Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2452) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3524764 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2449) (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 4:59pm On Oct 14, 2022
abduleez1:

This one na Nigeria na. grin grin

How person fit get worldwide trends like dis?
Since that stupid year when person change location to get that thing back na war. Twitter with their stupid update. angry angry

I just say make I post receipts grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by TheStrongest: 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2022
BeLookingIDIOT:

But it doesn't trend. That it finally trends on its last episode doesn't negate the general statement of it not trending. Moreover, the trend is nothing compared to the sort of momentum house of the dragon generates.
Must everything be a comparison?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 6:14pm On Oct 14, 2022
a4turitoroman:
Ring of power 1/10..
It was obvious halbrand is sauron right from time

How was it obviously Halbrand right from time?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by waititi: 7:09pm On Oct 14, 2022
whoever wrote, pitched , directed and generally was involved in the making of the insulting travesty known as she-hulk all deserve to be whipped repeatedly wiith wet bamboo and rafia embedded with barbed wire.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 7:23pm On Oct 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
I said it earlier...
The biggest problem of Rings of Power is it's characters...
They are all bland, terrible and unlikeable...
How can you root for characters who you don't like or care about at all...

How can one enjoy a show where you can't even like a single character...all are bland and boring...
The best character so far is still the Leader of the Orcs...
That says a lot about the show

Now look at HOTD, so many great characters...
Even those you are against, you at least understand them...the characters all have their good points and their flaws
They are great you can like and understand, you can see their struggles and their mistakes too...
You can root for them...

This like aemond and Daemon are like my favourite characters
And aemond has only had not more than 20mins of screentime

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 7:24pm On Oct 14, 2022
abduleez1:

Imagine how the part time actors for young Rhaenyra and Alicent Hightower are more memorable and enjoyable with just few episodes than even the leads of Rings of Power for a whole season. Even the earlier Aegon, (the one that looks like that dude from Stranger Things) is more memorable and the Aemond who got his eye slit.

If not for the love of LOTR, the predecessors and the books and Peter Jackson I no sure say ppl go still dey watch that show if not that it's a big fantasy adaptation.

Only thing keeping fans is the history and the Fantasy themes like: magic and wizards, Elf, dwarves, orcs and other creatures alike. Classic fantasy tropes. Unlike House of The Dragon's mainly humans and dragons races.
Even GOT had a full repertoire of mystical beings: Giants, Children of the Forest, Wargs, White Walkers, Night King, Ice Dragon.

Na only this classic fantasy tropes and massive world building/ kingdoms that's presently absent in HOTD that's making some fantasy fans to pretend that RoP is the better show or even up to par.

Character wise and acting, Rings of Power has been close to Zero. Cos as one said it's looking like a big budget Wheel of Time albeit with well known and loved characters.

The story of RoP isn't bad per se but the actors and acting na Insha Allah. You hardly feel the stakes or tension in the air. HOTD you go dey fear wetin wan sup next. And the fact that these two shows aired together at the same time didn't do much good to RoP. It's inevitably going to be compared pound for pound. Maybe if they didn't air together, the outlook woulda been better for RoP.

I don't even know who I hate, who I like, or who I'm rooting for sef in Rings of Power. I just dey watch as e dey go. The visuals and that battle is great but it can't cover the cracks in the show.

Wait are you telling me it wasn't Mike that played young Aegon??

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Vulcanheph(m): 7:25pm On Oct 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
really?
When did this show come out?
How many seasons so far?
The series is still in Season 1, and so far there are about 8 episodes

I'll just pretend as if you're not being SARCASTIC with me.gringrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2022
Amazon should re-cast galadriel for season 2

How can the lead actress be so bland

Can't she be more of a deanerys/cersei ffs
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Vulcanheph(m): 7:28pm On Oct 14, 2022
waititi:
whoever wrote, pitched , directed and generally was involved in the making of the insulting travesty known as she-hulk all deserve to be whipped repeatedly wiith wet bamboo and rafia embedded with barbed wire.
From the trailer ,I could already tell that it was gonna be another "woke/feminist" crap... So I didn't even bother to watch it.
And it turns out that I was right.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 7:31pm On Oct 14, 2022
abduleez1:

Me sef I don't even know what's the problem cos Morfyyd Clark is a decently rated actress. Her work on Saint Maud was very good.

This one on RoP just dey one dimensional and almost emotionless. I no just understand.
Even if a show has a weak lead at least the supporting characters should bring quality and cover the lapses.

Now we can't say ppl are misogynistic or racist towards RoP cos HOTD basically has the same: 2 female leads, major black characters and relatively unknown actors asides Matt Smith and Graham McTavish.

