Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,252 members, 7,957,612 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 03:47 PM

Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? (405 Views)

APC Senators Reject Electronic Transmission Of Election Results / Electoral Law Without Electronic Transmission Of Results Invitation To Anarchy / INEC: We Used Electronic Transmission For 2019 Polls Results But… (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
CAN ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION WORK EXCELLENTLY, EFFICIENTLY, AND EFFECTIVELY WELL WITHOUT THE USE OF THE MAIN ELECTRONIC VOTING METHODS ITSELF?

A lot of questions had been asked about the effectiveness of the Electronic Transmission:
“Whether excellent results can be achieved with the Electronic Transmission alone without being coupled with Electronic Voting.”
The reasons for such questions are not far fetched, being that the so-called results/figures that are to be transmitted electronically are to be keyed-in by the human electoral officers, instead of being automatically generated by the Electronic Voting Machines during the election process - that is, if the Electronic Voting is to be used in conjunction with the Electronic Transmission.
In my own opinion, and by my own personal submission, I think that the method of voting by electronic means is not really very necessary for Electronic Transmission to be effective as long as the accreditation/authentication process for the individual voters is first made to be very effective.
The main Electronic Voting itself involves the consideration of a whole lot of other complicated variables, and thus, it might not be feasible anytime in the nearest future.
Meanwhile, the Electronic Transmssion is very feasible at the moment, and the most important ingredient for Electronic Transmission to be effectively and efficiently achieved is “The Compulsory Electronic Accreditation/Authentication using the INEC’s available Electronic Means”.
It means that, the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication shouldn't be an “option” for accreditation, but rather a necessity.

As at the moment, (according to the current Electoral Act 2010), the only acceptable tool for Accreditation in Elections is the Voters-Register. YES.. Those bunch of papers which contains the information of the registered voters.
The Card-Reader is not acceptable under the current Electoral Act, and thus the non-use of the Card-Reader cannot invalidate an election. (As could be seen seen in the tribunal case of Atiku-vs-Buhari-2019. Pgs-174-&-175).
This means, for any petitioner to establish a case of over-voting where the number of votes exceeded the number of the actual Accredited Voters, or where the number of the declared Accredited Voters in the announced results are more than the actual Accredited Voters, the petitioner should apply for the “Certified True Copies” of all the Voters-Registers in all the Polling-units that he wanted to use to establish the case..
(That's definitely going to cost a very huge amount of money to procure).
And then, in establishing the case, such petitioner should not just dump the documents at the tribunal and leave them there (just the way Atiku Did in the 2019 tribunals), rather the maker of such documents (INEC in this case) should be invited to tender the whole documents and testify to its contents, and then, where mathematical calculations are involved, how the figures were arrived at must be demonstrated in the open court. The tribunal shouldn't be left to figure out the results by themselves in their chambers. (Pg.279-&-280 of the tribunal case between Atiku-&-Buhari-2019.)
The funniest thing at the moment is that; the supposed amendment of the Electoral Act that is currently ongoing didn't make the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication a compulsory neccesity for the elections.
Therefore, some people can still abandon the use of the Card-Reader comfortably in their stronghold areas, and still win their cases in the tribunals.
But with the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication which are automatically generated and not keyed in manually by any official, it would also serve as a checking tool, and once there a “keying in” of improper figures by the election officials, it would be easily be flagged red.
Thus, My Verdict Is Very Simple And Clear....
Electronic Transmission can be excellently, efficiently, and effectively achieved if (and only if) the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication is made a compulsory neccesity, and not an optional process in our elections.
The use of the manual Voters-Registers should be discontinued, and should never even be an option even in places where the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication did not work.
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:28pm On Aug 16, 2021
To Be Continued.
Meanwhile, here is the link to the copy of the judgement of the presidential election tribunal 2019 between Atiku-and-Buhari.,, for those that might want to take a look at the pages mentioned above.
https://ptacademyng.com/docs/Presidential%20Election%20Tribunal%20judgement.pdf
***Modified**
tk4rd:
Another All-important Aspect is....
Making the whole results readily and publicly available immediately they final results are declared.
With the Electronic-Transmission, once the elections are concluded, the results would always be ready in no time, and thus would be made public.
That should even be one of the main advantages of the Electronic-Transmission.
That is, quick publishing of the whole results.
(Including all the lower-levels collated results, and the Polling-units Results too... As well as all the Cancelled Polling-units and the Number of Registered Voters that are affected by the Cancelled Polling-units).

