Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3541589 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) ... (2825) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 2:30pm On Jul 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I feel like this thing is a pride issue

Hollywood directors can't just seem to follow source materials accurately, they always want to give their own spin to stories...

They just take the premise and keep going however they want.

While I understand that an adaptation doesn't have to be 1-1...it should at least follow the core story and events accurately. But these Hollywood directors are too proud to do this...

The reality is that they cannot know the Characters and the world more than the original author...

I heard The Witcher books are pretty grounded...so it isn't hard to adapt...but instead they chose to give it their own spin...

An adaptation should respect the source material...instead, because of pride, they chose to do the opposite

It might work in superhero stories because those ones are treated as separate entities and can be adapted anyhow...
But it won't work for clear cut and concise stories like The Witcher.

It just ends up in ruin

Pride, and the fact that they're always trying to "modernize" contents for their often easily offended public, losing the core of what they're adapting in the process.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 2:31pm On Jul 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:

2. Holtson and Allison are dead...their bodies as seen in the cafeteria is real

For this one , it one kind, if the screen is to be trusted( which I dont) how come she doesnt see the same white overall they wore when they went out to clean in both the green screen and the apocalyptic one. Even their dead bodies/bones wasnt even shown to us viewers to confirm they died.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nahr(f): 2:50pm On Jul 02, 2023
I started watching Guillermo del Toro's 'cabinet of curiosities' today and I must say that Guillermo never disappoints. I love his works.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 2:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Achilles100:

For this one , it one kind, if the screen is to be trusted( which I dont) how come she doesnt see the same white overall they wore when they went out to clean in both the green screen and the apocalyptic one. Even their dead bodies/bones wasnt even shown to us viewers to confirm they died.

I believe they're dead (or so it seems). She put the badge down to confirm her suspicion. When she put the badge down, the ground sucked it in. So may be, just may be, the ground sucked them too (lol that's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point).

I believe it's the heat tape that helped her.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:59pm On Jul 02, 2023
Xtorm7995:
3. What if the heat tape wasn't for the air outside but for the gas on the way out as someone suggested somewhere above? At least we can both agree that being bombarded with gas in an enclosed chamber makes absolutely no sense for someone who was born in the Silo going out for the first time? Assuming the Judiciary is to be believed and the air outside is truly toxic then the gas should be for someone coming into the silo from the outside as a means to sterilize any form of toxic waste they might bring into the silo not for someone venturing outside.

The gas along with the shitty heat tape might just be the thing. The second season might just prove so if Jules runs out of air before reaching the next Silo and forced to take off her helmet although seeing as how the various Silo's were built close to one another she will probably make it to the next one in time, the only question that remains is why should they let her in. The decision might be out of the hands of whoever is in charge of the next Silo she ends up on, If the citizens of that Silo starts to demand for answers regarding the mysterious woman showing up on their screens from the outside.

Although its quite clear that she wont be killed off seeing as how she is the MC and the seires is dead without her. She might even return to her Silo at some point through the underground network of tunnels running through the Silo's in the coming seasons.

All in all a solid first season, definitely 9.8/10
don't be so sure Jules won't be killed off...

From what I know, the books are a series of books...meaning she could be a character in one and not a character in another
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 3:05pm On Jul 02, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 3:11pm On Jul 02, 2023
Alienist:

I believe they're dead (or so it seems). She put the badge down to confirm her suspicion. When she put the badge down, the ground sucked it in. So may be, just may be, the ground sucked them too (lol that's the only thing that makes sense to me at this point).

I think I'd have to watch that ending again.

I believe it's the heat tape that helped her.

Yeah, the air is contaminated, hence the change of heat tape helped her survived.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
don't be so sure Jules won't be killed off...

From what I know, the books are a series of books...meaning she could be a character in one and not a character in another
Seeing as how directors can do whatever they want and not follow everything in the source material, They can also decide to make her the constant throughout all the seasons besides Rebecca Ferguson is well known enough to be the face of the entire series.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by FergieRaww(m): 3:20pm On Jul 02, 2023
Any update on Jack Reacher s2?

Feels like forever since they released s1...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Queenslander(f): 5:38pm On Jul 02, 2023
nahr:
I started watching Guillermo del Toro's 'cabinet of curiosities' today and I must say that Guillermo never disappoints. I love his works.
Rate the series from a scale of 1 to 10..
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nahr(f): 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2023
Queenslander:
Rate the series from a scale of 1 to 10..

