Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2703) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3531306 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) ... (2821) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
For the last part of your post, I will ignore that since I haven't finished the show...

However my point stands on character actions making absolutely no sense.

The themes are the character choices are completely different. I'm talking strictly about the character choices when faced with this disaster...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2023
Baddestguyp:
you again are missing the point.

I'm not saying warning them would change anything. I said it's basic precaution.

As at beginning of Episode 5, where I was when I made that post, they were unsure of what she was.

It's all about perspective. They thought she was a relative of the woman they met 40 years ago. It was at episode 6 they were sure that it's the same person when they saw pictures dating back on 1901

We the viewers know that sending out her pictures wouldn't change anything...
But as at then, the characters did not know that...

This is the part that for some reason you refuse to comprehend...
It is called perspective

At the time of 2 and even 3 deaths, they thought she was someone simply trying to destroy them and they put out a hit for her. I'm talking episode 4 and early episode 5

At that time the rational thing to do was send her pictures to warn them...but they did not and it made absolutely no sense

Your problem is that you are looking at it only from your perspective as a viewer and not as characters...

When watching a movie or a show you are meant to look it things from two perspectives...

1. An independent viewer who has overall knowledge
2. The perspective of characters...

How can you evaluate a character or their choices if you don't look at issues from their perspective?

I'm tired of explaining basic things to you...

The fact is that their actions as characters make no sense...

Yes we as viewers know that there was nothing to be done that would have stopped this...but the characters do not know that...

And that is why the characters have been making awful decisions...

The decision making of these characters have been nothing but utterly st没pid...
Again and Again, "The woman appearing in all those places where the children died or just as they are about to die" is a figment of imagination!, a physical representation of "karma", The woman wasn't really there!. It's their conscience and the deeds their father committed that is toturing them just before they die!. Roderick and Madeleine seeing the woman been the same through the years looking exactly the same, is a play on the audience to decipher if Verna was real or not, and they clearly fooled you. They both knew what was happening, and why it was happening, and they knew warning the kid's wouldn't help, they only thing they could do was to try to "fix" karma and that's what got Pym involved.

But pls believe all you want to believe.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by NeoWanZaeed(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2023
WriterNig:
馃帴 The Exorcist Believer (2023) = 4.8/10

You are truly an attention seeker with your annoying rates for masterpiece movies..
Maybe nun would be 1.2% /10 abi
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by emiron18(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2023
Dem don slap 001馃槀馃槀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEsN3gXPhGE
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:10pm On Oct 26, 2023
oyaskii:
Again and Again, "The woman appearing in all those places where the children died or just as they are about to die" is a figment of imagination!, a physical representation of "karma", The woman wasn't really there!. It's their conscience and the deeds their father committed that is toturing them just before they die!. Roderick and Madeleine seeing the woman been the same through the years looking exactly the same, is a play on the audience to decipher if Verna was real or not, and they clearly fooled you. They both knew what was happening, and why it was happening, and they knew warning the kid's wouldn't help, they only thing they could do was to try to "fix" karma and that's what got Pym involved.

Again and again, you keep ignoring my point and running round the bush...

Do I have to speak Yoruba or Chinese or Spanish for you to understand my point?

I'm talking about character decisions and not the story...

The characters are all acting so stup卯d...

Let me finish the show, because of you I'll make a full post on character decisions in the show starting with the most obvious bluff of a snitch in the family
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Delacroix6(m): 6:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Est-ce qu'il y a quelqu'un ici qui a vu Lupin?
Une nouvelle s茅rie Originale de Netflix. C'est tr猫s bon.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 7:14pm On Oct 26, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Again and again, you keep ignoring my point and running round the bush...

Do I have to speak Yoruba or Chinese or Spanish for you to understand my point?

I'm talking about character decisions and not the story...

The characters are all acting so stup卯d...

Let me finish the show, because of you I'll make a full post on character decisions in the show starting with the most obvious bluff of a snitch in the family
I have simply giving you reasons why they can't make these decisions you are asking for and you keep ignoring it to make yourself look a sage.

