Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation (1264 Views)

The Supernatural Fire Dance Of The Itsekiris / Traditionalists Lay Curses On People Insulting Oba Of Benin On Social Media(pics / Oba Of Benin, Ewuare 5 Wives At His 2nd Coronation Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Isusugbaghada: 10:37am On Aug 20, 2021
Some 24 hours to the coronation of a new Olu of Warri, Itsekiri Kingdom, the Oba of Benin, Omo N’Oba N’Edo Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II, has emphasised the need for the Itsekiri kingmakers to adhere, strictly, to the norms, tradition and customs of their kingdom.

The Olu of Warri designate, Omoba Tsola Emiko, will on Saturday be crowned as the Olu of Warri at the ancient Big Warri, traditionally known as Ode Itsekiri.

Oba Ewuare II said that adequate observance of ancient traditions and customs of the land would preserve the cultural heritage of the Itsekiri Kingdom.

The Omo N’Oba spoke late Thursday when the Uwangue of Warri, Chief Gabriel Awala, led a delegation to his palace in Benin to formally inform him of the coronation of the new Olu, Omoba Tsola Emiko scheduled for Saturday, 21st August 2021.

The Benin monarch assured of the Benin palace’s support for the Olu designate, insisting that the “cultural and traditional ties between Warri and Benin kingdoms would be strengthened”.

The Benin monarch promised that a high powered delegation would be sent from his palace to the coronation of the new Olu.

Earlier, Chief Awala who led top Itsekiri chiefs to the Benin palace, informed the Benin monarch through Chief Brown Meme, that they were at his palace to formally inform the Oba of the crowning of a new Olu in Warri kingdom.

He described the relationship between Warri and Benin as cordial and that the Benin monarch would continue to be a father to all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Asgard73: 10:52am On Aug 20, 2021
Was thinking it should be Oni of ife.. not Oba of Benin

Wetin I know...

But Yoruba do claim ishekiri as kin.. Na wao.
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by jaeyking(m): 10:53am On Aug 20, 2021
What is the function of traditional rulers now in Nigeria sef..

So many rulers in Nigeria yet the masses dey suffer
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by sapientia(m): 11:03am On Aug 20, 2021
Good for those involved

jaeyking:
What is the function of traditional rulers now in Nigeria sef..

So many rulers in Nigeria yet the masses dey suffer

I'm glad they are not worth anything in Nigeria now

If they did not sell out on time, they would not have been rubbished

The law that will make them lose their office if they criticize government was made by their own people

Since they have outlived their usefulness, they should even be scrapped if they don't wake up to their responsibilities.
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Dartilo(m): 11:06am On Aug 20, 2021
No they must go to the Oni of Ife and formally inform him too or else
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Sunday2021: 11:08am On Aug 20, 2021
Why are they stopping the coronation of sultan if they can allow Itsekiri to do their coronation.
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by jaeyking(m): 11:09am On Aug 20, 2021
sapientia:
Good for those involved

I'm glad they are not worth anything in Nigeria now

If they did not sell out on time, they would not have been rubbished

The law that will make them lose their office if they criticize government was made by their own people

Since they have outlived their usefulness, they should even be scrapped if they don't wake up to their responsibilities.

I look at Nigeria then I observe that we created a system that even smallest can be reached by the government
In a state we have governor, senators, house of reps, l.g.a chairman, each individual wards councillor and in those wards we still have rulers who report directly to the coucillors

Yet I can see their use
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Daum: 11:27am On Aug 20, 2021
Asgard73:

Wetin I know...

Ehn the traditional families of the Itsekiris are originally from Benin
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by PlayerMeji: 11:41am On Aug 20, 2021
Benin is nearer to Itsekiri land than Ife.

So it is basically common sense to have both kingdoms pledge mutual allegiance to each other
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by ORIENTATION101: 11:44am On Aug 20, 2021
Asgard73:

Wetin I know...

the traditional stool is the only familarity they have with Benin aside that nothing else.

1 Like

Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by 143WaZoBia: 11:55am On Aug 20, 2021
Asgard73:

Wetin I know...

You don’t deserve any kind of response. This your comment has shown that you are not good for anything but mischievous comments.
I don’t understand yoruba matter in Benin Kingdom. Come crown a king in ile Ife without informing Ooni.
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Asgard73: 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2021
Daum:

Ehn the traditional families of the Itsekiris are originally from Benin

Thank you bro.
Re: Itsekiris Formally Inform Oba Of Benin On Coronation by Asgard73: 12:15pm On Aug 20, 2021
ORIENTATION101:
the traditional stool is the only familarity they have with Benin aside that nothing else.

Nic one .. been the reason Ife.

(1) (Reply)

Common Igbo Terms / Video: Little Kids Dancing Yoruba Dance / Does Your Name Determine Your Destiny?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.