Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Fear Factor - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fear Factor (1389 Views)

Inspiring Thoughts Of Michael Ogah Aka Ankara Boi of X-Factor ( A Compendum ) / The Cuckoo's Calling - Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling) Nigerian Factor / The Fear Factor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fear Factor by Ishilove: 2:41am On May 19, 2011
I'm a budding writer,and the few people who have read my creations say i have "it". However there's a factor which prevents me from launching my self fullscale,and that's the fear factor. Fear
Fear that my work will not be appreciated.
Fear that perhaps people might not understand me because i love using symbolism and extended metaphors when i write.
Fear that when i put pen to paper,my muse might swoon and then who knows how long she might remain in that state?
Fear of the sheer numbers of wanna-be writers like me in the country: will i be just another insignificant speck in a churning mass of the literary Great Unwashed?
Fear that i just might be wasting my whole bloody time. . .
Fear . . . *sigh* Jeeze,i sound so pathetic. Wish i could just banish this grinning spectre fiddling with my pen and occasionally jabbing my warm heart with cold,wet fingers. Each time he fingers my heart,i shiver inwardly and my muse freezes in mid-step. . .
Fear

2 Likes

Re: Fear Factor by olulu(m): 9:39am On May 20, 2011
Well, thank God that good writers like u don't start, so they never get to shine cos of the fear of fear. lipsrsealed
It gives room for bad writers to start and shine cos they have no fear for fear. grin grin

For me, only one rule works, just do it.

I use to write only peoms,
now I have my own magazine (F-FACTOR Magazine)
and I also perform poetry/ spoken words on stage,
all because I just started, and I started based on these facts
1. that I can only get better in what I do consistently,
2. criticisms and yabs serve as a motivating factor,
3. Every failure is a lesson on how not to do it that way again.
4. Not everybody will like u, but until u start u will never know those that will like u

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fear Factor by 2ruink(m): 11:32am On May 22, 2011
Wonderful wonders of fear!!!
Re: Fear Factor by djayxpro: 1:59pm On May 24, 2011
@olulu

nice words!!!! nicely put too, please, @ishi, hear him out 'just do it', dem must talk!!!!
Re: Fear Factor by Ishilove: 7:27pm On May 24, 2011
@all. Indeed i will. Don't mind me,tis often easier to to take the ostrich's way out; sit whining and shivering in the dark cocoon of cowardice,whispering to myself "i won't go out,lions will slay me, "
Thank u all for ur kind words.
Re: Fear Factor by Ishilove: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ishilove:
@all. Indeed i will. Don't mind me,tis often easier to to take the ostrich's way out; sit whining and shivering in the dark cocoon of cowardice,whispering to myself "i won't go out,lions will slay me, "
Thank u all for ur kind words.
smiley smiley smiley smiley

Say hi to the older you grin

Me: Hiiiiiii cheesy

So, what have you been up to all these years

Me: Nothing much. You know, just chilling and killing time.

Killing time for what?

Me: Emmmm, I dunno. undecided I gave up trying to discover the meaning of life.

So, did you go out? Did the Lions slay you?

Me: Truth be told, madam, I and the lions became friends. I gave them my innocence to devour, amd by doing so, I too have become a lion...ness grin

Welcome to the jungle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fear Factor by sageb: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2020
Gracias
Re: Fear Factor by Ishilove: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2020
sageb:
Attached
Seen. Kindly edit.

Haven't you been paid your allawee for March?

(1) (Reply)

A Guy's Dilemma / A Cold Day In Hell ( A Short Story) / Please, Where Can I Get This Book: "every Day For The Thief" By Teju Cole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.