Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,412 members, 7,830,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (1413) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3540719 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2019
nani667:

It is very possible... In the last Crossover event it was clearly stated that the Green Lantern is in one of the other Earths, and it was that Same dude in the picture I posted...

In the coming Crisis they will need all the manpower they can get, so expect the Green Lantern to make an appearance... Besides, in that last Crossover Batwoman made an appearance, just before her series kicked off... So in similar fashion the Crisis Event can also be a platform to launch Green Lantern wink

Firstly, the actor in that picture who is said to portray one of the Lanterns name is John Diggle and is related to Green Arrow. But the Real Black Lantern's name is John Stewart.

They can just name drop superhero characters, that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to show them even if they existed in the same Universe. They name dropped Batman in one of the crossovers that introduced Kate Kane's Batwoman, but does that mean Batman would be used in the Series? No. Why you see these characters on TV shows is cos WB has no plans for them yet on movie scene, that's why they use them. Have you seen Batman on the shows eg Gotham, Arrow.

I'm not expecting a Lantern much less Patrick Stewart's. HBO is set to produce the Green Lantern TV show, so I highly doubt how it would be given CW to ruin it. HBO is preparing its own DC properties Universe. Just like the Arrowverse is different from DC Universe (Titans-verse) streaming service, so it will be for HBO starting with Watchmen.

Besides the only next project from CW I heard is upcoming Superman TV show, since Arrow would be retiring.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2019
Achilles100:

The fight scenes are cringe-worthy. Some of the fight are as though they can see.

I think say na only me notice am. sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Is witcher out yet?

For where, you go wait till December kpa.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Babaheekmat: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2019
abduleez1:

For where, you go wait till December kpa.

The film go hot..

Series or movie
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 9:09pm On Nov 08, 2019
nani667:
Two episodes in... Better than I expected.. Will wait and see how the story unfolds, so far it has been decent... And Intriguing... And weird... The weirdest thing so far has to be that Wanking Queen... Her orgasm prayer technique is some next level sturvs undecided

Which series is this?

Aquaman ati Khal Drogo....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:17pm On Nov 08, 2019
Babaheekmat:

The film go hot..

Series or movie

Series
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:19pm On Nov 08, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Which series is this?

Aquaman ati Khal Drogo....

SEE
You dey whine or what. The tv show that has been causing firestorm and brimstone since it's premiere.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 9:23pm On Nov 08, 2019
abduleez1:

SEE
You dey whine or what. The tv show that has been causing firestorm and brimstone since it's premiere.

Whine? Lol grin

I just read the synopsis. People are divided on this show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2019
abduleez1:

Firstly, the actor in that picture who is said to portray one of the Lanterns name is John Diggle and is related to Green Arrow. But the Real Black Lantern's name is John Stewart.

They can just name drop superhero characters, that doesn't necessarily mean they are going to show them even if they existed in the same Universe. They name dropped Batman in one of the crossovers that introduced Kate Kane's Batwoman, but does that mean Batman would be used in the Series? No. Why you see these characters on TV shows is cos WB has no plans for them yet on movie scene, that's why they use them. Have you seen Batman on the shows eg Gotham, Arrow.

I'm not expecting a Lantern much less Patrick Stewart's. HBO is set to produce the Green Lantern TV show, so I highly doubt how it would be given CW to ruin it. HBO is preparing its own DC properties Universe. Just like the Arrowverse is different from DC Universe (Titans-verse) streaming service, so it will be for HBO starting with Watchmen.

Besides the only next project from CW I heard is upcoming Superman TV show, since Arrow would be retiring.

I know that the name of the black green lantern is John Stewart... That just means that John Diggle's counterpart in the other Earth is named John Stewart..., In the last Crossover the Flash that came from the alternate Earth recognised John Diggle as the Green Lantern in that Earth, and even asked him "where is your ring?"..., So with that it has been stamped that John Diggle is the Green Lantern.. Unless they change their mind or decide to use a different Character ✔️

they have already hinted about the Green Lantern in the previous Crossover... So I expect a Green Lantern Appearance in the next Crisis
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 08, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Whine? Lol grin

I just read the synopsis. People are divided on this show.

I swear. As in the show get as e be
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:33pm On Nov 08, 2019
nani667:

I know that the name of the black green lantern is John Stewart... That just means that John Diggle's counterpart in the other Earth is named John Stewart..., In the last Crossover the Flash that came from the alternate Earth recognised John Diggle as the Green Lantern in that Earth, and even asked him "where is your ring?"..., So with that it has been stamped that John Diggle is the Green Lantern.. Unless they change their mind or decide to use a different Character ✔️

they have already hinted about the Green Lantern in the previous Crossover... So I expect a Green Lantern Appearance in the next Crisis

Hmm, Is that so?? Well I already dumped the Arrowverse since Arrow season 3/4 and Flash season 3. CW na trash be that. They have converted Green Arrow to their own Batman and used his villains as Arrow villains. Wonder why they don't use his prominent villains.

