Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League (1306 Views)

Real Madrid Are LA Liga Champions As Girona Stun Barcelona / Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) / The Best Premier League XI Vs The Best La Liga XI On FIFA 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Great100000: 5:46am On Aug 16, 2021
Real Madrid are reportedly attempting to leave La Liga for a new league away from Spain, and a move to the Premier League is their preferred choice.

Real are by far Spain's most successful club, having won the league 34 times, compared to rivals Barcelona's 26 wins and Atletico Madrid's 11 titles.

However the club aren't happy at all with the league, and La Liga president Javier Tebas, due to the agreement with investment fund CVC, who are trying to buy a chunk of the Spanish top tier.

Tebas' staunch opposition to the European Super League had already irked Los Blancos president Florentino Perez as well and so the relationship between league and club is at an all time low.

According to Mundo Deportivo, that has led Real to look at alternatives to La Liga and moving abroad for their domestic league competition.

The report claims that the Premier League would be Perez's 'preferred choice,' which makes sense considering the vast amounts teams in England make in tv revenue compared to those in Spain.

Whilst a move to England's top tier is said to be the number one choice for the Bernabeu side, Perez is also looking at Bundesliga and Serie A as options.

Mundo Deportivo say the move "would send shockwaves reverberating around the world, but according to club chiefs, there are compelling arguments in favour of considering it very seriously."

The report says that Brexit could be the 'most serious impediment' to the move happening, although the biggest problem is probably the whole idea of Real moving England.

Tebas came out and completely rubbished the idea, saying on Twitter, "How much nonsense we have these days."

Real kick off their La Liga campaign against Alaves on Saturday night, which could be their last in Spain for all we know, and fans will certainly have to get used to the weird sight of not having Sergio Ramos in the team.

The former captain moved to PSG this summer after his contract expired and fans will also have to get used to seeing the combative centre back playing alongside Lionel Messi.

The pair had plenty of run ins when they were playing on either side of El Clasico but now they'll be teammates and Ramos has even invited Messi, and the Argenine's family, to stay at his house.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/real-madrid-attempting-to-leave-la-liga-for-the-premier-league-20210814.amp.html

Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Typicool8(m): 5:49am On Aug 16, 2021
Hmm
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Tony3245(m): 5:57am On Aug 16, 2021
Lol it will be a history to be made
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by madridguy(m): 6:24am On Aug 16, 2021
grin grin grin
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by mushroomFarm: 6:34am On Aug 16, 2021
Lol even club wanna go transfer! But seriously these guys will just be collecting PL back to back
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Passionnn: 6:53am On Aug 16, 2021
Lol. Is that even possible? I mean legally.
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by thuxzwda1: 7:22am On Aug 16, 2021
Passionnn:
Lol. Is that even possible? I mean legally.

If e possible make dem carry arsenal go LA liga.....make Madrid dey come

2 Likes

Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Pochettino(f): 7:22am On Aug 16, 2021
grin cheesy grin grin grin
Perez makes me laugh
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Jones90: 8:02am On Aug 16, 2021
Let them come na
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by UncleHaba22: 10:02am On Aug 16, 2021
It was a false news oga
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Kingcalls: 11:01am On Aug 16, 2021
The person that created this story is on hard drugs...the person that posted it is on harder drugs
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by slex(m): 11:10am On Aug 16, 2021
thuxzwda1:

If e possible make dem carry arsenal go LA liga.....make Madrid dey come

Chai, you wicked oo

You want arsenal to suffer cross league heartbreak?

Just say you want to deport the whole club dasall.

This one weak me.

Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by thuxzwda1: 11:28am On Aug 16, 2021
grin
slex:

Chai, you wicked oo

You want arsenal to suffer cross league heartbreak?

Just say you want to deport the whole club dasall.

This one weak me.
grin

1 Like

Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by OJEEMAH(m): 11:59am On Aug 16, 2021
Kingcalls:
The person that created this story is on hard drugs...the person that posted it is on harder drugs
Don't you ever get tired of attacking people?
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Great100000: 12:10pm On Aug 16, 2021
OJEEMAH:
You even have time by replying him, some people don't worth to reply them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Kingcalls: 12:12pm On Aug 16, 2021
OJEEMAH:

U urself ,u are forever on hardened drugs
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by OJEEMAH(m): 12:14pm On Aug 16, 2021
Kingcalls:

U urself ,u are forever on hardened drugs
grin

i see
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by OJEEMAH(m): 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
Great100000:
You even have time by replying him, some people don't worth to reply them
You're right
Re: Real Madrid Attempting To Leave La Liga For The Premier League by Great100000: 12:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
OJEEMAH:
grin

i see
I tell u grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

My Experience With Betway / Roman Abramovich About To Buy Brazilian Football Club Vasco De Gama.“ / The Alleged 19-year-old Cameroon Footballer Who Looks Like 50

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.