Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:32 AM

Can I Dye My Hair Any Color I Like? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Can I Dye My Hair Any Color I Like? (638 Views)

I Like What I Saw - What New Client Said To Us - Let's Write For You / Why I Love The Color Black *a Short Story Of Sexual Abuse* / Eulogy Of The People Of The Dye City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can I Dye My Hair Any Color I Like? by WestKissHair(f): 8:19am On Aug 17, 2021
The hair does not over-process unless like any natural hair it is not properly done. If color guidelines are followed the end results will be successful. You can always show color swatches of how well the hair can take to color by grade.

Depending on the skill level of the stylist/ or person coloring the hair please keep in mind different results will happen, different products and approaches will result in different results. But overall, will the hair color YES!

Scenario #1 Master Skill level - Customer “A” frequently purchases #613 bundles and wigs units to achieve multicolored wig units (deposit only). The integrity of the hair is still intact allowing for varied styling techniques. Refer to pics below:

Scenario #2 Questionable Skill level - Customer “B” also frequently purchases #613 bundles and wigs units to achieve various shades of toned blond colors using toners (deposit only using low volume peroxide between 0-10). The integrity of the hair as shown in pic below has been compromised. The feel of the hair is brittle and dry not allowing for varied styling, no longer will the hair flow naturally unless treated to bring integrity back into the hair.

Both pics above are the same 9A Grade hair (Indian) with different levels of experience. Both working on the same product but will end with “varied” results.

1. EXPERIENCED Colorist or Hairstylist who truly understands the integrity of hair will be the best route to go. Overall it will alleviate them from having the color come out incorrectly,to then put the blame on west kiss hair and the quality of the hair.
2. Advise IN-experienced customers who may be apprehensive about coloring, or abrasive in their communication (you must pay attention to their hair language) that we are not responsible for their color outcome and again advise them the hair does take to color lifting and deposit.
Always use color samples as backup

3. Bleaching the net - When bleaching the net use 20/30/40 peroxide. When using 20 it will take much longer than 30 or 40. 20 volume would be best suggested to use if they are new to bleaching knots to avoid mistakes. 30/40 volume would be best to suggest to someone with a higher skill-set, as they know the hair will turn quickly and have a more trained eye as to when the lace is ready to be rinsed. Also make sure the bleach mixture is thick, so it does not bleed through the lace, creating hot spots (brightly colored orange patches) on base of lace bleeding through to the roots of wig unit

4. If the proper levels of peroxide and precautions are used as stated above whether new to coloring or professional, the hair WILL TAKE to color. Just as hair on the human head responds to color, 100% human hair on the weft, wig unit, closure, frontal and extension will respond as well.

5.Incorrect use of product
6. When too many products are used in the hair it creates product buildup which will not give optimal results for the hair. Minimal products will give optimal styling results.

7. The lace looks as if its thinning or balding in the top of unit
This refers to the lace on a closure, frontal, or wig unit and its construction (wig composed of 2 parts, the top: ventilated lace base and bottom: wefts sewn on a stretchy base). Closures and frontals are made using ventilation technique as well. This process is done by inserting one strand at a time into the lace to create a natural look mimicking the natural growth of hair and allowing a natural flow. Also with curly hair being tighter before being shampooed, the tight curl will make the wig scalp appear thinner. Once the hair is shampooed the ventilated hairs will distribute evenly.

8. Daily maintenance
Comb and brush hair daily, always keep on a mannequin head or store in a plastic bag as mentioned above.
9. Conditioning after pool water or salt water It's a must to advise customers to shampoo hair directly after coming out of any body of water.

Remind or Advise them this is not the final shampoo, this is just to remove chlorine or salt water from the hair, this shampoo will need to be followed with a moisturizing shampoo, then conditioning treatment.
Another trick is to add conditioner to the hair prior to entering water. This will help the hair to not become tangled while in a heavy body of water, as well as protecting the integrity of the hair.

10. Over exposure in sun
Yes this is a real thing! especially for blonds, N1B level are not to much of a worry on extensions hair but #613 need extra care. Advise them to use products with SPF to protect the color.

west kiss coupon code | bundles with closure | bundles and frontal

Re: Can I Dye My Hair Any Color I Like? by Cabardin: 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2022
Thank you
Re: Can I Dye My Hair Any Color I Like? by mollyfq: 3:38pm On Feb 22, 2022
I think anyone can dye their hair any color they like and looks good. If you suddenly decide to dye your hair and do not think beforehand about whether the chosen hair color is right for you, you may be disappointed instead of euphoric. The coloring of the hair in one tone - a noticeable trend. It will be useful for many people to know how to dye blonde hair black. So, when dyeing, my hair was a dark blond shade. I always wanted to be a brunette, and I dyed my hair black, but I did not learn how to dye my hair myself right away.

(1) (Reply)

Publishing /consultancy service / Femme Lounge Women Magazine / Success Is:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.