If they stop making said "stupid decisions", what would be the point of the show and the narrative they are trying to tell?

Keep fooling.

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:20pm On Oct 26, 2023
oyaskii:
I have simply giving you reasons why they can't make these decisions you are asking for and you keep ignoring it to make yourself look a sage.

If they stop making said "stupid decisions", what would be the point of the show and the narrative they are trying to tell?

Keep fooling.
so you are admitting that the characters suffered for the story?

That so many characters made idi么tic decisions for the story?

Great. We finally agree on something
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:04pm On Oct 26, 2023
oyaskii:

Again...finished the show...

And what you wrote about her not actually being there is false. I don't know what is in the source material...but in the show she is actually there...

I'll explain.

First, she was seen by the waiters at the first party. They literally interviewed them and they said she spoke to them and told them to leave and somehow they all felt compelled to leave. That means she took physical form.

The camera footages showed her. Pictures were taken of her. The camera footages were enhanced by a team of experts meaning they could see her. If she was only an illusion the family could see, people outside the family wouldn't see her. Even the security company checked the images and said she's not their staff and that they don't employ female guards

They found images of her on the internet with several powerful families decades ago...

This means she was there in physical form. Even the detective caught a glimpse of her.

Verna represents Karma yes...but she certainly was there in physical form. That's why she could even physically alter things...and that is why she could be seen on cameras by people who were not part of the Usher family.

So it is a fact she took physical form and not just appears as an illusion

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:23pm On Oct 26, 2023
The Fall of the House of Usher.... 7.8/10

Horror genre.

Great story. They paid the price for a deal they took long ago. Forty years.

The title already gives away the plot so there isn't much to say about it.

The issue I complained about earlier was the choice to sacrifice characters for the story. The Usher family were not geniuses that much is clear. Even a member of the family said that they didn't do anything themselves...they simply paid people to do things...

Some of them called the fact that they got away with things "power"...some called it "luck"...
But in reality it was a deal made years ago...

However, even before the deal, Roderick and his sister were pretty smart. They had played some smart cards...and who knows, they might or might not have gotten away with it...
But they didn't take their chances...they took the deal.

My issue with the characters stem from the fact that they made weird decisions even though we the viewers know it won't change their fate. And it kept bugging me... especially cos I look at stories from different perspectives

One of that was how seriously they took the prosecutor's bluff. It was literally the most obvious bluff either. Even a 10 years old child would be 90% sure it was a bluff...
But Roderick and his sister who were shown to be smart even before the whole deal...somehow took it so seriously that they put a bounty on it...

I mean, there's literally no benefit to a snitch...the prosecutor would never reveal that in his opening address too if it was real...
And with all their connections, they would have found out the snitch if it was real...

Yet they somehow fell for it hook, line and sinker...

I've outlined the whole issue with the picture so I won't repeat myself.

The iish with the wife who chose to go to a public "exclusive indeed" party to f没ck her husband's boyfriend in public also bugged me. It bugged me that someone could be that st没pid but well...I have to admit it's possible even in real life for people to actually be that st没pid...

I'll stop here cos I chose not to spend too much time outlining s卯lly decisions from characters...

But the show did try to spin things as the Characters being st没pid cos of pride and belief that they were invincible...but it was weird...
The children were always on drugs but still not 卯diots. One even had a knack for investigating and finding secrets..

It was especially weird how unbothered all the children were when their siblings kept dying.

It doesn't matter that they don't like each other. Even a f么ol can tell something is going on when several of his siblings keep dying to "accidents" in the span of a week

But somehow the children all waved it off and never acted bothered.