I have watched only two episodes so far but I'd rate it an 8 out of ten. Each episode is a different story entirely though.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 6:24pm On Jul 02, 2023
oyaskii:
YouTube has been making money for itself and creators for years without the platform been broken or unrecognizable. Musk takeover is barely a year, and he has fired actual project designers and UI/UX guys that actually know how to make the app work, and he's tinkered with just about everything. Today's move will be the straw that breaks the camel's back if he doesn't revert it. There are ways he can make money off the app and not these nonsense he his doing currently.
You know Twitter wasn’t making any money before Elon Musk took over. He removed those that were being partial to things being posted on twitter. You should also know that Elon owns three multi billion dollar companies and he runs it himself and they are still earning billions😒😒
You can't compare YouTube to twitter

4 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Alienist: 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
I don't like sci-fi but Foundation isn't bad. Seen just one episode sha
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Baddestguyp:
3. I think she did...
That's why she had a proper heat tape...she suspected that the green view with life outside was fake af...
Remember it had birds flying around...
If she didn't suspect, she would have even gone outside without the suit sef

2. They are dead from every indication...that's why she put the badge on the body...she knew where it was.

3.No she didn't. She only realized when she was outside and experienced a deja vu. She had the good heat tape because Walker suspected that IT were deliberately giving out bad heat tape.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:34pm On Jul 02, 2023
Omo...
People dey vex...
Thousands of people stayed awake for AOT trailer countdown...

And na only like 15 seconds trailer them drop grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3Rk7lPxFU0

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
My God...these shots of Mikasa...
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 8:49pm On Jul 02, 2023
Omo...
MAPPA going hard with AOT cool

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WHITELIGHTER: 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2023
Illusioneffect:

You know Twitter wasn’t making any money before Elon Musk took over. He removed those that were being partial to things being posted on twitter. You should also know that Elon owns three multi billion dollar companies and he runs it himself and they are still earning billions😒😒
You can't compare YouTube to twitter

That doesn't make his latest decision any wiser. He isn't the wisest man on earth, the huge amount he used in buying twitter is weighing greatly on him.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by seankafor(m): 9:10pm On Jul 02, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

That doesn't make his latest decision any wiser. He isn't the wisest man on earth, the huge amount he used in buying twitter is weighing greatly on him.
but upon that, he still tops as the richest man in Earth 🌍 undecided

Why do you guys like advises ?

Person spend 44b$ buy something, una wan dey advise am how and how not to use his toy

No be juju be that undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2023
The Angel and her Devil

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Just started watching The Sandman today and on episode 6...
So far so good, I'm rating it 9/10! Mad performance from the actors, especially Tom Sturridge! I think imma go get a Sandman comic book on my phone 😱

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BankyGee(m): 10:35pm On Jul 02, 2023
Just started watching The Sandman today and on episode 6...
So far so good, I'm rating it 9/10! Mad performance from the actors, especially Tom Sturridge! I think imma go get a Sandman comic book on my phone 😱
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by R2bees2: 6:04am On Jul 03, 2023
Afterlife S2 EP1.... Very funny and sad
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Tboy2050: 7:24am On Jul 03, 2023
Drops of God grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 8:19am On Jul 03, 2023
WHITELIGHTER:

Gold melts in fire before it becomes useful 🤷🏾‍♂️
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 8:24am On Jul 03, 2023
Calibrator:
Then leave it

If only you know how many popular shows I have abandoned midway... Power, Lucifer, Ted Lasso, Vampire Diaries and many more.
Our abandoned series are alike 😂
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Queenslander(f): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
Breaking bad season 1 - 3

8/10

It's an amazing show,. Once you start watching Breaking Bad from Season 1, it will feel a bit slow, heck it's a really slow paced series, but gradually as the story progresses, it becomes strongly addictive and gets very interesting. Everything was perfect about this show in my opinion..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:38pm On Jul 03, 2023
Isayama, we are familiar with your game

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 3:40pm On Jul 03, 2023
Queenslander:
Breaking bad season 1 - 3

8/10

It's an amazing show,. Once you start watching Breaking Bad from Season 1, it will feel a bit slow, heck it's a really slow paced series, but gradually as the story progresses, it becomes strongly addictive and gets very interesting. Everything was perfect about this show in my opinion..
I dropped the show after season 2 cos of the horrible pacing...

I later decided to give it one more try last year and I'm glad I did...
It was far more enjoyable from season 3... especially 4 and 5

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Blueelf: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
nahr:

I think he is better than Steven Spielberg
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Calibrator: 5:31pm On Jul 03, 2023
New episode don drop?

Baddestguyp:
Isayama, we are familiar with your game

(1) (2) (3) ... (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) (2629) (2630) ... (2825) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: matosneh(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.