Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 - TV/Movies (2716) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 (3526789 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Movie Are You Watching Now? / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2713) (2714) (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) ... (2820) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by WriterNig: 4:25pm On Nov 12, 2023
🎥 Rumble Through The Dark (2023) = 6.2/10 ✔️ ❤️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by zoroby(m): 6:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
Loki is another great show from MCU

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:10pm On Nov 12, 2023
⬇️⬇️

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:12pm On Nov 12, 2023
°°

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2023
nani667:
°°

This guy sha...

Na you dey give anime fans bad reputation
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2023
Good evening to you all.

Pls I need a link to any telegram channel where I can download series movie.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 11:35pm On Nov 12, 2023
💯

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by kumero(m): 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2023
Silo
The Last of Us
The Devil's Hour
Mayor of Kingstown
From
Peacemaker
Gen V
Foundation
Loki
Cruel Summer
The Outsider
See

DaveDave001:
guys what good series can i watch now, just finished yellow jackets and house of usher.
Dope series!
Need good recommendations.

PS: i have seen a lot of tv series so you have to be really good with your recommendations, no animes pls

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 12:39am On Nov 13, 2023
Hmm so there are people that gets hard by seeing nude photos of female Amines?

We now live in a world where abnormal is now accepted as normal.

I don't give a Damm what you think or about your opinion, if your penis gets hard by seeing nude photos of female Amines then you need serious help and you better get help because it's not normal, you are medically, religiously and spiritually crazy.

Trust me, you need medical and spiritual help.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 1:24am On Nov 13, 2023
toluxe0075:

I want to believe that budget issue is the main reason they choose to ignore the triumvirate storyline.

Because earlier this year, Starz contacted Steven DeKnight for a Spartacus sequel and the proposed logline was “In the aftermath of the defeat of Spartacus and his rebel army in the series finale, the new drama will depict a new tale of treachery, deceit, and blood unfolding beneath the foreboding shadow of Rome.”

I’m sure he pitched the triumvirate story (among other premises) to them but turned down. I read recently that Rome (a similar series telling the story of the Roman Empire) cost a lot of money per episode to make. Maybe the house of Ashur is the cheapest to make.

I just want to believe DeKnight knows what he is doing. The picture attached is a tweet he made about the series. I guess it’s going to be more of Ashur fantasising about his own rise.

I could remember a scene in Spartacus: vengeance where Ashur was telling the Egyptian guy that he was going to build his own house; the house of Ashur. Maybe the series will start from there.

Maan, I'm having mixed feelings here.
Yep, I saw that news of the Spartacus sequel then and shït was very titillating.

We'll just have to see how he goes with this for ourselves.
Yep, ROME cost HBOMax lot of money back in the day and it'd rank as one of the most expensive TV shows ever. That period was around the time HBO started pivoting towards big-budget spectacle prestige drama unlike the roots of them Sopranos, The Wire etc.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
Fall of the house of usher is a solid 10/10 for me.

Now this is definitely one of the best series of 2023 and it's easily amongst my top 3 after the season 2 of the wheel of time.
I still haven't decided which other one to add to make it top 3.

I love series like this that exposes the truth of the world we live in, especially the truth about money, fame and power.
I have always told people that without a sacrifice then there will be no success in life.

Ask any known famous or rich and powerful man or woman, what have they sacrificed?
Yes they will lie to you that's it's hardworking and consistency but don't be deceived for they ain't telling you the truth.

This is why i will always tell people, be careful what you ask for. Because it's better you just enjoy your simple life in that quiet town, get married and have kids and grow old and die in peace but if because of fame or power, you then decide to get greedy then be ready to make a deal.
The house of usher is like life's revelation as to how the world works.

Kudos to all the casts for playing their role so well. It's indeed a wonderful watch.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 2:17pm On Nov 13, 2023
You know it's kind of funny and strange how this actress who played the raven in the house of usher is like 53 years old and has been married since 1996 yet she doesn't have a child of her own.
Since 1996 even in this world of medicine and all that.