Ah let's not forget the prosecutor that went to meet a man he's spent his years trying to convict. Someone he knew he and his family had committed many murders over the years. I'm sure it's pretty smart to go meet him alone in a secluded house very late at night because he said he wants to confess.
So he won't confess at the office...it's that sort of environment with you alone that he would confess...
Considering his reputation and how his family is falling apart he could go mad and kill you. Or even do it blaming you for the death of his children. Ah...but it doesn't matter...he wants to confess so I will go there alone

Clear case of prioritizing the story and message so much well over the realism of the characters

Still a pretty good watch tho.
And it's clearly horror...unlike what some people claimed on this thread

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:41am On Oct 27, 2023
mayor1814:

In that Nigerian film, "sista" bisola of BBN really tried with the British accent thing. Never knew she could pull that off.
Though i haven't seen the movie but i am not surprise the name you called pulled it off, i mean Bisola is like the best to have ever come out of big brother Naija, she is quite different than others, she is incredibly intelligent and talented so i am not surprise.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:36am On Oct 27, 2023
8 days to go until peak returns

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
猬囷笍猬囷笍猬囷笍

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:23pm On Oct 27, 2023
馃帴 Five Nights At Freddy's (2023) = 5.5/10 鉁旓笍

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 3:34pm On Oct 27, 2023
Breakout Kings
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by myami: 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Citadel
Kaycee7, oyaskii and co Motherf煤ckers, bastads, tell me you've watched
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CBTxFactor: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2023
Bodies: Something over 10 sad

If Winden was London.

Okay watch. Has Dark vibes written all over. Not quite as intriguing and complex as Dark though.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Meksbig(m): 7:50pm On Oct 27, 2023
Scavenger reign
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 7:51pm On Oct 27, 2023
Baddestguyp:
The Fall of the House of Usher.... 7.8/10

Horror genre.

Great story. They paid the price for a deal they took long ago. Forty years.

The title already gives away the plot so there isn't much to say about it.

The issue I complained about earlier was the choice to sacrifice characters for the story. The Usher family were not geniuses that much is clear. Even a member of the family said that they didn't do anything themselves...they simply paid people to do things...

Some of them called the fact that they got away with things "power"...some called it "luck"...
But in reality it was a deal made years ago...

However, even before the deal, Roderick and his sister were pretty smart. They had played some smart cards...and who knows, they might or might not have gotten away with it...
But they didn't take their chances...they took the deal.

My issue with the characters stem from the fact that they made weird decisions even though we the viewers know it won't change their fate. And it kept bugging me... especially cos I look at stories from different perspectives

One of that was how seriously they took the prosecutor's bluff. It was literally the most obvious bluff either. Even a 10 years old child would be 90% sure it was a bluff...
But Roderick and his sister who were shown to be smart even before the whole deal...somehow took it so seriously that they put a bounty on it...

I mean, there's literally no benefit to a snitch...the prosecutor would never reveal that in his opening address too if it was real...
And with all their connections, they would have found out the snitch if it was real...

Yet they somehow fell for it hook, line and sinker...

I've outlined the whole issue with the picture so I won't repeat myself.

The iish with the wife who chose to go to a public "exclusive indeed" party to f没ck her husband's boyfriend in public also bugged me. It bugged me that someone could be that st没pid but well...I have to admit it's possible even in real life for people to actually be that st没pid...

I'll stop here cos I chose not to spend too much time outlining s卯lly decisions from characters...

But the show did try to spin things as the Characters being st没pid cos of pride and belief that they were invincible...but it was weird...
The children were always on drugs but still not 卯diots. One even had a knack for investigating and finding secrets..

It was especially weird how unbothered all the children were when their siblings kept dying.

It doesn't matter that they don't like each other. Even a f么ol can tell something is going on when several of his siblings keep dying to "accidents" in the span of a week

But somehow the children all waved it off and never acted bothered.

Ah let's not forget the prosecutor that went to meet a man he's spent his years trying to convict. Someone he knew he and his family had committed many murders over the years. I'm sure it's pretty smart to go meet him alone in a secluded house very late at night because he said he wants to confess.
So he won't confess at the office...it's that sort of environment with you alone that he would confess...
Considering his reputation and how his family is falling apart he could go mad and kill you. Or even do it blaming you for the death of his children. Ah...but it doesn't matter...he wants to confess so I will go there alone

Clear case of prioritizing the story and message so much well over the realism of the characters

Still a pretty good watch tho.
And it's clearly horror...unlike what some people claimed on this thread

So I'll try to answer some of your questions sha or should I say have a conversation about the show.