News is HBO has ordered a Green Lantern series next year for $100mn. So I presume it's off the table for CW cos na waste them go waste am before. HBO has a better pedigree and brand recognition. Also it's shows are extremely popular and pop culture skewing. So it can be used to grow the Green Lantern Corps before it debuts in Live action DCEU movies.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2019
Bratking:

gbam. i felt like i was watching a parody. 4/10 on rotten tomatoes....3/10 on metacritic.

That first episode na beans. I gave it a 5/10. And that's cos of My Man Jason and other actors acting plus cinematography. The rest na horseshit.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2019
Achilles100:

Based on episode 1 and 2 I saw, SEE na trash abeg. Looks like what CW will produce.

Episode 1 na beans. I'm currently in episode 2. Looking slightly better than 1 but still subpar.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:44pm On Nov 08, 2019
nani667:
Two episodes in... Better than I expected.. Will wait and see how the story unfolds, so far it has been decent... And Intriguing... And weird... The blind fighting was funny... The weirdest thing so far has to be that Wanking Queen... Her orgasm prayer technique is some next level sturvs undecided

That fight scene they funny as fvck. And that Queen.......hmmm...... That prayer technique is truly COSMIC LEVEL STURVS.

You never see anything yet, the prayer technique even gets JUICIER. As she use other peeps as the link to her "prayer" and the creator. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Percival9(m): 10:34pm On Nov 08, 2019
abila122:

there are three episodes currently the fourth is coming out today and I can't wait to watch it.

I get bored by most series, but this one kept me glued.
Its sweet ooo... Its very interesting, unpredictable.. I'll watch ep4 too

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by aminusodiq(m): 2:46am On Nov 09, 2019
Capnd143:
this series is so good, I literary didn't know what else to do with my life after the first season ended
d best series iv Eva seen
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by aminusodiq(m): 2:47am On Nov 09, 2019
Percival9:
guys what can you say about LACASA DE PAPEL (MONEY HEIST)
absolutely d best series iv seen so far
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by aminusodiq(m): 2:52am On Nov 09, 2019
Ograke:

I don't mean to meddle into whatever it is going on between you and the other guy but I just want to chip this in.

I believe the major grouse of many people (including me) with Money Heist is that outside its entertainment value, the show falls flat.

To me, what makes an excellent show goes beyond entertainment. Plot depth and cohesion, brilliant characterisation, great cinematography and many more are just as or even more important.

I have seen all the three seaaons of Money Heist and while it is a great fun flick, it is riddled with a barrage of plot holes, needless character arcs/sub-plots and a host of others.

It is not as terrible as some people will make it look here, but definitely not as awesome as others are hyping it to be. It's a 6/10 show for me. It's just a fine show; not awful, but not outstanding either.

But of course, this is my personal opinion so...
trash.... I mean a bunch of trash u said upthere
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 4:54am On Nov 09, 2019
abduleez1:

abduleez1:

Hmm, Is that so?? Well I already dumped the Arrowverse since Arrow season 3/4 and Flash season 3. CW na trash be that. They have converted Green Arrow to their own Batman and used his villains as Arrow villains. Wonder why they don't use his prominent villains.

News is HBO has ordered a Green Lantern series next year for $100mn. So I presume it's off the table for CW cos na waste them go waste am before. HBO has a better pedigree and brand recognition. Also it's shows are extremely popular and pop culture skewing. So it can be used to grow the Green Lantern Corps before it debuts in Live action DCEU movies.

You're kinda mixing up the two HBOs. Green Lantern is being developed for WarnerMedia's new streaming platform, HBO Max. The well known premium cable HBO, won't be involved. HBO Max will be separate from HBO, and both will have their own separate originals;

HBO Max list of originals
- Search Party (dark comedy)
- The Boondocks (Adult Animation comedy)
- Doom Patrol (Superhero Comedy)
- Green Lantern (Superhero science fiction)
- The Flight Attendant (Dark Comedy)
- Etc

HBO list of Originals for 2020
- Westworld
- The Outsider
- Lovecraft Country
- The Undoing (miniseries)
- Perry Mason (miniseries)
- The Third Day (miniseries)
- The Plot Against America (miniseries)
- I Know This Much is True (Miniseries)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Barry
- Righteous Gemstones
- The New Pope
- Run
- Industry
- Betty
- January 22nd (miniseries)
- My Brilliant Friend: The Story of a New name
- High Maintenance
- Room 104
- Insecure
- Los Espookys

HBO max will mainly focus on adult-oriented dark comedies, while HBO will cover every genre, as per usual.

Watchmen was originally intended to be a one-off (miniseries) for HBO, but things could change, depending on reception. And in the slight possibility that a season 2 gets okayed, it will definitely migrate to HBO Max.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 6:27am On Nov 09, 2019
abduleez1:

That fight scene they funny as fvck. And that Queen.......hmmm...... That prayer technique is truly COSMIC LEVEL STURVS.

You never see anything yet, the prayer technique even gets JUICIER. As she use other peeps as the link to her "prayer" and the creator. grin

That prayer scene off me.. Imagine a prayer scene like that was included in a nollywood drama.. All hell will break loose.

