Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3543026 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) (2339) (2340) (2341) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2022
abduleez1:

Yea, asides from The Boys which was brilliant Amazon kinda lags a bit. I don't usually count Invincible cos it's animation. Animation guys have it easy doing adaptations compared to live action.
Great reminder on Reacher, I almost forgot about this show. It was brilliant and a honest to God adaptation. Pretty loved it and rank it above the Tom Cruise movies.

Although, the adaptations I'm mainly focusing on is the Fantasy genre comparing all major streamers or network's pedigree.

I don't know, making live action Fantasy adaptations has always been an entire ballgame on its own in Hollywood. They always have this issue of being faithful to the original work and pleasing everyone. I don't know, maybe it's just my belief.

Doing some roll call from the top of my head in terms of recent Fantasy adaptations:
HBO has Game of Thrones and His Dark Materials, as well as Lovecraft Country & The Outsider.
Netflix with The Witcher and Shadow and Bone.
Amazon just has WOT at the moment.

Let's wait and see what Disney+ does with Percy Jackson. Na observation mode now sha.

Amazon also got Carnival Row & Upload..

I'm not too keen on that Disney+ PJ for now.. of all streaming services, they got the most FAM & PG 13 shows.. which mostly isn't satisfying to me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2022
abduleez1:

There's a WB LOTR anime movie coming to theatres in 2024 — War of The Rohirrim.
Lol, Netflix has big budget The Sandman coming this August as well as The Witcher: Blood Origin later this year (prolly December).

If we talking fantasy animation, Netflix is on a roll with Arcane, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf, Blood of Zeus, Castlevania.

Yea sure Netflix are the winners in that aspect and i think they deliver 9/10

I'm not so hyped for that Sandman but i guess it might blow my expectations of it

Is the Blood Origin a spin-off or something?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:39pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

Yea sure Netflix are the winners in that aspect and i think they deliver 9/10

I'm not so hyped for that Sandman but i guess it might blow my expectations of it

Is the Blood Origin a spin-off or something?

Mehn, The Sandman is Fantasy fvvkery and genre bending. If it's anything like the comics then Netflix got gold on its hands. The fanbase for the universe as well as the author is huge. I just pray they don't butcher it, but so far judging from the trailer I feel the comics vibes already. The main reason I'm putting faith in it is causw the Author Neil Gaiman is the showrunner and heavily involved in the adaptation.

Blood Origin is spinoff prequel dating 1,200 years of events before The Witcher TV show. It'll show the history of the world and very much show how influential The Mages and Elves were then before retired to second class citizens as well as feature the first Witcher(s) created.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:45pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

Amazon also got Carnival Row & Upload..

I'm not too keen on that Disney+ PJ for now.. of all streaming services, they got the most FAM & PG 13 shows.. which mostly isn't satisfying to me

Damn, thanks for the reminder, I've forgotten how good Carnival Row was.

Yea, Disney has this annoying kids oriented obsession that might spoil things for most people. I'm not really anticipating PJ but I got it in my sights. I'm a sucker for Fantasy. I hope the flop movies will guide Disney how not to fvvk up an adaptation.

Asides from their Marvel content and maybe Star Wars I don't take that service seriously. Apple TV dey ahead of them for me sef.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 11:01pm On Jul 18, 2022
abduleez1:

Damn, thanks for the reminder, I've forgotten how good Carnival Row was.

Yea, Disney has this annoying kids oriented obsession that might spoil things for most people. I'm not really anticipating PJ but I got it in my sights. I'm a sucker for Fantasy. I hope the flop movies will guide Disney how not to fvvk up an adaptation.

Asides from their Marvel content and maybe Star Wars I don't take that service seriously. Apple TV dey ahead of them for me sef.

Mhmm Apple TV is even ahead of Netflix in matured & quality content for me

Who doesn't love some fantasy cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 11:06pm On Jul 18, 2022
abduleez1:

Mehn, The Sandman is Fantasy fvvkery and genre bending. If it's anything like the comics then Netflix got gold on its hands. The fanbase for the universe as well as the author is huge. I just pray they don't butcher it, but so far judging from the trailer I feel the comics vibes already. The main reason I'm putting faith in it is causw the Author Neil Gaiman is the showrunner and heavily involved in the adaptation.

Blood Origin is spinoff prequel dating 1,200 years of events before The Witcher TV show. It'll show the history of the world and very much show how influential The Mages and Elves were then before retired to second class citizens as well as feature the first Witcher(s) created.

Wait the Sandman got a Movie right?

This Blood Origin will make sense gan!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:08pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

Mhmm Apple TV is even ahead of Netflix in matured & quality content for me

Who doesn't love some fantasy cool
Same here.
In terms of quality, HBO first and foremost, Apple TV next, then Netflix, Disney+. Paramount+ and Universal's Peacock are still jokers for the main time. Although Paramount is getting somewhat serious recently.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 18, 2022
FergieRaww:

Wait the Sandman got a Movie right?

This Blood Origin will make sense gan!