1. The Bluff: While Roderick and his sister were portrayed as smart, the only the took the bluff seriously was because the prosecutor has always been a man who follows the letter of the law never venturing in the gray or even outright lying. He has been on their matter for decades and has never done anything that would cause them to doubt what he said.

If I remember correctly, Roderick laughed when he told him it was a bluff, cos it was least expected from the upright man that is the prosecutor, I think he said something about I finally got you into the mud with me or so.

2. Wife's silliness: It can only be assumed that she might have been a wild cat in her day, and when her husband brother made his pitch, perhaps it brought back fond memories for her, hence her decision to go ahead.

3. The 'unbotheredness': While it was selfish, I think it stems from the fact the the bastards kept dying first, so the main children didn't really mind cos they always saw them as undeserving , remember the scene when the three main children had a talk in a bar, how the bastards didn't know they were children of a billionaire I suppose till they were 18 or 21. So in their eyes, the rush of the wealth and fame finally got to the them.

Also a scene when Lenore's father was telling her that it just the bastards, that nothing will happen to them.

4. The venue: I can't remember from the top of my head though but I have seen movies/series where if a high profile individual tells you he wants to confess, usually they want it on their turf. At least this one his assistant is even aware that he is going.

You must have movies/series where even journalists sneaks out without telling anyone where they are going cos they want to break a story whether its to meet criminals or the wealthy. Always bothers me , like why would you put your job over your safety, happens a lot so...

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to confuse you grin

3 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
Faboosuarez:

And yu know this Kate Siegel Na Mike Flanagan's wife too

Yep. She's been in almost all his projects for a long time. Her name is yet the show up in the new movie tho.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Lana1(m): 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2023
Gen V might just be a sicker show than The Boys!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:56pm On Oct 27, 2023
Baddestguyp:

Can't wait

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2023
Baddestguyp:
Also, the Final trailer of Attack on Titan is coming tonight.

I think it's around 2am or 3am in Nigerian time

I'm staying awake for it. Hopefully it will be around 2 minutes long...

But I don't see how they will make a trailer without massive spoilers to be honest.

Literally anything they show will be massive spoilers...

The episode will be just 1 hour 25 minutes long

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2023
Achilles100:

So I'll try to answer some of your questions sha or should I say have a conversation about the show.

1. The Bluff: While Roderick and his sister were portrayed as smart, the only the took the bluff seriously was because the prosecutor has always been a man who follows the letter of the law never venturing in the gray or even outright lying. He has been on their matter for decades and has never done anything that would cause them to doubt what he said.

If I remember correctly, Roderick laughed when he told him it was a bluff, cos it was least expected from the upright man that is the prosecutor, I think he said something about I finally got you into the mud with me or so.

2. Wife's silliness: It can only be assumed that she might have been a wild cat in her day, and when her husband brother made his pitch, perhaps it brought back fond memories for her, hence her decision to go ahead.

3. The 'unbotheredness': While it was selfish, I think it stems from the fact the the bastards kept dying first, so the main children didn't really mind cos they always saw them as undeserving , remember the scene when the three main children had a talk in a bar, how the bastards didn't know they were children of a billionaire I suppose till they were 18 or 21. So in their eyes, the rush of the wealth and fame finally got to the them.

Also a scene when Lenore's father was telling her that it just the bastards, that nothing will happen to them.

4. The venue: I can't remember from the top of my head though but I have seen movies/series where if a high profile individual tells you he wants to confess, usually they want it on their turf. At least this one his assistant is even aware that he is going.

You must have movies/series where even journalists sneaks out without telling anyone where they are going cos they want to break a story whether its to meet criminals or the wealthy. Always bothers me , like why would you put your job over your safety, happens a lot so...