1 Like

Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by muykem: 8:46pm On Aug 16, 2021
I have air my opinion on this. I only support total electronic voting. Electronic transmission without Electronic voting will only lead to more confusion.

2 Likes

Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by Monogamy: 8:57pm On Aug 16, 2021
undecided
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by BluntCrazeMan: 8:59pm On Aug 16, 2021
Monogamy:
undecided
I no get word for you..
Lai-Lai.!!
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by BluntCrazeMan: 9:00pm On Aug 16, 2021
muykem:
I have air my opinion on this. I only support total electronic voting. Electronic transmission without Electronic voting will only lead to more confusion.
Everything you see now that is already very successful was once an idea..
At some other time, it became a “work in progress”

1 Like

Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by pinkgoodies(m): 3:39am On Aug 17, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
CAN ELECTRONIC TRANSMISSION WORK EXCELLENTLY, EFFICIENTLY, AND EFFECTIVELY WELL WITHOUT THE USE OF THE MAIN ELECTRONIC VOTING METHODS ITSELF?

A lot of questions had been asked about the effectiveness of the Electronic Transmission:
“Whether excellent results can be achieved with the Electronic Transmission alone without being coupled with Electronic Voting.”
The reasons for such questions are not far fetched, being that the so-called results/figures that are to be transmitted electronically are to be keyed-in by the human electoral officers, instead of being automatically generated by the Electronic Voting Machines during the election process - that is, if the Electronic Voting is to be used in conjunction with the Electronic Transmission.
In my own opinion, and by my own personal submission, I think that the method of voting by electronic means is not really very necessary for Electronic Transmission to be effective as long as the accreditation/authentication process for the individual voters is first made to be very effective.
The main Electronic Voting itself involves the consideration of a whole lot of other complicated variables, and thus, it might not be feasible anytime in the nearest future.
Meanwhile, the Electronic Transmssion is very feasible at the moment, and the most important ingredient for Electronic Transmission to be effectively and efficiently achieved is “The Compulsory Electronic Accreditation/Authentication using the INEC’s available Electronic Means”.
It means that, the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication shouldn't be an “option” for accreditation, but rather a necessity.

As at the moment, (according to the current Electoral Act 2010), the only acceptable tool for Accreditation in Elections is the Voters-Register. YES.. Those bunch of papers which contains the information of the registered voters.
The Card-Reader is not acceptable under the current Electoral Act, and thus the non-use of the Card-Reader cannot invalidate an election. (As could be seen seen in the tribunal case of Atiku-vs-Buhari-2019. Pgs-174-&-175).
This means, for any petitioner to establish a case of over-voting where the number of votes exceeded the number of the actual Accredited Voters, or where the number of the declared Accredited Voters in the announced results are more than the actual Accredited Voters, the petitioner should apply for the “Certified True Copies” of all the Voters-Registers in all the Polling-units that he wanted to use to establish the case..
(That's definitely going to cost a very huge amount of money to procure).
And then, in establishing the case, such petitioner should not just dump the documents at the tribunal and leave them there (just the way Atiku Did in the 2019 tribunals), rather the maker of such documents (INEC in this case) should be invited to tender the whole documents and testify to its contents, and then, where mathematical calculations are involved, how the figures were arrived at must be demonstrated in the open court. The tribunal shouldn't be left to figure out the results by themselves in their chambers. (Pg.279-&-280 of the tribunal case between Atiku-&-Buhari-2019.)
The funniest thing at the moment is that; the supposed amendment of the Electoral Act that is currently ongoing didn't make the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication a compulsory neccesity for the elections.
Therefore, some people can still abandon the use of the Card-Reader comfortably in their stronghold areas, and still win their cases in the tribunals.
But with the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication which are automatically generated and not keyed in manually by any official, it would also serve as a checking tool, and once there a “keying in” of improper figures by the election officials, it would be easily be flagged red.
Thus, My Verdict Is Very Simple And Clear....
Electronic Transmission can be excellently, efficiently, and effectively achieved if (and only if) the Electronic Accreditation/Authentication is made a compulsory neccesity, and not a optional process in our elections”.

