patient, keep demonstrating,

I just hope you won't experience worse fate like IPOB. Dem never even start they have invaded Sunday Igboho's apartment and killed people, a 14 have been shot already by the police stray bullet.

Your time is coming, be patient.

1 Like

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by jamjo: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2021
flokii:
People like that half-breed Koiki are moles working to sabotage Yoruba struggle.. the momemt he started making senseless and reckless statements that an attack on IPOB is an attack on the Yorubas, then I knew he was setting them up to fail.

Why will any sane person say an attack on violent Igbos that Wike, Uzodinma and co. are dealing seriously with is an attack on peace loving Yorubas.. such audacity to link a proscribed terrorist group from far away South East to the most progressive race on earth.

A short memory is a really bad disease, The Goal post has just been moved.
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by Idiko1: 7:18pm On Aug 16, 2021
SATANICALLY666:

The Yoruba self-determination group known as Ilana Omo Oodua headed by Professor Banji Akintoye had stated that they are not terrorists.

The group made the clarification following reports that the federal government was plotting to proscribe the group.

Recall that the Attorney General of the Federation, Abubakar Malami and the then Solicitor General of the Federation and Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Justice, Dayo Apata, had in September 2017 approached the Federal High Court in Abuja to give judicial backing to the Executive Order of President Buhari, outlawing IPOB and its activities in every part of Nigeria.

Speaking on Saturday the office of the AGF stated that it was open to all option to put a stop to calls for Nigeria’s break up.

Akintoye’s Communications Manager, Maxwell Adeleye, told PUNCH that the Buhari government won’t want to descend low to outlaw the group.

According to him, the Ilana Omo Oodua was not a terrorist group but a peaceful self-determination association with a belief in referendum and sensitisation through rallies.

He said, “There is no basis for the proscription of Ilana Omo Oodua. The government can only proscribe a terrorist group and not a peaceful group like Ilana Omo Oodua. All our members arrested in Ojota (area in Lagos), were charged with disturbance of public peace but later released. Why weren’t they charged with treasonable felony or murder?

“If the government proscribes us, we are going to challenge it in the court of law because we have committed no offence. It is an organisation that believes in peaceful agitation for self-determination. We even released a manual on peaceful agitation for self-determination as authored by our Leader, Emeritus Professor Banji Akintoye.

“I do not think the Nigerian government will descend so low to proscribe a peaceful organisation like Ilana Omo Oodua. Professor Akintoye has released a formal statement that he is not afraid of arrest and that he is coming to Nigeria soon.”

While insisting that the group has no association with IPOB, Maxwell pointed out that they do not believe in the sit-at-home order issued in the South-East.

“Sit-at-home is never in our plan. Ilana Omo Oodua has no association with IPOB, so comparing IPOB methodology with ours is heretical. Our modus operandi is totally different. With all due respect to the members of IPOB, the only thing we have in common is that they want Biafra Nation and we want an independent Yoruba Nation.

“We are for peaceful self-determination; we believe in referendum, we don’t want war, we are not going to shoot a gun or carry a cutlass to attack anyone. We do not have any military wing. We are for peace and we believe the best way to achieve this is by NINAS (Nigerian Indigenous Nationalities Alliance for Self-Determination) strategy of referendum and that is why we have been holding rallies to sensitise our people,” he said.

https://www./2021/08/15/we-are-not-terrorists-and-have-no-link-to-ipob-you-cant-outlaw-us-yoruba-group-to-fg/

The above vomit can only come from a drooling coward. Just state who you intend to achieve and stop calling others terrorist. You cannot not win any sympathy from Arewastan by impugning character of IPOB. IPOB has stated that actualization of Republic of Biafra is paramount. How does such resolve make IPOB a terrorist group while the so-called the Ilana Omo Oodua that wishes to actualize Republic of Ododuwa is not? This silly condescending stunt is an act of cowardice.
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by PROUDIGBO(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
Maybe i missed it, but can anyone point out the place he specifically said ‘we are not terrorists, like IPOB’!?
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by Gfskw: 8:01pm On Aug 16, 2021
True
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by dozai: 8:38pm On Aug 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Lol

Doubt if you read the whole. Or I forgot @,JuliusMalema. The man that reads only headlines. And your brother @,Satanically 666 the headslammer from futadjalon did help you to twist the headlines so that the SE vs SW acrimony can continue. Everyone knows that Prof Akintoye cannot say such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by Gkemz: 9:22pm On Aug 16, 2021
Chest beaters and cowards
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by OmoEpe(m): 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Lol

Are they not? He only called them by their name
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by OmoEpe(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
flokii:
People like that half-breed Koiki are moles working to sabotage Yoruba struggle.. the momemt he started making senseless and reckless statements that an attack on IPOB is an attack on the Yorubas, then I knew he was setting them up to fail.