Nope. The Sandman is a TV show. Although several attempts at producing a movie have failed to come to fruition over the years.
The closest to anything Sandman universe related is Lucifer which is a huge diversion from the comics at best.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IamMobisola(f): 6:22am On Jul 19, 2022
Just finished watching:
The Witcher; patiently waiting for Season 3
New Amsterdam; a masterpiece, patiently waiting for the last Season 5.
The Rookie; was amazing but I got confused at the Season 4 finale sad sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CAPdan21(m): 10:40am On Jul 19, 2022
Who's watching the black bird limited series...Apple tv really killing with mad content!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 10:48am On Jul 19, 2022
My my my... how did I miss watching Small Axe earlier?
Episode 1 was absolute best. 10/10 and plus 10 more.
The acting was next level after the highest level possible.
To say I'm super impressed is an understatement.
Small axe episode 1 is just excellent.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FBS: 11:59am On Jul 19, 2022
The undoing. Didn't finish episode 1. Deleted.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2022
All the TV shows I am following are either on break or concluded.

Time to switch to Movies cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 12:57pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2022
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IbrahimMav: 2:48pm On Jul 19, 2022
For All Mankind (2019)

S3.....9/10

Great season.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 2:49pm On Jul 19, 2022
The boys finale
5/10
Why do series make masterpieces in the begin only to drop below par finale
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IbrahimMav: 4:18pm On Jul 19, 2022
IbrahimMav:
For All Mankind (2019)

S3.....9/10

Great season.

Wow this season still has 4 more episodes to go.
Nice....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:36pm On Jul 19, 2022
Becoming Elizabeth episode 6 is 100/10 for me.

omor!! if you ain't seeing becoming Elizabeth then you are missing, this is now to me the best series of 2022 pending the coming of house of Dragon and ring of power.

this episode 6 should teach men the biggest lessons of life.
if as a man you finish watching this episode 6 and you don't have sense, it means you will never have sense again in your life.
Well let me not spoil the series for i may not know those that haven't seen episode 6 or still in earlier episodes.
but this episode broke my heart though, like really broke my heart.

in this life, when it comes to women, especially the beautiful ones, dear comrades, please use your head for in this life, a single woman can be the death of you, no Matter how powerful you are, if you like have 1 thousand bodyguards.
if you don't use your head when it comes to a woman, especially that particular girl or woman you find beautiful and you can't stop thinking about at night or day time.
brother!!!! use your head, else she might just be who will be the death of you.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2022
cool cool

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2022
WriterNig:
cool cool

let's hope it's not PG-13
It's marvel afterall
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:45pm On Jul 19, 2022
AOT blu-ray version released...

1. Saul Goodman Titan (better call Saul) tv vs blu-ray
2. Mikasa tv vs blu-ray

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:17pm On Jul 19, 2022
AOT fans in a nutshell...
Divided in everything...
Can't even agree on a single thing

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Delacroix6(m): 10:08pm On Jul 19, 2022
Calibrator:
All the TV shows I am following are either on break or concluded.

Time to switch to Movies cheesy

Me too. They are all on break .
I'm gonna pick up a new one tho.
But it's movies for me now.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by swiftz(f): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2022
I say make I check the Kdrama thread again.....just in case there's some sort of deviation and I wasn't disappointed. Still birthdays from morning till night. SMH.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonireel(m): 11:52pm On Jul 19, 2022
All those with no series to watch can download The Old Man. it has about 5 or 6 episodes so far.

Slow-burning Thriller, with great dialogue sessions.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nonireel(m): 12:02am On Jul 20, 2022
Baddestguyp:
let's hope it's not PG-13 It's marvel afterall
more importantly, let's hope it doesn't promote lgbtq

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nkiliuzo(m): 5:23am On Jul 20, 2022
swiftz:
I say make I check the Kdrama thread again.....just in case there's some sort of deviation and I wasn't disappointed. Still birthdays from morning till night. SMH.
obsessive freaks those lots, every time I go there thinking to discuss a new episode I'd watch, all I see is it's oppa birthday today or look at how blah blah is so handsome!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:23am On Jul 20, 2022
Last episode of Westworld!

WT!!!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 9:25am On Jul 20, 2022
Westworld season 4 episode 4 is 10,000/10 grin

Damm!!!! Westworld season 4 episode 4 took all of us by surprise.
The brain behind the creation and the storyline of the series must be some kind of alien. Lol

Please i want to ask, is Westworld based on a book like from a source material or just brain work from the creators because this episode 4 of season 4 took our brain to the next level.
If you don't settle down, relax your mind to watch Westworld, i swear you will never ever understand the series, you will be like a speed boat with no fuel in the middle of the ocean with no where to go.

The series is not mind-blowing, it's brain-blowing.
Can't wait for episode 5 to understand better because right now, i am still in yhe the dark with lots of things especially with Dolores.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2022
OhBritannia:
Time to download and Watch the new episodes of Becoming Elizabeth and Westworld.
I wonder why they didn't release new episodes of p vally yesterday.

Twas shifted don't know why.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2335) (2336) (2337) (2338) (2339) (2340) (2341) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: jiggar(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.