Stats: 3,152,948 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2637) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3520275 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) ... (2819) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:20am On Jul 15, 2023
πŸŽ₯ Interstellar (2014) = 8.5/10 βœ”οΈ

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 10:21am On Jul 15, 2023
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by iamoyindamola(m): 10:28am On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

How the series dey go??
Couldn't follow up with S1 with the first 3 episodes being too boring and sleepy.
The show has superb visuals tho kinda rivaling Dune. The show just love it's sci fi jargons and space calculations.

The S2 trailer I saw looks promising tho.
I wanted to mention few days ago how the show just seemed to disappear from everyone's radar and wasn't talked about when it was airing.
You try i couldn’t get pass ep1
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:40am On Jul 15, 2023
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ Asteroid City (2023) = 5.9/10 βœ”οΈ
was unsure whether to download this or not...
Ended up not downloading
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Markswag101: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2023
Quarterback on Netflix is pretty good
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:33am On Jul 15, 2023
Fatal seduction is 1/10 for me ( after episode 1, i deleted the entire season from episode 2 to 7)

Now this is the reason why i didn't bother to continue.
The series is the exact copycat, a cheap and boring replica of dark desire ( A fantastic Mexican series which I've seen before)

Like same storyline with dark desire but with a mediocre acting and boring and low class sex scenes.

After episode 1, i was like nah!!! I can't waste my life watching this cheap copycat of dark desire, that's why i didn't bother to watch again.
South Africans should do better next time with a better and unique storyline.

If you haven't seen dark desire before, you can go ahead and watch fatal seduction but if you have, then no need at all, you will just be wasting your time.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2023
Ashawoman82:
but the Witcher blood origin just released 3 episode of season 1, they've not released any other episodes... Did it just end at the 3rd episode
Yes! it ended in episode 3.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2023
Beorn:

Which series was this scene in?

Swarm (2022) wink grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2023
iamoyindamola:

You try i couldn’t get pass ep1

Omo, na wa oo...

Na the visuals just dey tempt me.... The show just love stupid jargons without leading anywhere with its slow progression.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
OhBritannia:
Yes! it ended in episode 3.
4, actually. Not 3
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
LordAdam16:

It's slated to be more action-packed this season.

Two biggest draws for me.

Foundation struggles to cultivate mass-market appeal. As you highlighted, the showrunners lean too strongly into the nerdy thematics and concurrently fail to live up to the lofty drama standards set by The 100, The Expanse, or Lost in Space.

Be that as it may, the cinematography is stunning and the mathematical futurology is puritanical Sci-Fi. I fancy its odds of becoming a future cult classic.

Trust you're doing great, amigo?!

-Lord

Well, j actually liked the sci fi jargons and astrology/ astro physics talk of the show and it's breath taking Cinematography and visuals.

The problem I had with the show was having trouble enjoying the protagonist acting.
Lee Pace was good tho and the other old men I've forgotten their name.

I still have a soft spot for the show tho, the problem is that anytime I always tried to get back and continue the show I always fell asleep. πŸ˜’πŸ™ƒ

Yeah, this season looks action packed. I saw the trailer and I am tempted to come back. grin
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
4, actually. Not 3

I don fear say where I for see extra episode download. Na maybe beginning of ep 2 I still dey. To continue am dey tire me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
4, actually. Not 3
Yeah that's true!!! 🀝
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Didn't have much faith in it and I no wan make the blood of anybody MB dey chase me for night grin grin

You talking about Calibrator? Right? πŸ˜‚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 12:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

You talking about Calibrator? Right? πŸ˜‚
Lol! It's his trademark phrase but I meant in general
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaycee7:
Lol! It's his trademark phrase but I meant in general

I know... I just wan pull your legs especially as I see am online. πŸ˜‚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Babamide(m): 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2023
PraiseGod4u:

Just finished it now too.. it was alright sha though the finale seemed rushed.

