Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:53 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3562428 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) ... (2830) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 8:38pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
Lol! Funny enough, peak battle shounen fights back in the day used to take like 12+ episodes 😁😁

Fights where they stop and go back in time and then give exposition and then do one move and then characters remember stuff in between taking shots?

Omo I can't deal
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
So she wrote Fleabag, 4 episodes of Killing Eve and was a co-screenwriter on No Time to Die. Interested in seeing what she'll cook here.

Damn, ok she has a solid body of work.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I think they measure demand based on online talks about a show

Yep.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 9:10pm On Jan 28, 2023
pu7pl3:

Fights where they stop and go back in time and then give exposition and then do one move and then characters remember stuff in between taking shots?

Omo I can't deal

Lmao... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Why is no one talking about this?

Record of Ragnarok season 2 is out on Netflix!!!

Netflix needs to learn to start releasing anime weekly

Bro the animation for seaso 1 was whack

I didnt even get past the first 10mins of episode 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kaycee7:
Lol! Funny enough, peak battle shounen fights back in the day used to take like 12+ episodes 😁😁
Luffy V Katakuri fight in One Piece lasted for 21 episodes

It was a never ending fight grin

I think it's the longest anime fight ever

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2023
Blueelf:

Bro the animation for seaso 1 was whack

I didnt even get past the first 10mins of episode 1
surprising...
I enjoyed season 1 despite the low frames

People called it PowerPoint presentation grin

If you want to see real bad animation, watch Seven Deadly Sins from S3 grin grin grin
The franchise was killed by bad animation
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 9:43pm On Jan 28, 2023
IngeniousLeez:

Lmao... πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Did you watch the first season?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jan 28, 2023
A stellar performance from Jack The Ripper as expected, Hercules was totally outclassed. Everything was well thought out From the divine weapon to the location and the entire fight from start to finish. I guess you can't expect much from a guy who of all the intricate and deadly weapons ever made decides to use a club as a primary weapon.
P. S - Buddha's physical appearance was a total surprise.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
Omo I need to rewatch Adam and Eve's love story in Season 1 of Record of Ragnarok

The true story grin grin

The Serpent was funny grin grin grin

The Serpent tried to rΓ pe Eve but she no gree...so he framed her...
The Serpent ate the apple...not Eve embarassed embarassed embarassed

I have proof

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by IngeniousLeez: 1:05am On Jan 29, 2023
pu7pl3:

Did you watch the first season?

Nope. Wanted to watch it then but the mixed reviews scared me away. I also had more important and better content lined up so ignored it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:35am On Jan 29, 2023
The physics on that goddess' brèasts in Record on Ragnarok ehn? grin grin
Aphrodite abi what's her name?

So heavy that she needs two bodyguards to hold up the milkers

Yet so light that it bounces at any slight wind or tremor

I need to understand what the animators are cooking angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Cypherhendrix(m): 6:20am On Jan 29, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Amazon Prime's The Boys outperforms all of Marvel Studios' Disney+ series to become 2022's most-watched superhero program.
Homelander DID cheesy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:38am On Jan 29, 2023
Baddestguyp:
it's either high frames and low character details...
Or low frames with high character details/ design

They chose the later...
If they went with lower quality designs, fans would complain...

Plus it's Netflix
I just finished Jujutsu Kaisen 0 and every frame is a picture with fluid combat and animation.

Stop encouraging Netflix in producing low animation.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GRIMMJOE(m): 7:46am On Jan 29, 2023
Jujutsu Kaisen 0 : 7/10

The animation quality is really good, to think the budget is just $150,000, yet it earned $196 million box office return.

Hope Netflix is learning, they don't want to spend money on their animes but want high profit.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:51am On Jan 29, 2023
GRIMMJOE:
I just finished Jujutsu Kaisen 0 and every frame is a picture with fluid combat and animation.

Stop encouraging Netflix in producing low animation.
Netflix will always be subpar
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by main24(m): 1:34pm On Jan 29, 2023
kendrick93:

I watched the first two episodes and realized I wasn't much interested in rich white families squabbles

If you are not the kind that only prefers guns blazing movies 😁,
whenever you have time, give the series time to build, you'd love it.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Mayor of Kingston season 1 is 8/10 for me.

This series is a fucking dope series i swear to God. So fucking dope and bloody, no mercy 😁😁😁 if you misbehave, you collect 😁😁
One of the best series I've seen in a while.

The last episode got me praying for the brother of Mike, i just wanted the guy to survive, i don't think I've ever want an actor to survive in a series like that guy 😁😁 for the sake of his unborn child, his wife that loves him so much and his Mom.
I hope he goes to Miami and never comes back again. I just want him to leave with his wife, He looks too innocent for Kingston.

