Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,684 members, 7,816,792 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

Couples Football Disaster - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Couples Football Disaster (184 Views)

Whose Name Should Be Put On documents of Properties Acquired By Married Couples? / Triplets Killed In A Fire Disaster In Jigawa (Photos) / Couples Hiding Their Earnings From Each Other, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Couples Football Disaster by brofmhsph: 10:49pm On Aug 17, 2021
*COUPLES FOOTBALL DISASTER*

MEMOIRS FROM PASTOR EMMANUEL'S OFFICE

By the time my wife, who cannot kick a ball straight, scored her 5th goal after I had scored 9 goals, I became interested in knowing why the other couple keeps loosing because they are yet to score any goal.

We actually went to minister in their state, they agreed to host us, because our flight isn't until the next day, we decided to spend that evening in their vast compound, as a couple's double date hang out.

We started with a football match and within 7 minutes, my team (my wife and I) had scored 14 goals.

Hmmmm

I studied the other couple to understand why they are loosing, the husband really believed that his wife is useless when it comes to football, so he tries to shine alone, when the ball is with his wife, he tackles her so he can get the ball for himself.

The wife was busy complaining, she wanted to prove herself to her husband that she too can play, she was trying so hard to copy the way my wife and I play, so she kept tackling her husband to get the ball from him so she could get his attention.

This means that instead of both of them to tackle the opponent, they were busy tackling one another. Each trying to prove a point and both of them loosing woefully as a team.

The funny thing is that, the husband had played more football in this year than I have played all my life. The wife could actually kick the ball straight, while my wife who can't kick a correct shot actually mistakenly scored all her goals.

Individually, they were better than we were in the football game but as a team, a disaster.

Wait, isn't this what happens in many marriages. We leave the devil and all external enemies and start tackling ourselves.

The husband, rather than celebrate his wife's strength and accept her weaknesses, he is busy comparing her with other women. When he is supposed to work with his wife as a team, he is trying to shine alone, to prove that he is a man. Rather than join forces with his wife, he is hiding secrets and doing things alone.

Check out the story of every man that fell, every man killed by side chick, every man that went into ruins, they were men who converted their partner to enemies but converted the external strangers into partners.

The wife usually has 101 reasons why her husband isn't doing things right, all she sees in him are reasons to tackle him and complain. Rather than being a partner, she becomes a self appointed coach. Rather than close her eyes to others and work on the realities of her own home, she wants to make her husband into the man in her head.

She actually submits to the pastors and other professionals but will never submit to her own husband.

This allows even the weakest enemies to come in and defeat the couple.

If one person alone can fight the battles, God wouldn't adviced us to marry. The Bible actually said, two are better than one.

Ecclesiastes 4:9,10&12 JFMV VERSION
*Two that have become one in accordance to God's marital injunctions are complete and more blessed than one who decided to stand alone, because the blessings attached to Godly union will come upon their labor. If one of them should fall into the trap of the enemy, there is a resident help to stand in the gap but destruction will easily befall anyone who prefers to stand alone because no one is close enough to notice the fall before it’s too late. When two become one in Godly union, God becomes the third person and no powers can prevail over them. Those who break the union are easy prey for attacks.*

God didn't bring you together so that you can do solo efforts. The external enemies are very united and very focused. The more you both keep tackling one another, the less your chances of winning.

Hmmmmm

I had to stop the football game to speak to the couple, it was then we discovered they brought all their family frustration to the field, they were acting out their unresolved issues and thus we were beating them silly in the game.

After they resolved their most important issues by simply agreeing that no one is better and no one is the looser. They decided to play against us as a team.

Ahhhhh

The last goal we scored before the short counseling was the last we were able to score in the entire game. They beat us silly. We stopped counting their goals after they scored their 42nd goal.

My wife and I practically ran away from the field. What a defeat. It's now our turn to have a football disaster. Smiles

I told the man, I should have waited till the end of the match before I counsel them.

Now back to you my reader, can you go back to your marriage, work as a team and stop giving the devil cheap victories.

Submit to one another, in marriage there is no winning partner or loosing partner. We either win together or loose together

Choose to win together from today

Just another day in the life of a marital counselor.

Femi Oluyamoju
JokeFemioluyamoju Marital Foundation

Re: Couples Football Disaster by daryordar: 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2021
Re: Couples Football Disaster by yuping(m): 11:34pm On Aug 17, 2021
More knowledge to you.

(1) (Reply)

Canada To Grant Permanent Residence To One Million Immigrants Between 2021 And 2 / Do You Struggle With Low Self Esteem? Watch This And Thank Me Later. / Read Bimpe's Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.