She is one of the most successful actress I've seen and it's strange when you consider the role she played in fall of the house of usher.

This life is indeed, the more you look, the less you see.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
OhBritannia:
You know it's kind of funny and strange how this actress who played the raven in the house of usher is like 53 years old and has been married since 1996 yet she doesn't have a child of her own.
Since 1996 even in this world of medicine and all that.

She is one of the most successful actress I've seen and it's strange when you consider the role she played in fall of the house of usher.

This life is indeed, the more you look, the less you see.
It is not strange because she is actually not married, as she and her partner doesn't even believe in the institution of marriage. I can assure you, she is absolutely fine but doesn't see the need to bring a child into the world.

It is only in 3rd world hell holes like this that, "Marriage and Child bearing" is seen as a "crown of one's life achievement" and it is a huge problem. In saner climes, people are advised to even consider child bearing only if it is absolutely necessary because it affects the society. Poland and Japan for example have kept their population in an exact range for years and look how better these countries are faring because fewer people are using abundant resources, so their is enough to go round. China also had a population explosion some years back, they kept it in check with some serious measures and look how good they are faring.

In contrast, Nigeria's uncontrolled population explosion is one of the main reason the country is in taters and may implode few years from now, if left unchecked. Our official population is put at 200million and UN is projecting, it is going to double in the next 25 years if not controlled.

Let me take electricity for example, our total power generation has not increased by more than 10000MW since independence. So lets assume we had 5000MW in 1980 and our population was 100million then and the power wasn't even enough, then fast forward till now, when the population is 200million and the power generation is still hypothetically 5000MW, meaning more people depend on the power now, that was not even enough when the population was 100m in 1980. Please read this analogy well and understand what i am saying.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world mainly because of the population because the ratio of the poor to rich is 85:15, meaning 85% of the population is in abject poverty and living under a dollar per day with one of the lowest Human Development index in the world, there are more improvsihed children with no education, whom sleep hungry on most days, here than anywhere else in the world, so of what need will it be to bring a child into the world to face this kind of uncertain future?

No nation can progress in this manner and if nothing is done to stop it and the population is allowed to reach 500million by 2050, the country might actually basically just cease to exist.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by blingxx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 13, 2023
OhBritannia:

Now this is definitely one of the best series of 2023 and it's easily amongst my top 3 after the season 2 of the wheel of time.

I love series like this that exposes the truth of the world we live in, especially the truth about money, fame and power.
I have always told people that without a sacrifice then there will be no success in life.

Ask any known famous or rich and powerful man or woman, what have they sacrificed?
Yes they will lie to you that's it's hardworking and consistency but don't be deceived for they ain't telling you the truth.

This is why i will always tell people, be careful what you ask for. Because it's better you just enjoy your simple life in that quiet town, get married and have kids and grow old and die in peace but if because of fame or power, you then decide to get greedy then be ready to make a deal.

Kudos to all the casts for playing their role so well. It's indeed a wonderful watch.

Yup Mike Flanagan is an hell of a director, dude enjoy writing stories on dark secrets of the world with some dialogue... you should check out midnight mass same director
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2023
oyaskii:
It is not strange because she is actually not married, as she and her partner doesn't even believe in the institution of marriage. I can assure you, she is absolutely fine but doesn't see the need to bring a child into the world.

It is only in 3rd world hell holes like this that, "Marriage and Child bearing" is seen as a "crown of one's life achievement" and it is a huge problem. In saner climes, people are advised to even consider child bearing only if it is absolutely necessary because it affects the society. Poland and Japan for example have kept their population in an exact range for years and look how better these countries are faring because fewer people are using abundant resources, so their is enough to go round. China also had a population explosion some years back, they kept it in check with some serious measures and look how good they are faring.

