Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

How I Almost Lost $200 Because Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Almost Lost $200 Because Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur (334 Views)

Get To Know The Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Just Sold His Company For $12.5bn! / Ifeanyi Obike: Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Wants To Disrupt Nigeria’s Air / Meet The Nigerian Entrepreneur Who Owns Airbnb Of Luxury Cars In UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Almost Lost $200 Because Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur by Mindshift(m): 10:47pm On Aug 16, 2021
Making money in Nigeria is hard enough you shouldn't have to go through losses because of another.
Hi, my name is Oreoluwa and I'm not a graphics designer but I make lots from graphic design. How do I do this? I'll share that pretty soon but I would like you to know a little about me first.
Basically I am a guy (that's only lighter mood anyways).

Currently, I'm in my penultimate year in the University of ibadan and my course of study...
let's just say is nothing close to business.

For those who are really curious for those, I study Nutrition and dietetics and believe me it's a pretty tough course as simple as it sounds.

Let's just leave it at that. Now back on track I make money online via a lot of sources by running a very simple business model I simply connect people.

Remember I told you I'm not a graphic designer but I still make money from it?

What I simply do is connect people.

Although, I have a small knowledge of graphic design but I'm not that good with it.

Even if I was school work wouldn't allow me to design. I'm a serious student and I put my studies first.

So what I do is get jobs and look for a reliable person to do it for me. I pay him then get paid without doing any work. Sweet right?

Yeah it is, my only challenge was the reliable person. I met a guy named Peter, a very good graphic designer and business was smooth as far as I was concerned.

Peter was good I must admit. He knew this design work well and he made me some money. Honestly I would have ignorantly settled for Peter if this particular event never happened.

So what happened? I almost lost money.
I started out with getting small design work and making a profit of 2000 to 4,000 per design.

It was a very smooth flow of income and all I needed was just to operate WhatsApp and sometimes call. That was it.

However something happened one day. I finally got a big job and it was a branding job for a new company just planning to launch.

As I was recommended by one of my clients, I thought I'd finally hit the jackpot.

This job was a contract job to make me 60k in profit per month and I was going to pay to Peter 40K. It was my first job of 100k online without doing Yahoo or Ponzi.

I was the happiest guy.

The company gave me a deadline to submit my design and this was in 10 days 10 days was more than enough for me because I trust my guy Peter, he go sharparly run am.

Informing Peter, I sent him 20K immediately so he could speed things up and promised to balance in later.

Mind you, I pay him with my money because I was so sure he would deliver. The company was only going to pay up on sending them the design this was my biggest mistake.

I tried reaching Peter 4 days to the deadline to know how far, I mean I was ready to cash out.

Unfortunately, his number was off. Typical Nigerian entrepreneur. I started to panic but later convinced myself that his phone might be dead.

I told myself, he will get to me tomorrow, he has never disappointed me before and so on.

Long story short I didn't hear from Peter till after a week he told me he was sick and his phone spoilt so we couldn't get in touch of course I almost lost the job and I was not ready to meet up with the deadline

Almost!

3 days to the deadline, I got introduced to a site called Fiverr. It's an online community of entrepreneurs and freelancers from all over the world.

I found different Freelancers from different niches; Not only graphics design but also Digital Marketing, Writing, Translation, Programming, Tech, Data, Video and animation, Music and Audio, lifestyle, Business, Graphic design, and lots more

And What's More??
Fiverr is very safe.
When you pay your money this does NOT go to the freelancer doing your work straight away.

Fiverr holds the payment until you are completely satisfied with the job. If you are NOT happy you can request a refund.

If I had known I wouldn't have lost 20k to Peter. I couldn't collect the money back because he said he used it to treat himself.

Fine, we're all humans but this is business. I really can't afford thses kind of eventualities occuring everytime. It's best to transact on a platform I can trust and Fiverr was that platform.

It gave the perfect platform for transaction.

I didn't have to worry about losing money again because with Fiverr I had the ability to approve payments to the vendor only after I'm satisfied with my work.

Fiverr gave me a whole lot of options I got to discover that people that will do my work cheaper than Peter was doing it and even give me better results.

I signed up as a BUYER and got a very good graphics designer to do my work cheaper and deliver in 3 days.
I met the deadline!!!

This was it for me ever since I joined fiverr I had peace of mind and I never had to worry about fraud again.

I finally found a reliable platform and to top it off I didn't have to pay any money to sign up.

If you want to avoid embarrassment and you don't want to go through the same thing I did.

You should sign up for Fiverr as A BUYER.
When you're signing up, you can either choose to be a seller or a buyer, be sure to sign up as a BUYER.

You'd get to meet entrepreneurs across all fields to help you with your work

You might feel you're not purchasing anything right now but you should still sign up, it'll save you a lot of stress in the future

Click this link to sign up for free now and never have to worry about scam again!

Don't learn when it's too late!
https://fvrr.co/2XoMJbA

Re: How I Almost Lost $200 Because Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin bright you sef don come here
Re: How I Almost Lost $200 Because Of A Nigerian Entrepreneur by Mindshift(m): 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2021
A lot of people have been asking me how to join Fiverr properly.

It's quite easy;
Step 1: Type in your email
Step 2: Pick any username if your choice
Step 3: Insert a password you can remember

Most importantly
Step 4: Check your mail and activate your account by clicking the activate button

That's all, and you're good to go. Now you don't have to worry about getting duped in your online transactions.

Like and share this post of it was of any help to you.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Mini Franchise Business Platform - Lagos / Learn The ABC Of Email Copywriting And The 5 Steps To Get Started / Top Real Estate Player Dele Phillips Constructs Impressive Resort In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.