Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520708 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
King Canute πŸ”₯

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
Canute's Rebellion against god tho...

King of Rebellion

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 9:21pm On Jun 05, 2023
Baddestguyp:
King Canute πŸ”₯

he'll end up like his father
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 9:27pm On Jun 05, 2023
Baddestguyp:
VINLAND SAGA IS THE BEST SHOW AIRING RIGHT NOW

Peak Cinema

I thought it was AOT

grin grin grin grin grin grin

my guy, my guy
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blueelf:

he'll end up like his father
obviously...
He's already like him sef...

Remember his father's words in season 1 about the crown?
King Sweyn said the crown has a mind of its own and has 2 orders:
To retain power and to increase power

Canute dismissed it then and asked his father if the crown commanded him to kill his own son...

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
Blueelf:

I thought it was AOT

grin grin grin grin grin grin

my guy, my guy
is AOT airing right now?

AOT isn't airing for the next few months...final episode will be like maybe November
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by johnyace(m): 9:57pm On Jun 05, 2023
After watching manifest series finale, I feel robbed, robbed of all the hours I put into this shitty cringe fest and pointless series all in the hopes that there would be a big reveal, and everything would make sense, it's just nonsense, I am pained, I hope from doesn't end up like this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:13pm On Jun 05, 2023
johnyace:
After watching manifest series finale, I feel robbed, robbed of all the hours I put into this shitty cringe fest and pointless series all in the hopes that there would be a big reveal, and everything would make sense, it's just nonsense, I am pained, I hope from doesn't end up like this.
ehya

I felt the same way after wasting my time watching about 5 seasons of The Blacklist.

Glad I quit Midway through season 5

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
Clark - 2/10

I mean is this show made for kids or something?! cause i, myself can't believe that the Swedish Govts then were unserious..

If you enjoyed this shiitshow then you must really have bad taste in certain things

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 12:45am On Jun 06, 2023
FergieRaww:
Clark - 2/10

I mean is this show made for kids or something?! cause i, myself can't believe that the Swedish Govts then were unserious..

If you enjoyed this shiitshow then you must really have bad taste in certain things
omo a whole Pennywise grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 3:09am On Jun 06, 2023
Sorry for replying late cos spambot has been hounding my yansh for the past two days. Back to back ban on 3 different accounts.

FergieRaww, don't know if they're still relevant to you cos it's been long I updated this list (like two years ago) I don even forget the book in particular sef. I now do my TV curation on an android app.
Easier and saves me from catarrh when dust accumulates on the books.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 6:57am On Jun 06, 2023
abduleez1:
Sorry for replying late cos spambot has been hounding my yansh for the past two days. Back to back ban on 3 different accounts.

FergieRaww, don't know if they're still relevant to you cos it's been long I updated this list (like two years ago) I don even forget the book in particular sef. I now do my TV curation on an android app.

I spy a fellow list addict grin grin

Mehn, seeing Da Vinci's Demons just took me back to younger days and simpler times 😌
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 7:47am On Jun 06, 2023
FergieRaww:
Clark - 2/10

This series has been in my drive since last year but never thought of watching it,I better delete it now
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Thales01: 7:56am On Jun 06, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Exactly
I also enjoyed s1, but watch ep1 of season 2 I just knew they are not serious
Instead of showing us the origin of the land they are busy bringing more people to the land
If they reveal that to you already,What will be the point of season 3?The whole mystery that is keeping you and other viewers glued to the show will no longer be there.
The pace is just right and the introduction of new characters is brilliant,some of which have a role to play in figuring the whole mystery;the likes of Elgin,Randall and so on.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Thales01: 7:58am On Jun 06, 2023
For lovers of superhero tv shows like me,Gotham Knights is a solid hit.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:18am On Jun 06, 2023
Thales01:

If they reveal that to you already,What will be the point of season 3?The whole mystery that is keeping you and other viewers glued to the show will no longer be there.
The pace is just right and the introduction of new characters is brilliant,some of which have a role to play in figuring the whole mystery;the likes of Elgin,Randall and so on.
I may continue when they finish s2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2023
Lol, werey wan bait Una go watch premium rubbish. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Even as a staunch DC fan, no lamba and disinformation go make me watch Gotham Knights.
That thing wey resemble premium shite just from the trailers.
Dude don go watch rubbish and said nah, we must all watch this shite together. 😭

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2023
@ Blueelf

It seems this is true. I always praise Vinland, but you always diss AOT angry

Some Vinland Saga fans don't understand their own anime. They're doing the opposite of what their show preaches by starting wars with other fandoms

My personal take is that Thorfinn is a better person than Eren but not a better character than Eren

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by SOZINN: 10:40am On Jun 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Thanks for this man, and to think I was going to be stranded after succession. πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎI'm grateful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 12:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
abduleez1:

Lol impressive cause i've seen 80% on what's on this list πŸ˜„

Man this is a really good list, let me check the remaining out..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 6:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
is AOT airing right now?

AOT isn't airing for the next few months...final episode will be like maybe November

Just pulling your legs bro

grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Predestin(m): 8:48pm On Jun 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Eren trending last night because of arguments about his character and some people having gross misunderstanding of him.