I don't think they had anything else to portray. It was good they ended it now

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Beorn: 1:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
abduleez1:

Swarm (2022) wink grin

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Have the complete season since but to watch is a problem. Have tons of contents to watch. That Swarm will have to wait till end of the year. Sex scene is not enough to entice me to push it to front of my list. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
The writers really thought they were doing something deep with this character conclusion

Instead it ended up being pathetic and lazy sad

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 1:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
Kaguya-sama: Love is War - The first kiss that never ends

I was wondering why the show didn't end after the final romantic kiss in season 3, now I see why.

The writer chose not to end things in the way most romance movies/series do with a big grandiose event and the main couple kissing and things end with the false premise of "HAPPILY EVER AFTER"

You know we grew up with romance movies where it ends in grandiose style with maybe the girl about to leave or marry someone else, and the guy crashes the wedding...or he gives a public confession maybe in an event, party etc...
And the movie ends with the couple "living happily ever after"

But this movie chose to do things differently and actually tackle things. The Characters both had struggles and issues with different sides of themselves they tried to cage away. The MC for instance, was always someone who always kept his vulnerable side hidden...

He always had to do things perfectly, plan things etc
The confession at the end of season 3 was something he planned and planned to perfection...
Big balloons, dark romantic night, explosives to light up the sky, etc

Both the guy and the girl did everything to live up to each other...both kept sides of themselves hidden cos they believed the other person would hate it

I can relate because there are parts of myself I always keep hidden for fear of chasing away the other person

This is something that goes on in a lot of relationships even in today's world, where either the guy or girl spends the entire relationship proving his worth...
Being pressured to live up to extremely high standards with fear of truly being himself...with fear if revealing part of himself or he might lose that...

But the reality is that for someone to love you, you have to let that person love every part of you, and not just the perfect side you show out.

So instead of the grandiose ending of season 3, this movie ends on a more normal note... because that's what the Characters truly wanted deep down...a simple and normal relationship where they do not have to hide parts of themselves...
And ending away from the glamour and the grandiose we've been poisoned with from the usual romance movies

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Predestin(m): 2:02pm On Jul 15, 2023
WriterNig:
πŸŽ₯ Interstellar (2014) = 8.5/10 βœ”οΈ

GOAT stuff, You can always trust Christopher Nolan to deliver, proper film soundtracks,
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by duduade: 2:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Tulsa King
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
Choices and Trust

Another aspect of subtle brilliant writing by Isayama

In Season 1 episode 19 when chased by the female Titan in the forest, Eren is persuaded by the Levi squad to trust them instead of fighting my himself.

But this is what Levi says: "Believe in yourself or believe in the survey corps and me. I don’t know and I never have but I can believe in my own abilities or the choices of the companions I trust. But no one ever knows how it will turn out. So choose for yourself, whichever decision you will regret the least.”

Eren proceeds to trust in his comrades rather than his own power...this leads to them dying gruesome deaths...

Because of this, Eren makes a difficult choice much later in the show...around Season 4 to do things himself rather than to trust in his friends... because he believes that by doing so will lead to an outcome he will regret the least...

He learns to rely on his strength but instead this leads to an even bigger mistake as he ends up putting them in danger and even destroying the world

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 15, 2023
Beorn:

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Have the complete season since but to watch is a problem. Have tons of contents to watch. That Swarm will have to wait till end of the year. Sex scene is not enough to entice me to push it to front of my list. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Same here. I never know when I'll download and watch it.... I've tons to clear off my list.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afromentalist: 6:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
Baddestguyp:
That show was a complete waste of time...
Glad I dumped around season 4-5

I wish I dumped it earlier sef...