With these few points of mine, I hope I have been able to confuse you grin
1. This was stated by characters in the show. However the show portrayed a different thing. The prosecutor had them steal confidential documents to take down the company. Using illegal means of photocopying confidential documents by sneaking late at night...all just to build up a case.
That is not the letter of the law

2. I don't have too much of a problem with 2 as I stated earlier...it does happen in real life where konji makes people make the most s卯lly decisions

3. I don't think this flies as an excuse for that level of unbotherness. If 3 members of their family die in a week...there is serious cause to worry. Even if they hate or don't regard them, it is normal for humans to worry when deaths surround them suddenly and in a short span of time.

It didn't end at 3 deaths,...it went to 4,5 and 6...
Even by the 5th death, the last sibling didn't seem to care or be worried.

That is highly unrealistic no matter how much drugs he takes.

4. For this. I think the prosecutor made a very silly decision based on the circumstances and their relationship.

He had no reason to trust someone who seriously played him before and almost cost him his career.

The same person who he knows has a Hitman on his payroll. Same person that he knows has committed so many murders and gotten away with it...same person who has caused the death of thousands or millions worldwide without a care in the world.

And same person who he suspects is now mentally unstable due to losing his 6 children in the span of 2 weeks...and had a viable reason to blame him for it (based on the prosecutor's knowledge, not the audience)
The prosecutor could believe it started when he said there was an informat among the siblings

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2023
DyingFetus:
True detective

Rewatching this for 3rd time because it's very interesting
How ?? I still don't get this hype about this show.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:49pm On Oct 27, 2023
WriterNig:
馃帴 The Mist (2007) = 6/10 鉁旓笍
It got the most terrific ending of any movie I've seen.
This rating shouldn't be less than 7.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Silentgroper(m): 2:23am On Oct 28, 2023
oyaskii:

if the Lady was karma and a figment of imagination.. Explain the death of the granddaughter , besides karma doesn't work that way... Karma claps back on the primary offender which is Roderick and his sis .. karma wouldn't happen to his children not his grand daughter ..

He simply made s deal with evil and evil had a price for it ... This makes more sense ..

If the Lady wasn't real, why did Arthur pim see her and Auguste dupin too,??

2 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by jikins(m): 5:49am On Oct 28, 2023
oyaskii:

Was she really a figment of their imagination? I don't agree with that because if so she wouldn't be photographed or seen on cctv

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 6:28am On Oct 28, 2023
jikins:

Was she really a figment of their imagination? I don't agree with that because if so she wouldn't be photographed or seen on cctv
Silentgroper:
if the Lady was karma and a figment of imagination.. Explain the death of the granddaughter , besides karma doesn't work that way... Karma claps back on the primary offender which is Roderick and his sis .. karma wouldn't happen to his children not his grand daughter ..

He simply made s deal with evil and evil had a price for it ... This makes more sense ..

If the Lady wasn't real, why did Arthur pim see her and Auguste dupin too,??
The deal Roderick and the sister made with Verna was that, They can have all the money they want, but the day they die, the rest of the Usher bloodline is wiped out with them. Now whilst the granddaughter didn't really do anything or have any bad habits per say, she is a bloodline of the Usher, hence, besides it's in the Bible i think, "The iniquities of the father will be passed down even to the 3rd and 4th generations".

As for the Verna been real or not, like i have stated in my previous post, Mike Flanagan will explicitly not call a "Spade, a Spade" in It's works and open certain elements of them to debate, so if you y'all think she was real, it is okay and there are points that allude to the fact.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:49am On Oct 28, 2023
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:52am On Oct 28, 2023
4th November...
We are witnessing peak fiction!!!

Can't wait

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:54am On Oct 28, 2023
This is what I call: Movie level production

(1) (2) (3) ... (2700) (2701) (2702) (2703) (2704) (2705) (2706) ... (2821) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: Methane04 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.