Anytime I remember the masterpiece acting from HOTD the performance so far from RoP dey vex me. See potential of the show and yet we can't say a single actor has dropped at least a masterpiece scene of acting brilliance. embarassed sad

Is it Aemma Arryn performance as Queen before her death to childbirth. That scene where she was begging young Viserys to spare her life was crushing. Is it Laena's childbirth scene too?

Or is it Daemon's scenes in episode 3 when he took the dragon egg. Or the Stepstones battle scene.

Is it Alicent annoying outburst in court leading to her faceoff with Rhaenyra — the knife cut.

I don't even want to talk of Viserys' Oscar worthy final performance.

We're not even talking of underrated performances from Rhaenyra actresses, The Maid, Ty Tennant's Aegon and Otto Hightower cunning and subtle politicking. Each episode always has a memorable acting performance.

Omo Rings of Power writers and directors needs to sit up for next season. Cos acting and writing wise they haven't elevated the story or justified its near $500mn budget. You can't shell such money for a notable film franchise & history and just give us decent acting.
HOTD crew knew what they're up against— the legacy of GOT and went to work. RoP sadly yet don't understand the task and legacy they've to live up to.
HOTD is different from GOT but you can see the quality is being upheld while also trying to include diversity (see how well done the Velaryons are & funny enough the noisemaking from white boys about race have died down).

If anyone wants to say one is being unfair to Amazon's adaptation, kindly remember the masterpiece the LOTR movies were and how they won Oscars back to back to back every fvvking year and totally dominated every movie each year.

The only interesting character is that harfoot girl

She killed her role
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Vulcanheph(m): 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
Calibrator:
Nope.... We are living under the rock here.

Please explain to us what "House of Dragon" means
Dude, you really didn't have to be so sarcastic.gringrin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
The ring of power episode 8 final episode is 1 million / 10 for me.

Now this is what you call shutting the mouth of your haters up forever and ever, this season finally is one of the best season finale I've ever ever seen since the season finally of the 100.

Now i told you all before that this season is 1 is just watering the surface, the real show starts from season 2, one thing i respect about Amazon and their stories is that they take their time, they never rushed things, they make sure you understands every bit of it slowly and slowly.

The ring of power is like you are in a classroom and a lecturer is teaching, you have to be patient so as to fully understand all he is teaching.

The word play.
The visuals.
The VFX
The songs
All are a solid 10/10

And whoever said Galadriel is bland needs to be flogged 100 strokes of whips.

Galadriel totally played, killed and bodied her role, it's as if she was born for the role.
The way she talks, her facial expressions, the way she moved, the way she stands, her composure, the blond hair,
Galadriel was born for the role and i rate her 100/100.

All the characters totally killed their roles, from the dwarfs to the helfoots to the Elves to the humans, each and everyone of them totally played their roles so well.

This episode finally is just so majestically beautiful.
I counted more than 8 parables in this final only, every words and sentences each characters spoke are almost parables and riddles.
I was so impressed with their conversations.

The bravery shown by the hellfond in helping the wizard, the power displayed in that scene alone is top notch.

The queen and the commander of Numero, with their emotional moments, indeed every greatness has a price to pay.

Now it's obvious the commander of numero's daughter will one day be the queen of Numero, now i am wondering what will happen to the present queen.

Words can't explain how majestic this series finally is.

Budget well spent and was worth it 100%.

That scene where Hallbrand and Galadriel was in the middle of the sea, that scene, the visuals and VFX there was mouth watering, Kudos to Amazon, they are Good.

This series has emotions.
It has adventure.
It has friendship.
It has actions.
It has battles.
If has family.
It has loyalty.
It has cliffhanger.
It has surprises and who would have ever thought Hallbrand is sauron.

The rings of power is a solid 10/10 for me.

It cannot be compared with any other series because it is great and a Top notch series on it's own.

The fact that not a single nude scene or even a kiss scene or gayy scene was shown, the series deserves all the accolades it's getting and it even deserves more.

It takes a genius mind and an unbiased mind to see that this series Is already GOAT.

I can't wait for season 2.
The sight of the three rings makes me crave for a season 2.
So many stories to be told in season 2, they even haven't started yet, series is too vast.

Kudos to Amazon, money well spent.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 7:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
OhBritannia:
I think with the ring of power.
Viewers needs to be patient with the series, it's obvious many of the characters are still developing and there are more and more characters we will be seeing as the show goes on, especially in season 2.

Series like the ring of power requires patience and perseverance to watch.
Comparing it to the house of Dragon isn't right at all.
Because while the house of Dragon already have most of its characters, dragons and everything on standby, The ring of power is not So.
You can tell the story hasn't even started yet, they simply can't cover that vast many kingdoms and many people with different history all in one season.