In contrast, Nigeria's uncontrolled population explosion is one of the main reason the country is in taters and may implode few years from now, if left unchecked. Our official population is put at 200million and UN is projecting, it is going to double in the next 25 years if not controlled.

Let me take electricity for example, our total power generation has not increased by more than 10000MW since independence. So lets assume we had 5000MW in 1980 and our population was 100million then and the power wasn't even enough, then fast forward till now, when the population is 200million and the power generation is still hypothetically 5000MW, meaning more people depend on the power now, that was not even enough when the population was 100m in 1980. Please read this analogy well and understand what i am saying.

Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world mainly because of the population because the ratio of the poor to rich is 85:15, meaning 85% of the population is in abject poverty and living under a dollar per day with one of the lowest Human Development index in the world, there are more improvsihed children with no education, whom sleep hungry on most days, here than anywhere else in the world, so of what need will it be to bring a child into the world to face this kind of uncertain future?

No nation can progress in this manner and if nothing is done to stop it and the population is allowed to reach 500million by 2050, the country might actually basically just cease to exist.

I don't agree with you, no woman is happy for not being able to bring a child to the world.
For women!! bringing a child to the world especially for men they love is what every women dreams of.

Forget that agenda of not believing in the institution of child bearing, that's Bullock used to console themselves but i tell you for a fact that every woman on the surface of this earth wants a child she can call her own.

There is absolutely a reason why she hasn't given birth and i can tell you that it is not because she decided not to have a child.

As for nations and child bearing!!!
It's a two way thing, if parents have the job and money to take good care of their children then let them give birth to as many children as they want.

Except if the parent in question doesn't have the resources to Cater for their children.

And secondly!!!! The world is filled with so much wealth and the poverty situation of the world can he eradicated In less than a month if the elites and billionaires and multi billionaires decides to end it.

Child bearing has no effect on any economy at all,. We are where we are because of the wickedness and greediness of man.

If the money used in developing atomic and nuclear weapons and other weapons are used for citizens, then no one will suffer.

Do you know how much politicians steals from Nigeria in a year?
If all the politicians stops stealing for a year, i am telling you for a fact that our monthly wage gap will be 100k for all civil servants and things will be cheap.

Child bearing has nothing to do with how prosperous a country is.

That's a term used by the government and the elites to cover up their greed.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2023
blingxx:

Yup Mike Flanagan is an hell of a director, you should check out midnight mass same director
I am 100% going to see it.
I will make sure i see all his series, the man is a genius, his stories are expository.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2023
Data now is gold oh
No time for nonsense movies embarassed

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by oyaskii(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2023
OhBritannia:
I don't agree with you, no woman is happy for not being able to bring a child to the world.
For women!! bringing a child to the world especially for men they love is what every women dreams of.
That's why i said that's an African mentality or a Nigerian thing, so i wouldn't blame you if you think so and there is nothing i can say that will change your mind, but i know and i have seen better to know that this thinking is shallow and retrogressive.

Forget that agenda of not believing in the institution of child bearing, that's Bullock used to console themselves but i tell you for a fact that every woman on the surface of this earth wants a child she can call her own.

There is absolutely a reason why she hasn't given birth and i can tell you that it is not because she decided not to have a child.
Yeah, White that developed all the IVF techniques and all birthing solutions and even adoption is there and you wholeheartedly believe something is wrong with her that's why she doesn't have a child ?? lool. You would be quite shocked at the number of perfectly healthy wealthy people in saner climes that have basically decided to remain childless...again open your mind.

As for nations and child bearing!!!
It's a two way thing, if parents have the job and money to take good care of their children then let them give birth to as many children as they want.

Except if the parent in question doesn't have the resources to Cater for their children.
Here lies the major problem. On paper, 85% of Nigeria parents can't take of the children because 85% of Nigerian parents are in abject poverty and Nigeria is the capital poverty of the world with a basically salary of 30k per month and that translates to a measly 30$ per month!!. There is basically no resources to match our birthing rate, in saner climes, Government social workers would have collected most people children here because of lack of care by the parents.

