Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt (609 Views)

Elizade University Gets Full License To Operate / Slay Queens Celebrate As They Graduate From Imo State University (Photos) / Nigerian Man Graduates In Style, Gets Full Time Offer From Amazon In USA (photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by BornorBang: 7:04pm On Aug 18, 2021
A 20-year-old boy Kenneth Akobundu from Umuezeala Owere in Ehime Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State, who manufactured a mini-aircraft has been offered a scholarship by the Imo State Government to study in any university of his choice.

The scholarship was announced on Wednesday in Owerri, by the State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Declan Emelumba, after meeting with Akobundu, [url][/url] revealed.

He said the aim of the scholarship was to enable Akobundu, actualise his dream of becoming an aerospace manufacturer.

The Commissioner said: “Governor was not happy, that due to paucity of funds that the young man has not been able to accomplish his aim of fully manufacturing an aircraft to perfection.

“Worried of this situation, the governor has directed we meet with the young man and tell him that the government will take responsibility of his educational requirements to any university of his choice so that he can actualise his dream of constructing an aeroplane. This is a government of shared prosperity and it is part of this government agenda to encourage young people with such initiative to move to the next level and not allow this talent to waste.”

Earlier in his remark, Akobundu said his “20 years old, I had the intention of becoming a naval officer, but I keep seeing myself in the area of creativity and started constructing an aircraft when I was 17 years old, and by 2019 when I created an aircraft, I tried it, it did not fly and I continued in 2020 and by 2021, I was able to fix the aircraft and I succeeded in flying it.

“I test run it in my place, Ehime Mbano, it takes five minutes running before it will fly and I can fly for about three to four hours in the air. I can fly from there to the Imo Airport.”

“Today, I am very happy for this opportunity given to me by my governor, Hope Uzodimma, I never thought this will happen to me one day. The Imo government has brought me hope and I want to say thank you and I will not disappoint you.”

https:///20yr-old-boy-who-manufactured-aircraft-gets-full-scholarship-from-imo-govt/

Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by BornorBang: 7:08pm On Aug 18, 2021
Igbo Amaka!
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by chatinent: 7:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
Scholarship is not enough.

Build in him! That's a scientist we've got there!
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by Akporo1234: 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
chatinent:
Scholarship is not enough.

Build in him! That's a scientist we've got there!

Okay Sir
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by Ever8090: 7:31pm On Aug 18, 2021
Great....
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by Afamsi: 7:36pm On Aug 18, 2021
God gave Igbos brain, Mohammed gave some people dagger.
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by Akporo1234: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2021
Afamsi:
God gave Igbos brain, Mohammed gave some people dagger.

No loud am ooo
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by OkuFaba(m): 7:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
IGBO AMAKA crew let's gather here..

E go pain some people

1 Like

Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by KingMack(m): 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2021
Two little blackbirds
Sitting on the wall,
One named Peter,
One named Paul.*
Fly away Peter,
Fly away Paul.
Come back Peter,
Come back Paul.

Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by Akporo1234: 9:06pm On Aug 18, 2021
OkuFaba:
IGBO AMAKA crew let's gather here..

E go pain some people

We dey here
Re: 20yr Old Boy Who Manufactured Aircraft Gets Full Scholarship From Imo Govt by josh123(m): 11:07pm On Aug 18, 2021
Igbo's are talented in manufacturing, they have the talent like the Chinese. They are gifted.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Quarters, Semesters, And Trimesters? / School Of Nursing Past Questions And Answers PDF [updated] / A Lecturer In The University Or A Teacher In A Sec Sch, Which Is More Difficult?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.