Some writter are crazy sha.. How you gon sit down and think of something like that?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 6:41am On Nov 09, 2019
realestniggah:

That prayer scene off me.. Imagine a prayer scene like that was included in a nollywood drama.. All hell will break loose.

Some writter are crazy sha.. How you gon sit down and think of something like that?

That's the creativity and freedom that religiously brainwashed Nollywood directors/screenwriters lack
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by henrydadon(m): 8:21am On Nov 09, 2019
abduleez1:

You mean ORGASMIC Level connection between her and her God. Wild stuff.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 09, 2019
JeromeBlack:

That's the creativity and freedom that religiously brainwashed Nollywood directors/screenwriters lack

It's not so much religiously brainwashed as it's knowing your audience. A film with profane content wouldn't do well in the Nigerian market.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by realestniggah: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It's not so much religiously brainwashed as it's knowing your audience. A film with profane content wouldn't do well in the Nigerian market.

You are wrong it would..sex sells, everyone know that.Why do you think shows like bbnaija have so much success..bbnaija thrive on the profane content you are talking about.. Nigerians are bloody hypocrite. Condemn it online, watch it offline.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JeromeBlack: 10:10am On Nov 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Yes. That is true. However, we should also look at the fact that Hollywood directors also push blasphemous and controversial art that the American consumer would revolt against.

It is in the western man to challenge the status quo and push his freedom of expression to the limit.

Nigerians just like rinse and repeat. Conformity

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:04am On Nov 09, 2019
Treadstone kiss
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:39am On Nov 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

You're kinda mixing up the two HBOs. Green Lantern is being developed for WarnerMedia's new streaming platform, HBO Max. The well known premium cable HBO, won't be involved. HBO Max will be separate from HBO, and both will have their own separate ;

HBO Max list of originals
- Search Party (dark comedy)
- The Boondocks (Adult Animation comedy)
- Doom Patrol (Superhero Comedy)
- Green Lantern (Superhero science fiction)
- The Flight Attendant (Dark Comedy)
- Etc

HBO list of Originals for 2020
- Westworld
- The Outsider
- Lovecraft Country
- The Undoing (miniseries)
- Perry Mason (miniseries)
- The Third Day (miniseries)
- The Plot Against America (miniseries)
- I Know This Much is True (Miniseries)
- Curb Your Enthusiasm
- Barry
- Righteous Gemstones
- The New Pope
- Run
- Industry
- Betty
- January 22nd (miniseries)
- My Brilliant Friend: The Story of a New name
- High Maintenance
- Room 104
- Insecure
- Los Espookys

HBO max will mainly focus on adult-oriented dark comedies, while HBO will cover every genre, as per usual.

Watchmen was originally intended to be a one-off (miniseries) for HBO, but things could change, depending on reception. And in the slight possibility that a season 2 gets okayed, it will definitely migrate to HBO Max.

Nope I perfectly understand the difference between both: HBO and HBO Max. I just didn't stated it much, since I assumed he knows about the upcoming streaming platform, especially as he is a DC fan and is conversant with happenings within it. HBO is the premium pay tv network which houses the Watchmen series; while HBO Max the streaming service will house the in development Green Lantern.

I desist from stating the differences because essentially HBO Max is going to have almost all programmings of HBO; and also going to get additional content from WarnerMedia other media producers eg. WB, DCEU, CNN, Cartoon Network, TBS etc. amongst its own Originals lineup.

Yep, they are both going to be independently run separate from each other.
Watchmen Season 2 have already been greenlit and is moving to HBO Max.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:43am On Nov 09, 2019
henrydadon:

You mean ORGASMIC Level connection between her and her God. Wild stuff.

LMAO how you take know say na wetin I wan talk be that. I just intentionally twist am. grin grin grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 09, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Thank you. A movie is first and foremost a vehicle to make money. No one is going to fk with a winning formula.

If solo had not bombed, we would still be having Star Wars story movies cry

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Bigsteveg(m): 1:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
Achilles100:

No time to say No time

Hello kindly share the site you are downloading this movies from, thank you
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 09, 2019
realestniggah:

You are wrong it would..sex sells, everyone know that.Why do you think shows like bbnaija have so much success..bbnaija thrive on the profane content you are talking about.. Nigerians are bloody hypocrite. Condemn it online, watch it offline.

- First, BBN is a reality program.
- Second, BBN is not Nollywood.
- Third, BBN is more South African than Nigerian.
- 4th, BBN is a cable program , and thus, doesn't fall under NFVCB jurisdiction.
- 5th, I don't know what BBN has to do with anything.
- 6th, In Nigeria, sex sells, but only when it doesn't undermine our constitutional laws, or socio-economic values.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 09, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Yes. That is true. However, we should also look at the fact that Hollywood directors also push blasphemous and controversial art that the American consumer would revolt against.

It is in the western man to challenge the status quo and push his freedom of expression to the limit.

Nigerians just like rinse and repeat. Conformity

"A customer is always right."

It may not always be true, but it's the reality. You have to endeavor to give the consumers what they want, not what you think they want. If you give them what you think they want, your product will be dead-on-arrival.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1410) (1411) (1412) (1413) (1414) (1415) (1416) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: sammycarz(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.