From the elf's to the humans to the dwarf etc. The series is too vast it requires patience for it to click.

You can tell the sword Galadriel gave to Theo will come in handy in the future and there is a story behind it.

You can tell that the son of the commander of Numero that people thought Is dead isn't actually dead.
Looking at how his horse ran away into the mountains, you can tell the son is actually alive.

You can tell that even the person the orcs call master actually has a master he follows that the oaks you are seeing now are not the real creation of Sauron.

Going back to the Lord of the ring, you can actually have an idea how mighty and scary Sauron's oask and soldiers are.
From beats to dragons to monsters and many more.

We haven't even seen 1% of what this series has to offer and lastly you can tell there are lots of characters missing too.

Even those scary looking people that burnt the food stocks of the elf's, you can tell there is a reason they are tracing the huge man that came through a comet.
Where are they from?
Who sent them?
What's the name of their kingdom?
How many are they?
Are there others like them?

See!!! The ring of power can't be summarised in just one season, by the time we get to season 2 and 3 and 4, you will know why Amazon with their full confidence budgeted more than a billion dollars to the project.

Why do you think HBO are doing the new one for John snow and the rest?
Because they know the ring of power is likely going to reach 8 seasons, forget about the rating you are seeing now.

The ring of power will come out with a shocker when you begin to watch season 2, 3 and 4.

Nor be who first start race, Na dey end am.
Its not about the quality of the series
But the bland acting of the characters
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 7:47pm On Oct 14, 2022
Look at the queen Regent how she delivers

Poppy harfoot,that Dwarfen wife
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
waititi:
Isn't She-Hulk the best series of 2022?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2022
OhBritannia:

Now this is what you call shutting the mouth of your haters up forever and ever, this season finally is one of the best season finale I've ever ever since the season finally of the 100.

Now i told you all before that this season is 1 is just watering the surface, the real show starts from season 2, one thing i respect about Amazon and their stories is that they take their time, they never rushed things, they make sure you understands every bit of it slowly and slowly.

The ring of power is like you are in a classroom and a lecturer is teaching, you have to be patient so as to fully understand all he is teaching.

The word play.
The visuals.
The VFX
The songs
All are a solid 10/10

And whoever said Galadriel is bland meds to be flogged 100 strokes of whips.

Galadriel totally played, killed and bodied her role, it's as if she was born for the role.
The way she talks, her facial expressions, the way she moved, the way she stands, her composure, the blond hair,

All the characters totally killed their roles, from the dwarfs to the helfoots to the Elves to the humans, each and everyone of them totally played their roles so well.

I counted more than 8 parables in this final only, every words and sentences each characters spoke are almost parables and riddles.

The bravery shown by the hellfond in helping the wizard, the power displayed in that scene alone is top notch.

The queen and the commander of Numero, with their emotional moments, indeed every greatness has a price to pay.

Now it's obvious the commander of numero's daughter will one day be the queen of Numero, now i am wondering what will happen to the present queen.

That scene where Hallbrand and Galadriel was in the middle of the sea, that scene, the visuals and VFX there was mouth watering, Kudos to Amazon, they are Good.

It has adventure.
It has friendship.
It has actions.
It has battles.
If has family.
It has loyalty.
It has cliffhanger.

It cannot be compared with any other series because it is great and a Top notch series on it's own.

The fact that not a single nude scene or even a kiss scene or gayy scene was shown, the series deserves all the accolades it's getting and it even deserves more.

It takes a genius mind and an unbiased mind to see that this series Is already GOAT.

So many stories to be told in season 2, they even haven't started yet, series is too vast.

shocked shocked shocked undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Mac0: 8:05pm On Oct 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
shocked shocked shocked undecided

Lord of lamba. According to one guy here.

Even the creators of the show don admit say the show no too carry weight.

cheesy grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Barrywhyte1(m): 8:27pm On Oct 14, 2022
OhBritannia:

Now this is what you call shutting the mouth of your haters up forever and ever, this season finally is one of the best season finale I've ever ever since the season finally of the 100.

The word play.
The visuals.
The VFX
The songs
All are a solid 10/10

It has adventure.
It has friendship.
It has actions.
It has battles.
If has family.
It has loyalty.
It has cliffhanger.

The fact that ever since you have been commenting on rop, you haven't mentioned more than 3 characters names goes to show how uninspiring they are.

And before you say you don't remember names, this is disame way most people that comment on it talk about the characters.

I mean even Dyana that lasted barely 5 mins, everybody remember her for HOTD.