And secondly!!!! The world is filled with so much wealth and the poverty situation of the world can he eradicated In less than a month if the elites and billionaires and multi billionaires decides to end it.

Child bearing has no effect on any economy at all,. We are where we are because of the wickedness and greediness of man.

If the money used in developing atomic and nuclear weapons and other weapons are used for citizens, then no one will suffer.

"The world is filled with so much money doesn't translates to Nigeria's money" The billionaires and Elites of the world are in sane places that doesn't have basic problems like basic amenities to contend with because they have a high HDI and have kept their population in check and have the resources to take of them, there is a collective wealth in those countries that's why you see the top 100 billionaires are from Either North America, Europe or Asia. They don't have these basic problems you contend with here!. They have money to make atomic bombs because they have already taken care of their citizens to a great extent, even the atomic bombs they are making in a way is to save their citizens from external threats, now why would they send such money to Nigeria of all places?

I didn't say child bearing is the only problem but it is one of the major cause, As a poor man in Nigeria with a salary of 30k, you have no business having more than one child, because anything more than that, is bringing innocent children to suffer with you in this hell hole, it may sound too cold but i am speaking facts, i am a data person and the data is very clear that Nigeria is nowhere near capable of supporting it's population presently.

If all the politicians stops stealing for a year, i am telling you for a fact that our monthly wage gap will be 100k for all civil servants and things will be cheap.

The currency of a poor man is ifs and hope. Nobody is paying any civil servant 100k basic wage per month, it is not even possible in the next 10 years if we are been realistic, our economy simply can't support it and it is delusions of grandeur to even think it. So if you know the politicians are mad and greedy, and they are not going to pay you high wages, why not do yourself a favour and stop unnecessary procreation to make sure your megre salary is enough for your well being?

Child bearing has everything to do with how prosperous a country is. Do yourself a favour, and enlighten your mind, check where the most poor people are, check their population growth within a 50 year present, check their HDI within that period, and i am no soothsayer but i put my money on you finding the most number of poor people in countries with the "melanin" and who have had their population left on check for years and didn't develop the population they had in the said period.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
7 / 10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by nani667: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2023
6 / 10

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Achilles100: 8:07pm On Nov 13, 2023
Anytime you see Paramount+, MTV and open country. Just know Taylor Sheridan is at work.

I guess the successes of Yellowstone, 1883 and 1923(haven't been able to get pass 2nd episode on this) have made him continue in this same vein.

Now we have Lawmen: Bass Reeves.

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by GrimValor(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2023
oyaskii:
That's why i said that's an African mentality or a Nigerian thing, so i wouldn't blame you if you think so and there is nothing i can say that will change your mind, but i know and i have seen better to know that this thinking is shallow and retrogressive.

Yeah, White that developed all the IVF techniques and all birthing solutions and even adoption is there and you wholeheartedly believe sometime is wrong with her that's why she doesn't have a child ?? lool. You would be quite shocked at the number of perfectly healthy wealthy people in saner climes that have basically decided to remain childless...again open your mind.

Here lies the major problem. On paper, 85% of Nigeria parents can't take of the children because 85% of Nigerian parents are in abject poverty and Nigeria is the capital poverty of the world with a basically salary of 30k per month and that translates to a measly 30$ per month!!. There is basically no resources to match our birthing rate, in saner climes, Government social workers would have collected most people children here because of lack of care by the parents.

"The world is filled with so much money doesn't translates to Nigeria's money" The billionaires and Elites of the world are in sane places that doesn't have basic problems like basic amenities to contend with because they have a high HDI and have kept their population in check and have the resources to take of them, there is a collective wealth in those countries that's why you see the top 100 billionaires are from Either North America, Europe or Asia. They don't have these basic problems you contend with here!. They have money to make atomic bombs because they have already taken care of their citizens to a great extent, even the atomic bombs they are making in a way is to save their citizens from external threats, now why would they send such money to Nigeria of all places?