Eren Yeager still remains one of the most complex written characters in fiction...
Too many layers and dimensions to his character to unveil for many years to come

Labelling a character like Eren as a "good person" is a crime against his writing. Especially in a work like AOT that utilizes grey morality.
There is no simply good or bad character.

You recommended AOT to me few months back, Great show i must say, i do not thing Eren is complex at all, He is a product of his upbringing his character is quit predictable IMO, Two characters kept me glued to the show Levi and Mikasa. But Sha i will never love AOT as you do, so Far Transevania is My GOAT

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
Predestin:

You recommended AOT to me few months back, Great show i must say, i do not thing Eren is complex at all, He is a product of his upbringing his character is quit predictable IMO, Two characters kept me glued to the show Levi and Mikasa. But Sha i will never love AOT as you do, so Far Transevania is My GOAT
the bolded is completely false imo

But maybe you can explain what you mean?

Eren is not a product of his upbringing...
That logic has been squashed several times by the show and even the character himself

Eren was born with this innate desire to be free
Eren as a character started out as a bird in a cage...he knew he wasn't free...he knew he was born behind walls, but what made him realize the extent he was caged was when he learnt more about the outside world from Armin's book. The book showed the existence of the ocean and everything the world out there had to offer

That was the moment Eren truly learnt how caged he was. At that point he believed the Titans were the only obstacle keeping him caged and he hated them so much.

Eren had the black and white view of life. He had this innate desire for freedom but that the Titans were the only thing taking away that freedom.
He has the belief that humans are supposed to be free from birth and rather than have his freedom taken away he will rather take away the freedom of his enemies
This was why at 9 years old he brutally killed the Kidnappers who kidnapped Mikasa. To him, they were no more than animals. They weren't humans.

He has the same view of Titans. However as Eren joined the scouts, he kept learning more and more about Titans. But he believed that once he reached the basement, he would get hope for freedom. He would find something that will help him and his friends live their lives freely.

Then he reached the basement and he discovered the truth of the world. He realized he and his friends would never truly be free as long as humans existed outside the walls.

Outside the walls was just a larger wall/cage

To make matters worse, the outside world was full of enemies. That was why when he reached the ocean, while others like Armin were happy because the cherished the smaller moments in life, and that they had gotten at least an achievement by reaching the ocean, Eren was not happy at all.
Instead he became darker by learning how caged he truly was and how the world seemed to exist exactly how he saw in his father's memories.

*Manga panels are read from right to left
Next post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2023
@ predestin

When Eren kissed Historia's hand, he saw his own memories and knew what he would do in future. He knew his future self would be the one to orchestrate a lot of thing... including manipulating his father Grisha to wipe out the Reiss family, steal the founder and pass it to 9 years old Eren.

He had seen his future. The AOT world has one timeline...meaning that events are set in stone. Meaning that Eren's future is set in stone.

But what makes it so? Because of Eren's will.

Could Eren have chosen a different path? Yes.
But Eren never wanted to. Simply because of one reason. "Eren is a slave to his innate desire for Freedom" and that innate desire forces him to act according to how he saw his future self do in order to achieve what he believes to be the "greatest freedom"

By season 4, Eren had stayed in Marley for about 9-10 months and knew that in Marley and even the outside world, not everyone was his enemy. There were good people like the Middle-Eastern refugees, Ramzi etc

He knew that these people would be collateral damage and they didn't deserve the carnage he would unleash against them. It broke him...but yet he still did it.

That's why he said to Reiner that he's just like him...an hypocrite. That's why he confessed and cried out to Ramzi (the person he knew didn't understand his language) that he would basically wipe everything away and kill Ramzi.
And yet he still did it. He still killed Ramzi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
@ predestin

Now let's talk about his goals...I'll try not to spoil the manga ending

Some people believe that Eren had no choice to his actions or that the world he was born in was the cause of it. You included.
Totally false.

The character himself stated it. He stated it when confessing to Ramzi that simply knowing that humans existed outside the world drove him to want to wipe them away.
The existence of humans outside the world went against his dreams and beliefs since he was born. The fact that they exist and especially because of the way they do, meant he could never be free.

That is why he talked about recreating that sight from Armin's book. The world was not the way he wanted, so being a slave to his innate desire/belief, he chose to create the world he wanted.

That is the primary reason he started the rumbling. All other reasons are secondary reasons

Another proof that he orchestrated things is this:
Eren was one of the main reasons the Global Alliance was formed to wipe out Paradis.

Eren worked with Zeke to actively influence the Marley military to use the Tybur family to declare war on Paradis Island. Then Eren himself attacked civilians and dignitaries from around the world in order to cause the formation of the Global Alliance.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:29pm On Jun 06, 2023
@ predestin

Basically Eren's primary goal is to:

1. Achieve his childish desire for freedom

Secondary goals:

2. Have his friends live long lives
3. End the Titan Curse by freeing Ymir

Tertiary goal:

4. Give Paradis a chance to have a future

Eren's desire for freedom supercedes everything else to the point he became a slave to that desire.