And by the way that little girl that plays Iris, she deserves an award for the role. The girl killed her role.

That girl was 50% totally naked all the time in the show, and that's not a body double at all, that's 100% she getting totally naked.
Taking such roles requires great confident i swear, knowing fully well that it's going to be online forever and ever and your children and great grand children will grow up to watch those scenes.
Well that's the beauty of professional acting.
That girl is now one of my favorite in the series.

This night i will download the season 2 and i hope Mike's brother can stay out of this, don't want anything to happen to him.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:21pm On Jan 29, 2023
Upon the bad animation...it's still doing pretty well

Shows that the concept is so good...
If only there was better budget and a better animation studio...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
The creator of this show no send...
He's packing every religion Sha

But it seems he's not a fighter in the show

I wonder who Buddha's opponent will be?

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DOyaskii(m): 2:59pm On Jan 29, 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 4:54pm On Jan 29, 2023
Shanty Town......7.5/10

It's one of the best written and directed Nollywood movie/series I've seen. It's good to be back at Nollywood and not be disappointed.

It is expertly written as well as directed. The Cinematography was top notch no doubt. Nice musical score to propel the story.
I didn't necessarily liked the entire sound design or SFX department but it was decent. The acting was superb by the entire cast. The location selection was great.

Aboderin's death scene was the most captivating scene and I give a huge _thumbs up to the director for that specific direction. It won the film a 0.5 point. Aboderin easily got the best dialogue I've ever seen in a Nollywood film and Chidi Mokeme must be commended for this amazing piece of work. Ise Nkpe Etim most be given kudos as well. I've never been disappointed by her ever. Ini Edo and Nancy delivered their quota as well. RMD, what can I say, showed his mettle why he's a veteran and a legend.

The fight scenes in the warehouse looked kinda funny but Aboderin's fight vs the bodyguard in the later stages was decent. The warehouse scene is probably the weakest in the entire series, but it doesn't negatively impact the third act.

Was it entertaining? Absolutely. Was it funny? I laughed all through even in serious scenes (especially Scar) as his delivery was the very replica of an average Lagos thug and _p!mp.
Was it serious? Oh yes!! Was it perfect? No, nothing is! It had a few plotholes but nothing much to complain of.

Easily the best Nollywood movie with a well balanced cast.... from the old guard to the new guard all giving their input. I'm glad there weren't an overload of too much stars that you're more interested in the celeb than the actual story itself.

For the nudity, of course an added 0.5 point for the realism and commitment to take the topic seriously. 😁
The producers of this show knew the assignment and they delivered it well. I'm now more inclined to start watching Nollywood now after a long hiatus.

Setting up a future sequel was unnecessary but I understand the producers. They want to tap from its success.

My rating isn't Nollywood standard. It's what I'd give it if I was rating a similar Hollywood flick. It's that good so I see no reason giving a seperate Nollywood category rating system. For the story it was telling and the delivery, it is worth every point it wins as a great movie.

I'm glad Nollywood is improving, growing and moving away from the generic "safe" genre they've always stuck to.
I always knew the Netflix investment in Nollywood would drive growth and I'm glad I'm finally seeing it even tho it's in trickles. Hoping the competition from Amazon intensifies this growth. πŸ‘Œ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:08pm On Jan 29, 2023
DOyaskii:

The way HBO go take pack awards this upcoming Emmys ehn. E go loud gan!
I dey doubt whether Netflix go fit compete like this with this kind of slate in awards season.
HBO is definitely winning most nominations asides from awards won.

And we're not even talking about smaller hits like The Gilded Age and The White Lotus. Barry sef dey there for comedy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 5:09pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:
Shanty Town......7.5/10

It's one of the best written and directed Nollywood movie I've seen. It's good to be back at Nollywood and not be disappointed.

It is expertly written as well as directed. The Cinematography was top notch no doubt. Nice musical score to propel the story.
I didn't necessarily liked the entire sound design or SFX department but it was decent. The acting was superb by the entire cast. The location selection was great.

Aboderin's death scene was the most captivating scene and I give a huge _thumbs up to the director for that specific direction. It won the film a 0.5 point. Aboderin easily got the best dialogue I've ever seen in a Nollywood film and Chidi Mokeme must be commended for this amazing piece of work. Ise Nkpe Etim most be given kudos as well. I've never been disappointed by her ever. Ini Edo and Nancy delivered their quota as well. RMD, what can I say, showed his mettle why he's a veteran and a legend.

The fight scenes in the warehouse looked kinda funny but Aboderin's fight vs the bodyguard in the later stages was decent. The warehouse scene is probably the weakest in the entire series, but it doesn't negatively impact the third act.