Like someone said rop is a decent series, but putting it next to HOTD is like putting Nothingham forest to Man City.

Yes you spend money, but you don't have close to my quality.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by drisham(m): 8:38pm On Oct 14, 2022
abduleez1:
Fantasy fans got more juice to be excited for.
But coming from Disney I ain't that hyped especially from what the early adaptations did.

Ehen, I talk say this face dey familiar. Shey no be that mad man wey murder entire family for Vikings be this after them kill him son?? shocked
That man wey Floki dey beg for clemency. Something-Son abi wetin be him name.
Jessica Parker from black sails and flash

Omo grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
This panel goes hard

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2022
Now that the ring of power is over.
Now we focus on the serpent Queen.
Power raising Kanna season 2 and house of the dragon.

I've been quite very impressed with the serpent Queen and power raising Kanna season 2 so far.

It's time to start dropping reviews and i can't wait for new episodes of house of the dragon.
And like i said, both the house of the dragon and the ring of power are both great and GOATED series.
I enjoy both series and yes they are high budget series but comparing them doesn't make sense.

One is 18 plus and for mature adults and the other is a family show, so where is the sense in comparism?

It's like comparing Merlin to Spartacus.

Please where is the sense in that?

Anyways, we move!!!!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2022
OhBritannia:
[s]The ring of power episode 8 final episode is 1 million / 10 for me.

The word play.
The visuals.
The VFX
The songs
All are a solid 10/10

It has adventure.
It has friendship.
It has actions.
It has battles.
If has family.
It has loyalty.
It has cliffhanger.

Kudos to Amazon, money well spent.[/s]
I reported you to the mods angry
You are just objectively wrong. However, you have the right to like bad things and have bad opinions.

6 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by a4turitoroman: 11:08pm On Oct 14, 2022
SEE s3 finale shocked damn
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2022
The serpent queen has a 100% score on rotten tomatoes. 3 episodes to go, I'm hyped.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by waititi: 11:19pm On Oct 14, 2022
Baddestguyp:
Isn't She-Hulk the best series of 2022?
best ke?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 11:40pm On Oct 14, 2022
P-Valley Season 1 - A

Shame I won't continue the series. I got to say, seeing those mums in their underwear all the time is fuckîng disgusting. This a simple story that could have easily been centered elsewhere. Them no get wetin no dey tire person abeg.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Luckysbab: 1:19am On Oct 15, 2022
waititi:
best ke?

How does this your WhatsApp spying work? E get one thief way I wan track
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by newguy1(m): 4:29am On Oct 15, 2022
Vulcanheph:

From the trailer ,I could already tell that it was gonna be another "woke/feminist" crap... So I didn't even bother to watch it.
And it turns out that I was right.
but u still didn’t watch. I will admit Galadriel role was recasted from the original but I won’t totally downplay ring of power. I read somewhere that it will have 5 season n season 2 will focus more on the origin of sauron n they will follow more of the origin tolken story more going forward.There is so much more to the story for u to decides it a feminism series. Galadriel in total was a not a Hero in season 1 infact she was turn out to be what her fellow elves called her in the first episode as obsessed and will keep alive the evil she think she want to kill which she did by saving sauron and in the last episode her friend found out what she had done. Ring of power season one is a solid 8/10 for me the -2 for me is for not staying with the original story from the beginning

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 6:17am On Oct 15, 2022
It seems the only way a lot of people can enjoy their tv shows is by comparing it to some other show. Personally I think that's just a sad way to consume entertainment.
This isn't a nairaland thing, I've seen it on Reddit and MAL as well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Dotng: 7:36am On Oct 15, 2022
Meksbig:
It seems the only way a lot of people can enjoy their tv shows is by comparing it to some other show. Personally I think that's just a sad way to consume entertainment.

Comparison is where they get their validation from. It is the sickness that arises from too much consumption. When there were fewer shows to watch this kind of disorientation did not exist at this level. For the most that would not be bothered by such, they just enjoy each show for its own sake and move on. It is funny how some are offended that you don't join their bandwagon and choose to see shows for the different things they bring to the table.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:54am On Oct 15, 2022
drisham:

Wait are you telling me it wasn't Mike that played young Aegon??

Nah, it's Ty Tennant.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 8:58am On Oct 15, 2022
Meksbig:

It's another first world problem Nigerians are jumping on

Apple vs sammy
Nvidia vs amd
Intel vs amd
PS vs xbox
Linux vs Windows
DC vs marvel

When people don't have real problems they create nonsense like this, and Nigerians who don't know better jump on bandwagon

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2449) (2450) (2451) (2452) (2453) (2454) (2455) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: ab221(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.