Kenny in season 3 said: "Everyone is a slave to something"
And this includes Eren

That is why Armin asks him: "Eren, in what way are you free"

*I am trying so hard not to include manga spoilers if not i would talk about how and why Eren has been pushing his friends away...
Or how broken he is knowing his fate, and yet doing nothing to change that fate... because he believes that path leads to what he desires the most

Typing....

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:52pm On Jun 06, 2023
Predestin:

another false note again

Levi and Mikasa are good characters and it's cool to love them. Levi is even a fan favorite.

However they are nowhere near the best written characters of the show. Every AOT fans know that

Levi probably might not make top 10 best written characters in the show.
Mikasa has her character growth and development stunted with her being caged by her love for Eren. Her character growth being stunted for most part is due to plot reasons tho that ties in with the ending of the manga.
It's spoilers so I won't say

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:59pm On Jun 06, 2023
@ predestin

I've summarized the best I could. If I decide to write more, I'll probably fill the next 3 pages on top the Character of Eren.

There are too many layers to his character. I could literally analyze every panel of the manga that shows about his character

From Season 1-3, most people simply viewed Eren as a less interesting character who was obsessed with his hatred for the Titans.
But Isayama wrote it so masterfully that by season 4, everything that had been set up regarding his character began to bear fruit

That is why I and many others always recommend watching AOT a bare minimum of twice or 3 times.

There's a reason why people used to think Eren changed in season 4, but when they rewatch, they realize that he has been the same from the start. Even the character said so himself

Watching AOT once, you haven't watched the show...ask any AOT fan they'll tell you the same.
It's cos if it's circular writing

If you want more...
Here is a video...but it's almost 2 hours long...
I personally didn't even watch it fully since I already understood his character

It contains manga ending spoilers so...

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Another short thread on the interpretation and depth of an AOT panel

In chapter 139, in response to why he started the rumbling, Eren said "I don't know why, but I wanted to...at any cost"
This is juxtaposed with the panel after Eren's birth where Grisha says to Eren : "Eren, you are Free"

Wrong interpretation 1 : Eren doesn't know why he did the Rumbling ❌

Wrong interpretation 2: Grisha's manipulation led Eren to do the Rumbling ❌

Correct interpretation in my opinion:
There is a reason why both scenes were juxtaposed. That is, in order to answer the question in the same panel.

We know for a fact that the Attack Titan can see memories of its future inheritors. And as such the future inheritors can use these memories it shows to manipulate the past users. It is even more effective when it is founder + attack

The Attack Titan's nature is a manifestation of Eren's innate obsession with freedom

Kruger stated that every past user of the Attack Titan has always had that obsession to fight against oppression. And it was revealed later in the paths plottwist that this obsession was as a result of Eren's ideology of freedom passing across time to past users -
So the reason the past users of the Attack Titan were that way was because of Eren's Will

At the time of Eren's birth, Grisha was a holder of the Attack Titan and as a result was affected by Eren's will.
Basically, Grisha saying to Eren: "Eren, you are free" is more or less future Eren reinforcing his freedom belief on his child self

Thus, the panel means that despite all the various reasons Eren started the rumbling e.g ending the Titan Curse, or saving his friends...
The main reason that enforced Eren into starting the rumbling was his "IDEOLOGY OF FREEDOM"
βœ…βœ…βœ…

This answer has even been reinforced in the latest episode's flashback where Eren broke down and told Ramzi about his disappointment of learning the true state of the outside world and how it contradicts the dream of the world he shared with Armin through Armin's book
@ predestin

I wrote a little about this a couple of weeks ago when I analyzed a panel from the manga

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
Lol Kaycee7, I thought I was the only one addicted to lists...

Anywhere I see a book I just can't shake the compulsion to scribble something. πŸ˜‚
I rarely do it these days tho as the modern day smartphone has taken over our lives and physical books becomes farther from me.
I still keep a couple digital notebooks tho. πŸ˜‰

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
abduleez1:
Lol Kaycee7, I thought I was the only one addicted to lists...

Anywhere I see a book I just can't shake the compulsion to scribble something. πŸ˜‚
I rarely do it these days tho as the modern day smartphone has taken over our lives and physical books becomes farther from me.
I still keep a couple digital notebooks tho. πŸ˜‰

amateurs grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
Omo FergieRaww, you dey para oo.
Over 80%.. That's impressive. Me wey get list sef never watch pass 50%.
I saw that your watch rate and I wan cry. I last updated that list to checkmark a few titles I've watched a year ago and up till now since then I haven't been able to check-off any new title from those lists. 😭😭

If I fit watch up to 80% of those lists before this year run's out, I'd consider my job perfect and already done. Cos I have more shows on my digital list or radar not there and there are hundreds more movies I have no hope of watching yet in the next two years. I never even account for the upcoming projects. 😒

Maybe cos you're more of a series person that's why you probably have a higher watch ratio. Cos I'm a mixture of both, although in previous years I watch way more movies than TV shows. It was only last year I noticed my TV series titles were almost Equal to number of movies I watched under same period.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2604) (2605) (2606) (2607) (2608) (2609) (2610) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Haipre and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.