Was it entertaining? Absolutely. Was it funny? I laughed all through even in serious scenes (especially Scar) as his delivery was the very replica of an average Lagos thug and _p!mp.
Was it serious? Oh yes!! Was it perfect? No, nothing is! It had a few plotholes but nothing much to complain of.

Easily the best Nollywood movie with a well balanced cast.... from the old guard to the new guard all giving their input. I'm glad there weren't an overload of too much stars that you're more interested in the celeb than the actual story itself.

For the nudity, of course an added 0.5 point for the realism and commitment to take the topic seriously. 😁
The producers of this show knew the assignment and they delivered it well. I'm now more inclined to start watching Nollywood now after a long hiatus.

Setting up a future sequel was unnecessary but I understand the producers. They want to tap from its success.

My rating isn't Nollywood standard. It's what I'd give it if I was rating a similar Hollywood flick. It's that good so I see no reason giving a seperate Nollywood category rating system. For the story it was telling and the delivery, it is worth every point it wins as a great movie.

I'm glad Nollywood is improving, growing and moving away from the generic "safe" genre they've always stuck to.
I always knew the Netflix investment in Nollywood would drive growth and I'm glad I'm finally seeing it even tho it's in trickles. Hoping the competition from Amazon intensifies this growth. πŸ‘Œ

is shanty town a movie or a series?

my bad i thought this was posted on the movies thread.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 5:14pm On Jan 29, 2023
GloriousGbola:

is shanty town a movie or a series?

my bad i thought this was posted on the movies thread.

Lol, no offense taken. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by DOyaskii(m): 5:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:

The way HBO go take pack awards this upcoming Emmys ehn. E go loud gan!
I dey doubt whether Netflix go fit compete like this with this kind of slate in awards season.
HBO is definitely winning most nominations asides from awards won.

And we're not even talking about smaller hits like The Gilded Age and The White Lotus. Barry sef dey there for comedy.
Make i no lie, it's been quite a while i have seen a HBO series that i didn't like. It's like they have a special magnet to all the good series script and talented series makers. I'm not even surprised that they are always raking in Emmys each year. There 2023 slate consist of "The Last of Us", Barry S4, Succession S4, The Idol, The White House plumbers, True Detective S4 just to name a few. Stellar Stellar line up and Potential Emmy contenders!

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
DOyaskii:
Make i no lie, it's been quite a while i have seen a HBO series that i didn't like. It's like they have a special magnet to all the good series script and talented series makers. I'm not even surprised that they are always raking in Emmys each year. There 2023 slate consist of "The Last of Us", Barry S4, Succession S4, The Idol, The White House plumbers, True Detective S4 just to name a few. Stellar Stellar line up and Potential Emmy contenders!

Bro you sef dey updated....

That White House Plumbers and The Idol are two of HBO's upcoming project I'm most anticipated for including Love and Death, that Elizabeth Olsen homicide series.
My body dey shake for the upcoming content. 😍😍

I'm struggling to remember an HBO show I didn't like sef. They are just too good.

The one wey dey shock me is how they always come up with a new show every year that is a mega hit and well liked and critically acclaimed.
I am not even shocked again and just anticipate the next wowza.
I wanted to do an HBO upcoming show compilation for this year but laziness no gree me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by pu7pl3(m): 9:57pm On Jan 29, 2023
abduleez1:

Bro you sef dey updated....

That White House Plumbers and The Idol are two of HBO's upcoming project I'm most anticipated for including Love and Death, that Elizabeth Olsen homicide series.
My body dey shake for the upcoming content. 😍😍

I'm struggling to remember an HBO show I didn't like sef. They are just too good.

The one wey dey shock me is how they always come up with a new show every year that is a mega hit and well liked and critically acclaimed.
I am not even shocked again and just anticipate the next wowza.
I wanted to do an HBO upcoming show compilation for this year but laziness no gree me.

Took your recommendation and put everything else on pause and took on "his dark materials" and I've not looked back cos it completely drew me in in ways I never expected.
HBO has the formula down
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The physics on that goddess' brèasts in Record on Ragnarok ehn? grin grin
Aphrodite abi what's her name?

So heavy that she needs two bodyguards to hold up the milkers

Yet so light that it bounces at any slight wind or tremor

I need to understand what the animators are cooking angry

Na the yeye animation pursue me commot from this series

It had a good plot but bad aniation, so bad that till date I have not finished watching episode 1 of season 1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
pu7pl3:

Took your recommendation and put everything else on pause and took on "his dark materials" and I've not looked back cos it completely drew me in in ways I never expected.
HBO has the formula down

His Dark Materials is a great fantasy show. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

HBO is the GOAT. I no dey take that network content play. The track record is just too superb you can't ignore. Reason why it's very easy for me to trust them with a new project.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) ... (2830) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Illusioneffect(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.