I didn't say child bearing is the only problem but it is one of the major cause, As a poor man in Nigeria with a salary of 30k, you have no business having more than one child, because anything more than that, is bringing innocent children to suffer with you in this hell hole, it may sound too cold but i am speaking facts, i am a data person and the data is very clear that Nigeria is nowhere near capable of supporting it's population presently.

The currency of a poor man is ifs and hope. Nobody is paying any civil servant 100k basic wage per month, it is not even possible in the next 10 years if we are been realistic, our economy simply can't support it and it is delusions of grandeur to even think it. So if you know the politicians are mad and greedy, and they are not going to pay you high wages, why not do yourself a favour and stop unnecessary procreation to make sure your megre salary is enough for your well being?

Child bearing has everything to do with how prosperous a country is. Do yourself a favour, and enlighten your mind, check where the most poor people are, check their population growth within a 50 year present, check their HDI within that period, and i am no soothsayer but i put my money on you finding the most number of poor people in countries with the "melanin" and who have had their population left on check for years and didn't develop the population they had in the said period.
Don't mind him, typical Nigerian/African man who thinks so highly of himself that he presumes to know what not just one, but every single one of the billions of women scattered across the face of the earth want in their lives....SMH
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 9:37pm On Nov 13, 2023
I thought they said the hype was dead?

Currently sitting at the top undecided

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 11:13pm On Nov 13, 2023
Several streamers discussing AOT themes, messages, final thoughts etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKOxdnOoutQ?si=Lax3TVQ3-nxsQXo2
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:28am On Nov 14, 2023
oyaskii:

Yeah, White that developed all the IVF techniques and all birthing solutions and even adoption is there and you wholeheartedly believe something is wrong with her that's why she doesn't have a child ?? lool. You would be quite shocked at the number of perfectly healthy wealthy people in saner climes that have basically decided to remain childless...again open your mind.

For the last time, i still stand on my fact that no woman on earth is happy to remain childless except something is wrong with the woman mentally or physically or spiritually.
I have seen more than enough in life too i know what i am saying.

You might think the mentality is shallow but like the famous sayings goes. [b]Who nor go, nor know [b]

And Note!!! I never said all the billionaires and elites can save Nigeria from poverty.
What i said was that there is poverty everywhere even in America, Europe, China and Africa, there are countless of homeless people in USA and Europe too.

What i said is that it is 100% possible to eradicate poverty, starvation and homelessness from the world entirely if the elites and government all decides to do so.

Do you know how many people Elon Musk can take away from poverty forever if he decides to help Americans that are homeless and jobless with 90% of his wealth?

I hope you get my points now and it's the same for Nigerian too. Trust me when i say that what politicians and people steals from Nigeria every year is more than enough to pay nothing less 200 k average salary in Nigeria and this is fact.

Forget about what you read on papers, i am telling you facts here.
How many years since Abacha died and till today we are still receiving stolen Abacha's money.

Now imagine if Abacha never stole and he used all the money for the Nigerians and the economy. Think about how our economy and country will be like right now.

Nigeria is one of the richest countries in the world you have no idea how much wealth Is in this country.

So child birth can never affect Nigeria's economy because even if we are 1 billion Nigerians, we still can't cover 50% of the wealth and richness of Nigeria.

Is China not more populated than Nigeria?
Yet China is richer than Nigeria and more prosperous than Nigeria so what are you saying man?

It is because the Chinese leaders decided to use their resources for the good of China.

Soon India will become one of the world powers and they are more in population than Nigeria yet more prosperous.

So man!!! Child birth isn't Nigeria's problem.
The politicians are the problem.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:31am On Nov 14, 2023
Baddestguyp:
I thought they said the hype was dead?