You see, i listened to prof jega on Arise news today about this issue. The politicians who could have canvassed the need for electonic voting, never did. Even from the PDP that has been crying about rejection of Electronic transmission by the APC. This shows they know the can't win a free n fair election without rigging. But now the PDP are playing with our brains by making it look like APC don't want progress in Election matters. This Two parties are evil.

1 Like

Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by tk4rd: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2021
To me, I would say that the steps to the Fully Functional Electronic Voting are too many, and we need to take the whole steps gradually..
ONE STEP AT A TIME..!!..
Let Electronic Accreditation and Electronic Transmission start off first, coupled with the immediate release of the full results.

1 Like

Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by tk4rd: 9:42am On Aug 17, 2021
Lalasticlala,
Seun.
I think this topic is an eye-opener.
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by tk4rd: 9:45am On Aug 17, 2021
For those that are shouting “Electronic Transmission!” ... “Electronic Transmission!!”...
This topic just revealed that even the Electronic Transmission standing all alone by itself is still not the best answer..
A Compulsory “Electronic Accreditation” which is backed-up by the Law is also very very necessary.
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by tk4rd: 9:47am On Aug 17, 2021
Another All-important Aspect is....
Making the whole results readily and publicly available immediately they final results are declared.
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by Idiko1: 9:55am On Aug 17, 2021
pinkgoodies:

You see, i listened to prof jega on Arise news today about this issue. The politicians who could have canvassed the need for electonic voting, never did. Even from the PDP that has been crying about rejection of Electronic transmission by the APC. This shows they know the can't win a free n fair election without rigging. But now the PDP are playing with our brains by making it look like APC don't want progress in Election matters. This Two parties are evil.

You do not need electronic money (notes) to make electronic money transmission or transfer. African problem in general and Nigerian in particular is the essence of "I know it all yet they know absolute nothing. The proponents of the so-called ballot result transmission to headquarter are trying to void the ballot box snatching. However the so-called electronic transmission can be riddled with all forms of security risks.

1 Like

Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by tk4rd: 10:02am On Aug 17, 2021
muykem:
I think I understand what you're trying to say. But you also need to understand the true situation at the moment.
Full Electronic Voting would be very very difficult to achieve at the moment, going by the type of laxity and lack of will to do what is right that had eaten very deep in the very fabrics of existence of a typical Nigerian.
But one thing I can decipher from your write-up is that, both me and you are tired of the current Manual methods.
For me sef, I can't just vote in any Election again that still soley rely on all those manual methods.
Re: Can Electronic Transmission Work Excellently Without Electronic Voting? by BluntCrazeMan: 10:11am On Aug 17, 2021
tk4rd:
To me, I would say that the steps to the Fully Functional Electronic Voting are too many, and we need to take the whole steps gradually..
ONE STEP AT A TIME..!!..
Let Electronic Accreditation and Electronic Transmission start off first, coupled with the immediate release of the full results.
That's Exactly what I mean.

(1) (Reply)

Hope Uzodimma Speaks On Imo Fuel Scarcity, See The Shocking Thing He Said / Igboho, Kanu's Arrest Won't End Self-determination Agitation In Nigeria -sani / Ebonyi Gov Prays: God Will Give Nigeria Another President Like Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.