Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,937 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

"How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady (1305 Views)

Housewife Pregnant For Stepson In Nasarawa, Caught In Bed Having Sex / Mum Falls Pregnant Via IVF Then Discovers She Was Already Pregnant With Twins / IVF Nigerian Babies: Twins, Triplets, Quadruplets (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by marvelck: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2021
40 + and Pregnant for the First Time

Meet Nigerian born nurse based in America, who got pregnant at 40, for the first time via IVF.

Read her experience and IVF journey so far, shared by her so as to encourage those trying to have kids to try IVF

In her words

I had plans on how I would slay in pregnancy. I thought it was gonna be a fashion jamboree for me. Slaying all the way, but it’s not been the case. The first trimester was a killer. The second trimester was a so so. At the start of the second trimester, I still had every now and then spurts of the so called morning sickness. I am now in my third trimester, the last lap you may say, but it comes with its ups and downs too. Pregnancies are different for women

During my first trimester, I couldn't even stand the smell of soap, lotion, deodorants, perfumes. I hated getting out of my recliner or getting up from floor when I curled up to avoid any noise around.

Pregnancy has truly been a sweet/pain experience for me. I am beginning to notice some changes on my body. My nose is starting to look like swollen; my lips are becoming fuller; my eyes appear swollen and tired.

As for make-up who cares anymore? My breast abhors getting put in place with a bra. I don’t even put undergarments anymore. And thanks to the pregnancy belt that I wear that helps me to carry my belly especially when I fell like my belly is stretching forth or baby is kicking back and forth. My legs are starting to look swollen too. I sleep more these days

What is IVF and how is it done?

In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a complex series of procedures used to help with fertility or prevent genetic problems and assist with the conception of a child.

During IVF, mature eggs are collected (retrieved) from ovaries and fertilized by sperm in a lab. Then the fertilized egg (embryo) or eggs (embryos) are transferred to a uterus. One full cycle of IVF takes about three weeks. Sometimes these steps are split into different parts and the process can take longer.

IVF is the most effective form of assisted reproductive technology. The procedure can be done using your own eggs and your partner's sperm. Or IVF may involve eggs, sperm or embryos from a known or anonymous donor. In some cases, a gestational carrier — a woman who has an embryo implanted in her uterus — might be used.

Your chances of having a healthy baby using IVF depend on many factors, such as your age and the cause of infertility. In addition, IVF can be time-consuming, expensive and invasive. If more than one embryo is transferred to your uterus, IVF can result in a pregnancy with more than one fetus (multiple pregnancy).

Your doctor can help you understand how IVF works, the potential risks and whether this method of treating infertility is right for you.

1 Like

Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by kestolove95(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2021
abeg shift comot
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by chatinent: 10:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
Ok
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by ojun50(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2021
Na complain you dey complain...na so you dey enlighten women more about IVF.
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 18, 2021
I was expecting to see detailed procedure of the Ivf insemination and all that. Anyways, interesting piece.

Mehn.. Pregnancy really changed her even though Ive not seen her before pics.

Safe delivery.
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by reubenobi(m): 11:18pm On Aug 18, 2021
Congratulations
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 18, 2021
chatinent:

I guess that's for the poo you ate the other day tongue. Kikikikiiii grin.

Don't ever do that to a pregnant woman. It's not gentle manly.

1 Like

Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by chatinent: 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2021
CharisEleos:

I guess that's for the poo you ate the other day tongue. Kikikikiiii grin.

Don't ever do that to a pregnant woman. It's not gentle manly.

Ok. I think I now understand the post better. Thanks.
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by Promiseibritam: 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2021
So woman dy dis NL?.
Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by GboyegaD(m): 12:46am On Aug 19, 2021
Congratulations madam and I wish you a safe delivery in advance.

When you are chanced, it will be nice to document the procedures for the IVF and cost implications (particularly if insurance covers a part of the IVF procedure) to help enlighten and encourage those who might want to go through the same route.

1 Like

Re: "How I Get Pregnant For The First Time At 40 Via IVF" - Nigerian Lady by lalasticlala(m): 11:36am On Aug 19, 2021
marvelck:

Lalasticlala, pls kindly move this to front page, so to enlighten women more about IVF.

Pls, put link to the source of the story

(1) (Reply)

##### Airtime Giveaway (July Edition): 1k Airtime Each For 10 People #### / Unemployed Graduate’s Wife Gives Birth To Quadruplets / For Goodness Sake, Protect Your Privacy And That Of Your Family On Facebook!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.