Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. (1176 Views)

Abubakar Shekau Dead; Commits Suicide During ISWAP Attack - Eons Intelligence / Abubakar Shekau Condemns Kano Death Sentence Of Yahaya Sherif Aminu / Abubakar Shekau Reaching Out To Mediators For Ceasefire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by Eastlink(m): 5:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

Ken Saro Wiwa was a terrorist?
Of course he was. A man who selfishly used his agitation to murder the golden generations of Ogoni political class deserves the label terrorist. Men who were far noble than him.

He brainwashed the youths to vent their anger on his political rivals in Ogoniland. That incident significantly dragged Ogoni behind and they've never found their voice politically in Rivers state since then.
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2021
Eastlink:
Of course he was. A man who selfishly used his agitation to murder the golden generations of Ogoni political class deserves the label terrorist. Men who were far noble than him.

He brainwashed the youths to vent their anger on his political rivals in Ogoniland. That incident significantly dragged Ogoni behind and they've never found their voice politically in Rivers state since then.

You are mostly not normal in Nigeria,
Even white people(people of another race) agreed to compensate Ogoni people for the trauma the exploration of oil has put them through, same thing Ken was agitating for,
I am not surprised it's black people that are ALWAYS the ones behind their own problems!
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by Eastlink(m): 7:02pm On Aug 20, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

You are mostly not normal in Nigeria,
Even white people(people of another race) agreed to compensate Ogoni people for the trauma the exploration of oil has put them through, same thing Ken was agitating for,
I am not surprised it's black people that are ALWAYS the ones behind their own problems!
I bet you are diverting from my argument. I’m talking about how he murdered the Ogoni political class and not him fighting for Ogoni clean up. Ogoni became a mess in the first place all thanks to Ken’s greed with Shell and when he fell out of favour, he used the cry for Ogoni oil spill to become relevant. A person who got contracts from the federal government on oil exploration in Ogoni when the going was good, suddenly became an environmental right activist when he fell out with the military. The tribunal who tried Saro-Wiwa might be a Kangaroo court, but those who testified against him in court where his fellow Ogoni’s.

The likes of Kobani who was buthered by Ken’s thugs fought more for Ogoni than Saro-Wiwa.
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Eastlink:
I bet you are diverting from my argument. I’m talking about how he murdered the Ogoni political class and not him fighting for Ogoni clean up. Ogoni became a mess in the first place all thanks to Ken’s greed with Shell and when he fell out of favour, he used the cry for Ogoni oil spill to become relevant.

WHITE PEOPLE OF ANOTHER RACE AGREED SHELL DESTROYED THE REGION!
SHELL HAS ACCEPTED THEIR RESPONSIBILITY AND HAS DECIDED TO PAY ALBEIT A TOKEN,
SHELL HAS HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR CASES WORLDWIDE!!!
SHELL WAS ABLE TO USE THE USELESS NIGERIAN ARMY (RUN BY SENSELESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU) TO KILL THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE AND STIFLE THEIR VOICE AND LABEL THEM TERRORISTS , HENCE THEY BECAME MILITANTS
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by Eastlink(m): 7:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

WHITE PEOPLE OF ANOTHER RACE AGREED SHELL DESTROYED THE REGION!
SHELL HAS ACCEPTED THEIR RESPONSIBILITY AND HAS DECIDED TO PAY ALBEIT A TOKEN,
SHELL HAS HUNDREDS OF SIMILAR CASES WORLDWIDE!!!
SHELL WERE ABLE TO USE THE USELESS NIGERIAN ARMY (RUN BY SENSELESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU) TO KILL THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE AND STIFLE THEIR VOICE, HENCE THEY BECAME MILITANTS
Shell destroyed the region yes. But who was the kingpin enjoying the monetary gains from Shell if not Saro-Wiwa? Kobani and the rest were politically irrelevant by the time Shell took hold of Ogoni land. Infact Saro-Wiwa gave Shell the hand in Ogoniland only to fall out of favour to become environment right activist.

The tribunal found him guilty and he was hanged for committing murder by pushing youths to butcher the Ogoni leaders.
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
Eastlink:
Shell destroyed the region yes. But who was the kingpin enjoying the monetary gains from Shell if not Saro-Wiwa? Kobani and the rest were politically irrelevant by the time Shell took hold of Ogoni land. Infact Saro-Wiwa gave Shell the hand in Ogoniland only to fell out of favour to become environment right activist.

It took white people to make you agree shell destroyed the region you claim you are from?
Saro-Wiwa gave shell the land in a military regime? You are obviously not OK!
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by Eastlink(m): 7:22pm On Aug 20, 2021
StaffofOrayan:

It took white people to make you agree shell destroyed the region you claim you are from?
Saro-Wiwa gave shell the land in a military regime? You are obviously not OK!
You are talking about my state here and stop listening to CNN propaganda of those who had scores to settle with Abacha. Abacha might be a dictator with how he went about assassinating NADECO activist. But in the case of Saro-Wiwa, dude removed sentiment and acted just. You cannot used Ogoni clean up to murder men who had family just like you. He pronounced them guilty and called on boys to kill the vultures. These men were not even in the military, neither did they have political appointment. If he had an issue with Shell, he should fight Shell and not divert his anger on his political opponent.

What MOSOP headed by Saro-Wiwa was in the early 1990’s is what Nnamdi Kanu is doing with IPOB. If Nnamdi Kanu calls that Igbo leaders be killed for their alleged involvement in operation python dance, and boys finally do it. Kanu will take the fall for it and be hanged had it happened.
Re: Simon Ekpa Is A Glorified Abubakar Shekau. by StaffofOrayan(m): 7:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
Eastlink:
You are talking about my state here and stop listening to CNN propaganda of those who had scores to settle with Abacha. Abacha might be a dictator with how he went about assassinating NADECO activist. But in the case of Saro-Wiwa, dude removed sentiment and acted just. You cannot used Ogoni clean up to murder men who had family just like you. He pronounced them guilty and called on boys to kill the vultures. These men were not even in the military, neither did they have political appointment. If he had an issue with Shell, he should fight Shell and not divert his anger on his political opponent.

What MOSOP headed by Saro-Wiwa was in the early 1990’s is what Nnamdi Kanu is doing with IPOB. If Nnamdi Kanu calls that Igbo leaders be killed for their alleged involvement in operation python dance, and boys finally do it. Kanu will take the fall for it and be hanged had it happened.

Unfortunately, Ken Saro Wiwa was fighting against a military without conscience, a multi billion dollar oil corporation and greedy and blind locals,
Have you ever wondered why companies like shell only get away with oil spill in majorly black nations?
If you still have a brain you will understand why,
You are most likely a Northerner if you can call the corrupt and brutal Abacha the victim, a man whose children and lackeys are still enjoying his loot while the SS are still grappling with 3%

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians’ll Feel Impact Of My Projects When I Leave Office In 2023 – Buhari / If South Can't Clinch The Presidency In 2023, How Certain Is 2031? / Igbo Women Goes Naked In Abuja High Court To Protest Arrest Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.