Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,018 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion (4832 Views)

Kalu: I Left $4 Billion Balance Sheet In My Companies Before Joining Politics / Seplat, Sahara Group, Heirs Oil In Race To Buy Shell’s $4 Billion Oil Stake / Meet First Nigerian Billionaire Who Was Worth Over $4 Billion In 1950s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Arizoner: 2:36am On Aug 20, 2021
International oil companies operating in Nigeria are owing the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) over $4 billion, the Minister of Niger Delta Development, Godswill Akpabio.

Mr Akpabio said this Thursday while briefing journalists at the State House in Abuja at the weekly briefing organised by the presidential communications team.

He said the NDDC law mandates IOCs to pay three per cent of their revenue to the agency, but oil firms have been defaulting for years. The NDDC was set up in 2001 as an interventionist agency to aid the development of the oil-rich Niger Delta.

“All of them have been defaulting and efforts are ongoing to get them to pay,” Mr Akpabio disclosed.
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/480136-oil-companies-owe-nddc-over-4-billion-minister.html

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Karlovych: 2:40am On Aug 20, 2021
embarassed embarassed Over 4 billion dollars is not an exact figure, what sort of dull clowns did the vegetable appoint? The worst part is they will bribe auditors if the institution is to be properly audited, shameless thieves

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Ever8090: 4:48am On Aug 20, 2021
Karlovych:
embarassed embarassed Over 4 billion dollars is not an exact figure, what sort of dull clowns did the vegetable appoint? The worst part is they will bribe auditors if the institution is to be properly audited, shameless thieves
oh.. so the corruption in NDDC that has been in existence from the first day of her creation is now the fault of the the vegetable?...and do you even care to read where it is mentioned that the dept runs trough many years, so how are you sure it is those appointed by the vegetable that is responsible for it?.
No wonder leadership in this country are comfortable looting because the masses are too gullible to realise that every level in governance has their own responsibility hence their normal attack on the central government alone.
Nigeria will be better and start moving forward only if the population of her citizens with such mentality decline...

8 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Sonnobax15(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2021
grin
Everybody just dey owe every for this country....

These oil companies,na why warri and bayelsa boys no dey gree for them be that....You can't be feasting on our resources and the same time be transporting our wealth to far away north lipsrsealed

Na so militants wahala take start for south south......

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by RealityKings: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2021
What are they doing with the money to the extent of owing
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Goldbw122(m): 6:37am On Aug 20, 2021
grin
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Morexa: 6:37am On Aug 20, 2021
Five content writers are needed to join a highly productive content writing team.

You will be paid 500,000 Naira

If you like to write articles and get paid for writing then this team/project is for you.
Thank you.

This opportunity is open to both experienced and new content writers.

Project Details : Content Writing For New and Experienced Content Writers

To signify your interest, send a message to

0 7 0 5 4 0 1 1 4 5 4
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by ecolime(m): 6:38am On Aug 20, 2021
They are always lying and looking for who to blame for their ineptitude.

Same way FIRS said Multichoice hasn't paid Taxes for years.

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by fasho01(m): 6:38am On Aug 20, 2021
Since the honorable minister was told to off his mic, he has been so quiet
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by AgroSeeds: 6:39am On Aug 20, 2021
At the current exchange rate of 520 per dollar in Lagos, 4 billion dollars is the equivalent of 2 trillion, 80 billio naira grin grin grin.... Nigeria sef. You people should continue. You are doing well.

Please agriculture is the new oil and the way forward. I sell agricultural seeds like Tomato, Pepper, Radish, Ugu, Cabbage, Cucumber and watermelon seeds. All hybrid.

Call or chat to patronise me today. Check my number below.

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by uuzba(m): 6:40am On Aug 20, 2021
When Agberos and area touts will be dragging side mirrors of busses in Lagos in the name of "owo mi da", no body will challenge them l.
Now Oyibo is owing Nigeria 3% of their oil revenue, you don't have power to go and drag thei own side mirror and slap their head.
You are writing story for us to read on Internet.
Go and drag them O! Go and collect that $4 billon owo da from them. Tear their cloth O!
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by ChiefAfonja: 6:40am On Aug 20, 2021
grin
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Nobody: 6:45am On Aug 20, 2021
The reality is beginning to show. Oh! I thought they said we have gas in reserve again. Hmmmm! Same people owing you will do that for you too. Right? Cos ours is to just present title of land and automatically start collecting 30 to 60% without contributing to developing it.

Well, the days of just sitting down and thinking natural resources is the thing is getting over. Oil is going to become obsolete and i see world power declaring a law criminalizing or outlawing oil exploration and mining soon. They will do it to promote their own new energy sources they have started promoting as clean energy. If Nigeria likes, make he sidon dey wait for dem to pay. Our mumu never do.

My only prayer is 2023 to come fast so these administration can go.

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by sommy03(m): 6:49am On Aug 20, 2021
My gosh shocked
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by solajacobs(m): 6:59am On Aug 20, 2021
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by sylve11: 7:16am On Aug 20, 2021
We have a very bad running system.

From NDDC to DESOPADEC na God we just need to intervene for these agencies. sad cool
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Druss(m): 7:25am On Aug 20, 2021
Let's do the Maths. Is NDDC saying that the IOCs have between 2001 and now realised 133 billion dollars from Nigeria in revenue?

Is NDDC saying they have not gotten money from the IOCs? I trust they realise that most IOC ventures are a partnership in some form between the IOC and the government i.e. NNPC.

This one is not giving full information. Also I thought it was 1% unless my memory fails me. When did it become 3%?
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 20, 2021
H
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by NigeriaLimited: 8:27am On Aug 20, 2021
The economy is owing heavy
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by NEIGHBOUR(m): 9:57am On Aug 20, 2021
What happened to the previous money paid by these Oil Companies? You don't deserve more money. The people are not feeling your impact.
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by frog12: 10:14am On Aug 20, 2021
MADNESSS.. grin grin grin grin
3 percent for what
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Flyingngel(m): 10:58am On Aug 20, 2021
Why is this thread not have a corresponding interaction? Oh! I remember it is BBNJ.
Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by COMPAQ(m): 11:43am On Aug 20, 2021
Druss:
Let's do the Maths. Is NDDC saying that the IOCs have between 2001 and now realized 133 billion dollars from Nigeria in revenue?

Is NDDC saying they have not gotten money from the IOCs? I trust they realize that most IOC ventures are a partnership in some form between the IOC and the government i.e. NNPC.

This one is not giving full information. Also I thought it was 1% unless my memory fails me. When did it become 3%?

Are you minding Akpabio! These guys in government don't even think and do their own sense check before reeling out numbers. This is the same way they keep saying $100bln is being owed by this, that and the other. And they are always spurious claims.

They had better go and look at who has been utilising the money from NDDC account. Once paid, how it is used (or stolen) from government account is not the business of the IOC's. I know for a fact that the IOC's have been paying. I was involved in a 2001-2019 review of NDDC payments for one of them and every kobo since 2001 based on that companies budgets has been appropriately paid.

And actually, it has always been 3% from inception. It was never 1%.

1 Like

Re: Godswill Akpabio: Oil Companies Owe NDDC Over $4 Billion by Emmanuelcann: 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2021
Oil coys pay up let them steal it and share sharparly!

(1) (Reply)

Sen Ekwerenmadu,his Dying Daughter And The Ogoni Fraudster, David Wamini / Proof That Igbos Can't Stay Without Electricity, World Picture At Night. / Ayu: As President, Atiku Will Hit Ground Running

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.