Pointless garbage...one of the worst shows I've ever watched
The show requires a Level of IQ not available to majority of people. I can't blame people who can't stand it. It is what it is.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:27pm On Jul 15, 2023
Afromentalist:

The show requires a Level of IQ not available to majority of people. I can understand why some can't stand it. It is what it is.
high level of IQ for The Blacklist? grin grin grin grin grin grin

Imagine watching The Blacklist and thinking it requires high IQ....
The show is rather the opposite...it has dΓ»mb writing

I'm not new to media...I know when I'm being taken for a ride by writers who have no idea where their story is going...
I know when a story is going "anywhere belle face"

Blacklist has terrible writing...the characters are so inconsistent...switching alliances for flimpsy reasons like kids...
It is the kind of show that requires you to shut off your brain to watch

You think Blacklist is complex? grin

I have watched shows that will give you headache trying to figure and piece things together...
I have watched shows that you will be glad to even understand 60% of...

Come be Blacklist you dey call high IQ show? grin

The Blacklist that was made for kids to shut off their brain and watch? grin grin

If you really think Blacklist requires high IQ to understand then all you've shown and proved is that you have extremely poor media literacy grin

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:29pm On Jul 15, 2023
I dey watch shows where we dey analyse deeper meanings between single scenes...
Shows that you can connect different small dots across different parts in different seasons to get the full message

Shows where you fit write an entire thesis on top a single episode...

But person think say na Blacklist require high IQ? grin grin

My God!!!

If Blacklist requires high IQ...then only Albert Einstein can understand End of Evangelion

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Illusioneffect(m): 6:30pm On Jul 15, 2023
Asteroid City - 9/10
Now this is my personal opinion
I have always loved Wes Andersen movies and his style of comedy
You won't enjoy this if you're looking for suspense and brutal guffaws but most movies I love really well are movies with great Cinematography, unique colour grading, unusual storytelling and great dialogue and this movie did all of this with ease
You won't enjoy this movie if you're just a regular movie goer

Abeg when is across the spider verse dropping in the high seas

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by MrSinister(m): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2023
Illusioneffect:
Asteroid City - 9/10
Now this is my personal opinion
I have always loved Wes Andersen movies and his style of comedy
You won't enjoy this if you're looking for suspense and brutal guffaws but most movies I love really well are movies with great Cinematography, unique colour grading, unusual storytelling and great dialogue and this movie did all of this with ease
You won't enjoy this movie if you're just a regular movie goer

Abeg when is across the spider verse dropping in the high seas

The artistic style is exquisite. One moniker up there rated it 5.9/10 and i was like wtf Its a great movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afromentalist: 7:45pm On Jul 15, 2023
Baddestguyp:
high level of IQ for The Blacklist? grin grin grin grin grin grin
[/b]
Like I said,

It takes a certain level of IQ to appreciate shows such as the Blacklist.

It also takes a certain (low) level of (emotional) IQ to go full ad hominems on people's preferences.

Both indications are obvious in your last posts. It is what it is.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:47pm On Jul 15, 2023
Afromentalist:

Like I said,

It also takes a certain (low) level of (emotional) IQ to go full ad hominems on people's preferences.

Both indications are obvious in your last posts. It is what it is.
even toddlers will understand Blacklist...
It takes nothing to know it's a show full of terrible writing

Besides you weren't talking about preferences...
And I have serious bone to pick with The Blacklist after wasting years of my life following the nonsense show with the hope that the writers actually have something they're cooking...

Unfortunately....
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Afromentalist: 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
Baddestguyp:
even toddlers will understand Blacklist...
It takes nothing to know it's a show full of terrible writing

Besides you weren't talking about preferences...
And I have serious bone to pick with The Blacklist after wasting years of my life following the nonsense show with the hope that the writers actually have something they're cooking...

Unfortunately....
Unfortunately one has to sometimes repeat things so that slow people will (hopefully) Understand.

It also takes a certain Level of foolishness to discredit people's preferences under the guise of an alleged lower quality.

It is what it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2634) (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) ... (2819) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: geezyk(m), Bongadu, brightsparks(m) and 1 guest(s)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50