Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:59 PM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3572160 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) ... (2832) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:31pm On Nov 08, 2023
🎥 The Kill Room (2023) = 5.9/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2023
🎥 See S01-3 (2019 - 22) = 6/10 ✔️

Too gnocentric. Made no sense. Took me 2 yrs to complete.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2023
🎥 Sister Death (2023) = 5.8/10 ✔️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2023
Even 'SEE' Reviews say it made no sense.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Crumbian: 4:52pm On Nov 08, 2023
WriterNig:
Even 'SEE' Reviews say it made no sense.

I haven't seen the series but I think modern society as it is now will definitely go to shit if everyone went blind.

How are they to use and continue to build the modern world if they're all blind? Who do you think makes technologies for blind people? Blind people?

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BlackManta(m): 5:25pm On Nov 08, 2023
Netflix I'm on my knees, don't fvck this up

The cartoon literally made my childhood

I fit cry if Netflix messes this adaptation

The only confidence I have in this show stems from the fact that Netflix did a great job adapting One Piece for live action.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:37pm On Nov 08, 2023
BlackManta:
Netflix I'm on my knees, don't fvck this up

The cartoon literally made my childhood

I fit cry if Netflix messes this adaptation

The only confidence I have in this show stems from the fact that Netflix did a great job adapting One Piece for live action.
difference is Oda supervised One Piece and even set boundaries not to be crossed. Every change they made had to be sanctioned by Oda

His rule 1 was even to avoid any romance between crew members.

On the other hand, the original producers for Avatar left the production for creative differences...
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by AyarmBoye(m): 5:39pm On Nov 08, 2023
philbubs:

Fztvseries dot mobi, tfpdl dot se
hello boss...I'm currently in season1E5 and I'm not feeling this "TheWire " series....dod it have a slow start like dis? I have heard alot about it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by rockhillz(m): 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2023

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:17pm On Nov 08, 2023

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:04pm On Nov 08, 2023
°°

7 Likes

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by BlackManta(m): 8:16pm On Nov 08, 2023
Baddestguyp:
difference is Oda supervised One Piece and even set boundaries not to be crossed. Every change they made had to be sanctioned by Oda

His rule 1 was even to avoid any romance between crew members.

On the other hand, the original producers for Avatar left the production for creative differences...

@the emboldened

This is what I'm afraid of.

I'm holding out hope that it might be good but a part of me thinks it might be a disaster.

Original creators walking away over creative differences is a giant red flag imo.

Also they didn't just leave, they started Avatar Studios over at Paramount to produce more ATLA spinoffs.

God knows whatever transpired between them and Netflix.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kionrae: 10:12pm On Nov 08, 2023
nani667:
°°
haha about time lfg

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:36am On Nov 09, 2023
nani667:
°°
The cheap AI is strong with this one
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 5:37am On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC-rRhQcnlI?si=qS4R0Lp8vIRuUI5C
One of those rare cases these days where I finally finished the previous season long before a new season drops
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by CooldipoMPS: 5:38am On Nov 09, 2023
Let me power your device!

You deserve no worries!
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GloriousGbola: 6:01am On Nov 09, 2023
Kaycee7:
The cheap AI is strong with this one

yep. did not show up on any of my feeds and a google search says nothing either

AI does not do black people well either - since las las na scraping

that ai just created a stereotypical image of an urban black youth - complete with gold grill

something as far from huey as you can imagine
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2023
Kaycee7:
One of those rare cases these days where I finally finished the previous season long before a new season drops

Same as me bro.... This and "The Gilded Age" are the very few currently airing new shows that I'm up to speed with. A rarity.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 9:31am On Nov 09, 2023
abduleez1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC-rRhQcnlI?si=qS4R0Lp8vIRuUI5C
lmaooo. You posting this now, just made me realize i actually have S1 since and i have not touched it 😩😩😩. This freaking year mannn....i don tire 😞
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Kaycee7(m): 9:43am On Nov 09, 2023
GloriousGbola:

yep. did not show up on any of my feeds and a google search says nothing either

AI does not do black people well either - since las las na scraping

that ai just created a stereotypical image of an urban black youth - complete with gold grill

something as far from huey as you can imagine
The instant tell was the cast all being one name.
Also, Huey would never be caught dead with grills.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by JayVicky: 10:16am On Nov 09, 2023
Blue Eye Samurai is a top, top show. I'm glad I found it.

