Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,444 members, 7,861,270 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3586440 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) ... (2837) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Classickj(m): 9:48am On Feb 18, 2022
Iamyemmie:
Peacemaker is not the regular serious superhero show
Kinda like comedy to me though
The intro to the show sef funny
So me likey
Is it pack with action / fighting or just comedy alone
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2022
Classickj:

Is it pack with action / fighting or just comedy alone
It has action
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 10:45am On Feb 18, 2022
I think the "weekly release" favours the network more. For me, I haven't followed shows weekly in the past 2 years, I normally wait for the shows to finish airing before binging so i still lean towards the Netflix method.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 10:45am On Feb 18, 2022
OhBritannia:
7 days to go.
I am ready, infact my Blood dey hot and since it's Netflix, we don't have to wait for every seven days for new episodes.
Is it the continuation of the old Viking?
Or this is a new one?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Iamyemmie: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2022
oyaskii:
I think the "weekly release" favours the network more. For me, I haven't followed shows weekly in the past 2 years, I normally wait for the shows to finish airing before binging so i still lean towards the Netflix method.
For the network weekly is good cause it creates more buzz
But for we watching it I prefer seeing all at once
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:49am On Feb 18, 2022
Now here's how you flex your power... cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 10:52am On Feb 18, 2022
OhBritannia:
7 days to go.
I am ready, infact my Blood dey hot and since it's Netflix, we don't have to wait for every seven days for new episodes.
na another Vikings Series? Or na dat same old Vikings?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:59am On Feb 18, 2022
1. Vikings: Valhalla

2. House Of The Dragon

Can't wait.....

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 11:04am On Feb 18, 2022
abduleez1:
Now here's how you flex your power... cheesy
The stakes are so high now so this better bangs.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:19am On Feb 18, 2022
DieRich5:
na another Vikings Series? Or na dat same old Vikings?
It's another but it's set many years after the end of the original vikings so it's connected to the old vikings by names of towns like kathegats and names of heroes like Ragnar.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:20am On Feb 18, 2022
Iamyemmie:

Is it the continuation of the old Viking?
Or this is a new one?
A new one set after the old one ended like a thousand years after.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:20am On Feb 18, 2022
Oboy!!! This is going to be an epic battle, i can't wait

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:28am On Feb 18, 2022
Guys i hope you are all ready.
9 days to go grin by the order of the peaky blinders.
February 27 is the day cool cool cool shocked cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nsT9uQPIrk

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:52am On Feb 18, 2022
OhBritannia:
A new one set after the old one ended like a thousand years after.

Nope. It's not necessarily new. It's a sequel to the first set hundreds of years later not "thousands".

About two hundred years ago or so after the events of the first Vikings show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:53am On Feb 18, 2022
oyaskii:
The stakes are so high now so this better bangs.

Yep. Really BIG expectations...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:59am On Feb 18, 2022
Weekly remains the BEST format.

Weekly makes you love more or connect more with a story as u anticipate weekly. Also sticks to the memory more than something I binged in 8-10hrs in a day. That way shows leave a lasting memory.

Of course, Netflix has shows like Squid Game, Bridgerton etc but those are the exception and comes sparsely.
Weekly is what made GOT gain the influence it became to Pop Culture.

Bingeing makes u rush through a show trying to avoid SPOILERS most times.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:05pm On Feb 18, 2022
oyaskii:

There are some shows that needs the weekly treatment. Like Midnight Mass that faded out after first week even tho it was brilliant and exceptional.

Amazon no be mumu wey ditch their all at once plan for weekly during Wheel of Time release. Same as The Boys S2. People forget we watched The Boys as a binge watch in S1 but in S2 the buzz went bonkers and show became truly global. Same goes for Invincible. And I'm definitely not expecting binge watch for LOTR.

Disney+ and Apple TV sef know as e dey go.
People still have the choice to wait till all episodes release and still watch all at once.

This sums up how I feel. ↓↓

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 12:28pm On Feb 18, 2022
abduleez1:

There are some shows that needs the weekly treatment. Like Midnight Mass that faded out after first week even tho it was brilliant and exceptional.

Amazon no be mumu wey ditch their all at once plan for weekly during Wheel of Time release. Same as The Boys S2. People forget we watched The Boys as a binge watch in S1 but in S2 the buzz went bonkers and show became truly global. Same goes for Invincible. And I'm definitely not expecting binge watch for LOTR.

