Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Sin Does Not Affect You The Sinner Alone - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sin Does Not Affect You The Sinner Alone (295 Views)

SIN Does Not Offend GOD: Here are 3 Things That Really Offends GOD / Which Sin Does Not Lead To Death? / Fasting Is Incredible. Are You A Sinner? Do This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sin Does Not Affect You The Sinner Alone by ochibuogwu5: 2:09pm On Aug 17, 2021
"IT IS NOT ABOUT YOU ALONE"

Proverbs 20:7
The righteous man walks in his integrity;His children are blessed after him.

2 Kings 10:30
And the Lord said to Jehu, “Because you have done well in doing what
is right in My sight, and have done to the house of Ahab all that was in My heart, your sons shall sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generation.”

What did Jehu do? He obeyed The Lord in destroying all the Prophets and Priests of Baal. He mobilized the people to burn down all the groves and the shrines of Baal. He cleansed the temple of Baal worship. He eliminated Ahab and Jezebel and all his sons including all closed friends of the king. He cleansed the land and there was fresh air of God's presence again. Then, God was happy and vowed to him to make him sit on the throne of Israel to the fourth generations. He had used his obedience to God to buy the throne for his children yet unborn.

This was exactly the case with Abraham:

Genesis 13:14-16
14. And the Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him:
“Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are—
northward, southward, eastward, and westward;
15. for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever.
16. And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered.

Because he heeded to the call of God to depart from his father's house to the land The Lord had prepared to establish for him, The Lord was happy with him and made a covenant with him and his descendants yet unborn. His obedience bought for his generations yet unborn the entire land of Canaan.

But what shall we say about the likes of Gehazi, Ham, son of Noah, Prophet Eli, etc, whose disobedience, unrighteousness and misdeeds got a covenant of anguish and curse for their children and generations yet unborn?

Proverbs 20:7
"The righteous man walks in his integrity; His children are blessed after him."

The Bible says the integrity of a righteous man secure a blessing for his children. How are you doing, Brother? How is your way of life before The Lord, Sister? Because if God is so happy with your life pattern, and He blesses you, you could be securing a permanent covenant of blessing for your children and grand children yet unborn.

That was the mistake of many people, they thought so many evil and unrighteous things they do is about their life alone. They thought their unfaithfulness before God is a personal thing. They thought if they refuse to fulfill the plans and purpose of God, it is a personal affair. they thought, if they decide to have affairs with their colleagues or bosses in the office, it is a personal affair.

But Joseph never thought so. Joseph possessed the revelation of the mind of God to understand that, he was a priest to the house of Jacob while he was in Portiphar's house. He knew he was carrying their destiny with him wherever he was going. He knew in the spirit, that the future of his children and the entire family was hanging on his neck. Actually, he was carrying the destinies of his children and the whole land of Egypt in Portiphar's house.

So, if he had slept with Portiphar's wife, the whole house of Jacob would have fallen; the whole lives he would deliver in Egypt would have been in jeopardy. If he had committed that adultery with the woman, would he have gone to the dungeon? If he did not go there, would he have met with the butler of the king who mentioned him before the king two years later? He would never have appeared before Pharoah either. Pharoah's dreams would not have got an interpretation and the seven years of surplus would have come and gone without any preparation for the draught coming.

What of the house of Jacob? They would have died of hunger with the rest of the land of Egypt. what of Judah? Could he have survived the seven year severe famine? If he had died of hunger, then, Jesse would never have been born. And David would never have existed. And...and the sons of David....would not have come. And...what about Jesus Christ...the Son of David? I don't know.

But I have taken you down the lane to see the terrible implication of a five minutes 'fun" Joseph would have had with Mrs Portiphar that afternoon. A whole lot of people born and unborn would have been affected negatively, by the 5 minutes enjoyment of a man who knew not his eternal worth. But thank God. Joseph possess a very sharp eyes of the future. He carried those people securely and safely to their destination without crashing the boat.

Some children of God thought their unfaithfulness and covetous spirit will have nothing to do with their children? It will. So also will your faithfulness, dedications, sacrifice and obedience.

It is just wise to understand that every unfaithfulness is a seed planted and every faithfulness and obedience to the will of God as Abraham did is a seed in the ground waiting for germination and harvesting in due time. Your sacrificial offerings, your tearful obedience before The Lord, your double or triple tithes and outrageous offerings are not for you alone, it is a seed in the ground for you, your children and a lot of people whose destiny hangs on your neck. If the Lord had called you into ministry and you had disobeyed Him, it is not a personal matter, it is a matter that will affect your life and your children and the lives of a lot of people you were billed to impact.

All those steadfastness in integrity in your office and at home, it is of a very great reward. While all those "smartness" and unrighteous "moves" in the church of God or in your office, though securely concealed, but are serious seeds in the ground for our children first, then, a lot of people whose destiny we carry.

May The Lord open our eyes more to see that the OPEN DOORS The Lord is placing before us require a lot of walking in integrity of heart and faithfulness unto God in Jesus name. Amen.

May I not distort the destinies of my physical and spiritual children with my "smart" but devious moves in Jesus name. Amen.

May I not leave behind a legacy of condemnation and colossal calamities for my physical and spiritual children in Jesus name. Amen.
- MIKE BAMILOYE
#mikebamiloyedevotionals

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Sean Pinder: POWERFUL Prayer For HEALING / Throwback Photo: Mike Bamiloye's Son And Granddaughter On Their First Birthday / Calm Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.