Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,875 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Child Dedication - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child Dedication (6825 Views)

Mothers/christians, Is Child Dedication Party Compulsory? / Nursing Mother Commits Suicide After Baby Dedication / Baby's Dedication (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Dedication by ono(m): 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
My baby girl is more than three months old now. She's my first child. Pastors and elders of my Church, including members have come to see and pray for both parents and daughter. Many of my colleagues have come around too. But some of my colleagues in the office are on my neck about dedicating the child - a sort of ''welcome to the world'' ceremony for my baby.

Somehow, my wife wants us to cancel all our plans for the ceremony. No reason given other than it's not compulsory. My people must one do child dedication after having a child?
Re: Child Dedication by benit(f): 1:37pm On Jul 19, 2007
I believe you are referring to the after-dedication party.It is actually not compulsory. It depends on what you and your wife want and also if you have the money to spend.
What is important is the prayers. Don't let friends push you because they won't be responsible for feeding your baby if you lavish your money for party.
Congrats
Re: Child Dedication by osereka(m): 5:39pm On Jul 19, 2007
abeg dedicate the child joo and invite nairalanders grin
congratulations!
Re: Child Dedication by kulaShaker(f): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2007
osereka:

abeg dedicate the child joo and invite Nairaland users grin
congratulations!

ditto   grin

congratulobias grin please let us come and wet the baby's head now kiss
Re: Child Dedication by ThoniaSlim(f): 4:19pm On Jul 30, 2007
congrats ohhh. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
like someone said above she might just be worried about the expenses you need to spend after you have done the dedication in the church.
your family members and friends expect you to invite them to come and wash mouth with a bit of entertainment. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Child Dedication by Seun(m): 4:22pm On Jul 30, 2007
You'd better conserve the money you have and use it to take good care of your baby. Especially if your wife says so.
Re: Child Dedication by omoge(f): 8:38pm On Jul 30, 2007
do you mean dedication in the church you attend or just getting friends together party?

someone i knew did a dedication 2 weeks ago. she and her husband brought the child to church both dressed in nigeria native wear with big gele grin there were dancing (am not a member just went there for the dedication) and lots of singing and praising. at the end, they brought out cooler filled with puff puff and another filled with bottled water. i got some puff puff grin but after eating 2, i had funny sensation in my belle so i had to stop. i asked her if she is doing another party in the house, she said no that it will be too costly for their pocket (the baby is the 3 child).

the church i attend had dedications of baby (oyinbos are what i have seen so far). that's where it ends. am not sure they do party.

for me sha, i might do ooo or might not. we will see when the time comes grin

(1) (Reply)

You Must Get Pregnant Before We Can Wed! / Most Memorable Teen Moments / Which Stands Better In Marriage, Love Or Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.