Disney+ and Apple TV sef know as e dey go.
People still have the choice to wait till all episodes release and still watch all at once.

This sums up how I feel. ↓↓
Apart from Netflix for the now, I think going forward the weekly release will be the main stay, beacause as the budget of these shows becomes bigger so the network will want to make them worthwhile and get their money's worth. Ain't no way Amazon spending those millions of Us dolls on LOTR or Apple on "See" to now rush and release them in one day.

At bolded... I'm clearly one of such people. I don't have the patience to be left hanging in suspense, so I will rather just have patience and wait till the whole thing airs before I see it but I am playing a very dangerous game avoiding spoilers cool wink..Been playing cat and mouse with Peacemaker spoilers for about about 6 weeks now, I have practically muted anything concerning it on twitter but you see the people on this thread... unforgiving with spoilers I tell you grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kolena: 12:43pm On Feb 18, 2022
shurlar50:
The walking dead really redeemed itself with this season 11��
I'm telling you bro. I'm patiently waiting for episode 9.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 12:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
OhBritannia:
It's another but it's set many years after the end of the original vikings so it's connected to the old vikings by names of towns like kathegats and names of heroes like Ragnar.
okay, I didn't end the old Vikings but I'll watch dis
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:57pm On Feb 18, 2022
Well i think the anticipation for new episodes weekly is why networks has decided to stick to weekly releases and not necessarily for profits.
Netflix still remains one of the richest irrespective of their pattern of release and shows like the Witcher, Money heist, elites, kingdom ( south Korea), squid games and Many more all made headlines world wide for weeks even months, irrespective of the pattern of their release on Netflix.
One thing is certain, a good show is a good show and irrespective of the release, the public will receive it with how the show is good and not how it was released.
I know the run time of series are larger but movies like spiderman, Batman, wonder woman and many more movies all made billions in the box office and these movies are released once.

My point is that, a good show will headlines social media and all magazines and news channels all over the world, the pattern of release has no effect on it.
Take a look at bridgerton and how it was received all over the world even though it's Netflix.
Take a look at teen wolves.
Sex education.
13th reasons why.
Stranger things.
Queen's gambit.
The crown.
These are shows that all episodes were released the Same day and yet they made headlines and major talking points all over the world.

Remember back in the days when we haven't known much about downloading, most of us watched major Series on DVD and we all watched it at once.
Shows like zena warrior princess, Merlin, even Spartacus, we all watched this shows at once on DVD back in the days.
Some of us even watched the season one of the games of thrones on DVD at once and we even enjoyed it to the fullest.
They were talking points in our schools, what of South Korea shows like jumong?
We all watched each season at once on DVD back in the days.

So whether a show is released every week or at once, it makes no difference as long as the show is a good show.

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DieRich5: 1:32pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nice points tho, series wey good go trend ND mk Money.....last year almost all Netflix series trend even tho it release once.......... weekly released Dy weak person self person go Dy watch 10 different Series every week ND using main data for it
the reason many people Dy watch weekly series na cus of spoiler, if not many go wait till the show complete and this is the reason why Netflix will still be the best cus of how Dem release dere series.
OhBritannia:
Well i think the anticipation for new episodes weekly is why networks has decided to stick to weekly releases and not necessarily for profits.
Netflix still remains one of the richest irrespective of their pattern of release and shows like the Witcher, Money heist, elites, kingdom ( south Korea), squid games and Many more all made headlines world wide for weeks even months, irrespective of the pattern of their release on Netflix.
One thing is certain, a good show is a good show and irrespective of the release, the public will receive it with how the show is good and not how it was released.
I know the run time of series are larger but movies like spiderman, Batman, wonder woman and many more movies all made billions in the box office and these movies are released once.

My point is that, a good show will headlines social media and all magazines and news channels all over the world, the pattern of release has no effect on it.
Take a look at bridgerton and how it was received all over the world even though it's Netflix.
Sex education.
13th reasons why.
Stranger things.
Queen's gambit.
The crown.
These are shows that all episodes were released the Same day and yet they made headlines and major talking points all over the world.

Remember back in the days when we haven't known much about downloading, most of us watched major Series on DVD and we all watched it at once.
Shows like zena warrior princess, Merlin, even Spartacus, we all watched this shows at once on DVD back in the days.
Some of us even watched the season one of the games of thrones on DVD at once and we even enjoyed it to the fullest.
They were talking points in our schools, what of South Korea shows like jumong?
We all watched each season at once on DVD back in the days.

