Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,416 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water (882 Views)

Urgent: What To Do After Your Smartphone Falls In The Water / Woman Falls To Her Death While Taking Selfie From Balcony (Photos) / Here's What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls Into Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Akinblogdotcom: 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2021
Dropping your smartphone into a bath, pool or toilet is one of the horrible things that can happen to the delicate device, but that doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world.

The few minutes after the incident will determine whether you will still be able to use your smartphone in the future or not.

But in this article, we have few things you can do if your smartphone falls in water.

Kindly be informed that these steps are for non-water resistant smartphones.

If you are using one of the latest smartphones, there is a high chance that it’s water-resistant and then the water damage on the device won’t be intense.

You can check your phone’s manual to find out what to do.

1. Put off the Smartphone
As soon as you have noticed that your smartphone fell inside water, the first thing you should do after taking it out of the water is to put it off.

This is because when the smartphone is still power on, the electrical charge flowing through its wet parts can lead to unwanted damage.

So putting off your device will help to prevent further damage to the parts and will also improve the chances that your smartphone will be able to function properly with slight or no negative effects.

READ MORE >>> https://www.akinblog.com/what-to-do-if-your-smartphone-falls-in-water/

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Goldbw122(m): 8:19pm On Aug 19, 2021
nice information.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by skywalker240(m): 9:00pm On Aug 19, 2021
Any Tecno or Infinix that falls inside water is done for

Forget it

E don kpafuka be dat

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Shuregirl: 7:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
Remembered when my camon 15 entered water, it was functioning for a while then it went blank, fear catch me sha, took like an hour before it came back on and started working fine.

Thank you for sharing btw

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by sunshineV(f): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2021
Shuregirl:
Remembered when my camon 15 entered water, it was functioning for a while then it went blank, fear catch me sha, took like an hour before it came back on and started working fine.

Thank you for sharing btw
wehdone sir

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Mohbola(f): 2:33pm On Aug 22, 2021
"After results from waterproof test, the device speaker stopped working, the screen got massive liquid damage. Touchscreen is completely unusable. This is clear that Xiaomi Mi 11 is not a waterproof device"
skywalker240:
Any Tecno or Infinix that falls inside water is done for

Forget it

E don kpafuka be dat
Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by skywalker240(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2021
Mohbola:
"After results from waterproof test, the device speaker stopped working, the screen got massive liquid damage. Touchscreen is completely unusable. This is clear that Xiaomi Mi 11 is not a waterproof device"
where did i said the Mi 11 is waterproof

madam there is a difference between

ip68 and ip53

in layman terms, there are difference between waterproof and SPLASH RESSISTANT undecided
Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by YangaBabe: 12:14pm On Aug 23, 2021
You can also put it in garri or rice so as to help with the drying, I once tried it on my tecno m3
Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Mohbola(f): 11:37am On Aug 29, 2021
skywalker240:

where did i said the Mi 11 is waterproof

madam there is a difference between

ip68 and ip53

in layman terms, there are difference between waterproof and SPLASH RESSISTANT undecided
shifting goal posts as usual grin you said any one that falls inside water means that's the end And I'm also telling you that if M11 falls inside water that's the end.
Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Jacku: 1:30pm On Aug 30, 2021
Very few phone is water resistant

1 Like

Re: What To Do If Your Smartphone Falls In Water by Eyanbahose: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2021
One has to be careful sha to avoid some kind occurrence. Even if my phone is waterproof or resistant, I'll still have to be very careful biko

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Infinix Note 12 Pro Review / A04s A13 A14 Spark 10pro Or Redmi Note 12 Which Should I Go For? / Nairaland Is Becoming Too Alarming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.