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 10:41am On Nov 09, 2023
oyaskii:
lmaooo. You posting this now, just made me realize i actually have S1 since and i have not touched it 😩😩😩. This freaking year mannn....i don tire 😞

Omo e choke everybody oo. 🙃🙃
Last month was a horror show for me.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
Erenjp:
you said Mikasa was the only thing interesting about the show.

That's a very bad take you know that...

You ignored all its characters, story, themes, messages etc

My take was personal. Criticism is subjective

1 Like

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 2:23pm On Nov 09, 2023
zoroby:

My take was personal. Criticism is subjective
sorry but this excuse doesn't fly.

If you watched Breaking Bad and said it was the worst show ever and is at most a 1/10 show...

Do you think you wouldn't be called out for it?
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Yemmie24: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2023
Someone should recommend shows like homeland to me
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:

If you watched Breaking Bad and said it was the worst show ever and is at most a 1/10 show...

It's not an excuse. I just stated who I like. So deal with it
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:

BB is probably the worst analogy to use in this scenario because quite a number of people found BB, "boring" and didn't care for the carefully written character development, and they had very valid reasons too, might not be a popular take, but it is still a take.

That's why art continues to be a subjective phenomenon, and him saying "Mikasa" is the only thing he liked in AOT is valid and if you press him further, he might give you reasons. You are so objective in your stance, because perhaps you like AOT a little too much.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2023
🎥 ☢ Oppenheimer (2023) = 7.8/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:22pm On Nov 09, 2023
oyaskii:
BB is probably the worst analogy to use in this scenario because quite a number of people found BB, "boring" and didn't care for the carefully written character development, and they had very valid reasons too, might not be a popular take, but it is still a take.

That's why art continues to be a subjective phenomenon, and him saying "Mikasa" is the only thing he liked in AOT is valid and if you press him further, he might give you reasons. You are so objective in your stance, because perhaps you like AOT a little too much.
while I agree that art is subjective...I believe there is some level of objectivity to it.

A show like Breaking Bad for example is objectively good...what is subjective is how good it is ....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of a show...but others are also entitled to call them out for it...
And to ask them to defend that opinion

If you say Breaking Bad is a terrible show, then you should be able to defend that statement...
Same way if you say there is nothing good in AOT aside Mikasa, you should be able to defend that statement

That's my opinion on this matter
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 5:25pm On Nov 09, 2023
WriterNig:
🎥 ☢ Oppenheimer (2023) = 7.8/10 ✔️ ❤️

I haven't seen the movie but I'm curious....

Have you even rated a movie or show 10/10?

Curious cos your rating system always feels weird. It's almost as if you are looking for perfection from a medium where perfection cannot exist
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 6:25pm On Nov 09, 2023
Baddestguyp:
while I agree that art is subjective...I believe there is some level of objectivity to it.

A show like Breaking Bad for example is objectively good...what is subjective is how good it is ....

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of a show...but others are also entitled to call them out for it...
And to ask them to defend that opinion

If you say Breaking Bad is a terrible show, then you should be able to defend that statement...
Same way if you say there is nothing good in AOT aside Mikasa, you should be able to defend that statement

That's my opinion on this matter

Dey play......

The same you that was ready to talk shït about a show iou haven't even watched and demanded reviews to tell you why you would like it??
The Wire. Remember?

Your mouth dey flow then on top something wey you never watch but now you're claiming "objectivity" on someone else's entertainment. Something wey person use him data watch and him no like am. Cos it's your favourite show now you won't let people hear word and start claiming he must defend his opinion.

This life no con funny like dis. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2708) (2709) (2710) (2711) (2712) (2713) (2714) ... (2832) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.