So whether a show is released every week or at once, it makes no difference as long as the show is a good show.

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nova15: 1:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
Peacemaker - 9/10

James Gunn is a genius. This guy has just redefined Comic Book series for DC universe.

A Ray of Hope from all that crap the CW has been churning out for the past decade.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 1:42pm On Feb 18, 2022
Teen Wolf is MTV unless there's another one on Netflix.

OhBritannia:

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:50pm On Feb 18, 2022
MJBOLT:
Teen Wolf is MTV unless there's another one on Netflix.

true, that's a mistake, i thought it was a Netflix show.
It's been long i saw teen wolves though, i think i stopped in season 3.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
DieRich5:
Nice points tho, series wey good go trend ND mk Money.....last year almost all Netflix series trend even tho it release once.......... weekly released Dy weak person self person go Dy watch 10 different Series every week ND using main data for it
the reason many people Dy watch weekly series na cus of spoiler, if not many go wait till the show complete and this is the reason why Netflix will still be the best cus of how Dem release dere series.
Very true.
Personally i prefer Netflix style 100%.
How can i be watching more than 5 shows at once?
At a point it even gets boring, like you just get tired of the whole thing.
One fact is that people that waits for all episodes of weekly shows to be released before watching, enjoys it more than people that watches every week.
And Because of the time factor, some people even loose memories of what happened in some previous episodes unlike the neflix style where everything is still fresh in your memory.
But nevertheless, a good show will always trend.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MJBOLT: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2022
they had 6 seasons

OhBritannia:
true, that's a mistake, i thought it was a Netflix show.
It's been long i saw teen wolves though, i think i stopped in season 3.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2022
oyaskii:
Apart from Netflix for the now, I think going forward the weekly release will be the main stay, beacause as the budget of these shows becomes bigger so the network will want to make them worthwhile and get their money's worth. Ain't no way Amazon spending those millions of Us dolls on LOTR or Apple on "See" to now rush and release them in one day.

At bolded... I'm clearly one of such people. I don't have the patience to be left hanging in suspense, so I will rather just have patience and wait till the whole thing airs before I see it but I am playing a very dangerous game avoiding spoilers cool wink..Been playing cat and mouse with Peacemaker spoilers for about about 6 weeks now, I have practically muted anything concerning it on twitter but you see the people on this thread... unforgiving with spoilers I tell you grin

At bolded, True. I couldn't agree more.

There are some shows I just can't have enough of them and watch them all at once. I'm also that binge kinda person but HBO's GOT changed me into weekly man. The spoilers I woulda received for S7&8 no be here.

I stopped Peacemaker at Ep5 to get more EPs but the spoilers from this thread ehn has been unforgiving as u said. Now I know about the big reveal. angry
I managed to escape SPOILERS from Film Twitter but this place no one cares who's ox is gored.

Will complete it today to get up to speed.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2022
Nova15:
Peacemaker - 9/10

James Gunn is a genius. This guy has just redefined Comic Book series for DC universe.

A Ray of Hope from all that crap the CW has been churning out for the past decade.

DC has had good shows for the past 4yrs. It's there if you don't limit yourself to thinking only CW produce DC content.

There's: Swamp Thing, Doom Patrol and Watchmen TV show that redefined Superhero genre in TV. There's also Superman and Lois, Star Girl and Sweet Tooth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2022
abduleez1:

Dude doesn't understand Dark Comedy.

It doesn't work the way normal comedies works. If u don't get the references in Dark comedies you get lost. That's what makes them feel kinda forced since u don't get it.
The guy na just one olodo trying to form smart.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 4:01pm On Feb 18, 2022
abduleez1:
Man the pushback from British fans no be here. Overwhelming...

This is kinda difficult to pull off. lipsrsealed
Have you seen the comments section of the latest LotR trailer? Folks are spamming LotR quotes in the comments, in different languages
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Treyknowles(m): 4:02pm On Feb 18, 2022
Kolena:

I'm telling you bro. I'm patiently waiting for episode 9.

Episode 9 is out now, I Don watch am since monday

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2139) (2140) (2141) (2142) (2143) (2144) (2145) ... (2837) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Chibudollar and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.