Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,362 members, 7,812,032 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:43 AM

Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) (1005 Views)

Philippines Government Bulldozes 14 More Smuggled Luxury Cars,841 More To Follow / Nigerian Customs Seizes 23 Smuggled Cars / Do I Need To Pay Custom Duty If I Buy Innoson Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by Chrbhny: 9:53pm On Aug 18, 2021
Can i get original custom duty papers for a car that was brought into the country illegally?
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by pandax: 11:28pm On Aug 18, 2021
Chrbhny:
Can i get original custom duty papers for a car that was brought into the country illegally?

Enemy of the State. In a saner clime, life imprisonment await you.
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by seanfer(m): 5:58am On Aug 19, 2021
Chrbhny:

I will advice you not to try driving that car through Ore/Benin road. If you do just prepare to say Goodbye to the car. The customs on that road will show you pepper.
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by greatbrian(m): 12:51am On Aug 20, 2021
seanfer:

I will advice you not to try driving that car through Ore/Benin road. If you do just prepare to say Goodbye to the car. The customs on that road will show you pepper.

This is off the mark. He asked a different question and here you were with this old rhymes

3 Likes

Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by greatbrian(m): 12:52am On Aug 20, 2021
pandax:

Enemy of the State. In a saner clime, life imprisonment await you.

Out of point

1 Like

Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by greatbrian(m): 12:57am On Aug 20, 2021
Op its possible. But I feel once a car is registered customs hardly give such cars issues at all. The Nigerian plate number makes a lot of difference but that been said you can work into any custom head office and follow the prompt, Cos I feel its more of restitution than payment. I remember some times in pantani bayelsa state I was driving a new car if mine toks enroute calabar from Lagos and I was waved down by the customs we just had a chat and I even harboured there to eat. While there a g63 g wagon was stopped, and the custom paper was checked dude paid just 800k on the surface value of a 2018 car and he wasn't even the driver he was an errand boy. Las las after much ado they collected 20k from him to pass and he was advised by the agents there to either register the car asap or to to any custom office in owerri where the car destination was an pay more on the custom paper. So you should try it to.
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by 9icetoo(m): 6:50am On Aug 20, 2021
Chrbhny:
Do you mean a car brought into the country through the land borders?

No. You can't. Car will be seized if customs ever stop it for verification.

Don't be a victim. It's better to pay 1m on a car than to lose a car of 7m to customs due to greed. Be wise
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by Dododawa01: 7:40am On Aug 20, 2021
greatbrian:
Op its possible. But I feel once a car is registered customs hardly give such cars issues at all. The Nigerian plate number makes a lot of difference but that been said you can work into any custom head office and follow the prompt, Cos I feel its more of restitution than payment. I remember some times in pantani bayelsa state I was driving a new car if mine toks enroute calabar from Lagos and I was waved down by the customs we just had a chat and I even harboured there to eat. While there a g63 g wagon was stopped, and the custom paper was checked dude paid just 800k on the surface value of a 2018 car and he wasn't even the driver he was an errand boy. Las las after much ado they collected 20k from him to pass and he was advised by the agents there to either register the car asap or to to any custom office in owerri where the car destination was an pay more on the custom paper. So you should try it to.

He brought d car via land borders and that's illegal and if anybody tell u, he or she can do original for u, such a person is a fraud...
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by Alfred74: 7:58am On Aug 20, 2021
greatbrian:

This is off the mark. He asked a different question and here you were with this old rhymes

I fess dey wonder why you dey attack this post

greatbrian:

Na now I understand.You sef na criminal wey dey follow them dey encourage bad thing.If you want,register the motor with SPY plates.Customs go stop you ask for paper.If e show say you smuggle am enter,na Aduwawa the motor go rot.You people should give legit information on cartalk.Leave bogus crap to romance section abeg.A smuggled car will not phurking get genuine customs paper.shikena

1 Like

Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by greatbrian(m): 8:49am On Aug 20, 2021
Alfred74:

I fess dey wonder why you dey attack this post

Na now I understand.You sef na criminal wey dey follow them dey encourage bad thing.If you want,register the motor with SPY plates.Customs go stop you ask for paper.If e show say you smuggle am enter,na Aduwawa the motor go rot.You people should give legit information on cartalk.Leave bogus crap to romance section abeg.A smuggled car will not phurking get genuine customs paper.shikena

I didn't attack the post, imagine a scenario you realised after a while you got a car with a fake custom paper.
Re: Getting Custom Duty For Smuggled Cars (question) by greatbrian(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2021
This is a thread something similar was discussed. https://www.nairaland.com/3486803/what-car-no-custom-papers

(1) (Reply)

Rav 4 For Sale / How Durable Is 2002 Kia Optima? Any Known Issues? Please I Need Your Advice / What Influenced You To Buy Your Automobile?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.