Why will any sane person say an attack on violent Igbos that Wike, Uzodinma and co. are dealing seriously with is an attack on peace loving Yorubas.. such audacity to link a proscribed terrorist group from far away South East to the most progressive race on earth.

The guy is really stupid trying to lump the sane Yoruba people with the mad pigs whose reasoning faculties are already outsourced to Cownu

He is an Omoale
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by OmoEpe(m): 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
flokii:

I don't think so, I know so... moreover facts don't lie.
The best brains, best schools, best entertainment, infact best everything belong to Yorubas.

An average Yoruba is what an average IPOB dreams to be like, unfortunately for him he lacks the mental and attitudinal competence to achieve this dream

See finishing......

The loud mouthedness of this people only betrays their deep seated inferiority complex
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by Sharpsecret01: 11:23pm On Aug 16, 2021
Nonpartisan1:
[left][/left]

Stop defending Terrorists.
but ur president is defending them....calling them repentant boko haram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by UCHIHAmask: 12:57am On Aug 17, 2021
Charlie2020:
Why can't you simply state that you are not terrorists without involving IPOB. Idiats. IPOB never commited a single killing/arson attack/violence except nonviolent agitation for freedom, justice and equity, before being labelled terrorist organisation by the terrorist government
Even after being proscribe ipob didnt hurt its own,although their are many propagandas and demonising plot to make it look so.
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by UCHIHAmask: 1:24am On Aug 17, 2021
blackmaine:
When I know how cowardly an average Yoruba man can be I begin to laugh , noise makers, na them dey use mouth fight , your foolish government can call ipob anything they like, one thing is certain, what happened in Afghanistan cannot happen in Biafra land, ESN is there, UGM is there so let them know that, secondly what's the fears of the group ? They are already mentally intimidated and fears are already gripping them, go and ask the South East Governors, they thought IPOB is a political organization, many freedom fighters has been tagged terrorists, yes let me be a terrorist to your devilish rule, to your greediness, to your partial rule and ill manned democracy... I said it again call me a terrorist so that my futur that
Thumbs up.
Although i dont support the part where you attacked yorubas,i wouldnt do that,can any good come from it,they aren't our enemies besides you should know the divisive plots by some unscrupulous elements in this group.
all hail BIAFRA
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by gstream: 5:44am On Aug 17, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Lol

it's not indirectly...he actually called IPOB terrorist. the Prof is a fool.
Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by mecussey(m): 9:06am On Aug 17, 2021
AntiBeEmCe:
If he thinks his explanation is going straight to the conscience of this Fulani govt ; whose sole aim is to keep the country united no matter the cost, then he's deluded.

When ipob was proscribed, they didn't bear any weapon. Youths were killed then, for merely protesting. Igboho's home was raided, people were killed, even without Yoruba agitators bearing arms.

So NINyASh, keep deceiving urselves, thinking that u are reasoning with reasonable people in Aso Rock... that's ur fvcking problem...but keep IPOB out of ur silly write-ups nd interviews.

You got that out of my mouth. I hate it when those cowards include IPoB in there speech. Make him dey there dey speak Grammer. He doesn't know Fulani don't understand English.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilana Omo Oodua: We Are Not Terrorists, Not Like IPOB — Yoruba Group To FG by limeta(f): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2021
Eastlink:
And you think so? IPOB made terrorist statements and backed them up with action. Evidence abound to nail the daft group. The DSS are not joking around.

Did they now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Is A Day Dreamer, By Buhari Olanrewaju Ahmed / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Nigerians Have Thrown Away Competence, Capacity - APC / Buhari Shut Ibeto Cement, Halts Shipment Of Cement For Unknown Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.