Currently sitting at the top undecided
I DON'T agree with this list though, how can Loki be the 3rd most popular series except you mean currently as at this week because if you are talking about most popular series of all time then avatar beats attack of the Titans and series like vampire Diaries or the originals or game of thrones beats Loki hands down.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 1:34am On Nov 14, 2023
GrimValor:
Don't mind him, typical Nigerian/African man who thinks so highly of himself that he presumes to know what not just one, but every single one of the billions of women scattered across the face of the earth want in their lives....SMH
Lol it's funny how this is a new account and the first thing you posted is this. Lol

Una dey think say we be children for this thread. Lol

Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by Baddestguyp(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2023
OhBritannia:
I DON'T agree with this list though, how can Loki be the 3rd most popular series except you mean currently as at this week because if you are talking about most popular series of all time then avatar beats attack of the Titans and series like vampire Diaries or the originals or game of thrones beats Loki hands down.
it means currently.

It's a changing list. GOT is always lurking in top 20 despite having finished years ago

AOT finale aired over a week ago...that's why it's still number 1...

It'll probably drop by next week
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 8:43am On Nov 14, 2023
OhBritannia:

Spoken like an average African or Nigerian.
Sadly, these mentality or thought process is why Nigeria and Africa is where we are. And we'd remain so for a long time, sadly. No be curse.

Lol, the way you peeps talk about corruption you would think other prosperous nations don't do it at all. Africans just use that excuse to mask their pain and console themselves of their ineptitude. Especially Nigerians!!

"We're so damn rich that if the average politician stops stealing, this country will be far more prosperous and run shoulders with the elite countries of this world"

Hogwash!!!!

We're where we are because of lack of planning and foresight. Clearly exhibited by majority of the population and not only the "elites" themselves.

India and Nigeria are very comparable in terms of human development index and similarities in unique peculiarities or circumstances. India was the poverty capital of the world over 3 yrs ago. They're also fantastically corrupt. Insane population like Nigeria.

But yet, Nigeria and India can't be compared in the international scene in the next 20 years. They're way far ahead of us in every ramification and index needed to be successful in the next 25years.
Even the respect that country enjoys in comparison to Nigeria no dey the same level. The ONLY thing helping Nigeria(ns) these days is our export of our Afrobeats music to the world. Thus, helping to repair our image. If not......

To educate you a little, child bearing actually plays a massive fvvking role in an economy. In fact it's your huge "growing" population that's the ONLY reason foreign countries even considers Nigeria as an investment destination. If not, who be the mumu wey wan invest in this shithole country? Almost Useless Naira, dumb politicians, uneducated populace who are even more religious than the people who brought the said religion to them, dilapidated infrastructure, even the few educated ones are stuck with illogical mentality, tribalistic intolerance. All this and this country is ripe for implosion.

Over policing of childbearing and population is the reason Japan's economy isn't as strong as it is and is in for serious trouble in the next decade if they don't boost their numbers or better yet, don't let it reduce further. China in the next two decades will start facing this issue due to their "one child" policy for decades. Now they're encouraging child-bearing with incentives to couples sef mitigate that and shore up the economy (GDP).
PS: The more you have older people in an economy more than the youth population, you can't grow cos you're stuck with dependents. This is why you see GDP of countries with huge population even with shït infrastructure and leadership like Nigeria still grow their economy. It's basically a numbers game.
This is the only potential foreign investors see in Nigeria, nothing else. PLENTY YOUNG POPULATION!!

In fact, by 2050 Nigeria is going to be in the top 15 economy of the world. By 2070, we would have broken into top 10. And that's solely because of massive population growth, buddy.

So yes, you might think it's meaningless but population plays a huge role in GDP and growth The details is in how you manage it and the peculiarity of your situation.
You can be fvvked over by your population size or it can be a boon for you. The choice is yours.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by OhBritannia(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2023
abduleez1:

Spoken like an average African or Nigerian.
Sadly, these mentality or thought process is why Nigeria and Africa is where we are. And we'd remain so for a long time, sadly. No be curse.

