Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:42 AM

Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. (440 Views)

White House Responds To Russia's Decision To Put Deterrence Forces On High Alert / La Palma: 'World’s Luckiest House’ Miraculously Stands Alone (Pictures, Video) / Chris Donahue: The Last US Soldier to Leave Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by Bar1941(m): 10:06pm On Aug 16, 2021
WASHINGTON — President Biden, facing the biggest political crisis of his term, defended the chaotic withdrawal of U.S. forces from Afghanistan amid the rapid collapse of the country’s government, taking responsibility for ending the 20-year war while asserting that he “hard and messy” events of recent days were inevitable.

“I am President of the United States of America, and the buck stops with me,” Biden said in a speech from the White House Monday afternoon. “I’m deeply saddened by the facts we now face. But I do not regret my decision to end America’s war fighting in Afghanistan.”

While Biden acknowledged that the the Taliban’s march into Kabul “did unfold more quickly than we anticipated,” he argued that it validated his decision to end America’s two-decade commitment to Afghanistan.

“American troops cannot — and should not — be fighting in a war, and dying in a war, that the Afghans are not willing to fight for themselves,” Biden said. “We gave them every chance to determine their own future. What we could not provide them was the will to fight for that future.”

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2021-08-16/biden-chaotic-withdrawal-afghanistan

Re: Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by mountmoriah(m): 10:15pm On Aug 16, 2021
He is right

3 Likes

Re: Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by festacman(m): 10:16pm On Aug 16, 2021
Ok
Re: Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by dawnomike(m): 10:30pm On Aug 16, 2021
He has a point on this one ...
Re: Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by Iamgrey5(m): 10:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
obviously it's a well calculated decision that could still backfire.

Even as it's now, Americans can still throw a few targeted missiles into targets in Kabul if needed. American warships are still in the waters of the middle east.
Re: Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by wwwihy: 10:34pm On Aug 16, 2021
Best Presidential Decision
Re: Biden Stands By Decision To Leave Afghanistan. by Ever8090: 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2021
Time for Christians in the Nigerian military to pull out and allow Muslims do as the want with boko haram,.we can't continue wasting the lives of our Christian brothers in a war that Muslims are fully in support of and sponsoring.

(1) (Reply)

North Korea Bans Citizens From Showing Any Signs Of Happiness / Ghislaine Maxwell Found Guilty On 5 Out Of 6 Sex Trafficking Charges / EU & NATO: Is This Hate, Or Just Hypocrisy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.