Lol, the way you peeps talk about corruption you would think other prosperous nations don't do it at all. Africans just use that excuse to mask their pain and console themselves of their ineptitude. Especially Nigerians!!

"We're so damn rich that if the average politician stops stealing, this country will be far more prosperous and run shoulders with the elite countries of this world"

Hogwash!!!!

We're where we are because of lack of planning and foresight. Clearly exhibited by majority of the population and not only the "elites" themselves.

India and Nigeria are very comparable in terms of human development index and similarities in unique peculiarities or circumstances. India was the poverty capital of the world over 3 yrs ago. They're also fantastically corrupt. Insane population like Nigeria.

But yet, Nigeria and India can't be compared in the international scene in the next 20 years. They're way far ahead of us in every ramification and index needed to be successful in the next 25years.
Even the respect that country enjoys in comparison to Nigeria no dey the same level. The ONLY thing helping Nigeria(ns) these days is our export of our Afrobeats music to the world. Thus, helping to repair our image. If not......

To educate you a little, child bearing actually plays a massive fvvking role in an economy. In fact it's your huge "growing" population that's the ONLY reason foreign countries even considers Nigeria as an investment destination. If not, who be the mumu wey wan invest in this shithole country? Almost Useless Naira, dumb politicians, uneducated populace who are even more religious than the people who brought the said religion to them, dilapidated infrastructure, even the few educated ones are stuck with illogical mentality, tribalistic intolerance. All this and this country is ripe for implosion.

Over policing of childbearing and population is the reason Japan's economy isn't as strong as it is and is in for serious trouble in the next decade if they don't boost their numbers or better yet, don't let it reduce further. China in the next two decades will start facing this issue due to their "one child" policy for decades. Now they're encouraging child-bearing with incentives to couples sef mitigate that and shore up the economy (GDP).
PS: The more you have older people in an economy more than the youth population, you can't grow cos you're stuck with dependents. This is why you see GDP of countries with huge population even with shït infrastructure and leadership like Nigeria still grow their economy. It's basically a numbers game.
This is the only potential foreign investors see in Nigeria, nothing else. PLENTY YOUNG POPULATION!!

In fact, by 2050 Nigeria is going to be in the top 15 economy of the world. By 2070, we would have broken into top 10. And that's solely because of massive population growth, buddy.

So yes, you might think it's meaningless but population plays a huge role in GDP and growth The details is in how you manage it and the peculiarity of your situation.
You can be fvvked over by your population size or it can be a boon for you. The choice is yours.
If you follow the conversation very well as to the reason i made that statement, you will discover that we are actually saying the same thing.

I was only replying him when he said Nigeria's child bearing is the major reasons we are the poverty capital of the world and i am telling him that's not the reason at all.
Re: What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 by abduleez1(m): 9:14am On Nov 14, 2023
OhBritannia:

I know a typical Nigerian or African will watch the show and only take out the sacrifices, ritual (if I may call it that) as the sole lesson learnt.
And movies or TV series like these made by the "white" will indeed reinforce that notion all the more.

While the show surely talks about Life and the sacrifices made by the Ushers, still, it had a far greater sub-plot than the one which most people see.

Roderick Usher and Madeleine were gonna do the shït they did regardless of Death's help or not. It was who they were and already set in motion long time before even making a deal with Death.
It's more of a tale of unchecked power and fame and what not to do with it.
It's about man being free of the shackles of responsibility and accountability. Give him absolute power for 43 years without consequences and see what he does with it.

Death just made doing their every whim become so easy that no one could possibly hold them accountable, even the president couldn't.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2713) (2714) (2715) (2716) (2717) (2718) (2719) ... (2820) (Reply)

What Movie Are You Watching Now? / Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread

Viewing this topic: nisot14

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144